Sorry for the terrible pics the lighting was bad

Is this @nganga ?
4ACB3395-B1C3-4C34-845D-033C2CA9259B.jpeg
A996D1E6-8759-4372-AD5D-9DE9285B9A10.jpeg
3B3C734A-C707-4C5F-B044-B45896DFE67B.jpeg
F7AE343E-5AD2-4996-8495-15A15DBD4677.jpeg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I believe it is his. The crane setup on the rear left of the trailer.
Lighting isn't good enough to show the badassness of the paint though.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
I think every, and I mean every, Skater owner has done it....multiple times, lol.

BEAUTIFUL.

Tank

Reaction score
Those guys at body line are good dudes. They color sanded buffed and touched up
Graphics on the cig. I was very happy with the results.

sirbob

Reaction score
I think every, and I mean every, Skater owner has done it....multiple times, lol.

BEAUTIFUL.
Trailer design flaw?

If it happens all the time you'd think they would change the design?

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
This is good to read. I need some paint repair on my Spectre as well.

Where in town are they located? Trusted to give storage combo to so they can go look?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
There’s a build thread here, you should check it out some time.🤷‍♂️

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
This is good to read. I need some paint repair on my Spectre as well.

Where in town are they located? Trusted to give storage combo to so they can go look?

Justin Anderson (Bodyline) fixes every major player in town.. (all the large painted boats)

He also does all my stuff as well!

He is on Acoma on the north side

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
There’s a build thread here, you should check it out some time.🤷‍♂️

Lol.. I read it, but I didn’t want to be presumptuous so I asked.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Justin Anderson (Bodyline) fixes every major player in town.. (all the large painted boats)

He also does all my stuff as well!

He is on Acoma on the north side
He just finished my RV recently, real good work.

Duramax

Reaction score
Trailer design flaw?

If it happens all the time you'd think they would change the design?
If you look at how most other cats sit on their trailers, there are two flat bunks that run down the tunnel for main support with lower bunks that cradle some of the sponsons. Skaters sit on their trailer using the splash rails only, with most of them not having a stop at the front. If you come in a little hot, or back the trailer down a little too far, BAM.

sirbob

Reaction score
If you look at how most other cats sit on their trailers, there are two flat bunks that run down the tunnel for main support with lower bunks that cradle some of the sponsons. Skaters sit on their trailer using the splash rails only, with most of them not having a stop at the front. If you come in a little hot, or back the trailer down a little too far, BAM.
Now that you call it out I see what you mean - I suppose I would add the rubber stops like mine has now. I never let it ride on the rubber stops but it is nice to have if you have a deep water ramp and come up higher than expected. I always back off a few inches to avoid the rubbing when on the road.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score

Now that you call it out I see what you mean - I suppose I would add the rubber stops like mine has now. I never let it ride on the rubber stops but it is nice to have if you have a deep water ramp and come up higher than expected. I always back off a few inches to avoid the rubbing when on the road.

I wanted to comment on this last week but the boat was still in Havasu. We drove over yesterday and picked it up.

@Duramax is correct. Trailering these (this) boat is different than all the other cats I've owned. Take a 25 Daytona; just get the nose between the bunks and it goes on...period, wind or no wind. True tunnel trailers, at least mine is touchy. Too shallow and you can hit the exposed tilting linkage shown. Too deep, you go on too far and in the wind, too fast. Every ramp angle is different so each new ramp presents different challenges.

The bunks are ~3 inches and the inside spray rails are ~1-1/2. When I tilt it wet, it creaks and groans as the boat settles in to its desired resting position, its a bit unsettling.

No excuses, I am the one who damaged the nose, it is just a function of experience. It actually happened twice, first time, I wasn't quite deep enough to be all the way up. I told my wife to back down some as I winched. She didn't hear me tell her stop over the Frieghtliner engine and backed the trailer into the nose. Second time, Duramax was up on the front of the trailer, It was a bit windy and I came in a bit hot. He wound up in the water. 😁 My boat, my responsibility.

tiltclose.jpg

front.jpg

bunk.jpg

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
I wanted to comment on this last week but the boat was still in Havasu. We drove over yesterday and picked it up.

@Duramax is correct. Trailering these (this) boat is different than all the other cats I've owned. Take a 25 Daytona; just get the nose between the bunks and it goes on...period, wind or no wind. True tunnel trailers, at least mine is touchy. Too shallow and you can hit the exposed tilting linkage shown. Too deep, you go on too far and in the wind, too fast. Every ramp angle is different so each new ramp presents different challenges.

The bunks are ~3 inches and the inside spray rails are ~1-1/2. When I tilt it wet, it creaks and groans as the boat settles in to its desired resting position, its a bit unsettling.

No excuses, I am the one who damaged the nose, it is just a function of experience. It actually happened twice, first time, I wasn't quite deep enough to be all the way up. I told my wife to back down some as I winched. She didn't hear me tell her stop over the Frieghtliner engine and backed the trailer into the nose. Second time, Duramax was up on the front of the trailer, It was a bit windy and I came in a bit hot. He wound up in the water. 😁 My boat, my responsibility.

View attachment 1072020

View attachment 1072021

View attachment 1072022
Looked like your boat was making its rounds getting some TLC this weekend. Guessing it’s pretty dialed.

McKay

Reaction score
I’m surprised Steve that they don’t put a rubber stop off your front stairs. Or off of the spare tire mount or something. I never have touched mine on any boat but it’s a good visual to know where you need to be.