WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3 Boat Accidents in the same spot in 24 hrs

McGyver

Reaction score
I was sitting at Fox's when the red boat went by, caught an edge hard right is what we seen.
And to think that Blue Water is closed and Indian land across the way closed it will be a real shit show if everything opens up.
By the way I was a passenger, not driving. Our driver was not drinking, not worth the risk.
Be safe

BingerFang

Reaction score
I was sitting at Fox's when the red boat went by, caught an edge hard right is what we seen.
And to think that Blue Water is closed and Indian land across the way closed it will be a real shit show if everything opens up.
By the way I was a passenger, not driving. Our driver was not drinking, not worth the risk.
Be safe

Dam. That will do it.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
How so?? Please splain me. 😁 Looking at the article I was pointed towards, that's the opinion I formed. 🤷‍♂️

It was more sarcasm than anything.

But 3 accidents happening in one area, in one day the govt reaction is not going to be to look for more OUIs out there (as I said earlier I'm sure these all or mostly OUI related). They are already out doing that anyway.

Their reaction is to try add a no wake zone in the area, regardless of the cause of the 3 accidents, because obviously there is a problem there.

There reaction is not going to be restrict wake boat traffic as no wakeboard boats were even a part of any of these accidents.

A cop is not going to try to figure out who's wake was who's in a washing machine. All the people shaking their fists about "boats need to be responsible for their own wakes" need to realize it is a 300' wide stretch of water, with multiple boats going different speeds in both directions. Its not the fault of multiple boaters creating multiple wakes that converge, don't converge, bounce off the shore, etc. and cause other boaters to lose control and fly into docks.

At some point it the responsibility of the driver of the boat to travel the waterway at a speed safe for the given conditions and not drive into into docks or other boats.

Last edited:

white tortilla

Reaction score
750287AA-DA52-4026-A64A-35AF8200EC4E.jpeg
Me trying to cross the new Mastercraft wake

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Like I said before, if there is a known hazard sure seems prudent to err on the side of caution.....like maybe turn somewhere not as close to the docks, or any docks/structures. We all have tendencies to be somewhat complacent when we do it regularly with no issue. I relate that thought to the saying that a large % of people who get into accidents are close to home.

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
Like I said before, if there is a known hazard sure seems prudent to err on the side of caution.....like maybe turn somewhere not as close to the docks, or any docks/structures. We all have tendencies to be somewhat complacent when we do it regularly with no issue. I relate that thought to the saying that a large % of people who get into accidents are close to home.

300' wide river... 5 boats each direction. Someone is going to be next to the docks.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My guess is it is going to be like Havasu, no wake on holiday weekends in high risk areas like this.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Like others have said, a no sking / wake sport section in this area would solve most of the issues. No need to be a 5 mph area.