WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Singleton

Reaction score
I believe you are correct, and that first time for 2021 should have happened, but I have no idea on the inner workings of that totalitarian bureaucracy.

agenda topics get announced 10 days prior.
looks like meetings went to monthly - did not see anything in the Feb meeting, March TBD

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
In Havasu. It was a Baja Bandit car and I was asked not to share pictures. Nothing top secret just respecting the owners request.

I’d sell your RZR now if you want all the money for it.

No worries, that is awesome info. They have dropped some subtle hints that there are several more cars out there testing than they have advertised.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
No worries, that is awesome info. They have dropped some subtle hints that there are several more cars out there testing than they have advertised.

Each car has its own production number and name tag on the dash. If this car’s production number was accurate there are at least a few dozen out there 😉

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Each car has its own production number and name tag on the dash. If this car’s production number was accurate there are at least a few dozen out there 😉

Wrong again. There is only one Speed car in existence in the history of the world. Robby Gordon is putting an ice skating rink in the Hastings building he bought, not a SXS dealer.

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
While the car may end up being the best SXS made to date, when its made,

the fact remains, you all bought a car off pics and videos RG posted of a pre production car, no one has seen or driven the damn thing

And there is no date of deliveries either. Lots of IFs

Do you know how many gun companies have shown VonderVare at SHOT show to claim its "2 weeks out" and never sell a single damn unit.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Wrong. The car is made of fairy dust and Robby took our money and went on vacation. :)

oh hell yes he did! He was on vacation in HAVASU and Parker off roading, driving a futuristic car and not worried about any type of breakage!

That is a vacation I’d love to take.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It was a bit of a risk early on but you all appear to be geniuses now lol

I was seriously blown away by the final product. Polaris and Can Am have no choice but to step their game up otherwise this car is going to decimate their sales.

Both Polaris and Can Am cars will flood the used market as the Speed car is in full swing rolling off the production line. This car makes today’s cars look like the Rhino’s and Rangers of years ago.

There is literally nothing like it. Congrats LOF.

I remember when everyone thought I was nuts for putting the deposit down the day after they announced they were going to be building it.. my only mistake was selling my can am a couple months too early.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

the fact remains, you all bought a car off pics and videos RG posted of a pre production car, no one has seen or driven the damn thing

Do you know how many gun companies have shown VonderVare at SHOT show to claim its "2 weeks out" and never sell a single damn unit.

The list of “If’s” is shrinking daily and each one is falling into the “when” column.. or “win” column depending on whether you own one or not.. ;)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I remember when everyone thought I was nuts for putting the deposit down the day after they announced they were going to be building it.. my only mistake was selling my can am a couple months too early.

Debating If I should sell my RZR in April/May or hold it until Desert season.

DLC

Reaction score
people have seen it and it’s been driven! Unlike a UFO!

QUOTE="Blackmagic94, post: 4037935, member: 19676"]

[/QUOTE]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

10K cars have been reserved by individuals and dealers. He'd be an idiot not to deliver and not collect half a billion dollars. The assembly line will be going for basically the rest of the year to fulfill the backlog in demand.

HCP3

Reaction score
10K cars have been reserved by individuals and dealers. He'd be an idiot not to deliver and not collect half a billion dollars. The assembly line will be going for basically the rest of the year to fulfill the backlog in demand.

Are you going to change your mind about Havasu rack storage like you have on the Speed UTV? 😋

DLC

Reaction score
This is just a hell of a lot of FUN! busting everyone’s chops that are buying one and are on the list!

once it’s out EVERYONE will be on the speed juice and price will skyrocket with demand & want

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

You were nuts, I was one of the ones that told you so. I was proven wrong on 1.5 out of 3 of my original beliefs after talking to RG in 2019. I would have been like number 10 or 12, I was one of the first to the booth at SSSS 2019 on opening day.

I thought the cost would go up for those that reserved - Didn't happen, agreed pricing for the reservations stayed the same.

I said the original drivetrain promised would not happen - 1.3L 300 HP - HP stayed as promised, but the engine changed. I think there has been a massive over-delivery on other claims and promises with regards to safety, performance and features, on paper at least.

I thought the car would be late - Yep it's late.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are you going to change your mind about Havasu rack storage like you have on the Speed UTV? 😋

No. Buying a new to market SXS based on a drawing, sight unseen, that has not been developed yet. and is 100% new is one thing.

And then there is the idea that 300 people will pay to put their boats on a rack in the middle of a desert in the city that has the biggest garage to living space ratio in America.

Some things are just insane.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Best of plans go to shit

Studebaker
Oldsmobile
Pontiac
DeSoto
Plymouth
Mercury
Tucker
Kaiser Frazer
Edsel
AMC
DeLorean
Saturn
Hummer

All gone with a lot more money to back them then a Trophy Truck star, hope it all works out for you guys.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is just a hell of a lot of FUN! busting everyone’s chops that are buying one and are on the list!

once it’s out EVERYONE will be on the speed juice and price will skyrocket with demand & want

I will give you a ride Doug.

Reactions: DLC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You were nuts, I was one of the ones that told you so. I was proven wrong on 1.5 out of 3 of my original beliefs after talking to RG in 2019. I would have been like number 10 or 12, I was one of the first to the booth at SSSS 2019 on opening day.

I thought the cost would go up for those that reserved - Didn't happen, ricing for the reservations stayed the same.

I said the original drivetrain promised would not happen - 1.3L 300 HP - HP stayed as promised, but the engine changed. I think there has been a massive over-delivery on other claims and promises with regards to safety, performance and features, on paper at least.

I thought the car would be late - Yep it's late.

1500 is a small gamble which is why I did it. Originally they were only building 250 cars, which made the gamble even more worth it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Best of plans go to shit

Studebaker
Oldsmobile
Pontiac
DeSoto
Plymouth
Mercury
Tucker
Kaiser Frazer
Edsel
AMC
DeLorean
Saturn
Hummer

All gone with a lot more money to back them then a Trophy Truck star, hope it all works out for you guys.

All of those brands had decades (some nearly a century) long runs.. Except Edsel, and Delorean. Edsel had Ford money and DeLorean had drug money. I'm not sure I see the correlation.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
All of those brands had decades (some nearly a century) long runs.. Except Edsel, and Delorean. Edsel had Ford money and DeLorean had drug money. I'm not sure I see the correlation.

Companies fails especially auto related things. RG is has chump change compared to bigger companies, what happens if a massive safety recall happens, does he have the funds to correct the issue, or fold Chapter 11 and enjoy his Lear Jet and ice rink?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Companies fails especially auto related things. RG is has chump change compared to bigger companies, what happens if a massive safety recall happens, does he have the funds to correct the issue, or fold Chapter 11 and enjoy his Lear Jet and ice rink?

That's why I we got in cheap :)

We aren't talking recalls of hundreds of thousands of cars here either. The volume simply isn't there.

riverroyal

Reaction score
if you got such a hard on for this car you should just buy one..
Im meant not possible meaning there is always something to add. Not that you are not getting a completed rig. Theres always a SxS add on eventually.
And as far as buying, once it comes out and you guys let me know its what you expected then I ma buyer. Yes even at a higher price tag. Yes i will wait in line as they catch up.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Ah the cycle of life. In the mid 2000’s everyone was building sand rails. Bigger. Better. Faster. To replace the VW bug motor sand rails. FunCo, Buckshot etc. with the price ever creeping up to $100k. Then out came the Rhino’s. Everyone had one or wanted one because of their simplicity and affordability. Then Polaris came along. Then CanAm gets into the game. Sand rail builders start to become extinct. Yet here we are again building back right up to where things once were. Trying to make the side x sides bigger. Faster. Stronger, and with that more expensive. I see history repeating itself here with all the hype as this next chapter of Speed cars.....and so it goes.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Now i will say, Ive been boating in Havasu my entire life. The better these SxS get the more I like winter better. I never thought Id say that. So if my winter hobby toy is 40k Im ok with that.
The dirt crowd in the winter is better than the boat summer crowd.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Best of plans go to shit

Studebaker
Oldsmobile
Pontiac
DeSoto
Plymouth
Mercury
Tucker
Kaiser Frazer
Edsel
AMC
DeLorean
Saturn
Hummer

wouldn’t mind having a Tucker right about now.. anyone want to trade a speed car for one?

PlanB

Reaction score
Now i will say, Ive been boating in Havasu my entire life. The better these SxS get the more I like winter better. I never thought Id say that. So if my winter hobby toy is 40k Im ok with that.
The dirt crowd in the winter is better than the boat summer crowd.

I second this. I like the "offseason" much better out there than the summer. 40K for a SxS though? I wish I could have stopped at 40K. Lol...

I wish all the best for Speed. Competition is a good thing and it would be nice to be able to buy a car that you did not have to put 30K in upgrades on.

petie6464

Reaction score
Hopefully this come fruition, any US made product that succeeds is a win for the country.

The person in front of this certainly isn't a Lee Iacocca, I wouldn't hedge a nickel on it, hopefully I'm wrong.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hopefully this come fruition, any US made product that succeeds is a win for the country.

The person in front of this certainly isn't a Lee Iacocca, I wouldn't hedge a nickel on it, hopefully I'm wrong.

Well I would argue that the person in front of this is about as close as one could get in the off road industry. He's had experience designing 2 successful SXS platforms. He's also uniquely qualified and connected to the off road market as someone to design, test and validate an off road car.

If there was a list of people that you'd want to be involved with a new SXS platform, I cant imagine RG not being on that list.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Im meant not possible meaning there is always something to add. Not that you are not getting a completed rig. Theres always a SxS add on eventually.
And as far as buying, once it comes out and you guys let me know its what you expected then I ma buyer. Yes even at a higher price tag. Yes i will wait in line as they catch up.

I can’t think of anything else I’d add? Maybe Parker pumpers?? But I don’t want to buy all the helmets etc..

I was gonna add a gps or a tablet but I have the glove box screen (factory) and it can mirror my phone for gps which does everything a tablet would do..

you haven’t seen my build sheet though. Lol. I literally added everything I would do straight from the factory. I’m gonna add the seat heaters later today.. I was originally going to pull the entire interior and have Simpson make a bench for the back and seats to match the front.

I had an epiphany last night.. why not just have Simpson make the bench match the fronts.. 😍

I will take the other two and make office chairs out of them

DirtyWhiteDog

Reaction score
I believe I read in this thread that RG still has some of hid XX's, anyone know wyou could buy 1 ? Could not find it on the speed site

jesco

Reaction score
I believe I read in this thread that RG still has some of hid XX's, anyone know wyou could buy 1 ? Could not find it on the speed site
He has a few for sale on his Instagram feed. I think the couple he posted there have already sold but worth checking.

petie6464

Reaction score
Well I would argue that the person in front of this is about as close as one could get in the off road industry. He's had experience designing 2 successful SXS platforms. He's also uniquely qualified and connected to the off road market as someone to design, test and validate an off road car.

If there was a list of people that you'd want to be involved with a new SXS platform, I cant imagine RG not being on that list.

I'm sure he is capable of giving input to a skilled team for them to develop a product.

As long as there's a team of skilled business men in charge of of running the business, its probably going to see some success in the nitch market.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Robby just posted a walk around video of the production engine. Ho Lee Fook!

Said they’ve been done for months, but just got their intellectual patent so now he can show it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Robby just posted a walk around video of the production engine. Ho Lee Fook!

Said they’ve been done for months, but just got their intellectual patent so now he can show it.

Wow just saw the full production engine on tonight’s live-stream. Complete long block minus Turbo is 150 lbs.

4 injectors, all forged internals. 105 amp alternator, dry sump oiling, stressed member mounting, the ports look killer, 3D printed inconel exhaust manifold....

This thing is gonna curb stomp the entire SXS industry.

Last edited:

rickym20

Reaction score
Wow just saw the full production engine on tonight’s live-stream.

This thing is gonna curb stomp the entire SXS industry.
Impressive for sure, looking forward to seeing these things in action.

78A4254E-BF59-42EB-A276-813FB5B68F55.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
The cool thing is it’s designed by a Racer so it can be modded pretty easily

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
One look at that front end made me throw up in my mouth a little.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
The front and back could use a little refinement IMO, not really a balanced design. But everything else looks fucking sick!

Also how do you open the doors?

outboard_256

Reaction score
I hope it lives up to the performance hype because that is the ugliest sxs I have seen.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The front and back could use a little refinement IMO, not really a balanced design. But everything else looks fucking sick!

Also how do you open the doors?

A Can Am owner says the Speed design needs refinement?

Can Am’s inspiration for the front end of the X3: :)

2E606D97-BE71-415C-9223-BF2022695FEC.jpeg

I’m a Can Am fan but the front is ugly and the back storage area is nearly useless without spending money on boxes, bags and mounts to carry anything at all. The bed area is a major oversight in my opinion.

Last edited:

Icky

Reaction score
Looks like an escalade front end

Status
Not open for further replies.