WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

36' Speedster w/ Bustle Twin 860 6 Drives

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
DSC02236.JPG

Gelcoater

Reaction score
A whole lot of that tape got laid down this morning pre shoot.
I just got home, lol.

@Eliminator Boats should consider buying young Andrew H at the shop lunch tomorrow.
Because today, he saved “our” asses!
I say our but really he saved mine.
But, in saving mine he saved the shop a lot of time and money.
Not only did he help me lay down a bunch of the tape getting me shooting sooner in the day, and more importantly...
When I realized it was a little warmer than I thought, and this stuff was fixing on transforming from a liquid to a solid state...
I had Andrews hands in about 5 seconds time in the booth and pulling tape.
Since he put a lot of it on, and because he has some experience in and out of the booth, he picked up the slack seamlessly. And saved a bunch of material from going in the trash can.
And, even more important than the cost of the materials, the cost of time.

I’m going to have to lean on Jake a little more to get that kid out of the bondo sanding dept and into the gelcoat dept where he belongs. :cool:

Gelcoater

Reaction score
And, I hope I’m not pushing the boundaries of this section by the slight thread crap, but it does pertain to this particular 36, so?

A great vibe in the gel shop today even though there em was a little stress early on.
The tunes, were provided, shortly there after by Miguel, who was working on another boats bilge in the other booth.
He has this lantern looking speaker that he connects his phone to.
It sounds awesome even above the noise of the spray booth fan. It was good Miguel has excellent taste in music, lol.
His random play list started with Jerry Reed, then Charlie Daniels.
Then the Highway men, you know, Waylon, Willie and the boys;)
There was some Mamas and Papas, Jim Croce among many others.
Once the tunes were going, it went smooth as silk.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
And, I hope I’m not pushing the boundaries of this section by the slight thread crap, but it does pertain to this particular 36, so?

A great vibe in the gel shop today even though there em was a little stress early on.
The tunes, were provided, shortly there after by Miguel, who was working on another boats bilge in the other booth.
He has this lantern looking speaker that he connects his phone to.
It sounds awesome even above the noise of the spray booth fan. It was good Miguel has excellent taste in music, lol.
His random play list started with Jerry Reed, then Charlie Daniels.
Then the Highway men, you know, Waylon, Willie and the boys;)
There was some Mamas and Papas, Jim Croce among many others.
Once the tunes were going, it went smooth as silk.

I would consider the good vibes and excellent play list as hull acclimation. Happy people create beautiful things...

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
Pushing the rear bulkhead as much as possible on the build. Will have around 111" from the dash to the back seat. Will have L shaped rear seats with steps to exit onto the transom

E4L

Reaction score
Lookin fine[emoji1305]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
We are extending the cabin on this build. Modifying the floor insert.

Coosa bulkheads are all cut out and ready to be installed.
DSC02901.JPG
DSC02903.JPG
DSC02904.JPG
DSC02905.JPG

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
So..... the bustle is bonded on after the fact on all of these? I was thinking it was bonded just on that first one, then was adde to the end of the mold so it’d be all bonded as one piece.

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
Bustle is currently being mocked up before lamination and capping. Will make this 36' Speedster 39'8" length overall. Excited to see this build come to life. Will be featured at the LA Boat Show in January
Photo Oct 04, 10 08 44 AM.jpg
Photo Oct 04, 10 08 27 AM.jpg
Photo Oct 04, 10 08 10 AM.jpg

Attachments

• Photo Oct 04, 10 09 13 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 04, 10 09 13 AM.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 1,556
  • Photo Oct 04, 10 08 21 AM.jpg
    Photo Oct 04, 10 08 21 AM.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,549
Last edited:

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
Since the owner decided to fully cap the boat. We offered the option to change the graphics as well. The owner chose a great timeless scheme about 3 weeks ago. The hull is currently being prepped for Gelcoat. Full cap is complete. At 39’8” long this cap was a huge undertaking.
311B0E74-F443-43E1-B6EA-7DD6D96AC266.jpeg

HCP3

Reaction score
Wow. Whole different look to it. Both renderings look great, but I do like the new one better. Will we see it at Desert Storm?

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
Wow. Whole different look to it. Both renderings look great, but I do like the new one better. Will we see it at Desert Storm?
yes its supposed to make desert storm. They are about to shoot Gel. will take some time to block, but is going directly into Kenny Smith's rigging department.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Since the owner decided to fully cap the boat. We offered the option to change the graphics as well. The owner chose a great timeless scheme about 3 weeks ago. The hull is currently being prepped for Gelcoat. Full cap is complete. At 39’8” long this cap was a huge undertaking.
View attachment 838625
Wow! That seems like a huge undertaking once its out of the mold to re-gelcoat the whole boat, is it not? Or is it fairly straight forward since its still just a bare hull?

Eliminator Boats

Reaction score
Wow! That seems like a huge undertaking once its out of the mold to re-gelcoat the whole boat, is it not? Or is it fairly straight forward since its still just a bare hull?
its a lot of sanding /labor. Gel likes to orange peel and is much harder than paint to sand smooth. The full cap job you're already sanding the entire boat so this isnt too much more work.