WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

350 MPI

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I think that's a really reliable engine bonestock. I had a carbureted 5.7 and that motor was great! It was no powerhouse but wife and I had fun towing each other and it was fun cruising around. If it's attached to a bravo 3 that's a really nice combo. The bravo three gives it an awesome holeshot.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Only common issue I have seen is that they tend to blow out the head gasket between 3/5 and 2/4 but its generally higher hour motors that havent neccesarily been cared for. They are susceptible to the same gen3 cool fuel issues that plagued the 496/8.1s. Never trust the single point drain system to properly drain the engine in freezing climates.

great engines otherwise. one of the most reliable out there

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Only common issue I have seen is that they tend to blow out the head gasket between 3/5 and 2/4 but its generally higher hour motors that havent neccesarily been cared for. They are susceptible to the same gen3 cool fuel issues that plagued the 496/8.1s. Never trust the single point drain system to properly drain the engine in freezing climates.

great engines otherwise. one of the most reliable out there
Generally if a stock engine blows a gasket between cylinders , it’s because it was overheated or fuel was bad resulting in detonation , or somebody cranked timing up too much

dribble

Reaction score
Had one in my old boat with a Bravo. Not a lot of power but respectable. It is a workhorse of an engine. Expect no issues.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Buddy bought an Aftershock last week with one. Runs amazing but idling longer than 2-3 minutes it overheats real quick.
I replaced the impeller and back flushed everything. And still happening.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Buddy bought an Aftershock last week with one. Runs amazing but idling longer than 2-3 minutes it overheats real quick.
Make sure the thermostat is opening all the way, and the fitting/ line coming from the drive for the water is not clogged/ corroded.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Only thing I know is a friend has one and it lost the clock crystal in the ecu. Only people we could find to fix it was Whipple.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score

if its a bravo, check the impeller housing for wear

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I have a pair of them pushing a 12000 lbs cruiser with 1000 hours each on them… I plan on going another 1000 each
Had a single pushing a 27’ cruiser with a bravo 3…other than my little ski boat it’s another boat I never should have sold. Great motors for the $

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
FI design is little dated but the motor itself is pretty bullet proof and pretty respectable power for a small displacement engine. 👍

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I had one in my ‘99 Howard 22 Sport / it hated rough water. I’ve got at a 496 HO in my 22 Offshore and prefer that motor much more and as weird as it sounds, the 496 uses less fuel than the 350 did.