WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

39 Lavey having fun at Haulover Cut (Miami)

Tank

Reaction score
Guy that owns it now is on the east coast and having a blast with the boat. I gotta say, after watching all those haulover videos (and going through it numerous times myself), I’m pretty impressed with the way it handles that water!!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Guy that owns it now is on the east coast and having a blast with the boat. I gotta say, after watching all those haulover videos (and going through it numerous times myself), I’m pretty impressed with the way it handles that water!!

View attachment 975288
View attachment 975289
Pure beauty.... needed that this morning. That dude seems to know what he's doing as compared to some we've seen. And you're not kidding that Lavey handles big stuff great. You'd know best but I'm guessing its a combo of good skills from experience and boat hull quality. I gotta assume all the hulls in 35+ are shaped somewhat similarly other than steps which is for at speed right?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did he change that boat to a stand up or something? Because if he's sitting down he's gotta be 7'+??

When I drove it my head was below the windshield and I'm 6'.

Maybe he's sitting on one knee?

RD

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
He’s using the horsepower to his advantage. I can see when he is powering up, in accordance with wave. But one hole and it can throw off your timing. I noticed this also happened right at the end of him leaving the inlet. But overall.... I give him a high score. Beautiful boat!

No matter how much experience you have..... things still happen. I took 3 waves over the bow last week when I was leaving Hillsboro Inlet. It was made worse by the fact that I had just proclaimed to the passenger, what an expert I am with the inlets. Figures! Won’t do that again.

Btw..... I always forget to mention this. Hillsboro Inlet is closest to my home. 1 mile.

Tank

Reaction score
Did he change that boat to a stand up or something? Because if he's sitting down he's gotta be 7'+??

When I drove it my head was below the windshield and I'm 6'.

Maybe he's sitting on one knee?

RD

Pretty sure his up on a knee. I've seen video of them running and he's well bellow the windshield usually.

Pure beauty.... needed that this morning. That dude seems to know what he's doing as compared to some we've seen. And you're not kidding that Lavey handles big stuff great. You'd know best but I'm guessing its a combo of good skills from experience and boat hull quality. I gotta assume all the hulls in 35+ are shaped somewhat similarly other than steps which is for at speed right?

Lots of variances with a boat build when it comes to handling, even when they're the same length - quality, layup material, rigging, weight, freeboard, balance and center of gravity of the boat, etc.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Does this 39 Evo have 700s and what drives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I was gonna (well I am) post that his head is really close to the top of the windshield - not likely a good move in that stuff.

And once he clears the inlet I don't get why he let off and rolled up and down the chop instead of going over top of it. I see that all the time on the Haulover vids

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think that Lavey is gonna hurt some feelings over there on the East coast. Show many what Chis and company can do out here when it comes to the big water.

2Driver

Reaction score
Gets an A on use of throttle for sure.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Every time I see these videos, the water looks like shit, I wouldnt want to be out in that, I know its the ocean and all and I grew up boating on the ocean but as far as you can see in that video the water looks like crap. Looks like small craft warnings if not more, you would think they would check the forcast.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
He’s using the horsepower to his advantage. I can see when he is powering up, in accordance with wave. But one hole and it can throw off your timing. I noticed this also happened right at the end of him leaving the inlet. But overall.... I give him a high score. Beautiful boat!

No matter how much experience you have..... things still happen. I took 3 waves over the bow last week when I was leaving Hillsboro Inlet. It was made worse by the fact that I had just proclaimed to the passenger, what an expert I am with the inlets. Figures! Won’t do that again.

Btw..... I always forget to mention this. Hillsboro Inlet is closest to my home. 1 mile.
To stuff is to love.... keeps us humble. Especially in open bows

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Is this the only 39 they built? If so, why is that? Would they build a new one?

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score

Yes that’s the only one built and I think it’s because they built it in 08 when the economy tanked. Now look at sales of new 35-42’ vee bottoms, nothing is selling with the exception of some Outerlimits and Cigs maybe..? Fountain and Donzi can’t seem to give them away, Sunsation, Nor-Tech and others all jumped ship to CCs. The new boat market in that size range is effectively dead unfortunately. The used boat market for those seems to be pretty good tho...!

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

There's a past thread on RDP regarding this boat. A few years back I was in IE and stopped by Lavey shop just nosing round... nice guy [maybe Chris] showed me around. That 39 was in there not quite finished but engines were installed. I later saw it at LA boat show and asked a rep about the boat. If memory serves correct Lavey built it out for a Fla based guy who was gonna add some off his own goodies and it'd basically be a maxed out Lavey to represent the brand in big boy level. Nor sure but perhaps the Fla guy collapsed ultimately and thats why it was at show. Looks like she ended up in knowledgeable hands. I bet somebody here can correct my details.... I'm sure I'm off on several points

lavey jr

Reaction score
Does this 39 Evo have 700s and what drives?
Built originally with stock Merc 700’s and NXT’s
Still has Merc 700’s but with stage 3 whipple kits and still NXT’s.

Yes it’s the only 39 EVO built. Why, not 100% sure. Yes a new one could absolutely still be built if someone ordered one!
There's a past thread on RDP regarding this boat. A few years back I was in IE and stopped by Lavey shop just nosing round... nice guy [maybe Chris] showed me around. That 39 was in there not quite finished but engines were installed. I later saw it at LA boat show and asked a rep about the boat. If memory serves correct Lavey built it out for a Fla based guy who was gonna add some off his own goodies and it'd basically be a maxed out Lavey to represent the brand in big boy level. Nor sure but perhaps the Fla guy collapsed ultimately and thats why it was at show. Looks like she ended up in knowledgeable hands. I bet somebody here can correct my details.... I'm sure I'm off on several points
You’re thinking of a 29 NuEra.
I could have sworn Lavey built a handful of them for German customers. @lavey jr
Those are all 28 EVO’s

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Quick rdp search function... this was dates 2012, Mute button advised

blob:https://www.youtube.com/c8d82214-9326-43ec-a9e1-1050ee66f232

Even better.... look at our boy at helm

Lavey 39 Evo / Nu Era - Boat MFG | River Daves Place

That was back when I had hair and we filmed everything with handicams. Lol

There are two boats I regret not having the balls to pull the trigger on coming out of the recession. That is one of them.
To play the cards again that would be in my garage and a lot of other bullshit I spent money on wouldn’t have been in my life.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
That was back when I had hair and we filmed everything with handicams. Lol

There are two boats I regret not having the balls to pull the trigger on coming out of the recession. That is one of them.
To play the cards again that would be in my garage and a lot of other bullshit I spent money on wouldn’t have been in my life.

What’s the other boat you would have bought?

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Nothing to see here, Florida is closed. Thank you.

lavey jr

Reaction score

50B7E310-E9B4-47CA-9D04-C7CBFFF63D5D.jpeg
173607B2-2188-44CE-860C-FF7B5B24031E.jpeg

Video taken by Pete Boden

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What’s the other boat you would have bought?

Most wouldn't remember it, but it was an all red Cole v-drive called "Russian roulette". There was a couple of boats that were literally my "dream boats" that I coulda bought for next to nothing back in the day and I regret not doing it, because I was in a position to do it.. I just didn't have the balls to do it. LOL

RD

lavey jr

Reaction score
Are you guys building boats again?

Not at the moment. I no longer work for Lavey. My dad has moved all assets (molds etc.) and will not be taking any new build orders until everything is settled in.

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Not at the moment. I no longer work for Lavey. My dad has moved all assets (molds etc.) and will not be taking any new build orders until everything is settled in.
I wish you all well, Well I hope you all find a way forward to build Laveycraft boats again. Love my 29 NuEra. If my ship comes in..would love a 2750 with twin 450rs!
IMG_1529.JPG

lavey jr

Reaction score
I wish you all well, Well I hope you all find a way forward to build Laveycraft boats again. Love my 29 NuEra. If my ship comes in..would love a 2750 with twin 450rs! View attachment 978984

Thank you I hope so too!
I hope you're taking as good of care of that boat as Glen did! That's the best running 29 ever built.

2750 with twin 450's would be awesome! I'd rather do a 29 with twin 450's if it was me.