WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4:21am

sirbob

Reaction score
Some fucking punk attempted to break into one of our cars in the driveway.

Alarm went off - by the time I got out front all that was left were foot prints going over the wall and down the street.

He got nothing - but man I hate the feeling that he was on our property and trying to open the door.

Last edited:

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
I can’t wait for the day someone posts ring cam video of a homeowner coming around the corner and catching one of these scumbag thief’s and holding them at gun point on the ground awaiting the cops to show up. Just delete the part where you beat his ass while waiting [emoji1787]

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I can’t wait for the day someone posts ring cam video of a homeowner coming around the corner and catching one of these scumbag thief’s and holding them at gun point on the ground awaiting the cops to show up. Just delete the part where you beat his ass while waiting [emoji1787]

Thief will go free, you will go to jail. You can't "delete" that footage from the cloud.

traquer

Reaction score
The only way to get jusrice you can't post here and hope a webcam doesn't catch you getting it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Pretty much... You'd have to install a camera system that saves to your personal cloud that you can delete. And make sure you're out of sight of your neighbors cams. Go take some cookies to your neighbors and check out where their cameras are pointing lol

sirbob

Reaction score
My feelings about how to handle these guys are consistent with most here. But the reality has been mentioned already.

I've got too much to lose over a punk getting what he deserves.

I can post a bunch of these ring videos that all show the same thing... The kids call it "night surfing" in our town. Hooded punk with a backpack moving quickly from car to car pulling on door handles - quick grab of anything that looks like it has value.

It happens so often they have a term for it and apparently a uniform for it.

varmit86

Reaction score
My feelings about how to handle these guys are consistent with most here. But the reality has been mentioned already.

I can post a bunch of these ring videos that all show the same thing... The kids call it "night surfing" in our town. Hooded punk with a backpack moving quickly from car to car pulling on door handles - quick grab of anything that looks like it has value.

Yes sir, this is one of the many reasons I left the place I grew up (Ca) to move out of that state to a small town where life is alot better and I don't have any of these issues.
Strange I thought I would miss it and have never looked back other than remembering once in awhile thinking how great it was when I was young.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Fences around property or move are the only options I can think of that will help you avoid jail for dealing our justice

DLC

Reaction score
Bb or Pellet gun with full auto.... cap his ass!

Frozen paint ball to his pussy! Might slow him down, then a slight tazor or pepper spray, I actually like the wasp spray -they shoot 25-30 feet....

After all that back to bed sound asleep...

rrrr

Reaction score
Here in Texas, it's legal to use deadly force against someone breaking into your car if it occurs at night. Your house can be protected by deadly force 24/7.

Ventilate the POS on the front porch, and that Ring doorbell footage can be saved and viewed with friends at your next backyard BBQ. No one's going to jail.

I couldn't live someplace where I couldn't protect my property and defend myself.

Singleton

Reaction score
Had the same occur last night while the Jeep was parked in drive way.
Alarm is setup so loud and for all lights (even off road lights) to do off, whoever it was ran quick. Motions sensor in driveway did pick it up, but the punk was wearing all black. Thinking about moving a camera to the mailbox so I can get an eye on the street

Taboma

Reaction score
Here in Texas, it's legal to use deadly force against someone breaking into your car if it occurs at night. Your house can be protected by deadly force 24/7.

Ventilate the POS on the front porch, and that Ring doorbell footage can be saved and viewed with friends at your next backyard BBQ. No one's going to jail.

I couldn't live someplace where I couldn't protect my property and defend myself.

No jail, cool, are you also protected from civil litigation ?

Reaction score
I have a nice security system that I can share with you, I keep my cars in a locked garage. I think most Houses actually come with garages...

Javajoe

Reaction score

Happened to our neighborhood in Riverside. The lady cop that showed up said she has never been in our neighborhood before and had to look up the street 🤦‍♂️

Javajoe

Reaction score
Had the same occur last night while the Jeep was parked in drive way.
Alarm is setup so loud and for all lights (even off road lights) to do off, whoever it was ran quick. Motions sensor in driveway did pick it up, but the punk was wearing all black. Thinking about moving a camera to the mailbox so I can get an eye on the street
I have one in my mailbox so I can see license plates

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I basically live in Mayberry. Very small town. Even at that few would believe what crawls out at night. I worked 2nd shift many years and would enjoy a beverage and a smoke on the front porch after work. Nothing like flicking a Bic when some hoodlum/prowler is running their version of 3rd shift. Those bastards share their stories with their thieving buddies and know where they can steal from.

When The government protects, feeds and raises Cockroaches, guess what we get?

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
They will be dealt with too then.
Sad part is, there is a huge section of society that believes they should be coddled. At the same time we are all responsible for salaries and pensions of the ones that are supposed to deal with this after LEO catches them. What I'm seeing is not what I paid for. We all need to stand up for our LEO's and demand the backside follow through. Why LEO risk their lives in a catch and release situation makes no sense to me that their Hard and sometimes life giving work is overturned in a court system. LEO have Families that love them. How could the courts turn such a blind eye to the citizens and sheep dogs. There is no doubt in my mind this just another tentacle to destroy what so many worked and sacrificed to build.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Sad part is, there is a huge section of society that believes they should be coddled. At the same time we are all responsible for salaries and pensions of the ones that are supposed to deal with this after LEO catches them. What I'm seeing is not what I paid for. We all need to stand up for our LEO's and demand the backside follow through. Why LEO risk their lives in a catch and release situation makes no sense to me that their Hard and sometimes life giving work is overturned in a court system. LEO have Families that love them. How could the courts turn such a blind eye to the citizens and sheep dogs. There is no doubt in my mind this just another tentacle to destroy what so many worked and sacrificed to build.
I’m not above taking one for the team...

SixD9R

Reaction score
I have a nice security system that I can share with you, I keep my cars in a locked garage. I think most Houses actually come with garages...

Wow- so it's the owners fault for parking his car in the driveway instead of the garage? That's nice- I can see why people are leaving commiefornia in droves when there are people and politicians with that mindset.

lbhsbz

Reaction score

So by your logic...street / driveway parking shouldn’t exist?

...and someone is justified in stealing a vehicle or breaking into it if it wasn’t parked in a locked garage?

My truck is in my driveway...doors aren’t locked because the guys that stole it Friday morning fucked up the locks. Let me know if you want my address so you can come down and feel justified in so much as touching the fucking door handle.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
When I first lived in my house in Parker (1979) my corner of the town was dark as hell. No street lights, few neighbors. Late one night I heard someone jiggle the door knob trying to open the front door. I went out though the carport, racked my 12 gauge Wingmaster, and heard nothing but feet pounding gravel, fading into the night. As I was going out the door, Kathy was calling the police who showed up in record time. I was out in the street with the shotgun on my shoulder when the cop drove up. All he asked was "Did you get him?"

Reaction score
So by your logic...street / driveway parking shouldn’t exist?

...and someone is justified in stealing a vehicle or breaking into it if it wasn’t parked in a locked garage?

My truck is in my driveway...doors aren’t locked because the guys that stole it Friday morning fucked up the locks. Let me know if you want my address so you can come down and feel justified in so much as touching the fucking door handle.

No, all I'm saying is I have a nice security system. maybe not foolproof, but an improvement over other parking locations.