WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Just stirring the pot....

But since he was running the new speed car (with some hand made parts) do you think something wasn't working and instead of getting last place (could hurt sales), why not get Dq'd for something that can spin the issue?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

But since he was running the new speed car (with some hand made parts) do you think something wasn't working and instead of getting last place (could hurt sales), why not get Dq'd for something that can spin the issue?

Very well could be, but also recall his kid was running a Wildcat XX based car in the NA class and did the same thing.

That Speed car they raced, was the mule they debuted a year ago... I'm still scratching my head how it was homologated for the class in the first place, being that they have not been produced yet, but whatever.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

The welded in bolt caused some sort of electrical interference with the GPS

riverroyal

Reaction score
tough to see around the bolt
Screenshot 2021-10-18 150457.png

The welded in bolt caused some sort of electrical interference with the

RCDave

Reaction score
That bolt provides much more metal and surface area for the weld to adhere to, than all that empty space!

lf2

Reaction score
Very well could be, but also recall his kid was running a Wildcat XX based car in the NA class and did the same thing.

That Speed car they raced, was the mule they debuted a year ago... I'm still scratching my head how it was homologated for the class in the first place, being that they have not been produced yet, but whatever.

Actually Max got dq’ed in the turbo class. He broke early in the NA race so they fixed it and entered him in the turbo race.

702sandman

Reaction score
I was told by a friend Robbie called him and basically said he was getting murdered on social media so he at all cost had to get the car to the finish line. We were pitting right next to him and my crew said every lap he pulled in and they checked the car out very thoroughly. They even had to fill the car with a pump from a drum and it took forever every time he fueled. There is no way it should have even raced in our class, it states specifically that there must be I believe 400 cars produced to be eligible to race or something along those lines. Someone could have protested and and got him DQued for that also but it wasn’t really a concern with his performance. So apparently today they decided it was to harsh to DQ him and only assessed a 15 minute penalty per lap for missing the vcp up on the hill side. Total bullshit but it’s better than nothing. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules in my opinion. Last year there was 2 VCP’s this year there was 13 so they definitely made it harder to cut course.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Actually Max got dq’ed in the turbo class. He broke early in the NA race so they fixed it and entered him in the turbo race.

Thanks, I was not paying enough attention. I thought he broke after cutting the course in the NA class.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was told by a friend Robbie called him and basically said he was getting murdered on social media so he at all cost had to get the car to the finish line. We were pitting right next to him and my crew said every lap he pulled in and they checked the car out very thoroughly. They even had to fill the car with a pump from a drum and it took forever every time he fueled. There is no way it should have even raced in our class, it states specifically that there must be I believe 400 cars produced to be eligible to race or something along those lines. Someone could have protested and and got him DQued for that also but it wasn’t really a concern with his performance. So apparently today they decided it was to harsh to DQ him and only assessed a 15 minute penalty per lap for missing the vcp up on the hill side. Total bullshit but it’s better than nothing. Breaking the rules is breaking the rules in my opinion. Last year there was 2 VCP’s this year there was 13 so they definitely made it harder to cut course.
Yea, like I said, still scratching my head on that one. It sounded like they had a new fresh race car build in process for the race, but it clearly was not there so it must not have been completed in time, and they used the "test car" instead and didn't have the fuel fill worked out.

I believe the rules last year was there had to be 500 production cars. Speed had said they were going to do an extended run of 500 2 seaters so they would be legal for competition, after the first 2 batches of 4 seaters at 400 each.

Shouldn't the Speed car have been in Unlimited?

jetur

Reaction score
From the Speed camp- they asked official if Max & Robby could use an alternate route through a wash. Same entry / exit as normal route, no shortened distance. Official said OK, obviously there was a vcp in that wash in the normal route or they missed vcps somewhere else.

Speed car came off the trailer strong, would have pole'd but Robby had to drive through a caution at slow speed during qualifying run. 2/3rds of the pro turbo class didn't finish and these are the best built UTVs on the planet. I think they had a pretty good showing just finishing.

702sandman

Reaction score
Yea, like I said, still scratching my head on that one. It sounded like they had a new fresh race car build in process for the race, but it clearly was not there so it must not have been completed in time, and they used the "test car" instead and didn't have the fuel fill worked out.

I believe the rules last year was there had to be 500 production cars. Speed had said they were going to do an extended run of 500 2 seaters so they would be legal for competition, after the first 2 batches of 4 seaters at 400 each.

yes he would have been totally legal in the unlimited race

Santee_Native

Reaction score

The race car was there they just did not race if for some reason.
You can see it here at the start of this video.

Screen shot of the cars in video

Attachments

• Document1.jpg
    Document1.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Saw it in the drive-thru line at Habit this afternoon. I wanted to hang a u-turn but the wife did not think it was worth it.

SlowMyRoll

Reaction score
Saw it in the drive-thru line at Habit this afternoon. I wanted to hang a u-turn but the wife did not think it was worth it.
I saw Robby at the Habit at the same time. I pulled over, had a few minutes to chat and check out the Speed Car. He even turned the car off and introduced his girlfriend. Seems like a good guy, easy to talk to.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They did last nights update from inside their dealer building (Hastings). They seem to have been doing work to the inside of the building. There are walls and what look to be offices, however I don't know what was in there before.

They said they are testing 10-12 hours a day and looking for qualified techs locally to join the team so they can test 20 hours a day in 2 shifts. They said they aren't leaving Havasu until everything is broken or they are finished with everything they want to test LOL.

They said they found and addressed a couple oiling issues. They also said the race car they built for UTVWC is going to Dakar for a customer, so that is why they didn't race it, and instead raced the test car.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
They did last nights update from inside their dealer building (Hastings). They seem to have been doing work to the inside of the building. There are walls and what look to be offices, however I don't know what was in there before.

They said they are testing 10-12 hours a day and looking for qualified techs locally to join the team so they can test 20 hours a day in 2 shifts. They said they aren't leaving Havasu until everything is broken or they are finished with everything they want to test LOL.

They said they found and addressed a couple oiling issues. They also said the race car they built for UTVWC is going to Dakar for a customer, so that is why they didn't race it, and instead raced the test car.
Someone has big big money for a customer to get a car to race with

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Motorcycles are competitive. UTV's are an expensive cooler.

Prod motorcycle had 30 entires. Turbo UTV had 29. The top motorcycles were faster than the UTVs.

Now all the cars have speed limits. The UTVs cant go over 81 MPH. Dumb.

DWC

Reaction score
Prod motorcycle had 30 entires. Turbo UTV had 29. The top motorcycles were faster than the UTVs.

Now all the cars have speed limits. The UTVs cant go over 81 MPH. Dumb.
That’s damn fast in a golf cart with a cooler and a sound system.
For the record. Even if it did go that fast I’d never try it.
7C85DC4A-345A-4433-9203-7A7AB2D4786B.jpeg

Last edited:

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
If that’s the case, so can a golf cart :)
Maybe. That's pretty fast in one of those things based on how I've seen them come apart in crashes. I've had the U4 up to 110 with a lot left, but backed off because of tire shake...they aren't balanced. I wouldn't like to crash either vehicle at 90, but definitely know which one I'd choose if I had to...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
By the way my old X3 ran up to 90 mph pretty quick on pavement. I ran it into the 80’s on a dirt road.. it would have gone faster but It was pretty “light” at that speed and I didn’t really feel the need to push my luck any further.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe. That's pretty fast in one of those things based on how I've seen them come apart in crashes. I've had the U4 up to 110 with a lot left, but backed off because of tire shake...they aren't balanced. I wouldn't like to crash either vehicle at 90, but definitely know which one I'd choose if I had to...

I wouldn’t just buzz around at 90 in a stock car. A prepped car I’d have no problem with - good cage, belts seats, window nets, etc.

Reactions: DWC
Status
Not open for further replies.