WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

2nd Degree Murder in Floyd Case

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
They will need to prove intent. That's a lot bigger hurdle, hopefully they can pull it off.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Is anyone else seeing this sign language guy/ woman (can’t tell) going off??

Animated is an understatement.

sintax

Reaction score
re: the charges, thats always a fine line to walk. I feel they're being pressured to charge them with more serious charges, but obviously they have to PROVE these, and as the DA stated in there, the state has very specific guidelines that must be met. If they cant make a case, or if its a weak case, these cops will be back out on the street, and we'll face a whole new set of issues.

re: the signer, that shits gotten way out of hand, dont we have closed captioning on TVs? I find the singing incredibly distracting when i'm trying to listen. Yes, i'm an asshole who can hear, and i'm privileged and blah blah, i'm not trying to say its bad, i'm just explaining my feelings.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
3rd degree he was definitely going to jail for 25yrs

2nd degree he may walk all because the morons are pushing the DA for more, they are just giving him the get out of jail free card.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Too soon??
BBF63C42-D7F2-4659-996F-B7FE1D4C329F.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

2nd degree he may walk all because the morons are pushing the DA for more, they are just giving him the get out of jail free card.

I'm sort of changing my tune here.. I think hes gonna be guilty of whatever charge they throw at him at this point. The state is going to come at all 4 of these guys with everything they have.

Heard a live interview of a protester in Newport Beach after the charges against the other 3 ex cops was announced and the 2nd degree charge was announced, and the guy said "What charges? Whatever they have charged them all with is not enough!"

What do they want to charge them with, genocide?

For a bunch of people for justice, against capital punishment and against prison sentences, they sure want some people hung in the streets without a trial.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I'm sort of changing my tune here.. I think hes gonna be guilty of whatever charge they throw at him at this point. The state is going to come at all 4 of these guys with everything they have.
You're probably right. Every news station here in LA has interviewed a couple of attorneys each and they all said leave it at 3° and it's a definite conviction.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
It looked like the charges are 2& 3 on the TV?
Is that even possible?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You're probably right. Every news station here in LA has interviewed a couple of attorneys each and they all said leave it at 3° and it's a definite conviction.

I'm no lawyer, but I believe they are using Floyd begging for his life, and the time Floyd was unresponsive as justification to move it up to 2nd degree murder. Clearly it is not first degree, they did not wake up that morning planning to kill the guy.

Whatever happens I hope they are convicted. None of us know the full story, but I'm hoping at least one of them said WTF are you doing to Chauvin during all of this.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
MN and Minneapolis are extremely liberal. They better not blow this prosecution, intentionally or otherwise. If they were to somehow get off, it would likely make the riots and looting of today look like child's play.

Could failure to successfully prosecute somehow fit their extreme liberal agendas?

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Reporter - "What will you be charging them with?"

DA - "Yes, all of them."

That’s what I saw as well.
IMO it was a paid hit though. Chauvin executed him under orders.
If anyone thinks this sounds crazy all I can say is that there is an entire sub culture of society that lies underneath what we see and believe.
If I am right Chauvin will be dead before trial. OR... he will plead out and remain silent under threat of death or death to his family or both.
Or he will just disappear from our minds during the next manufactured crisis.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That’s what I saw as well.
IMO it was a paid hit though. Chauvin executed him under orders.
If anyone thinks this sounds crazy all I can say is that there is an entire sub culture of society that lies underneath what we see and believe.
If I am right Chauvin will be dead before trial. OR... he will plead out and remain silent under threat of death or death to his family or both.
Or he will just disappear from our minds during the next manufactured crisis.

I agree on the sub culture deal.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it was ordered or staged personally. I think this was just the perfect story for the media to run with at the perfect time.

But it sounds like you are saying the man has some dirt on the Clintons.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score

I think they may be able to charge him with both and see if the worse ones stick. But I'm no attorney. I could be wrong.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Raising the bar to 2nd degree is coming really close to purposely throwing the case. Like said this means they have to prove intent to kill..... A much higher standard than 3rd degree.

Will they rush this case to trial? November almost seems to soon for a murder trial to happen by... Chauvin and Floyd are both being used as pawns by a bigger political machine at this point.

cxr

Reaction score
I'm no lawyer, but I believe they are using Floyd begging for his life, and the time Floyd was unresponsive as justification to move it up to 2nd degree murder. Clearly it is not first degree, they did not wake up that morning planning to kill the guy.

Whatever happens I hope they are convicted. None of us know the full story, but I'm hoping at least one of them said WTF are you doing to Chauvin during all of this.

im not sure but i believe i heard that they asked Chauvin a couple times if they should turn Floyd over and Chauvin said NO

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I agree on the sub culture deal.

I don't know if I'd go as far as to say it was ordered or staged personally.. but it sounds like you are saying the man has some dirt on the Clintons.

No I think there was shady shit spilled over from their joint security employment at the “nightclub”.
Possibly linked to the counterfeit operation.
I can’t say but it seems awful coincidental.
When Chauvin kills him he really doesn’t show any emotion or consideration of Floyds state of being.
It isn’t unprecedented.
Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby knew each other for years. They both worked together for Trafficante in Cuba.
When JFK betrayed the Southern AND Northern Mafias, AND the CIA Oswald was fingered as the primary fall guy. But his stupidity led to immediate capture.
Send in Jack Ruby to clean it up.
It’s nothing new.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No I think there was shady shit spilled over from their joint security employment at the “nightclub”.
When Chauvin kills him he really doesn’t show any emotion or consideration of Floyds state of being.
It isn’t unprecedented.
Lee Harvey Oswald and Jack Ruby knew each other for years. They both worked together for Trafficante in Cuba.
When JFK betrayed the Southern AND Northern Mafias, AND the CIA Oswald was fingered as the primary fall guy. But his stupidity led to immediate capture.
It’s nothing new.

All of that is going to end up like the Vegas shooter deal.. Shoulder shrugging on all sides.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Minnesota has two variations of 2nd degree. One requires intent one does not, but requires an underlying felony. Analogous to the felony murder rule. They are using assault as the underlying felony. Personally, I wouldnt go for it. Now you're saying the officer started the incident with assault. Not trying to effectuate an arrest. 3rd degree only requires a reckless disregard for human life with a high probability of death. I.E. putting your entire body weight on a handcuffed individual cutting blood circulation and or air.

The 2nd degree was absolutely to calm people. But, prosecutors usually always throw the highest crime they think they can prove and include, what we call the lesser included offenses. So yes, it can be 2nd degree and if you feel not sufficient evidence to prove, the lesser included offense of 3rd degree. Jury can then find not guilty of second but guilty of 3rd.

wallnutz

Reaction score
New riots in 6 to 8 months after the acquittals. Should have stuck with murder 3 and charged the others with some sort of manslaughter.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Minnesota has two variations of 2nd degree. One requires intent one does not, but requires an underlying felony. Analogous to the felony murder rule. They are using assault as the underlying felony. Personally, I wouldnt go for it. Now you're saying the officer started the incident with assault. Not trying to effectuate an arrest. 3rd degree only requires a reckless disregard for human life with a high probability of death. I.E. putting your entire body weight on a handcuffed individual cutting blood circulation and or air.

The 2nd degree was absolutely to calm people. But, prosecutors usually always throw the highest crime they think they can prove and include, what we call the lesser included offenses. So yes, it can be 2nd degree and if you feel not sufficient evidence to prove, the lesser included offense of 3rd degree. Jury can then find not guilty of second but guilty of 3rd.

Thank you.. that helps.

wallnutz

Reaction score

Good info

MSum661

Reaction score
It isn’t unprecedented.
It’s nothing new.

Interesting angle.
There's a ton of sealed information the investigators will keep a lid on for obvious reasons, tainting a jury pool is the 1st that comes to mind, but
if what your implying is true...the 2nd degree should be a piece of cake to get through. JMO.
I'm starting to believe more and more the investigators are piling up solid enough info. to justify a 2nd degree push.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Interesting angle.
There's a ton of sealed information the investigators will keep a lid on for obvious reasons, tainting a jury pool is the 1st that comes to mind, but
if what your implying is true...the 2nd degree should be a piece of cake to get through. JMO.
I'm starting to believe more and more the investigators are piling up solid enough info. to justify a 2nd degree push.

Well, be careful...you never know where the real killers are...
Generally speaking, the higher you go the higher the stakes.

It’ll be a “piece of cake” only if the power figures are insulated...and that insulation is best achieved by silence.

Strictly my opinion, as the on staff conspiracy guy (lol), but It feels to me like Floyd was supposed to die unnoticed that day. Whether by orders or just by a thug covering his own tracks.
He was endangering some sort of criminal enterprise, the obvious assumption would be the counterfeit angle.
Chauvin PROBABLY acted on orders although mutually benefiting as well.
His demeanor during the killing is one of a killer, not an arresting officer.
Right now the damage control has to be off the fucking chain.
This incident has gone from a quite killing to protect a low level criminal enterprise to a National, Historical event on countless fronts with untold lasting effects.
Crazy plain and simple.

Time will tell, but I think the tentacles from this are almost unimaginable.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I think he’s a dead man walking.
I used to think the same, but after Casey Anthony walked, I have changed my tune. He was a drug addict who had Fentanyl intoxication along with recent meth use when he died.

MSum661

Reaction score

It’ll be a “piece of cake” only if the power figures are insulated...and that insulation is best achieved by silence.

Strictly my opinion, as the on staff conspiracy guy (lol), but It feels to me like Floyd was supposed to die unnoticed that day. Whether by orders or just by a thug covering his own tracks.
He was endangering some sort of criminal enterprise, the obvious assumption would be the counterfeit angle.
This incident has gone from a quite killing to protect a low level criminal enterprise to a National, Historical event on countless fronts with untold lasting effects.
Crazy plain and simple.

Anything is possible. Hard to imagine......but possible.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score

Crazy plain and simple.

Under that scenario we are talking first degree murder as well as conspiracy to commit murder, interfering with an investigation, possible evidence tampering. Hell maybe even a RICO charge. Possibly more federal charges, depending who's involved what actions are taken and what US code there is that I dont know or havent heard of yet that has elements that can be met.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Anything is possible. Hard to imagine......but possible.

For me it’s very easy to imagine.
It’s more logical (to me) than some cop just killing the dude on accident or murdering him like a serial killer.
Tell you something else, watching him do it, seems he’s comfortable killing.

rrrr

Reaction score
He won't walk. The jury can disagree on murder two, but murder three is a lock.

Chauvin is going to do hard time. He'll be in administrative segregation to protect his life, which usually means 23 hours a day alone in a cell and one hour of solo yard. If the chance arises, he'll be a dead man in seconds.

Last edited:

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Under that scenario we are talking first degree murder as well as conspiracy to commit murder, interfering with an investigation, possible evidence tampering. Hell maybe even a RICO charge. Possibly more federal charges, depending who's involved what actions are taken and what US code there is that I dont know or havent heard of yet that has elements that can be met.

Yep.
But like I said...damage control must be off the chain.
You are talking about a Dem run outfit top to bottom, careful how you approach it.

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Yep.
But like I said...damage control must be off the chain.
You are talking about a Dem run outfit top to bottom, careful how you approach it.
Could be why Trey Gowdy says it should be 1st degree. Perhaps he knows some facts the public is not privy to.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Crazy plain and simple.

As another "conspiracy" type...
I agree that the cop looked way too comfortable killing. As in calm, say, sociopath maybe?
What if, big IF, he was paid for the hit, not knowing the full extent of the aftermath? What if he did it under orders from someone, who was paid or told to have it done? What if the hit wasn't the endgame, but merely a trigger set to put further, larger things in motion?

What if bad players were already in trannsit to rioting hotspots before this was news? What if the the cop(s) were so calm, because they were told a video was to be made as proof to a benefactor? Instead, the video is used to light a fuse on a powder keg...

Just some messed up thoughts from a messed up mind.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
This is fucking bullshit.

He was sitting on him when he died. He committed murder. The fact that our justice system has various "degrees" of murder is a fucking joke.

When you have so many laws that you can tie up a murder done in broad daylight ON FUCKING CAMERA....

Keep your guns clean and your mags loaded. You are going to need them soon.

None of you are safe. If they can fabricate bullshit out of thin air when they have live video....stop fucking pretending they have even one fuck to give for you as a citizen.