WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

300.4 MPH

spectras only

Reaction score
That's bloody fast in the one mile.:) not many years ago, 200 in a mile was a big deal.Few years ago an Enzo tried to race a CF-18 at Cold Lake Alberta and lost.This Ford would be a perfect match to do the same.;)

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's bloody fast in the one mile.:) not many years ago, 200 in a mile was a big deal.Few years ago an Enzo tried to race a CF-18 at Cold Lake Alberta and lost.This Ford would be a perfect match to do the same.;)
That's bloody fast, period. I wonder how the car felt at that speed? Was there adequate downforce to keep it planted, but not too much to have it seem locked?
Impressive, Ford, Chevy or Brand-X...damn impressive machine, regardless of your loyalty.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Holy foooook!:eek: 300 m.p.h. in a street legal car?:eek::eek:

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
2E7CCB64-FB1A-4732-A0DE-16A5D0635825.jpeg
174 in the quarter is very impressive as well.
It’s almost hard to believe, my super Comp dragster would do that,(turning off the computer) and it had slicks in the Back and pizza cutters up front and come off the line a whole lot faster than that ford did. 555 on alcohol.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
That was bad ass, what a rocket! I'd like to see what's done to the motor, sounds like it's still supercharged and hasn't been given the turbo treatment.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Holy foooook!:eek: 300 m.p.h. in a street legal car?:eek::eek:

Street legal is a loose term..

It looks to not have front lights and such. Tires are not DOT legal. I’m sure it’s been lightened a lot.

You could drive it one the street, but it wouldn’t be very fun.

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
Gotta love the crosswind just past the bleachers in the afternoon,,,lol
Sometimes I felt like I needed paddle tires as to the amount of sand blowing across the track turned it into the sand drags, but it was still a great track, they were open every Wednesday and Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That was bad ass, what a rocket! I'd like to see what's done to the motor, sounds like it's still supercharged and hasn't been given the turbo treatment.

It’s turboed as shown above. I don’t think it could make enough power with enough fine boost control for traction with a twin screw blower that would fit under the rear clamshell.

A procharger could work, but finding the space for that would be pretty challenging.

This is really impressive for a RWD car.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I’m wondering what tires these guys are running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
It’s turboed as shown above. I don’t think it could make enough power with enough fine boost control for traction with a twin screw blower that would fit under the rear clamshell.

A procharger could work, but finding the space for that would be pretty challenging.

This is really impressive for a RWD car.
Is it the new twin turbo V6 GT, or the 1st gen reboot of the GT?

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Sometimes I felt like I needed paddle tires as to the amount of sand blowing across the track turned it into the sand drags, but it was still a great track, they were open every Wednesday and Friday night and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Yup! I remember that! I was there for the last Friday night session before they closed. My car was apart, but I took my Yamaha Vmax and made some passes. I miss that place. Irwindale would be cool if it was a full 1/4 mile

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m wondering what tires these guys are running?

Hoosier road race tires. I do not know if they are special construction for this use or not.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is it the new twin turbo V6 GT, or the 1st gen reboot of the GT?

It is a 5.4 mod motor based V8, like what the car came with. I don’t believe that is the current displacement though. On methanol and 45 PSI of boost.

pronstar

Reaction score
Hoosier road race tires. I do not know if they are special construction for this use or not.

Ice got to think special construction.
Those speeds are way beyond normal racing velocities.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ice got to think special construction.
Those speeds are way beyond normal racing velocities.

Very possible. I don’t know enough to discuss it in depth but the standard race tires may be good for 1 run at those speeds. The standard Hoosier race tires are rated to over 200 MPH...(I don’t know if they have a speed rating, I’ve never checked) you are talking 2/3 of a mile on power above 200 and call it a mile off power for slowdown. It is not a prolonged period of time.

EDIT-

Hoosiers Road race tires have the highest speed rating of Z which is 168 minimum. Obviously they can run much higher speeds than that.

Last edited:

pronstar

Reaction score
Those old, open-ended speed ratings like Z need to make way for new ratings that can withstand today’s performance.

“Over 149 mph” leaves a lot to the imagination LOL

Edit:
But this is really for consumer DOT tires.
I’m not too hop on non-DOT tires.

I do know the Bugatti Chiron can hit 300mph, but is limited to 280 due to tires.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Those old, open-ended speed ratings like Z need to make way for new ratings that can withstand today’s performance.

Agreed. I’m certain tire engineers at Hoosier were consulted awhile ago for this use case. These guys have been close to 300 in the standing mile for the last couple years.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Edit:
But this is really for consumer DOT tires.
I’m not too hop on non-DOT tires.

I do know the Bugatti Chiron can hit 300mph, but is limited to 280 due to tires.

Hoosier A and R series race tires are not DOT rated.. I’m unsure why they are even speed rated. I never paid attention.

Community

Reaction score
Street legal is a loose term..

It looks to not have front lights and such. Tires are not DOT legal. I’m sure it’s been lightened a lot.

You could drive it one the street, but it wouldn’t be very fun.

I would not worry about driving it on the street, if you got pulled over I bet it would be so the officer could have a look at the car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would not worry about driving it on the street, if you got pulled over I bet it would be so the officer could have a look at the car.

Agreed. It’s just no fun driving a race car on the street... the novelty wears off quickly.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
300 mph is nuts in any car at any type of race. Let alone a standing mile.

Anyone know what the et was? I would be interested in knowing what the average acceleration was.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
View attachment 738634
It’s almost hard to believe, my super Comp dragster would do that,(turning off the computer) and it had slicks in the Back and pizza cutters up front and come off the line a whole lot faster than that ford did. 555 on alcohol.

Remember though that he does that from a roll. I'd guess he's going about 40mph as he enters the starting area. Can't be compared with starting from 0 for 1/4 mile speeds/times.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Street car. Those broken lines looking kinda solid!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Remember though that he does that from a roll. I'd guess he's going about 40mph as he enters the starting area. Can't be compared with starting from 0 for 1/4 mile speeds/times.

It’s a standing mile. The start counts. It is a very soft start though.

I’m surprised people have not started bringing regeared no prep street cars :)

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
I truly think it is that 180 to 200 mph mark is the standard now, and it just takes so much more to get faster than that.

I still find it amazing that in 1968 at Daytona with zero aero, with around 400hp, the B Production class 1965 Shelby GT350R model SFM 5R538 driven by Charlie Kemp was clocked and documented at 184mph on Good Year Blue Streaks that are speed rated at 130mph!!! What I am getting at is you would think that cars today would reliably running well in to the 225mph to 300mph range with no problem, yet they are not.

My 1989 blown Mustang GT averaged 173 for 20min in a trial run for the Silver State Classic. Zero aero.

Last edited:

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I truly think it is that 180 to 200 mph mark is the standard now, and it just takes so much more to get faster than that.

I still find it amazing that in 1968 at Daytona with zero aero, with around 400hp, the B Production class 1965 Shelby GT350R model SFM 5R538 driven by Charlie Kemp was clocked and documented at 184mph on Good Year Blue Streaks that are speed rated at 130mph!!! What I am getting at is you would think that cars today would reliably running well in to the 225mph to 300mph range with no problem, yet they are not.

My 1989 blown Mustang GT averaged 173 for 20min in a trial run for the Silver State Classic. Zero aero.

High speed drag is, for the sake of our discussion here, essentially squared to the velocity. Meaning it takes greater and great levels of power to overcome the faster you go. It's not proportional/linear.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
High speed drag is, for the sake of our discussion here, essentially squared to the velocity. Meaning it takes greater and great levels of power to overcome the faster you go. It's not proportional/linear.

About 10 years ago my friend in the Bay Area had the NA RWD standing mile record at 196 mph in a ~575-600 HP LS7 powered RX7. Everyone had a fit because he showed up and beat a bunch of big names and shops it his first time out.

The RX7 is a small, very aerodynamic car. It was calculated out at the time that a C5 Vette would need another ~300 HP to run the same speed simply because of the larger frontal area.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
It's an incredible feat what they have done with that GT40.... I wonder how much diffuser work they put into that thing to maintain enough downforce to be safe, but not so much to overload the tires and scrub speed. 300mph in a standing mile, in a door slammer with an IC engine, absolutely hats off.... That driver has some balls too. It only takes one mis-step at that kind of speed to end up in a very bad crash.

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score

Oh completely understand. You would just think we would be further along.

I have no need or want to ever go over 155 any longer. I assume my new track car will see over 130mph quite a bit however I have zero interest in much more than that. Going around corners fast doesnt have to be in the triple digits to be fun!