WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2FF- FUC'N UP ANOTHER HALLETT 210,HACK JOB BEWARE

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
As much as I hate working on boats, here I am again... I would like to find a real turn key boat some day.... but it ain't gonna happen... I got told that I don'y know nothing about boats, and I hack up every thing I do... So, lets make this a how not to do it thread.....lol...I pick this boat up about 8 mo. ago... the plan when I got it was to swap the power and good stuff and put it on my vector and put the vector stuff on the fugly duck...well, that never happened and I sold the vector... fugly duck is too nice of a survivor, and is in too nice of condition to go messing with all that...so mostly I have been detail cleaning and messing with props and such... I put a new solid black windshield, the one on it had deflectors that was right in my sight line...I ran the 4 blade hydro, boat was horrible to drive

DSC04003.JPG
DSC04004.JPG
DSC04005.JPG
DSC04006.JPG
DSC04013.JPG
DSC04017.JPG
DSC04018.JPG

Croz

Reaction score
I dig the fug duck, I'd look into getting a flip down bow light replacement for your first hacking, every Hallett windshield should be solid black IMO. Looks good

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
DSC04033.JPG
DSC04036.JPG
DSC04037.JPG
DSC04038.JPG
Did I say "Ihate the colors on this boat??? well, it's getting better and I'm showing it some love... the 210's have really dried up as far as boats for sell go... so I'm making this one work for us, mostly me and sue riding and maybe one more couple..I tried a mach 4 blade 26 pitch... spun it pretty easy... I haven't tuned the motor yet, ran it as I got it...of all the closed bow 210's I owned... they seem to do the same thing as fall as riding and handling...but would I know,..the boat is out of balance and tail heavy.. IMO... so doubt that doing this mod did anything noticeable... but hey every little thing will add up at some point.. the battery's were all the way to the back and on the drivers side... I'm guessing because that is the torque lift side... so I decided to move them up to the back of the seat, there is a window that you can put cables on there or un hook the ram.... I hacked the fuc out of the job, so don't do it like this....

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I like this boat too and thought your mead prop thread was informative. The way to dial in a boat is trial and error usually lots of error... If it were easy there would be no such thing as a driver's boat.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I dig this boat too 2FF, and I like the name “fuggy Duck” rather the Fuggly Duck lol...Welcome back mate. Missed ya

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I like this boat too and thought your mead prop thread was informative. The way to dial in a boat is trial and error usually lots of error... If it were easy there would be no such thing as a driver's boat.
my next prop to try is gonna be a ron hill 26p 4 blade...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I dig this boat too 2FF, and I like the name “fuggy Duck” rather the Fuggly Duck lol...Welcome back mate. Missed ya
things got a little too heated and RD thought that I needed to disappear , and with one push of a buttom....poof... I was gone....lol gotta say, I missed the ol RD crowd ...I really enjoy hack shit'n up but f'n hate working on boats... every time I get in the boat, what I need is out side the boat or in the other garage...wish I was one of those guys that just drops the boat off ,..and what they call work is hav'n to call cause it aint done...then they say look what I did... I keep thinking they are gonna show me all the calls and tex message's

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Snap in carpet for the rear engine are that matches the rest....

I’m telling you the big Dana tabs make a huge difference. Our 210 is so much more stable at speed compare to those tiny bennets.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

I’m telling you the big Dana tabs make a huge difference. Our 210 is so much more stable at speed compare to those tiny bennets.
how big are the Dana's, do you have a -2 drive?

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

did you run the boat before you put the tabs??? what was it doing that made you go to such big tabs... and how is it now??? my tabs are 12 x 16, and that seems big to me for such a well handling boat that doesn't need tabs..

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
how big are the Dana's, do you have a -2 drive?

Dana 1000 and yes -2 imco

Honestly I thought the boat handled like dog shit stock and at its limits (70 gps with a 454 magnum)it walked around a bunch when trimmed up.

The boat feels better and safer now at 80 than it did at 60 before.

The boat can still be a handful with the tabs up. I have seen close to 88 with a loose/light boat but I have zero desire to yard sale myself or my family.

80-82 full of gas and people with a labbed bravo 28 is where she is at. I don’t hinknim iver canned so she doesn’t pull the 28 past 5500.

28 feels better than a 26

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
not sure why you think this boat is so ugly. I really like it. good power, could use some modern components, but its a damn nice boat dude. looking forward to seeing some upgrades

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
not sure why you think this boat is so ugly. I really like it. good power, could use some modern components, but its a damn nice boat dude. looking forward to seeing some upgrades
I think I'm good looking if that helps....lol

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

Honestly I thought the boat handled like dog shit stock and at its limits (70 gps with a 454 magnum)it walked around a bunch when trimmed up.

The boat can still be a handful with the tabs up. I have seen close to 88 with a loose/light boat but I have zero desire to yard sale myself or my family.

80-82 full of gas and people with a labbed bravo 28 is where she is at. I don’t hinknim iver canned so she doesn’t pull the 28 past 5500.

how come you get to say that....lol... I've been say'n that exzact thing for over 10 years...got lit on fire and pitch forked...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
how come you get to say that....lol... I've been say'n that exzact thing for over 10 years...got lit on fire and pitch forked...

They slap waves like a mofo with the stock tabs. With that entry they like a little long tab and then some trim.

Our boat will run through some pretty nasty water at 60

Lontoy

Reaction score
Nice boat. I had a 210 Hallett. Great boat. Looks Awsome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett3

Reaction score

Cole is correct on his set up. I have a vector with a 525 Mercury racing have same set up except the 2” lower. Go on you tube at watch Cole’s boat run with us. Type in Hallett regatta 2016 . And his boat runs hard in rough water also. Proven set up.

hallett21

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Lenco performance tabs on a 210 or vector?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I still think it’s a clean great looking sunfish!

What is the Hydromotive you said you didn’t like? I’m looking for an Intimidator 27p or 28p right

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I still think it’s a clean great looking sunfish!

What is the Hydromotive you said you didn’t like? I’m looking for an Intimidator 27p or 28p right
the one I got is a 26p and I'm trading namba for his 28p

BONER

Reaction score
Not sure why everybody hates on this boat. If it's so fuckin ugly, call me, let's work a deal. :)

nordic454

WWW.METALWORXLV.COM
Reaction score
I saw this boat this morning when Steve pulled up next to us at Sandy Beach. It really is a clean boat. Maybe the graphics aren’t the coolest, but they wouldn’t bother me. Good seeing you today, it’s been awhile

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I actually like the colors. But I don't like the standard stuff.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
whats really the game plan here? Why not just enjoy the boat for what it is? If you wanted a race boat, you should have kept the vector, any any of the 21' RC's you've had.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
whats really the game plan here? Why not just enjoy the boat for what it is? If you wanted a race boat, you should have kept the vector, any any of the 21' RC's you've had.
I really wanted to keep the v-drives, but they are a bitch around the docks..and my wife don't like to drive them with other boats around, and she drops me off to go get the trailer..don't really want a race boat just a good cruiser.... that being said... it's real close to where we wanna be, I bought a -2 imco drive,... but seriously think I will never put it on.. as for the boat.... great as is and I just want everything to work as it should..

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I saw this boat this morning when Steve pulled up next to us at Sandy Beach. It really is a clean boat. Maybe the graphics aren’t the coolest, but they wouldn’t bother me. Good seeing you today, it’s been awhile
Good to see you also,... your boat sure looked good... hard to beat a deck boat

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
what kind of components?

sintax

Reaction score
I really wanted to keep the v-drives, but they are a bitch around the docks..and my wife don't like to drive them with other boats around, and she drops me off to go get the trailer..don't really want a race boat just a good cruiser.... that being said... it's real close to where we wanna be, I bought a -2 imco drive,... but seriously think I will never put it on.. as for the boat.... great as is and I just want everything to work as it should..

i can understand that, the v-drives are a bit "different" at the dock and require a whole lot more care to keep them in control. I'm the asshole who will tie mine up at the far end of the dock and run and grab the truck and walk it on the trailer. The joys of a fully capped deck and a v-drive. Some days you kinda just wish you had a 19' bayliner with a 4banger and could just run it hard up onto the trailer!

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
i can understand that, the v-drives are a bit "different" at the dock and require a whole lot more care to keep them in control. I'm the asshole who will tie mine up at the far end of the dock and run and grab the truck and walk it on the trailer. The joys of a fully capped deck and a v-drive. Some days you kinda just wish you had a 19' bayliner with a 4banger and could just run it hard up onto the trailer!
I never drive the boats on the trailer... but it's pretty crowded at mead at the dock, so when the water is warmer we just go close to the beach, I jump off and go get the truck, she goes back out, out of the way, gets up close to the trailer and I walk it on...

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
so I got the ride plate on, can't wait to go try it

DSC04057.JPG
DSC04058.JPG

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
so I got the ride plate on, can't wait to go try it

View attachment 640108 View attachment 640109

You and those plates [emoji6]

When you sell a boat with one do you leave it on?

What is it that makes it so effective? I know there’s have been posts bashing it over the years just wondering if there any sort of science behind it or does it just work??

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
what kind of components?

gauges, switches, steering wheel, shifter/throttle, stereo, trim tabs, drive shower, billet hydraulic reservoir

just in looking at the pictures. forget which thread, but someone touched on a re-gel and turn that purple into blue. or drop a couple Reds in there with the yellow.

just spit ballin'. lot of potential

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
You and those plates [emoji6]

When you sell a boat with one do you leave it on?

What is it that makes it so effective? I know there’s have been posts bashing it over the years just wondering if there any sort of science behind it or does it just work??

yep, leave it on... here's the science, or what I was try'n to stop... I had a few of Nordic rage boats,.. when it would get ruff out, it would bang the waves hard...and every time you hit the next wave it would be bow up too much...the weight of the transom would go deeper in the water and the bow would come up, and it would what I case the jump... boats need to run on the keel in ruff water ...by the time you launch off a wave ,the tabs are in the air and don't do anything till you bury the transom... so there is a void right in the middle, daves schiada has a center ride plate... so anyway... I tried it... and it worked,,and just started trying on a lot of different boats... it's worked well on every hallett I've owned... some day I'll go to the shop and fab up something... but for now,... take a very little time to bolt one on...

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
yep, leave it on... here's the science, or what I was try'n to stop... I had a few of Nordic rage boats,.. when it would get ruff out, it would bang the waves hard...and every time you hit the next wave it would be bow up too much...the weight of the transom would go deeper in the water and the bow would come up, and it would what I case the jump... boats need to run on the keel in ruff water ...by the time you launch off a wave ,the tabs are in the air and don't do anything till you bury the transom... so there is a void right in the middle, daves schiada has a center ride plate... so anyway... I tried it... and it worked,,and just started trying on a lot of different boats... it's worked well on every hallett I've owned... some day I'll go to the shop and fab up something... but for now,... take a very little time to bolt one on...

It’s just an old school trim tab deal right? The one you put on looks old which is why I asked if you took them off.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
It’s just an old school trim tab deal right? The one you put on looks old which is why I asked if you took them off.

yeah, they quit making them so I have to hunt them down.... the first one I tried I had In my parts pile.... I was just gonna use it to make a pattern and find the angle..then pull it off and fab something up....LOL that was over 10 years ago... the angle is perfect with it in the up position , but you still could adjust it down a little.... , no one ever does a center tab because of the drive.... except for rd's boat... never seen another one done

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
yeah, they quit making them so I have to hunt them down.... the first one I tried I had In my parts pile.... I was just gonna use it to make a pattern and find the angle..then pull it off and fab something up....LOL that was over 10 years ago... the angle is perfect with it in the up position , but you still could adjust it down a little.... , no one ever does a center tab because of the drive.... except for rd's boat... never seen another one done

Gotcha.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
gauges, switches, steering wheel, shifter/throttle, stereo, trim tabs, drive shower, billet hydraulic reservoir

just in looking at the pictures. forget which thread, but someone touched on a re-gel and turn that purple into blue. or drop a couple Reds in there with the yellow.

just spit ballin'. lot of potential
so I should buy a triple axel trailer and go to the store and put a boat on it???lol

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
not even sure how to respond to that

no.....just upgrade some shit
or sell it and quit bitching about "your ugly boat"

LOL....love you're reply's....I'm a 65 yr old construction worker that aches every where..bitch'n about everything is the norm..thats the power of the internet,... if we were drink'n a cold beer at the bar you would have found some humor in my post'...as I was being a smart ass...(Old smart ass) you have some good idea's and appreciated ...thank's some of which I did think of...as for the Hallett, it's doing what we want, and getting real close to "Being there"... I try to post about what I do as a pay back to this site... I get a lot of info about all kinds of stuff from this site..as far as the colors... I'm learning to love it, or show it some love... but ...it's just not my choice of colors...the rest is pretty spot on....plenty of power, and it'll go faster than my wife likes to go...anything over 50 and she starts the "What's the hurry" the only second though about getting this boat is the getting in and out of it... we have had deck boats for so long...have a great day buddy, look'n forward to your replies

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
LOL....love you're reply's....I'm a 65 yr old construction worker that aches every where..bitch'n about everything is the norm..thats the power of the internet,... if we were drink'n a cold beer at the bar you would have found some humor in my post'...as I was being a smart ass...(Old smart ass) you have some good idea's and appreciated ...thank's some of which I did think of...as for the Hallett, it's doing what we want, and getting real close to "Being there"... I try to post about what I do as a pay back to this site... I get a lot of info about all kinds of stuff from this site..as far as the colors... I'm learning to love it, or show it some love... but ...it's just not my choice of colors...the rest is pretty spot on....plenty of power, and it'll go faster than my wife likes to go...anything over 50 and she starts the "What's the hurry" the only second though about getting this boat is the getting in and out of it... we have had deck boats for so long...have a great day buddy, look'n forward to your replies

Fair enough. Personally I love the boat. colors are specific to an era. and that's ok.
obviously some of those upgrades are costly, but a few here and there would really step up the looks of that boat.
maybe even cut the bow open!!!
anyway, point taken. I too learn a lot on here and love to watch rebuilds and upgrades so I've enjoyed keeping an eye on this boat. 210's are some of my favorite.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Cole is correct on his set up. I have a vector with a 525 Mercury racing have same set up except the 2” lower. Go on you tube at watch Cole’s boat run with us. Type in Hallett regatta 2016 . And his boat runs hard in rough water also. Proven set up.
I watched that video... water looks like close to glass with a little wind chop..I liked this video better...the water is ruff.. but the boat is running flat... looks like he is running a lot of tab he's running wet al the way to the bow

hallett3

Reaction score
I watched that video... water looks like close to glass with a little wind chop..I liked this video better...the water is ruff.. but the boat is running flat... looks like he is running a lot of tab he's running wet al the way to the bow

Yeah he does. I kinda run the same with my vector. I kinda learned that I tab down and trim up works the best. I just trim down more when I hit the rough stuff. We were doing 83 mph (gps) on the flat stuff. I was using a 28 Mercury racing prop on that run. By the way I think your 210 is very clean and bad ass. Love the upgrade on the windshield. The big tabs are more sensitive and it took me more time getting use to it, but I think you need them when reaching greater speeds. Who knows. Maybe someday when I see you out at havasu you can take my vector for a spin. I will be at havasu more since my son bought a new home in havasu which is being built and almost finished.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
Yeah he does. I kinda run the same with my vector. I kinda learned that I tab down and trim up works the best. I just trim down more when I hit the rough stuff. We were doing 83 mph (gps) on the flat stuff. I was using a 28 Mercury racing prop on that run. By the way I think your 210 is very clean and bad ass. Love the upgrade on the windshield. The big tabs are more sensitive and it took me more time getting use to it, but I think you need them when reaching greater speeds. Who knows. Maybe someday when I see you out at havasu you can take my vector for a spin. I will be at havasu more since my son bought a new home in havasu which is being built and almost finished.
damn, don't know how I missed this reply???? but thanks!,..seat time in my Hallett really seems to benift….learning more each time out...mine doesn't like any more than neutral trim... unless I match it with more down tab..but, then my boat only runs about 75 on the speedo ...

SamMaxco

Reaction score
As much as I hate working on boats, here I am again... I would like to find a real turn key boat some day.... but it ain't gonna happen... I got told that I don'y know nothing about boats, and I hack up every thing I do... So, lets make this a how not to do it thread.....lol...I pick this boat up about 8 mo. ago... the plan when I got it was to swap the power and good stuff and put it on my vector and put the vector stuff on the fugly duck...well, that never happened and I sold the vector... fugly duck is too nice of a survivor, and is in too nice of condition to go messing with all that...so mostly I have been detail cleaning and messing with props and such... I put a new solid black windshield, the one on it had deflectors that was right in my sight line...I ran the 4 blade hydro, boat was horrible to drive

View attachment 639285 View attachment 639290 View attachment 639291 View attachment 639292 View attachment 639293 View attachment 639294 View attachment 639295
I need that all black windshield. Who do I call for one like that for my 210?
thanks Steve

Ricks raft

Reaction score
I need that all black windshield. Who do I call for one like that for my 210?
thanks Steve
I never had to replace my hallett windshields, so not sure. OC boat windows is who made originally and currently making replacements for my 2000 Howard.