WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

36' Speedster w/ Bustle Twin 860 6 Drives

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Did this one ever get finished? Paging @Thunderhead1

Its still happening...... Should be in rigging this Month. there are some more upgrades that has held this up in Gel Coat. BUT the new Gel design and colors are done and polished and it will be a head turner...

Shes pretty light too with the composite and Carbon Kevlar lay up...

adam909

Reaction score
thats a good call on the change of gelcoat. The change looks way sexier.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Can't wait. It would be interesting to see what kind of speeds she puts up with 860s and cleavers as a 36 cat as opposed to my boat which is 33.5 with a ventilated bottom and 850-900HP per side. I'm sure it would be 30MPH or so more.

What changes did you make to the gel design?

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Can't wait. It would be interesting to see what kind of speeds she puts up with 860s and cleavers as a 36 cat as opposed to my boat which is 33.5 with a ventilated bottom and 850-900HP per side. I'm sure it would be 30MPH or so more.

What changes did you make to the gel design?

new colors.jpg
new colors.jpg

skydog

Reaction score
Wow great great work! Not sure how you guy's have the patience, it's got to be something your born with!!! I can't stand waiting to put my boat in the water at the dock more than 10 mins!!! LMAO!!

Reaper1

Reaction score
Looks like Vans is the safety shoes used at the factory. 😆

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
At 39'8 and a new model it deserves its own badge.

Is that your boat in the video? The 1350 one is for sale already. What happened with that? They’re asking $550K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HCP3

Reaction score
Is that your boat in the video? The 1350 one is for sale already. What happened with that? They’re asking $550K

Owner wants a smaller boat.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yes!!! that is mine.... The 1350 boat is a great deal for some one that can maintain the motors.

What’s the maintenance and rebuild schedule difference between an 860 and a turbo version?

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
What’s the maintenance and rebuild schedule difference between an 860 and a turbo version?

The "scheduled" maint for 1350's is valves every 25 hours and TBO time is said at 200 hours.

the scheduled maint on the 860 is Valves every 50 hours and TBO is 300 hours....

that said , someone that takes care of their equipment should well exceed these schedules.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
The "scheduled" maint for 1350's is valves every 25 hours and TBO time is said at 200 hours.

the scheduled maint on the 860 is Valves every 50 hours and TBO is 300 hours....

that said , someone that takes care of their equipment should well exceed these schedules.

$50K a motor for total overhaul sound about right?

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
$50K a motor for total overhaul sound about right?

Depending on what hard parts have to be replaced but worse case 50k should cover an overhaul as long as the block isn't hurt.

I hope to never find out... 😁

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
Thank you for the compliments... The Eliminator Crew really showed their talent . The boat has exceeded my expectations in both fit and Finish as well as performance.

Congratulations on your new rig. I'd be interested in your driving impressions. Not really inquiring about top speed, just your initial thoughts.

Thanks,

Steve

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new rig. I'd be interested in your driving impressions. Not really inquiring about top speed, just your initial thoughts.

Thanks,

Steve

Steve,
Right now were still playing with set up/props etc... I will tell you I was concerned about the comments on the motors being lack luster . I was setting myself up for a disappointment and had already set a plan in place for motor swaps if they didn't perform.

I'm absolutely impressed with the performance and the sound. the DTS is just incredibly cool. As of right now , this package is everything I wanted.

With more seat time and confidence ( Trace Martin course This Wed 1/20) I will push the envelope a bit and have some real world experience to share/discuss.

Your boat is progressing nicely... that paint is something else!!!

Mike

Duramax

Reaction score
Steve,
Right now were still playing with set up/props etc... I will tell you I was concerned about the comments on the motors being lack luster . I was setting myself up for a disappointment and had already set a plan in place for motor swaps if they didn't perform.

I'm absolutely impressed with the performance and the sound. the DTS is just incredibly cool. As of right now , this package is everything I wanted.

With more seat time and confidence ( Trace Martin course This Wed 1/20) I will push the envelope a bit and have some real world experience to share/discuss.

Your boat is progressing nicely... that paint is something else!!!

Mike
Congrats!! Great job on the build!

Duramax

Reaction score
It wasn't big till it was on the trailer... It was at that time I said to my self , "Self, WTF did you get yourself into now". 😁
When I picked up our 40 Skater from Scot Conrad, the immediate right from the shop took me straight to the 91 in California. Same thing here, as I was looking through the tunnel and the god damn boat was the width of the lane! People were hanging out their windows taking pics as I was white knuckled! Haha

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
When I picked up our 40 Skater from Scot Conrad, the immediate right from the shop took me straight to the 91 in California. Same thing here, as I was looking through the tunnel and the god damn boat was the width of the lane! People were hanging out their windows taking pics as I was white knuckled! Haha

LOL!!! that's no shit.... I thought for sure some of these folks were gonna run into us taking pics going down the 40....

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
Fantastic build. Were you able to do the Tres Martin class and how did it go?
Thank you, and yes I did the Tres Martin class , I actually had my family take the class. with me. The instruction and content is first class. The personal attention and the knowledge that is passed on is what makes this class worth the investment. The real real world application at the time of instruction really makes the information stick with you.

It wasn't cheap for all 4 of us to go through the class , BUT the experience of doing it together was priceless. (cleche' statement but true). Now the family knows what the boat is doing and why. That is huge for them. the wife and daughter don't have their finger nails dug in the floor now .

This class confirmed what I did know and also clarified what I THOUGHT I knew. And their is till a whole lot more to process.

Mike

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Thank you, and yes I did the Tres Martin class , I actually had my family take the class. with me. The instruction and content is first class. The personal attention and the knowledge that is passed on is what makes this class worth the investment. The real real world application at the time of instruction really makes the information stick with you.

It wasn't cheap for all 4 of us to go through the class , BUT the experience of doing it together was priceless. (cleche' statement but true). Now the family knows what the boat is doing and why. That is huge for them. the wife and daughter don't have their finger nails dug in the floor now .

This class confirmed what I did know and also clarified what I THOUGHT I knew. And their is till a whole lot more to process.

Mike
Only way to go with a boat of your caliber. Happy Boating.

MeCasa16

Reaction score
I had my dog in the dog park yesterday while you were parked in the channel. I put him on the leash so I could slowly stroll by and leave a trail of drool down the whole path. Your boat is absolutely stunning. Congratulations.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
I had my dog in the dog park yesterday while you were parked in the channel. I put him on the leash so I could slowly stroll by and leave a trail of drool down the whole path. Your boat is absolutely stunning. Congratulations.
Thank you!!! Next time stop and say Hi!! Hell im RDP guy just like everyone else....

Mike