WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
It is funny to see you get all up and hard when someone has an opinion contrary to yours...especially on the side by side topic. It's like you have to justify the money you spent and constantly prove to yourself you've made the right choice.

Also funny is how you seem to know so much about my car. It ran KOH in 2018, so not sure how that makes it not close to race competitive? I also drive it recreationally. No race gas or anything about it that makes it a pain in the ass to do so. And side by sides in our group have had to get gas from me because they don't carry enough for longer trips. When you start putting those engine mods on those things, the mileage really goes to shit...and they still aren't as fast.

All this accomplished for likely a lot less than what the average side by side runs these days. It's okay. The buyer's remorse probably stings a little, but maybe with time and enough posts on this topic, you'll find that inner peace you keep typing furiously to find.

Honest question, how much do you think the average sxs owner spends on their car?

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Honest question, how much do you think the average sxs owner spends on their car?
I just spent 1200 this last weekend riding trailing arms and radius rods I wanted to upgrade anyway just wasn’t expecting to be so soon after that I have 8k in my car just in aftermarket stuff

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I just spent 1200 this last weekend riding trailing arms and radius rods I wanted to upgrade anyway just wasn’t expecting to be so soon after that I have 8k in my car just in aftermarket stuff
Appreciate the input but I am looking to see how much wizard thinks the average sxs owner spends on their car.

Since he keeps saying his U4 is less than that I'd like to know the number.

BIGRED9158

Reaction score
Appreciate the input but I am looking to see how much wizard thinks the average sxs owner spends on their car.

Since he keeps saying his U4 is less than that I'd like to know the number.
I would say Average 15k for 2 seater and close to 20k if it’s a 4 seater

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I'd say somewhere between $35K and $50K. I base this on an initial purchase price of $25-$30K (or more from what I saw at the sand show) and another $10K or more in upgrades depending on how far one wants to go with it. I know a couple of guys who are above the $50K mark all in.

That's a good question though. Maybe one that can have a topic of it's own if people actually want to throw their amounts out there.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I'd say somewhere between $35K and $50K. I base this on an initial purchase price of $25-$30K (or more from what I saw at the sand show) and another $10K or more in upgrades depending on how far one wants to go with it. I know a couple of guys who are above the $50K mark all in.

That's a good question though. Maybe one that can have a topic of it's own if people actually want to throw their amounts out there.
I think your average is way high, sure there are people that throw a bunch of money at them but I would pit the average total cost somewhere between 25 and 30. Most people get the NA cars and don't touch them. Edit to add, these estimates are for buying new cars. For used cars, 20-25 all in as an average.

For fun, I did some math on the average price of the (4) Ultra 4s for sale I was able to find on RDC and Str8up. Average asking price on those is $136,250.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
It is funny to see you get all up and hard when someone has an opinion contrary to yours...especially on the side by side topic. It's like you have to justify the money you spent and constantly prove to yourself you've made the right choice.

Also funny is how you seem to know so much about my car. It ran KOH in 2018, so not sure how that makes it not close to race competitive? I also drive it recreationally. No race gas or anything about it that makes it a pain in the ass to do so. And side by sides in our group have had to get gas from me because they don't carry enough for longer trips. When you start putting those engine mods on those things, the mileage really goes to shit...and they still aren't as fast.

All this accomplished for likely a lot less than what the average side by side runs these days. It's okay. The buyer's remorse probably stings a little, but maybe with time and enough posts on this topic, you'll find that inner peace you keep typing furiously to find.

You say I’m the one constantly justifying my choices. 😂 Perhaps you should spend more time reading your own posts. I’m not the one constantly saying my stuff is better, and cheaper every chance I get.

You really are something Wizard. Keep patting yourself on the back.

Who cares if your car entered KOH in 2018? You didn’t own it, you didn’t drive it, and it didn’t place or win. Like I said. It’s not a competitive car, that’s why it was cheap. Any one can enter anything in a race as long as it is built to the spec.

It’s not everyone else’s fault your friends with SXSs aren’t prepared for trips and are slow. But maybe it is by design. If I was in your group I’d get far enough ahead or behind you so I didn’t have to hear you on the radio too.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think your average is way high, sure there are people that throw a bunch of money at them but I would pit the average total cost somewhere between 25 and 30. Most people get the NA cars and don't touch them.

For fun, I did some math on the average price of the (4) Ultra 4s for sale I was able to find on RDC and Str8up. Average asking price on those is $136,250.

No he got his “KOH race car” for cheaper than we all payed for our SXS. Just wait he will come back and tell you 😉 so he can justify his choices just like I do.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
No he got his “KOH race car” for cheaper than we all payed for our SXS. Just wait he will come back and tell you 😉 so he can justify his choices just like I do.

I found the U4 that is less than our cars, how's 12" front and 10" rear travel through leafs sound? (not talking shit on that jeep, looks like a really fun ride)

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Jeez LOF, you criticizing anyone in this thread is the equivalent of all the libturds’ hypocrisy. You’re the poster boy for defending the unobtanium Speed car and you’ve probably got 33% of the posts in this thread. I hope you have at least one other fantasy than the Speed car.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
You say I’m the one constantly justifying my choices. 😂 Perhaps you should spend more time reading your own posts. I’m not the one constantly saying my stuff is better, and cheaper every chance I get.

You really are something Wizard. Keep patting yourself on the back.

Who cares if your car entered KOH in 2018? You didn’t own it, you didn’t drive it, and it didn’t place or win. Like I said. It’s not a competitive car, that’s why it was cheap. Any one can enter anything in a race as long as it is built to the spec.

It’s not everyone else’s fault your friends with SXSs aren’t prepared for trips and are slow. But maybe it is by design. If I was in your group I’d get far enough ahead or behind you so I didn’t have to hear you on the radio too.
Ha, this from the guy who has been questioned as to whether or not he works for a particular side by side manufacturer (well, seller anyway...manufacturing is questionable) because of his staunch defense against any questioning whatsoever.

Doesn't really appear that it's me justifying my choices, does it?

And you'll continue justifying by trying to put out another clever reply to this. Go ahead, get to typing. You really aren't that good at it, but it's amusing to watch you try though. 🙂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Jeez LOF, you criticizing anyone in this thread is the equivalent of all the libturds’ hypocrisy. You’re the poster boy for defending the unobtanium Speed car and you’ve probably got 33% of the posts in this thread. I hope you have at least one other fantasy than the Speed car.

Get off it. Most of my posts are correcting people’s lack of reading comprehension. I have just been posting information I’ve gathered In this thread. You came in here to criticize me and everyone else that has one of these on order. Every post you make is whining or crying about it, or “hoping we are made whole”.

Don’t cry about me firing back at the hate, ignorance or stupidity of others. I asked the wizard if he thought his U4 was so great bring it to Havasu and we could run. He refused, that was almost 2 years ago. I asked blackmagic to put his money where his mouth was and put up $1k that Speed cars would be delivered by Feb 1 and he declined. Now they both just want to whine.

Why do you or anybody else care so much about how we spend our money? Are you that jealous? Are you that petty? Are you that much of a Liberal that you must control the decisions of others? If RG has robbed me and a few thousand other people, what concern is it of yours anyway? The final iterations of the cars are out, they are testing them, and your biggest concern is where my money went. If RG robbed me for a few grand whatever, I have more money, I’m not destitute.

Last edited:

702sandman

Reaction score
here’s a few pics of mine and my daughters fully built desert race cars. We are into them about $45k each plus the cost of the cars. So they are not ridiculous priced but definitely more than a regular play car. Utv‘s are coming a lot further, this past year we had some competing in the ultra 4 race at king of the hammers against the big boys and they held their own. They were not 100k built cars the were mild built ones probably in the 60k range. There will definitely be more and more competing in the 4400 class this year I believe.
3DA106C9-9C88-4915-ADE1-5A16553CB8E3.jpeg
9DCB0ED0-5BD6-4151-B59F-26A7DE189A56.jpeg
2BA0075D-815C-4E38-9BAC-917F010CC0A6.jpeg
8CB5B512-B626-4E86-A15C-2CA9814AD72C.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ha, this from the guy who has been questioned as to whether or not he works for a particular side by side manufacturer (well, seller anyway...manufacturing is questionable) because of his staunch defense against any questioning whatsoever.

Doesn't really appear that it's me justifying my choices, does it?

And you'll continue justifying by trying to put out another clever reply to this. Go ahead, get to typing. You really aren't that good at it, but it's amusing to watch you try though. 🙂

I don’t need to type anything else clever, you have said it all for me in the last several hours. Have a nice night Wizard you made it easy for me, as usual.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I think your average is way high, sure there are people that throw a bunch of money at them but I would pit the average total cost somewhere between 25 and 30. Most people get the NA cars and don't touch them. Edit to add, these estimates are for buying new cars. For used cars, 20-25 all in as an average.

Fair enough, but those that get the NA cars and don't touch them have no hope of running at the front, so no argument from me there. I've said that my debate is with those who say the side by sides will run with or even beat the more purpose built cars. In my real world experience having actually driven both types of cars, that just isn't reality.

As far as the cost, those must be some Covid priced cars. They can get pricey for sure, but I've got nowhere near $136K in mine and pretty sure the components are along the same grade. I did say I got a great deal, but all I can do is compare what I'm in it for to what friends are into their side by sides for as well as what else I see out there in the market. One way makes a lot more sense than the other to me.

The one thing about a U4 or purpose built car is that you better know how to work on it and put in the wrench time. That or be able to pay someone else to do it. There is no dealer service like a side by side could have. This is a huge upside for a lot of side by side folks and I get that.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
And we’ve come full circle.. all the Speed haters are actually just UTV haters.

The Ultra4 zealots like @Wizard29 can never answer why Ultra4s are getting beat by UTV golf carts pretty consistently these days at most off road races 😂.

You beat some pedestrian UTV up a pile of rocks? Whatever makes you feel better about yoreself 😉.

You better be able to outrun a UTV in a wash because a UTV will smoke you on technical trails. You were never man enough to take me up on my offer of a race in Havasu with my 100 HP SXS lol.

Hahahahhahah fuck that was harsh lol.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
here’s a few pics of mine and my daughters fully built desert race cars. We are into them about $45k each plus the cost of the cars. So they are not ridiculous priced but definitely more than a regular play car. Utv‘s are coming a lot further, this past year we had some competing in the ultra 4 race at king of the hammers against the big boys and they held their own. They were not 100k built cars the were mild built ones probably in the 60k range. There will definitely be more and more competing in the 4400 class this year I believe. View attachment 1055347 View attachment 1055348 View attachment 1055349 View attachment 1055350
Awesome!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
I don’t need to type anything else clever, you have said it all for me in the last several hours. Have a nice night Wizard you made it easy for me, as usual.
*yawn* See post 2113. Kind of says it all.

Last edited:

Joker

Reaction score
You guys should be more interested in ASU beating UCLA

lf2

Reaction score
here’s a few pics of mine and my daughters fully built desert race cars. We are into them about $45k each plus the cost of the cars. So they are not ridiculous priced but definitely more than a regular play car. Utv‘s are coming a lot further, this past year we had some competing in the ultra 4 race at king of the hammers against the big boys and they held their own. They were not 100k built cars the were mild built ones probably in the 60k range. There will definitely be more and more competing in the 4400 class this year I believe. View attachment 1055347 View attachment 1055348 View attachment 1055349 View attachment 1055350
How did they do in the sxs vs 10 car race at koh?

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Get off it. Most of my posts are correcting people’s lack of reading comprehension. I have just been posting information I’ve gathered In this thread. You came in here to criticize me and everyone else that has one of these on order. Every post you make is whining or crying about it, or “hoping we are made whole”.

Don’t cry about me firing back at the hate, ignorance or stupidity of others. I asked the wizard if he thought his U4 was so great bring it to Havasu and we could run. He refused, that was almost 2 years ago. I asked blackmagic to put his money where his mouth was and put up $1k that Speed cars would be delivered by Feb 1 and he declined. Now they both just want to whine.

Why do you or anybody else care so much about how we spend our money? Are you that jealous? Are you that petty? Are you that much of a Liberal that you must control the decisions of others? If RG has robbed me and a few thousand other people, what concern is it of yours anyway? The final iterations of the cars are out, they are testing them, and your biggest concern is where my money went. If RG robbed me for a few grand whatever, I have more money, I’m not destitute.

Wow. You're so emotionally invested in this business venture that you're bordering on anger.

Liberal? Ha ha that's hilarious - you're lashing out making sh!t up - you're the moderator in the dungeon and you've seen hundreds of my conservative posts.

I get that you're all in on the Speed car and I understand that you and others are excited about them. I hope you all get what you're looking for. My only points have been (1) until they're delivering there is no product and, (2) there's no guarantee this business will survive and while people are making money off each other's position in line, the whole thing isn't a business until it is.

There have been much bigger startups that have failed miserably. I hope everyone who has risked their $$$ is rewarded. But I won't be shocked if it goes awry.

Meanwhile, thanks for the entertainment. Other than curiosity about the updates, you're the only reason I come back to this thread.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Just commenting to keep up with this thread but serious question. What do so many people get worked up on this sight about how people like to spend money and have a good time? The buggy I have now is the slowest POS in the desert but I still smile all the time when I’m in it. My boat is a 25yr old ski boat and I look forward to every trip to the water in it. I’d love a speed car Polaris or can am as long as I’m behind the wheel.

Hope this car makes it to market my only concern as a owner would be long term parts/support.
I'll have to disagree with you there. The 3 wheelers at least took skill to operate. Odysseys/Pilots weren't made in even close to the numbers the side by sides are and they are also single person deals. Visitation at the dunes skyrocketed after the sand fleas came out. Sign on the dotted line and head on out with baby momma and other associated shitbags that haven't grown up in the desert/offroading culture and ruin it for the rest of us.

Why is it that most vehicles out there are side by sides now? It's not because they are the best dune vehicles. Easily financed, mass produced, little to zero skill required to operate, and the ability to carry passengers who also have little to zero skill.

Glamis was a shit show long before SXS!! It was actually the invention of the quad that ruined it any kid mom or fat ass with a cooler on the back could sit on there couch and blast through the dunes. The wild parties at comp hill that got it shut down at night is what forced everyone to go to olds instead.

Not sure what a U4 is but they are going to ruin someone’s day! Just be happy doing what you like doing.

And all you guys can suck it! Get out and ride on two wheels it is the best fastest way around the dunes trails or rocks!!

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Just commenting to keep up with this thread but serious question. What do so many people get worked up on this sight about how people like to spend money and have a good time? The buggy I have now is the slowest POS in the desert but I still smile all the time when I’m in it. My boat is a 25yr old ski boat and I look forward to every trip to the water in it. I’d love a speed car Polaris or can am as long as I’m behind the wheel.

Hope this car makes it to market my only concern as a owner

Ultra 4 is a class of rock buggy with some high speed designed specially for King of Hammers race. Watching people argue about how a sxs is faster on a non rock crawling course with U4s is fucking pure comedy of the neanderthals lol.

That’s like a Supra owners back in the day. Ryan Woon has the fastest silver six speed Supra on a Tuesday at 9:01 am on adddress 123 easy street lol

Glamis was a shit show long before SXS!! It was actually the invention of the quad that ruined it any kid mom or fat ass with a cooler on the back could sit on there couch and blast through the dunes. The wild parties at comp hill that got it shut down at night is what forced everyone to go to olds instead.

Not sure what a U4 is but they are going to ruin someone’s day! Just be happy doing what you like doing.

And all you guys can suck it! Get out and ride on two wheels it is the best fastest way around the dunes trails or rocks!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Wow. You're so emotionally invested in this business venture that you're bordering on anger.

Liberal? Ha ha that's hilarious - you're lashing out making sh!t up - you're the moderator in the dungeon and you've seen hundreds of my conservative posts.

I get that you're all in on the Speed car and I understand that you and others are excited about them. I hope you all get what you're looking for. My only points have been (1) until they're delivering there is no product and, (2) there's no guarantee this business will survive and while people are making money off each other's position in line, the whole thing isn't a business until it is.

There have been much bigger startups that have failed miserably. I hope everyone who has risked their $$$ is rewarded. But I won't be shocked if it goes awry.

Meanwhile, thanks for the entertainment. Other than curiosity about the updates, you're the only reason I come back to this thread.
I’m not angry at all. You and the others seem to be the ones so emotionally invested in other people’s decisions you have to keep telling us over and over how reckless we are. It is frankly not your business, and you and the others know the least about the status of the cars. So stop acting like a leftist and realize you have given your opinion, and what others do is really none of your business.

I’ve said 1000 times the cars will be here when they are ready. I personally don’t care when that is if it means we get a better product. If you read the thread at all you’d know that. Not everyone that has a car reservation shares that sentiment, but overall most everyone is satisfied with the progress thus far.

We are all aware of your 2 points. I’ve outlined the risks of this deal as I see them multiple times. There are very few people worried about your 2 points except for you, who again probably knows the least about the situation. We all know what we are getting into, so why do you keep repeating your concerns with our personal dealings when myself and others keep giving you the same answer?

And to be fair most of your P&G posts are just memes and cut and pastes of articles. Sure you post a lot, but there is not a lot of critical thinking involved in meme making.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
I’m not angry at all. You and the others seem to be the ones so emotionally invested in other people’s decisions you have to keep telling us over and over how reckless we are. It is frankly not your business, and you and the other probably know the least about the status of the cars, so stop acting like a leftist and realize you have given your opinion, and what others do is really none of your business.

"Not your business"
"Really none of your business"

One of the RDP rules: If you don't want anyone's opinion DON'T POST IT HERE

And you really should think about the quality of your posts rather than quantity. Your knee-jerk reactions to any posts in this thread expose you for being far beyond a fan boi - you are THE defender of the Speed Car and business.

1up53q.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
"Not your business"
"Really none of your business"

One of the RDP rules: If you don't want anyone's opinion DON'T POST IT HERE

And you really should think about the quality of your posts rather than quantity. Your knee-jerk reactions to any posts in this thread expose you for being far beyond a fan boi - you are THE defender of the Speed Car and business.

1up53q.jpg
Meme generator to the rescue! Keep giving us your opinions, I’ll happily keep reminding you of how uninformed you are. Enjoy your Sunday morning.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score

Hope this car makes it to market my only concern as a owner would be long term parts/support.

Glamis was a shit show before, but I'm talking more about the visitation numbers. Years ago it was easy to get a spot on Roadrunner on a Thursday or Friday night. Good luck trying that these days. Years ago you could ride up a dune with little concern of running across someone on the other side. Can't do that now.

Side by sides have facilitated greater visitation at our riding areas and brought with them an element that many of us have gone to those same riding areas for years to get away from.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Preaching to the wrong person I prefer 2 wheels. So all you 4 wheel types messed up where I ride( started with the quad). My point is stop bitching and go out and enjoy! I still single ski in Parker because that’s where friends and family boat most but if I really want to run a course or have clean water I know where to go.

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Meme generator to the rescue! Keep giving us your opinions, I’ll happily keep reminding you of how uninformed you are. Enjoy your Sunday morning.

You must enjoy living in the world inside your head. Your problem is when you interact with others. You should post less and think more

DLC

Reaction score
So question for the U4 guys where can I go buy a 2021/2022 U4 brand new? Or do I have to build one….

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
So question for the U4 guys where can I go buy a 2021/2022 U4 brand new? Or do I have to build one….

You can get one built to order or buy a used obsolete couple year old one. They are a constantly evolving platform.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Glamis was a shit show before, but I'm talking more about the visitation numbers. Years ago it was easy to get a spot on Roadrunner on a Thursday or Friday night. Good luck trying that these days. Years ago you could ride up a dune with little concern of running across someone on the other side. Can't do that now.

Side by sides have facilitated greater visitation at our riding areas and brought with them an element that many of us have gone to those same riding areas for years to get away from.
Same thing personal watercraft have done to the lake. People with no idea about the water.

riverroyal

Reaction score

This!!

We stopped going long before the utv explosion.
When i was 18, which is 34 years ago the place was madness at night. Comp was a fucking shit show of fights and fire

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This!!

We stopped going long before the utv explosion.
When i was 18, which is 34 years ago the place was madness at night. Comp was a fucking shit show of fights and fire

Pretty much exactly like the river. People have very selective memories.

I'm not a Glamis lifer by any stretch, but it seems the same as the river, and that is, it is what you make of it. I was there on a holiday weekend, and aside from the 5 places that everyone goes, you could easily find nice riding away from people.

riverroyal

Reaction score
As far as cost upgrades. Im pretty far up there.
But for better quality of ride ive done suspension seats, sway bar links, 32 inch tires and just got springs.
None of this was needed to go faster or be more reliable. I enjoy spending money on it.
This is my 3rd utv over 15 years ish.
My rhino was fun as hell.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Pretty much exactly like the river. People have very selective memories.

I'm not a Glamis lifer by any stretch, but it seems the same as the river, and that is, it is what you make of it. I was there on a holiday weekend, and aside from the 5 places that everyone goes, you could easily find nice riding away from people.
Im 52 and i was in my moms lap with diapers going to glamis. Vw garage made creations.

Saying its easy to get financed can be said for everything.
Cars, homes, businesses, 2 wheelers, jet skis. Boats rv.

Then if you want a toy you cant finance them people just use the house.
Or the PPP biz loan

WhatExit?

Reaction score
As far as cost upgrades. Im pretty far up there.
But for better quality of ride ive done suspension seats, sway bar links, 32 inch tires and just got springs.
None of this was needed to go faster or be more reliable. I enjoy spending money on it.
This is my 3rd utv over 15 years ish.
My rhino was fun as hell.

When you go with larger tires is there a way to compensate on a SxS like when you re-gear a Jeep?

Status
Not open for further replies.