WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

32P Labbed... Wasnt impressed...

headshothills

Reaction score
Picked up the boat and it had a 30P Bravo1 on it, few dings, and a small curl in one of the tips. Guy gave me a Bronson Labbed 32P that was dinged up pretty bad and had a rather large curl in one of the tips from hitting something, but he said it was his favorite prop. Sent the 32P in to get fixed and the guy said he was shocked that it didnt break the tip off with as much as it was curled from hitting something.

Have been running the 30P which has actually been great. Nothing special, very slight cup and polish on it. Been running the 30P with anywhere from 4-7 people in the boat. Yesterday decided to see how the 32P ran. It honestly feels like the 30P ran better. the 32P had a ton of slip which I expected, but once we got up on and up to speed it felt like it was dragging. Even the wifey said the same thing. The mid on it actually felt better cruising @ 3500-3700RPM, but when I would get into it, 4500rpm and up it felt like it was just dragging the boat. Played with the trim, and nothing made that feel go away.

Meet up with a guy who has a Daytona and used to have a blower motor, started explaining the same thing to him, he swears by a 30P 5-Blade on these. Any thoughts on why the 32P would feel like that or even any thoughts on a 30P 5-Blade??

32P is on the top, 30P is on the bottom

Thanks in Advance...

ypede7u5.jpg

Last edited:

racinjason65

Reaction score
It really depends who worked on the prop and what they did to it. Not all prop guys are created equal and 'labbing" can mean many different things. A prop that works well on one boat may not work on another boat.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My 26 Daytona with 940 hp ran a 32 4 blade in the summer, 34 4 in the spring and fall and a 36 in the middle of the winter with low fuel and no passengers got me to 117 in December. I left the 32 stock since it was my day to day prop and had the 34 and 36 worked, but that was with a 1.87, if I kept the boat I would gone with a 1.5 or 1.36 so I could run smaller props. Alot of it depends on the ratio. 5 blades are great out of the hole props when you have a full boat but tend to be hard on drives because there is so much bite.

If you start working props they are going to be thinner and you may start tossing blades if you are running hard and catch some air.

JJ Gibbs in havasu does all of my props.

Last edited:

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And it's usually not a one shot deal. A reputable shop will continue to work with you to get it right. I paid @ $500 a prop to get them done which should get you some tweeks to dial it in.

headshothills

Reaction score
From everything Ive read, that seems to be the common denominator, a prop which has been matched and worked to the boat rather than an off the shelf wonder. Which is why I was rather bummed when I ran it seeing that the owner had this worked and said it was his fav prop, but maybe he never ran anything else. I guess I'll have to play with props and maybe give a few shops a call. First step was getting both props repaired and back to normal.

mlt

Reaction score
Had a 25 Daytona with 850 HP and it would run 117 with a 32 Hydromotive P5X...you have to be gentle coming out of the hole as "One A Day" said or it can be hard on drives that being said it did everything well....MLT

TTACH=CONFIG]262934[/ATTACH] DSCI0149.jpg

Attachments

• 1000 island poker run 2007 Aunt Di pictures 034.jpg
    1000 island poker run 2007 Aunt Di pictures 034.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 95

headshothills

Reaction score
Had a 25 Daytona with 850 HP and it would run 117 with a 32 Hydromotive P5X...you have to be gentle coming out of the hole as "One A Day" said or it can be hard on drives that being said it did everything well....MLT

TTACH=CONFIG]262934[/ATTACH] View attachment 262935

Nice, just need to get my hands on a few to play with... I also threw the question to Dave @ DCB so he's mulling it over along with the trim tabs question..

Thanks for the input MLT :thumbsup

relaxalot

Reaction score
I have two 28 Mercury Maximus 5 blades in great condition for sale. I will be out during DS. If you can pull a 4 blade 30 pitch B1 these may do alot better for you. 400. and 450.