WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3 Boating Fatalities Yesterday?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Havasu News is reporting 2 Boating accidents and 3 fatalities on the River yesterday. I'm aware of the tragedy at Foxes and the 2 fatalities. Anyone know of the other reported accident and fatality?

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I am totally surprised with this.
When I went in May on Friday morning of an off week I had to stop and try to figure out if I accidentally went on a holiday weekend. Then I thought that this was going to be a bad year.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
off-season really is not a thing these days. Heading through the gorge on Saturday was absolute nuts, my boat was airborne more than it was in the water.

I can assure you those were not the conditions yesterday. Maybe we should all get planes instead :)

Reactions: DWC

Groper

Reaction score
off-season really is not a thing these days. Heading through the gorge on Saturday was absolute nuts, my boat was airborne more than it was in the water.
Whoe whoe whoe guy how do get airborne in a "No Wake Zone" like the Gorge ? well unless you were actually flying I'd suppose. :oops:

sintax

Reaction score
I can assure you those were not the conditions yesterday. Maybe we should all get planes instead :)

Some people already have been! I saw @Bullhead bully fly over our camp at pirates saturday (i think, we were out there all week and it was a total blur at this point) Sunday and Monday were good days on the water though!

sintax

Reaction score
Whoe whoe whoe guy how do get airborne in a "No Wake Zone" like the Gorge ? well unless you were actually flying I'd suppose. :oops:

haha theres some fast sections in there too, and I have a tiny boat. I saw no less that 6 giant searay type ocean boats, and 2 HUGE CC boats on my way to the sandbar that afternoon.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

truth..

RD

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Monday morning I went down to site six to check out the water before my drive home, I saw a bunch of police vehicles and the medical examiner’s vehicle. The poor guys truck was still on the launch ramp w his trailer in the water. His pontoon was tied up and he was covered up on the dock. Pretty sad Monday for sure. RIP

Bullhead bully

Reaction score
Some people already have been! I saw @Bullhead bully fly over our camp at pirates saturday (i think, we were out there all week and it was a total blur at this point) Sunday and Monday were good days on the water though!
Last weekend was a blur for me as well I was everywhere.
I will say flying is the best and also the most dangerous if not taken seriously enough with tons of training.
That’s the major difference by law you need no formal training to go boating at any speed.
And a ridiculous amount of training to get your pilot’s license and then nonstop / recurring training / Biannual Flight Review/ Instrument competency check FAA medical and the list goes on. So a pilot has a serious commitment to get there and stay there. And a real time and money investment as well.

That’s the huge difference!