WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

3 decomposed bodies found in Irvine home

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I find it disturbing that none of the neighbors thought about calling the police to do a welfare check on them. Plus the smell had to be horrendous.

Irvine police found the decomposed bodies of three adults in a residence on Wednesday, April 6, in what appears to have been a murder-suicide that took place several months ago.

Officers went to the home on Riverboat at about 10:30 a.m. to do a welfare check on behalf of Canadian authorities, who had been contacted by extended family when they could not contact the relatives for more than a year, Lt. Bill Bingham said.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
A YEAR, WTF!
I get not seeing or noticing a neighbor for maybe a few weeks to a month but how oblivious do you have to be to not notice for a year?

Chinese money buys houses and they just sit.

If all your bills are on autopay and the gardener keeps coming... no one asks questions.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I find it disturbing that none of the neighbors thought about calling the police to do a welfare check on them. Plus the smell had to be horrendous.
People as a whole now seem to bee less and less connected to one another. Out here, the older folks are noticed due to their pretty frequent "patterns". Who goes to the store or town what part of the week, etc. When my neighbor was alive, if his car didn't move for a couple days, I'd call him or drive over...no family in the state.

I think people now may be too busy, and not want to get involved. When I lived in my old house, I knew the neighbors on either side, but only spoke with them maybe once a month. Out here, I know everyone within a minimum of a 1/4 mile, with the exception of a few properties that have been bought by out of staters, and are left vacant for now.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I can understand the possibility of not knowing if the neighbor is there or not. I know I don’t tell our neighbor in Hawaii our schedule. I really don’t want anyone to know if we are there or not. As for Havasu…..we let all our neighbors know so they will watch things for us.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Irvine is pretty much close the garage door as you get home. Lots of detached peeps there but damn.....thats a long time to be decomposing without anybody checking. Sad that happens probably more than we all know. Maybe not a year but for sure weeks at a time. I believe it will become more frequent going forward as human interaction continues to decrease for many. Not just old people

Lavey5150

Just one more
Reaction score
Irvine is a whole new world now. I grew up there, Mom still lives there.Our Cul-De-Sac was a baseball diamond as a kid w/ painted bases, the Water District Plate was Home plate .Cops N Robbers every night,Hot Lava, the sidewalks are safe,Asphalt in the street is Lava.4th Of July, Huge Barbecues in the street, Fireworks at the park-the good shit that reports and makes loud f'ing noise.Neighbors everywhere,Dad's pulling Coors originals outta the cooler all day. Riding in the back of my old man's Pickup truck w/ all my buddies. Skateboarding w/ out a helmet, riding on your best friends handlebars to school. This doesn't shock me, Irvine is a closed door now. No communication, everyone stays inside. I take my kids to the pool at Grandmas house on a hot summer sunny day- no one around.They are all inside playing V games,studying, or avoiding the Sun.RIP fun in Irvine.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I have a buddy who's lived there for a while . . . they bought new again a few years back near that 'Great Park'.
They have 2 boys and they hate it . . . the reason . . . over 1/2 the houses in his tract are empty 100% of the time.
All homes were purchased by chinese who leave them vacant and won't rent them.
The homes that are lived in are 90% chinese . . . so the boys don't really have anything in common with the few residents in the tract.
The other thing he said that I found interesting was when they come home at night, over 1/2 of the tract doesn't even have lights on because there's literally no one home. He said it's depressing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have a buddy who's lived there for a while . . . they bought new again a few years back near that 'Great Park'.
They have 2 boys and they hate it . . . the reason . . . over 1/2 the houses in his tract are empty 100% of the time.
The homes that are lived in are 90% chinese . . . so the boys don't really have anything in common with the few residents in the tract.
The other thing he said that I found interesting was when they come home at night, over 1/2 of the tract doesn't even have lights on because theirs literally no one home. He said it's depressing.
That’s exactly why all my friends left Irvine several years ago. Teachers were complaining their kids were disruptive constantly... they were just louder and more active than the silent Asian kids in class.

outboard_256

Reaction score
The other thing he said that I found interesting was when they come home at night, over 1/2 of the tract doesn't even have lights on because there's literally no one home. He said it's depressing.

Probably a bunch of dead people, going to start smelling in a few months.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
WOW this is right by my house. I could walk over there. Can't imagine the smell. Its a very nice area up against the hills. This is a big event for Irvine!

My track is full of empty homes too. Dark at night with the chirp of smoke detectors going 24/7. I live in a guard gated community. There is something to be said about living behind big gates with a guard presence. I've never felt safer at all times of the day and night. We don't even lock our front door when we leave during the day. Is it my favorite place to live, no, but its temporary until our youngest kid is off to college. I have a river house to escape to every weekend so it works for us. If i didn't have the river house it would be much more of an issue I imagine. I don't really know any of my neighbors, we wave, its pretty lame.

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
The article says that the people had been deceased for a year to 16 months, with their car in the driveway. I have several neighbors that I don't know and don't see very often, but I think I would notice a car that never left the driveway for over a year. It had to be pretty dirty sitting outside for that long. I guess if the landscapers keep the yard in good condition and all of the bills are on autopay with enough $$ in the bank to cover the bills this could happen. I assume none of the victims had jobs, so they weren't missed at work.

2Driver

Reaction score
Jesus who cleans that kind of stuff up?

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
I wanna know who installed the windows

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
If its anything like Oregon the house will have to be condemned. I know a guy that has a "crime scene clean up" company. And you have to take everything that could possibly be contaminated. He has actually bought a few of the houses that were not complete tear downs. But he was telling me about one that they had to cut out the floor joist and everything because the blood had soaked through the subfloor and roemove the majority of the sheetrock from blood splatter. the body had been there around 2weeks. Definitely not a job I'd want to do but The guy makes a killing.

bk2drvr

Reaction score
If its anything like Oregon the house will have to be condemned. I know a guy that has a "crime scene clean up" company. And you have to take everything that could possibly be contaminated. He has actually bought a few of the houses that were not complete tear downs. But he was telling me about one that they had to cut out the floor joist and everything because the blood had soaked through the subfloor and roemove the majority of the sheetrock from blood splatter. the body had been there around 2weeks. Definitely not a job I'd want to do but The guy makes a killing.
who pays the bill? The bank that owns the house?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I wonder what 'state' the bodies were found in (no I don't wanna see any pics).
At 16 months, I would guess the flys had already done the whole maggot thing etc.
Probably a pile of clothes, bone, skin, & hair?
I would think the smell would be un-bearable . . . but after a year, I wonder if it had subsided.
That would be the WORST job imaginable.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
who pays the bill? The bank that owns the house?

If I remember correctly he gets paid by the state and the state goes after who ever they need to or auction the property. But dont quote me on that.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I wonder what 'state' the bodies were found in (no I don't wanna see any pics).
At 16 months, I would guess the flys had already done the whole maggot thing etc.
Probably a pile of clothes, bone, skin, & hair?
I would think the smell would be un-bearable . . . but after a year, I wonder if it had subsided.
That would be the WORST job imaginable.

Obviously houses are not 100% sealed, but if no flies got to the bodies, there wouldn’t be any maggots, right?

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
After the 08 crash all of our neighbors for the most part lost their homes, the new buyers were mainly asian or indian with very large families. We left 12 years later or so and still had not met most of them, car pulls in garage, door shuts, nobody every outside, every blind closed. Before 08 every night after work garage doors were open, beers being drank, kids riding bikes in the street. All changed after the bottom fell out. I could see how it could happen.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Obviously houses are not 100% sealed, but if no flies got to the bodies, there wouldn’t be any maggots, right?

Until..
Screenshot_20220407-160130_Samsung Internet.jpg

Cdog

Reaction score
After the 08 crash all of our neighbors for the most part lost their homes, the new buyers were mainly asian or indian with very large families. We left 12 years later or so and still had not met most of them, car pulls in garage, door shuts, nobody every outside, every blind closed. Before 08 every night after work garage doors were open, beers being drank, kids riding bikes in the street. All changed after the bottom fell out. I could see how it could happen.
You were in 92808 right? I saw the same thing in my AH neighborhood in the mid 2000's. Strange how some cultures act like sleeper cells. LOL! 😂

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I used to rehab a ton of foreclosure homes. We fixed up thousands of them over the years. One condo up in Oceanside had a man that had passed away un-noticed. At least un-noticed for a few months.

The guy was in bed, and probably had a heart attack in his sleep. Over the months he essentially melted. All the liquid in his body ended up in the bed, then the box spring, then the carpet, then the plywood subfloor, then the ceiling below, then the slab below that.

They had to cut out the plywood, and the drywall, but the smell was still quite strong even months after the body was gone. We scrubbed with bleach and other deodorants but to no avail.

What finally worked is an ozone generating machine. The machine puts out a free oxygen molecule and it gloms onto whatever odors there are and converts the smell to something else, at least as I understand it. After a weekend of that machine running, the place was fine.

Wombat

The Great Southern land
Reaction score
People as a whole now seem to bee less and less connected to one another. Out here, the older folks are noticed due to their pretty frequent "patterns". Who goes to the store or town what part of the week, etc. When my neighbor was alive, if his car didn't move for a couple days, I'd call him or drive over...no family in the state.

I think people now may be too busy, and not want to get involved. When I lived in my old house, I knew the neighbors on either side, but only spoke with them maybe once a month. Out here, I know everyone within a minimum of a 1/4 mile, with the exception of a few properties that have been bought by out of staters, and are left vacant for now.
I used to do the same for my elderly neighbor (94) when he was alive as well. Must have called the medics out to see him 1/2 a dozen times and all the time he had to be taken away to hospital.

The last time l checked on him was when we had some pretty hot weather (118 F ) at the time, so l knocked on his front security door (main door was open) and give a shout out to him to see if he was ok.

He was lying on his lounge apparently half asleep but he seemed to struggle getting up and come to the door. When he got to the door he looked like shit and l told him so (as a good neighbor would). l asked him if he was alright considering the hot weather we were having and considering he didn't have a air-conditioner installed he said he was ok and l politely called "bullshit".

l told him l was going to call the ambo out to check him out and as usual he said "no way l'm ok those people are way to busy". As he was talking l noticed his breathing was labored and then he hacked up a enormous greeny that nearly made me puke. I called the ambo straight away and when they came, as usual, they took him away.

The next day l got a knock on my front door and it was the ambo's who came and took old Joe to the hospital. They told me l had apparently saved his life because if l hadn't of called on him to check how he was he would have certainly died within the next couple hours. Unbeknown to him his lungs where filling up with liquid while he lying on the lounge.

He ended up staying in hospital for another 2 months and totally reliant on a oxygen bottle 24 /7. The good thing is his family all got to see him before he died in hospital and not to told he died alone in his house.

Guys, always check on your elderly neighbors or someone who is sick and alone, you could save a life or more importantly save someone from dying alone.

Garry (wombat)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
You were in 92808 right? I saw the same thing in my AH neighborhood in the mid 2000's. Strange how some cultures act like sleeper cells. LOL! 😂
Yup, it was such a fun neighborhood prior to 08, so many good friends, never the same after.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And then there’s the story of our OC sheriff friend who went to do a welfare check on an old lady who lived alone. She had passed and she had 4 chihuahuas and since she didn’t feed them for a few weeks, well you can imagine the rest.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score

😂😂😂 not true

Larvae gets to rice due to incorrect storage and handling by manufacturers. Rice as a substance itself does not develope larvaes inside. It gets there after people start handling it in warehouses with unsanitary conditions.

There is a lifehack to make sure nothing survives in rice (or other grains): put it in a freezer for a minimum of 24h right after it gets home. It won’t affect the quality of rice, not a bit. Microscopic eggs of parasite (if any) will be killed with 110% guarantee. Make sure to put in a freezer, not just fridge.

samsah33

Reaction score
The article says that the people had been deceased for a year to 16 months, with their car in the driveway. I have several neighbors that I don't know and don't see very often, but I think I would notice a car that never left the driveway for over a year. It had to be pretty dirty sitting outside for that long. I guess if the landscapers keep the yard in good condition and all of the bills are on autopay with enough $$ in the bank to cover the bills this could happen. I assume none of the victims had jobs, so they weren't missed at work.
Not only would the car be dirty, but it would have to have expired tags, which I'm guessing is a code violation of some sort...

wallnutz

Reaction score
What about the mail? Wouldn't it be overflowing after a week?