WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
250? "im going to personally inspect 250, with a torque wrench and all my engineering degrees, now please leave $1000 with my assistant'
I really hope this works out for you guys. I want one, but not in this first round. Id rather pay more than be getting shit fixed all the time.
If I need to eat some crow I will, this time next year.

Worst case you pay another couple bucks, I don’t think you’ll be eating crow. If the price was not so good I’d be waiting just like you.

Hell the Can Ams came with dry wheel bearings and rear hubs that destroyed themselves almost instantly for 2+ years.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Robby told me getting a bench in the back of my car wouldn’t be an issue at the sand show.. when I call the sales people they are flat sayin no.. lol. I gotta get ahold of him somehow to see if I can figure that out.

I also called them right now because I thought today was the last day to confirm the car. They said the configuration that is up is a test deal and the official one will be online in the 15th.. plenty of time to still pick your options etc.

An aftermarket bench can likely be made to fit, but they are not offering one stock.

The issue is the tunnel for the driveshaft, etc. it appears the seats are going to straddle it, so a bench seat is gonna sit pretty high if you get one in there. It may not be good for adults at that point. That said we won’t see the interior final mock up for another few weeks I think.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
but people are lining up to give him money?? I dont get it

I don’t believe the guy is a crook, he/his team knows their shit. My good friend was a lead on the design team at Textron for the XX. Hearing his experiences with RG were pretty positive.

He is however extremely “proud” of his parts/work/designs and will viciously go after anyone infringing on his IP.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Robby told me getting a bench in the back of my car wouldn’t be an issue at the sand show.. when I call the sales people they are flat sayin no.. lol. I gotta get ahold of him somehow to see if I can figure that out.

I also called them right now because I thought today was the last day to confirm the car. They said the configuration that is up is a test deal and the official one will be online in the 15th.. plenty of time to still pick your options etc.

Robby said during one of the live streams that he is going to leave the rear bench up to the aftermarket guys.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Robby said during one of the live streams that he is going to leave the rear bench up to the aftermarket guys.

Well that sucks but I’ll have morphic figure it out when it’s time..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So originally I was going to go with an LE because I wanted the car all black. From reading the fb groups though the window nets are 1600 bucks alone, and a few other options and you quickly surpass the RG price which comes with all that.

I just didn’t want the orange..

anyone up to speed on the options? I went to go look tonight on the website but they are doing their change over so it’s offline

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So originally I was going to go with an LE because I wanted the car all black. From reading the fb groups though the window nets are 1600 bucks alone, and a few other options and you quickly surpass the RG price which comes with all that.

anyone up to speed on the options? I went to go look tonight on the website but they are doing their change over so it’s offline

They are supposed to have all the options up today.

The window nets and the comms setup is going to be about $3k-$3300 I’m guessing based on what we know now. Those are the only feature differences between the 2 making them close to a wash.

I don’t think you want the Alcantara seats and steering wheel the RG comes with... if you do you are stuck with the orange accents.

LBZRCKS

Reaction score

I didn't want all the orange either and don't really care for the RG graphics, but like you said with the window nets, radio, suede seats and steering wheel the RG upgrade price was a good deal.

Todd Romano did post that they're close on being able to offer both PCI and Rugged for the radios

37 boat

Reaction score
I was on the fence about upgrading my LE to RG also. Originally it was a 3,000.00 upgrade which seemed like a good deal... now it's 5,000.00 and they won't reduce it for the early pre orders. At 5,000.00 it's not really a deal at all. They haven't confirmed what radio package, what headsets etc...so I will stay with the LE and pick my graphics and put the radio of my choice in.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I thought they were turn key? How much for window nets 😬

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Gordons have had integrity I trust.
It would be presumptuous to say I knew them but I did have encounters. I see Robbie and he has no clue who I am. "Meatloaf, Chris Farley?" He probably wonders.

Robbie Split an aluminum radiator at Glamis once and one in my crew was able to weld it and it's how we came into contact with his late dad. Like aluminum welding two pieces of aluminum foil together. It was skilled and tricky in this particular case.

Robbies dad worked with the kids that trip with tips and pointers. When his dad learned our son went back into the hospital with a recurrence of his cancer NASCAR people showed up and distributed high end merch to all the kids. Not just stickers, but really cool swag and toys.

The Gordons skipped the pat-on-the-back publicity. No humble bragging for them and that speaks volumes.

This is where the RDP Fox Sports link hook up came when we gave away the athletic gear and especially the Cleatus action figures that no one remembers but was sensational, and the Mercury Swag.
Our resident bald headed midget, reverse bigoted, liberal troll got all that ended with personal attacks BTW. It's why Race Dezert and other performance Motorsport forums have a zero tolerance policy. They want no part of that forum behavior and the RDP hook-up dried-up is a good example why.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was on the fence about upgrading my LE to RG also. Originally it was a 3,000.00 upgrade which seemed like a good deal... now it's 5,000.00 and they won't reduce it for the early pre orders. At 5,000.00 it's not really a deal at all. They haven't confirmed what radio package, what headsets etc...so I will stay with the LE and pick my graphics and put the radio of my choice in.

Keep in mind this is a $5k RG upgrade DEPOSIT, but the cost is only $3k more.

I’m doing the LE and rolling my own radio and intercom setup. It will be half the price of the Speed option, with PTT on the steering wheel where I want it, not on the dash.

And I want my GPS where they are going to mount the radio.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I thought they were turn key? How much for window nets 😬

$1600 for the 4 seater, probably half that for the 2 seater. I actually just want the window nets for the rear seats, I need to ask if that is an option.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
ONLY three things stopping me from buying one...…. 1. Fugly as Fuck! 2. Have heard way too many things negative things about RG both personally and professionally. 3. any WAY TOO much coin to do the Beta testing for them.

2021 Can Am with fox electronic suspension will work just fine :)

riverroyal

Reaction score
guys, I REALLY hope this work out for everyone. Id buy one in a few years. But website not stable, $1600 for window nets? Some love him, some hate him. Deposits of different amounts, unproven.....I dunno. Im with Toby on this one, except the looks are fine for me. 2022 Can Am is in my future I think

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
This new website goes up and down more than Linda Lovelace

I’d be more concerned about the fact that RG promised you something and now Speed is saying it’s a no go, you’re dealing with a sales person and not RG personally anymore.

How many of these cars did they take deposits on because of you and this forum?

Dave, I don’t have a dog in this fight but it sounds like a good chunk of this company has been built off your reputation which means you do have a dog in this fight. You should have RG’s personal number in your phone and the ability to call him at the drop of a hat based on how much money has been invested in this business because of you and this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’d be more concerned about the fact that RG promised you something and now Speed is saying it’s a no go, you’re dealing with a sales person and not RG personally anymore.

Dave, I don’t have a dog in this fight but it sounds like a good chunk of this company has been built off your reputation which means you do have a dog in this fight. You should have RG’s personal number in your phone and the ability to call him at the drop of a hat based on how much money has been invested in this business because of you and this forum.

A handful of members here have thrown down deposits.. That is nowhere close to even a sliver of the company or the number of cars sold, and I don't think anyone did so because of RD's reputation. RD as been silent on it for almost a year, and just started talking to them a few weeks ago regarding his order.

The overall selling features of the car really have not changed much. They just aren't going to offer a rear bench seat, because they are doing carbon fiber bucket seats and 5 point harnesses for the pre order cars. Speed and Gordon started out saying quite a bit at the sand show debut last year. It seemed like they were just throwing out possible features to churn up interest. 1.3L engine options, 300HP stock, limited production of only 400, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
guys, I REALLY hope this work out for everyone. Id buy one in a few years. But website not stable, $1600 for window nets? Some love him, some hate him. Deposits of different amounts, unproven.....I dunno. Im with Toby on this one, except the looks are fine for me. 2022 Can Am is in my future I think

It is not for everyone, and I'm sure there is going to be some problems. The Can AMs and RZRs are dialed right now, and you can't go wrong with one.

To be fair, they told everyone they would be updating the site today to start the pre-order process for the early orders. As for the cost of the accessories. Yes Robby Gordon is proud of his options and accessories.

These are not crappy window nets though.. People pay $1000 for RZR doors that rattle like tin cans and barely open and close. The nets Speed uses are pretty awesome, but $1600 is still steep for a set of 4

IMG_3091_480x.jpeg

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
Personally, I think it it looks pretty badass. My YXZ barely fits in the toyvhauler as it is, if my garage was bigger then I would consider one.
Screenshot_20200715-212209_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20200715-212201_Instagram.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The test chassis they showed tonight looked killer. Lots of details thought out with the gusseting, stainless ground planes, and all the tabs for accessories.

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Virtually none of what Speed UTV has going on has anything to do with me or my reputation. Lol.

I have had some people ask me why I put the money up in the beginning. I felt it was pretty low risk.

Robby probably talked to 400-500 people that day at the SSSS.. I know what that’s like doing DS each year. I’m not gonna hold his feet to the fire for telling me I could have a bench in the first stage of development and then that changing as things materialized to what is better or less liability to the future of the company as things progress.
It isn’t my style to do that.. but I do know what it’s like to he at the end of the day and just “yah yah yah” because your dog tired etc..

I’ll just call up Simpson and say I need a set of seats with seat heaters etc with the speed logo and take the thing straight over to morphic and have them put them in along with a few other mods they won’t be offering.

I am very happy I got in early and the cost savings in that alone are worth it to me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Nobody paid different amounts? They have their pricing structure on a timeline and you either bought it in the time period or ya didn’t.

point in fact they are extremely strict about money they will accept Or rather won’t. I wanted to start paying ahead on my car so it could just be paid off when we take delivery and they refused the money.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It is not for everyone, and I'm sure there is going to be some problems. The Can AMs and RZRs are dialed right now, and you can't go wrong with one.

To be fair, they told everyone they would be updating the site today to start the pre-order process for the early orders. As for the cost of the accessories. Yes Robby Gordon is proud of his options and accessories.

These are not crappy window nets though.. People pay $1000 for RZR doors that rattle like tin cans and barely open and close. The nets Speed uses are pretty awesome, but $1600 is still steep for a set of 4

IMG_3091_480x.jpeg

The doors on my Can Am retail at 2k.. Granted they are the nicest doors made / on the market today (IMO) And they aren’t your “normal” Sxs doors..

(I changed them since you last saw the car)

The window nets on the Speed car are going to be 1800.00 I believe. The comms are like 2k as well. Between the two and some other shit thst is why I upgraded to the rg edition instead of just adding the accessories (Cheaper this way).

I wanted a black car, but I guess I’ll be rolling the black and orange Team colors unless I take the car apart and change em.

the bench seat is a no go from the factory because of liability reasons.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The doors on my Can Am retail at 2k.. Granted they are the nicest doors made / on the market today (IMO) And they aren’t your “normal” Sxs doors..

(I changed them since you last saw the car)

The window nets on the Speed car are going to be 1800.00 I believe. The comms are like 2k as well. Between the two and some other shit thst is why I upgraded to the rg edition instead of just adding the accessories (Cheaper this way).

I wanted a black car, but I guess I’ll be rolling the black and orange Team colors unless I take the car apart and change em.

the bench seat is a no go from the factory because of liability reasons.

Yea if those are the prices the RG car makes sense

Interested to hear you experience as you move through the process.

Your door experience is exactly what I mean. Yea the accessories sound expensive.. because they are all expensive, and in most cases if you buy cheap accessories, you are either annoyed every time you are in the car, or just rebuy the same accessory from another manufacturer.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Personally, I think it it looks pretty badass. My YXZ barely fits in the toyvhauler as it is, if my garage was bigger then I would consider one. View attachment 899242 View attachment 899243

the final statement is why I would not give my money, such as a deposit to this guy. The post was about looks, not performance.
After dealers are successful, then Im on board! RG needs to STFU

37 boat

Reaction score
Keep in mind this is a $5k RG upgrade DEPOSIT, but the cost is only $3k more.

I’m doing the LE and rolling my own radio and intercom setup. It will be half the price of the Speed option, with PTT on the steering wheel where I want it, not on the dash.

And I want my GPS where they are going to mount the radio.

What are you seeing that I'm not?
Asset-23.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What are you seeing that I'm not?

You got in early before the price increase, so the RG cost is believe is $35K for you? It was $32K for the LE. Prices are now $37K for the RG and $35 for the LE, so the math is still similar, actually the RG is a $1K smaller uplift now than it was in the earlier preorder. That will change in December, when the RG goes up another $3K, and the LE only goes up another $2K.

You put in $1500 already. That $5000 to "upgrade" is just added to your deposit. The cost uplift for the RG 2 model was $3k before the price increase, and is currently a $2K price difference.

You are just paying more up front for the RG car, but it is only $2k or $3k more depending on when you placed your order.

37 boat

Reaction score
You got in early before the price increase, so the RG cost is believe is $35K for you? It was $32K for the LE. Prices are now $37K for the RG and $35 for the LE, so the math is still similar, actually the RG is a $1K smaller uplift now than it was in the earlier preorder. That will change in December, when the RG goes up another $3K, and the LE only goes up another $2K.

You put in $1500 already. That $5000 to "upgrade" is just added to your deposit. The cost uplift for the RG 2 model was $3k before the price increase, and is currently a $2K price difference.

You are just paying more up front for the RG car, but it is only $2k or $3k more depending on when you placed your order.

Hmmm, I'm gonna give em a call and see if it works that way. Even at 3k I'm still a little on the fence though.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Hmmm, I'm gonna give em a call and see if it works that way. Even at 3k I'm still a little on the fence though.

I could be wrong, but I believe that is how it works.

At $3K I feel the same. I can do the radio stuff myself, I'll likely be making a custom dash plate, as I want to stick with a Lowrance GPS and put the radio, intercom and accessory buttons where I want them. I'm going to run a smaller 25 watt radio, and it takes up much less space. I will have less into the GPS intercom/radio setup than RG charges for the "plug and play" intercom/radio.

At worst you can see if they will sell you just the radio/intercom mounting plate and pull the current stuff out of your car.

Last edited:

J&k beer can

Reaction score
man that looks pretty nice..
but the woman is not a fan of our little 900 four seater so that thing is a no go for me..😭😭
plus i keep doing more and more to my 68 camaro(pro touring if i dont sell it first).. need to get her that 69/70 mustang fastback(only ford i will own.)
i use the f word dont drive it..😅😂🤣

Reactions: DWC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well now they are coming out with the Soeed toy hauler..

Which I believe is a rebadged 39’ deal. We are all gonna go broke and Robbie is gonna get richer.. lol.
430A0715-569A-43E5-AF5C-4A9169E0EF35.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Good thing you got the dually.

It wouldn’t work for me as we have a kids Sxs as well. Providing of course what the people saying online is true and it has a 15’ garage.

I think we will end up with a motorhome and restoring my current enclosed

Singleton

Reaction score
It wouldn’t work for me as we have a kids Sxs as well. Providing of course what the people saying online is true and it has a 15’ garage.

I think we will end up with a motorhome and restoring my current enclosed

depends if trailer is garage model or open.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Sweet! All the big So Cal dealers are on board.

Speed is targeting signing up 75 dealers this year.

Warranty with the 300HP Speed Key is now an option. 12 months for $1500, 18 month for $2500.

Speed will be at many holiday and big events to provide support. Glamis on holidays, KOTH, UTV invasion, etc.

If you are OUT of warranty at an event that Speed is attending and break a part, Speed will charge you for the part, but not labor.

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
Looks like they partnered up with Heartland Road Warrior toy haulers to come out with a garage model that fits the two and four seater. They briefly showed the layout, it actually looks pretty nice and has the second bath in the garage. I don't think I'd want the big speed UTV and Robby Gordon names on the graphics, but otherwise it looks nice.

Screenshot_20200722-212416_YouTube.jpg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Sweet! All the big So Cal dealers are on board.

Speed is targeting signing up 75 dealers this year.

Warranty with the 300HP Speed Key is now an option. 12 months for $1500, 18 month for $2500.

Speed will be at many holiday and big events to provide support. Glamis on holidays, KOTH, UTV invasion, etc.

If you are OUT of warranty at an event that Speed is attending and break a part, Speed will charge you for the part, but not labor.

Even though I'm getting the key I don’t know that I’ll ever use it as it’s impossible to find E-85 out here.. I wonder if they will offer a cheaper warranty if ya don’t use the key?

Having factory support at events is f’ing huge.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Even though I'm getting the key I don’t know that I’ll ever use it as it’s impossible to find E-85 out here.. I wonder if they will offer a cheaper warranty if ya don’t use the key?

Having factory support at events is f’ing huge.

Yea I’m getting the key but won’t use it either. At this time those are the only warranty options that Speed offers. There will likely be aftermarket warranty companies to buy plans through.

They have been getting requests for a “beginner” key for a low boost map for kids or wives. They are looking into that.

Couple more things I didn’t mention:

The car will come standard with hand restraints, one set per seat. This makes me less apt to get the window nets.

The shifter sounds bad ass, it is going to be a ratcheting sequential style shifter and you just pull or push it to bang through the drive gears. Shifter is going to be tall, and end up close to the steering wheel, not buried between the seats.

There will be a smaller drive selector next to the shifter to mechanically shift from 2wd, 4wd and 4wd front locker

Last edited:

DMF

Reaction score
Yea I’m getting the key but won’t use it either. At this time those are the only warranty options that Speed offers. There will likely be aftermarket warranty companies to buy plans through.

They have been getting requests for a “beginner” key for a low boost map for kids or wives. They are looking into that.

Couple more things I didn’t mention:

The car will come standard with hand restraints, one set per seat. This makes me less apt to get the window nets.

The shifter sounds bad ass, it is going to be a ratcheting sequential style shifter and you just pull or push it to bang through the drive gears. Shifter is going to be tall, and end up close to the steering wheel, not buried between the seats.

There will be a smaller drive selector next to the shifter to mechanically shift from 2wd, 4wd and 4wd front locker
I still like the window nets. In a violent crash there are no guarantees that you can hold on to a restraint. In theory, with the window nets they should keep the hands and arms within the cab area of the vehicle. Just my opinion!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I still like the window nets. In a violent crash there are no guarantees that you can hold on to a restraint. In theory, with the window nets they should keep the hands and arms within the cab area of the vehicle. Just my opinion!

You are absolutely correct. To be clear the arm restraint would be around your wrists and clip to the dash or some hard point limiting your arm movement. You don't have to hold on to them. Window nets provide an extra level of security.

baja-chris

Reaction score
A friend with one on order sent me this list of options and prices:
SPEED UTV ADD-ONSAMOUNT
50 INCH LIGHT BAR799
AIR PUMPER586
AUX FUEL (estimate 10 gal cell w/ pump)600
BREAK-IN KIT - OIL FILTER, AIR FILTER, BELT, OIL, HYDRAULIC FLUID399
CAB BAG85
CARGO ROOF RACK749
CARGO SYSTEM CRESCENT299
CHASE BAR LIGHT299
COOLER300
FIRE EXTINGUISHER QD MT170
FRONT BUMPER449
FRONT WINCH BUMPER & WINCH1000
GPS - LOWRANCE ELITE 7 TI550
JACK399
LIGHTED WHIP99
MIRROR - LIGHTED MIRROR pair239
MIRROR - REAR VIEW MIRROR85
RADIO INTERCOM 4 PLACE/ 2 PL -2501599
REAR BUMPER575
SEAT - AIR CUSHION $90 EA360
SEATS - EXTRA WIDE AND TALL 0
SKID PLATES REAR399
SLIDE HITCH & BALL65
SPARE TIRE495
TOOL BAGS - @ 75 EA75
TRAIL KIT - SPARE AXLE, TIRE, TIE-ROD, JACK1399
WINDOW NETS1699
WINDSHIELD999
SPEED KEY1
TIRE DOWN STRAPS $30 EA120

riverroyal

Reaction score
A friend with one on order sent me this list of options and prices:
SPEED UTV ADD-ONSAMOUNT
50 INCH LIGHT BAR799
AIR PUMPER586
AUX FUEL (estimate 10 gal cell w/ pump)600
BREAK-IN KIT - OIL FILTER, AIR FILTER, BELT, OIL, HYDRAULIC FLUID399
CAB BAG85
CARGO ROOF RACK749
CARGO SYSTEM CRESCENT299
CHASE BAR LIGHT299
COOLER300
FIRE EXTINGUISHER QD MT170
FRONT BUMPER449
FRONT WINCH BUMPER & WINCH1000
GPS - LOWRANCE ELITE 7 TI550
JACK399
LIGHTED WHIP99
MIRROR - LIGHTED MIRROR pair239
MIRROR - REAR VIEW MIRROR85
RADIO INTERCOM 4 PLACE/ 2 PL -2501599
REAR BUMPER575
SEAT - AIR CUSHION $90 EA360
SEATS - EXTRA WIDE AND TALL0
SKID PLATES REAR399
SLIDE HITCH & BALL65
SPARE TIRE495
TOOL BAGS - @ 75 EA75
TRAIL KIT - SPARE AXLE, TIRE, TIE-ROD, JACK1399
WINDOW NETS1699
WINDSHIELD999
SPEED KEY1
TIRE DOWN STRAPS $30 EA120
He paid twice for the jack.
Are these installed prices?

baja-chris

Reaction score
I think those are the list of possible options, not his choices. Presume these are installed and not delivered in a box but second hand info.
Looks like you can order a kit with a jack or order a jack separate (or both if you want two jacks).
These are supposed to be option choices you make when they contact you to tell you your build is up next. Can get spendy.

Status
Not open for further replies.