WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3/4 Rant

Boat 405

Reaction score
Driving from Havasu to SD yesterday. Pretty much we only travel on sundays or mondays. Yesterday on a saturday and almost every single car was in the left lane going 70-75 with nobody in the right lane????? WTF?? I like to go faster than most traffic but always pass on the left and move back right immediately. If someone wants to go faster cool so be it. I run cruise control all the way. I dont understand people jumping out of their lane the last second and then pacing the car next to them effectively blocking the flow of traffic. That shit went on from El Centro to Alpine. I guess for the most part people just don't give a fuck. Sad sad state of affairs. I like to have the least amount of impact on anyone around me regardless of being in the boat, truck, car, whatever... Personal awareness seems to have gone out the window these days.

DLC

Reaction score
Personal Awareness
Personal Responsibility

Common sense isn’t so common anymore

Looking out for your neighbors isn’t a thing anymore

I’m sure there are a few more to add to the list that died a while ago!

Nordie

Reaction score
That's my biggest pet peeve, or you have the cruise set and you're passing or getting passed by the same car for miles and miles on the I-15. You can only just laugh knowing you've got your cruise control set.

It seems like left lane hogs have a California plate headed north on the I-15 on Monday mornings. A couple of the guys that commute live in Logandale, Mesquite, and St. George. Their monday morning rants consist of 70mph fast lane California plates. Speed limit in that corridor is 75, and 80-85 is the pace.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
You can see why so many people suck at driving these days by watching how they push and "park" their shopping carts in stores. So many just don't give a F and stroll mid aisle and then walk away to check something out. Apparently it's their stores and we're their guests

And how many times no do you see people walking down the middle of aisle in store parking lots ignoring any vehicles behind them?

Boat 405

Reaction score
That's my biggest pet peeve, or you have the cruise set and you're passing or getting passed by the same car for miles and miles on the I-15. You can only just laugh knowing you've got your cruise control set.

Exactly....

thedan

Reaction score
I think it is lazy drivers with adaptive cruise control stacking up and making #1 lane trains of multiple cars. The slow lane is the new passing lane unfortunately.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
It's been like that all summer on the 40 too. The rag head truckers have started cutting fast lane drivers off a little earlier though, leaving a couple hundred yard gap to pass on the right ( which I never used to do and thought those who did were overly aggressive ) . It's not uncommon for 3 to 4 cars to make it "safely" with room to spare now.
I hate when they see you coming and move to the left lane and do the 10 mile slow pass trying to get past the other semi
I return the favor when I get in front of them and slow them down on a hill
I like to thank truckers for what they do but there are some real asshats out there

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
Yep, I pass more people while im in the #2. I’m surprised at the number of people towing a boat/trailer in the #1 lane who refuse to move over.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Plenty of it that is DGAF attitudes but there is a shitload of it that is plain ignorance of the laws/rules. Talk with a few folks and you'll soon find out they have no clue. Too easy to pass a driver test w/o knowing 90% of what you really should.

Nordie

Reaction score
Yep, I pass more people while im in the #2. I’m surprised at the number of people towing a boat/trailer in the #1 lane who refuse to move over.

Even though frowned upon, not every state requires a 55mph tow limit in the right hand lane. The new technology with brakes, horsepower, etc...modern vehicles are much better at towing safely than say 20 plus years ago. I've never understood this stigma of oh my god someone jumped in the fast lane towing to pass up a couple of slow ass prius'.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
I hate the damn trucker when they move to the left lane cause someone stop on the right off the pavement in the dirt.
I know it a ca. law but it make no sense .

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
I hate the damn trucker when they move to the left lane cause someone stop on the right off the pavement in the dirt.
You ever been on the side of the road when one of those things blows by only a foot or 2 away? I hate the ones that do it even though there's a car right next to them for sure. But the ones that cause someone else to cut the cruise control, I'm good with that.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
AZ law too.
Stop on the side of the hwy and wait for a semi to go by. You'll wish they moved over
I just stopped on my motorcycle and there was an extra lane for a car to move over to.
Didn't bother or didn't know to move over. They got their sign lol🖕

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
People drive in the left lane because the right lane is so destroyed by the trucks , it’ll shake your fillings out . Why oh dear God does the state not repair / maintain the roads , we pay enough in gas taxes to finance a small country !

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
People drive in the left lane because the right lane is so destroyed by the trucks , it’ll shake your fillings out . Why oh dear God does the state not repair / maintain the roads , we pay enough in gas taxes to finance a small country !
yep, hwy 40 south of kingman I will drive my rv and trailer in left lane and my cars too
No way am I going to beat up my rides

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I take 66 from kingman through Seligman going to Williams. That’s 40 stretch is horrible.
Yes, we now take that ride up to Crookton. 20 miles longer to Williams but way less stressful and more scenic.
Just took my bike that way last week
The train traffic was horrible lol
image0000001.jpg
image0000021.jpg

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yes, we now take that ride up to Crookton. 20 miles longer to Williams but way less stressful and more scenic.
Just took my bike that way last week
The train traffic was horrible lol
View attachment 1043749 View attachment 1043751

It is. But like you said it’s a nicer drive and you will keep your teeth and the dishes in the cupboard. Seligman also has some decent places to eat.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
I drive Vegas /OC route all time. Did it once a week for two years straight. I know every turn, hill, bump and potential patrol hiding spot.

I drive right lane only. Drive slightly off center to avoid the tire ruts and pot holes. Also I drive the truck lane regardless if towing or not. When I come up on a truck, move left—pass, then back in the truck lane.

Hate to tell you this—but I’m also the guy that will let a truck over to the left when pushing up a hill. I know the cars behind me won’t—so I do. Best thing is when that truck moves back to the right—I mash the gas hard and put distance so all those cars behind can never catch up..

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
So I’m on my way to Texas ( months ago ) and i pass this assclown trucker out side Grants , Nm , he’s in fast lane doing 55 mph I pass on right so I ride on at 56 mph shaking my head raising my hands this guy is going ape shit punching the windshield throwing shit around the cab 😂😎👍 good times

brgrcru

Reaction score
Can we turn this thread into another 18 wheeler bashing thread ?

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
First the Semi rant and now the 3/4 rant? So do we get to the Docktagon once we get tp the full on rant?

Last edited:

boblins

Reaction score
I think it is lazy drivers with adaptive cruise control stacking up and making #1 lane trains of multiple cars. The slow lane is the new passing lane unfortunately.
Usually try to turn adaptive cruise off, but many cars/trucks do not make that option available. When driving those vehicles you may find that you have slowed down substantially without noticing it right away because the transition was so smooth/slow. Might be ok in heavy freeway traffic, but out on the open road it can be very frustrating to use. Have often found the best way to make time was to use the so called slow lane, seems no one else wants to drive there.

azsunfun

Reaction score
case in point i-10 eastbound victorville to buckeye, i do the left towing, but i do the speed!