IMG00300-20091126-1449.jpg

It's actually my wife's Jeep.

IMG00297-20091126-1259.jpg

I'm just top mechanic and chauffeur.

Dan'l

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
All I know, is I am kicking myself for not buying in when my intuition told me to. Oh well...

riverroyal

Reaction score
I didn’t go to the show. I heard it was good overall. I also heard the firebird race way show was joke.

on a side note I did get shock therapy springs installed last week. Now for a tuning session in a few weeks. Full load of beer to make the weight is correct 😁

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I didn’t go to the show. I heard it was good overall. I also heard the firebird race way show was joke.

on a side note I did get shock therapy springs installed last week. Now for a tuning session in a few weeks. Full load of beer to make the weight is correct 😁

Hit me up if you need a copilot to turn the little knobs for you. Car should be much improved.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Hit me up if you need a copilot to turn the little knobs for you. Car should be much improved.
Absolutely. I spoke with shock therapy this morning to get a starting point. Great customer service.
we did blast down a wash for few miles Sunday morning. Without any tweaking it felt more predictable. Just not as smooth on the chop as I was hoping For. But that was with zero turning of the screws and from the talk this morning it’s way off.

DLC

Reaction score
I am AMAZED at his much negativity in the last 15 -20 pages! You would think it’s in the middle in winter with a cold Frt snow storm headed directly to Havasu !
It’s middle of September water is still good…. Relax it’s a sxs!

Robby got 4 cars out they are basically display “ Mock Up “cars ! RG is a race car driver, Do you actually think production cars will have these glitches?

every brand has issues
can am
you need to spend $3,000 plus to fix weak areas radius rods, lower A arms, upper rear shock tabs, Frt shock mounts

polaris rzr’ s
they caught on fire and burned up not that long ago, the stock cage is designed to crumple down on a roll over

while I wish speed great success in the new car! I more excited to see what impact the speed car has on ENTIRE market and the improvements made from brand to brand.

Healthy Competition Accross Brands is a Good Thing for the Consumer !

DLC

Reaction score
I also think RG should of started out with a 2 seat model and then expanded into a 4 seat. Or the 4 seat 1st and then the 2 seat.
He has to design FROM Scratch 2 cars!

While they are very similar to each other They are very different. He also has to adjust the assembly line from the 2 to 4 seat cars.

while I think This can be done it’s just more time with out car production

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
It’s just stupid to keep doing that shit.. and before we go with the “he started it”. I’d like to point out some of the “mature” comments that were made.

it takes two. If someone is poking and prodding me I just say “ok”. I find it saves a lot of time and makes them feel relatively small in the process.

Back to for speed or against.

I’m for. Black magic what ya got. Lol

Sand limo 4 seater
CJ7 v8
Hmmwvs
M1083
Lots of motorcycles
1200 hp turbo mustang
Two boats
2 ram 2500s

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I also think RG should of started out with a 2 seat model and then expanded into a 4 seat. Or the 4 seat 1st and then the 2 seat.
He has to design FROM Scratch 2 cars!

While they are very similar to each other They are very different. He also has to adjust the assembly line from the 2 to 4 seat cars.

while I think This can be done it’s just more time with out car production

What was cool is that RG addressed some of this awhile back. I think the short wheelbase Baja Bandit 2 seater is still a ways off. Those folks will be waiting another year, or they may just kill that model.

The longer 2 seat El Diablo and the 4 seat are like 95% the same. The roof, cage, chassis, plastics behind the door, and bed are different. But the 2 even share the same wiring harness, and there is supposedly an area on the 2 seater where the harness serpentines to take up the extra length so they only have 1 main harness for all models.

Suspension is the same, shocks will be the same with different springs and valving.

The rational for doing the long wheelbase 2 seater and the 4 seater at the same time was the development costs were cheaper, but the expense was extra time.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
I was actually wondering how you guys were feeling after that SXS show this weekend? I know @RiverDave mentioned he was uncomfortable a few times with the crowds and you mentioned it also Ashley. How ya guys fairing this week? Kinda kept me away from it knowing how crowded it was gonna be!
One of the reasons we went on Sunday is we figured less people in the Speed area. Not for Covid, just being able to get close and hands-on. Also got to talk with Robby and Todd. Was great.

I spent at least 12 hours in a rental car 3 weeks ago in Florida while my middle kid was just getting Covid and I'm sure contagious at that point as symptoms were just starting to show. He gave it to his new wife about 4 days later. My immune system must be good. We are all vaxxed though, but they still got it.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
The thing I noticed the most from the pictures other than the welds, enough has been said about those, was the back seat. Doesn't seem and big as I thought it would be. Although I would never site in the back seat if I owned one I do think of the wife and kids back there. The RZR back seat is super cramped even for a smaller person.

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score

Do you tune for the morning (full load of beer) or the afternoon (empty cooler)?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I was actually wondering how you guys were feeling after that SXS show this weekend? I know @RiverDave mentioned he was uncomfortable a few times with the crowds and you mentioned it also Ashley. How ya guys fairing this week? Kinda kept me away from it knowing how crowded it was gonna be!

Honestly I'm feeling fine, but Covid literally scares the shit out of me. I know 2 gym rats with no health conditions that have been teetering on whether they were gonna make it or not. Weirdly I know others that aren't healthy that are fine.. Thing doesn't have any rhyme or reason.

If you were gonna get it though the speed booth was flipping packed.

RD

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The thing I noticed the most from the pictures other than the welds, enough has been said about those, was the back seat. Doesn't seem and big as I thought it would be. Although I would never site in the back seat if I owned one I do think of the wife and kids back there. The RZR back seat is super cramped even for a smaller person.

This car is not as long as a Can Am, it is not going to have a huge amount of back seat room those cars do. It has a more than a 4 seat RZR XP/ Turbo/ Turbo S, but not quite as much as a Pro XP or Can Am (The Pro XP RZR has more back seat room than a Turbo S, less than a 4 seat Can Am).

I can tell you it is cramped but was not uncomfortably cramped like a RZR. The front seat has a lot of travel rearward so especially if you are 6'0 or below as a driver, there is likely enough room back there to not feel shoehorned in. Two 6'2 people front to back might start getting uncomfortable.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
This car is not as long as a Can Am, it is not going to have a huge amount of back seat room those cars do. It has a more than a 4 seat RZR XP/ Turbo/ Turbo S, but not quite as much as a ProXP or Can Am (The Pro XP RZR has more back seat room than a Turbo S, less than a 4 seat Can Am).

I can tell you it is cramped but was not uncomfortably cramped like a RZR.

Its the rear seating stadium style like the RZR? I couldn't really tell in the picture. That is one thing I do like over my Can Am. My kids are still small so they say they can't see. LOL. That's why my daughter loves sitting shotgun.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Its the rear seating stadium style like the RZR? I couldn't really tell in the picture. That is one thing I do like over my Can Am. My kids are still small so they say they can't see. LOL. That's why my daughter loves sitting shotgun.

Slight stadium yes, maybe 1-2 inches higher in back? With the tall doors, you are gonna have the same problem with these, maybe even worse.

I don't know how old your kids are, but I have both my 5 and 9 year old in these PRP booster cushions now. It helped with visibility and getting the harnesses in the right spot on their bodies.

61pJ1AHFxkL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Slight stadium yes, maybe 1-2 inches higher in back? With the tall doors, you are gonna have the same problem with these, maybe even worse.

I don't know how old your kids are, but I have both my 5 and 9 year old in these PRP booster cushions now. It helped with visibility and getting the harnesses in the right spot on their bodies.

61pJ1AHFxkL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

Oh right on I haven't seen those! My son is 11 but on the smaller side and my daughter is 7. This will probably help my daughter. I do adjust the harnesses but this will definitely help. Thanks!

OLDRAAT

inadequate member
Reaction score
This shit talk keeps up, RG gonna turn the dogs loose on you chumps. :p 😁

DWC

Reaction score

I’ll be out there this weekend and next for test runs. :cool:

DWC

Reaction score
This weekend you say?? Me too.
Absolutely, heading up when i get back Thursday. Got the whole family coming up the following week for our 28th anniversary :oops: Got some yard work, window washing, boating and sxs’ing to squeeze in. When are you heading up?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh right on I haven't seen those! My son is 11 but on the smaller side and my daughter is 7. This will probably help my daughter. I do adjust the harnesses but this will definitely help. Thanks!

They make 4 different ones. 2 sand car cushions and 2 UTV cushions. They make each type with a back and bottom, or bottom only.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Absolutely, heading up when i get back Thursday. Got the whole family coming up the following week for our 28th anniversary :oops: Got some yard work, window washing, boating and sxs’ing to squeeze in. When are you heading up?

Friday night, boating Sat and Sun. I’ll text you!

Icky

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is for this scale of manufacturing it had to have been drawn cad. 3d model, laser cut and cnc bent tubes etc. Obviously some tweaks here and there need to be made in the model for production runs, but that should've been addressed the first few tubes that were shit out. They would've been better off hand fitting some if these tubes that were extended with bolts, other tubing etc. Some of the welds could've been ground down and filled with bondo and painted over for the show.

I assume they have a model that was hand built here in the US that they build their jig from. Why he didn't have the people that build his TT fabricate the first few baffles me. He's got some bad ass fabricators and welders on his payroll that could've fixed some of this shit easily.

When I was an apprentice, there was a maintenance manager at a plant we worked for that didn't give a shit if something worked or not, he wanted it to look good and be clean. Cause at least if it didn't work, it looked good sitting there broken.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The thing that bothers me is for this scale of manufacturing it had to have been drawn cad. 3d model, laser cut and cnc bent tubes etc. Obviously some tweaks here and there need to be made in the model for production runs, but that should've been addressed the first few tubes that were shit out. They would've been better off hand fitting some if these tubes that were extended with bolts, other tubing etc. Some of the welds could've been ground down and filled with bondo and painted over for the show.

I assume they have a model that was hand built here in the US that they build their jig from. Why he didn't have the people that build his TT fabricate the first few baffles me. He's got some bad ass fabricators and welders on his payroll that could've fixed some of this shit easily.

When I was an apprentice, there was a maintenance manager at a plant we worked for that didn't give a shit if something worked or not, he wanted it to look good and be clean. Cause at least if it didn't work, it looked good sitting there broken.

It seems that the tube fit up looks largely OK. They did EXACTLY what you are saying with the hand built tube fit up and fixture checking for verification. The gusseting is where the bolt ended up, and to me that is an easy fix to adjust a gusset for mass production, and get the compound angle and tube intersection welds a little cleaner.

They are clearly capable of decent quality welds out of the robots, as the straight joints look nice.

merc_400r

Reaction score
It seems that the tube fit up looks largely OK. They did EXACTLY what you are saying with the hand built tube fit up and fixture checking for verification. The gusseting is where the bolt ended up, and to me that is an easy fix to adjust a gusset for mass production, and get the compound angle and tube intersection welds a little cleaner.

They are clearly capable of decent quality welds out of the robots, as the straight joints look nice.

Are you looking at the same pic as the rest of us? That tube fit up is horrible. Any bigger of a gap on that and they would have to use a bolt to fill it. That's why the tube welds look horrible too because the gap is so big. If you don't have proper fit up then the weld can never look good and will never get a good joint. These are major problems that I am seeing and its not the robot welders.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
If you guys are all so concerned with how we spent $1500 of our dollars all of a sudden, we will bludgeon you with the results... well I will at least. Dave will probably be more subtle about it. If the Speed cars suck, I will sell it for a profit and buy a new RZR. I am fine either way.

Please sir, I beg of you not to bludgeon me with my own stupidity.
I'm just a simple man with a simple question.

How do you pull off the above without being the same level douchebag that sold 2FORCEFULL his latest Cheetah?

Will you be the only one aware they are pieces of crap?
If so, you're going to sell something you know is a piece of shit, at a profit, to some poor unsuspecting soul who must have scraped together his pennies to try and purchase fun for the family?

I don't really need an answer. I'm just entertaining myself here. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

How do you pull off the above without being the same level douchebag that sold 2FORCEFULL his latest Cheetah?

If so, you're going to sell something you know is a piece of shit, at a profit, to some poor unsuspecting soul who must have scraped together his pennies to try and purchase fun for the family?

Warranty. I’m pretty sure it’s not going to fall apart or not function. How annoying are the little problems, is it reliable is the question.

I’m 80% confidant I’ll be overall happy with the car.

Groper

Reaction score

I've been busy selling a Boat and purchasing another one, did I miss a tread about Olé Steven getting taken on a Cheetah' purchase really ? 🤔

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That must be one heck of a good warranty.
I've never seen one that buys back a SxS from the purchaser and gives them a profit to boot.

Do you get to keep the 8x10 glossy of Robby?:)

You know how people can sell their 2 year old used trucks for more than they paid for them? It’s the magic of supply and demand.

Status
Not open for further replies.