WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Regardless, fair concern that potential buyers may have that 3 lower shock mounts were broken, particularly when that part is revolutionary to the new design. I am wondering if the matlocks ran a larger diameter axle which may have caused some of the problems due to deflection where a stock axle would have plenty of room to deflect? Time will tell

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Regardless, fair concern that potential buyers may have that 3 lower shock mounts were broken, particularly when that part is revolutionary to the new design. I am wondering if the matlocks ran a larger diameter axle which may have caused some of the problems due to deflection where a stock axle would have plenty of room to deflect? Time will tell

The Polaris bean counting continues.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The Polaris bean counting continues.
hard to say because who knows if the matlocks did anything aftermarket. Wayne will also drive way harder than any of us, still shouldn't have 3 of the same component failures in one race

EDIT TO ADD: Saw something on Facebook that the matlocks had pre-production prototypes where this was a known issue that has been corrected for production. @702sandman sounds like you were involved to some degree with pre-production stuff, did you ever see a lower shock mount failure?

702sandman

Reaction score
hard to say because who knows if the matlocks did anything aftermarket. Wayne will also drive way harder than any of us, still shouldn't have 3 of the same component failures in one race

EDIT TO ADD: Saw something on Facebook that the matlocks had pre-production prototypes where this was a known issue that has been corrected for production. @702sandman sounds like you were involved to some degree with pre-production stuff, did you ever see a lower shock mount failure?
We drove and tested the early units , pre production units and 95% ready units and never had a failure. I’ll text Wayne and see what he thinks caused it.

Reactions: DWC

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
We drove and tested the early units , pre production units and 95% ready units and never had a failure. I’ll text Wayne and see what he thinks caused it.
Seems to be a much better source than something I found on facebook lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Agreed.. but the bean counting remains.

Maybe they should have welded a bolt to the shock eyelet and it wouldn’t have failed :)

At the end of the day that is why they test these things. Stuff happens. If it is a problem with the part or supplier, it will likely be resolved.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Ive read the broken parts are from driving the desert at excessive speeds

jesco

Reaction score
In a "post race interview" Wayne said they had shock issues but it wasn't a manufacturing/Polaris issue. Im sure @702sandman will find out what the cause was from him. I do know this, I saw another Team Polaris guy testing in Barstow last week with the new Pro R... and that thing is a BEAST!!! He was running HARD down whoop highway and it was pretty damn impressive.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Another advantage for speed. Why would you add 2 more cylinders and keep same 12 gal fuel tank? I guess no more 🔥. Lol. Speed has 15 gal tank and upgradable to about 30 gal in Diablo for racing.

You’re shilling for Speed and far worse at it than others here. Credibility = 0.00

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Another advantage for speed. Why would you add 2 more cylinders and keep same 12 gal fuel tank? I guess no more 🔥. Lol. Speed has 15 gal tank and upgradable to about 30 gal in Diablo for racing.
I mean until someone does to endurance run we won't know the range. In my experience NA cars sip fuel compared to their turbo brethren. I wouldn't be surprised if 12gal in the pro r and 15 gal in the speed are in the same ballpark for range

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I mean until someone does to endurance run we won't know the range. In my experience NA cars sip fuel compared to their turbo brethren. I wouldn't be surprised if 12gal in the pro r and 15 gal in the speed are in the same ballpark for range
Pro R is probably going to do OK with fuel.

Any turbo car mileage is going to be all over the map and driver dependent. I've seen the same car model on the same trip get 70 miles per tank and 95 miles per tank.. just different drivers.

What's different with the Speed car is overdrive. That is going to extend the range of the car tremendously.

You’re shilling for Speed and far worse at it than others here. Credibility = 0.00
So what I'm hearing is that his credibility is equal to yours.

PlanB

Reaction score
In a "post race interview" Wayne said they had shock issues but it wasn't a manufacturing/Polaris issue. Im sure @702sandman will find out what the cause was from him. I do know this, I saw another Team Polaris guy testing in Barstow last week with the new Pro R... and that thing is a BEAST!!! He was running HARD down whoop highway and it was pretty damn impressive.

Saw some pics posted on another forum that looks like the axle was making contact with the front shock. I think all three shocks that broke were fronts?

That said, five RZR's in the class with one Can Am and the Can Am took first place. 😁

The Pro R looks very impressive for a mostly stock car though...

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Pro R is probably going to do OK with fuel.

Any turbo car mileage is going to be all over the map and driver dependent. I've seen the same car model on the same trip get 70 miles per tank and 95 miles per tank.. just different drivers.

What's different with the Speed car is overdrive. That is going to extend the range of the car tremendously.

So what I'm hearing is that his credibility is equal to yours.

Good point on the overdrive, forgot about that. A bit disingenuous from ole Carl to say that the Speed is better because it has 3 more gallons in the tank, though.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I can get 120 miles+ Out of my 9 gallon tank in my rzr. Most people 98% plus are not going that far between full ups. If I’m racing all have fuel cells anyway so that point doesn’t matter.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I can get 120 miles+ Out of my 9 gallon tank in my rzr. Most people 98% plus are not going that far between full ups. If I’m racing all have fuel cells anyway so that point doesn’t matter.
Agreed, I have gone 134 with my 10gal

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Good point on the overdrive, forgot about that. A bit disingenuous from ole Carl to say that the Speed is better because it has 3 more gallons in the tank, though.

Carl thinks the car is the best. What are ya gonna do?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Mainly because the driver uses the extra power. The BSFC isn't massively different. About 0.05 lbs per hp per hour or 10%.

That means equal hp NA vs Forced Induction in a 200hp motor will use about 10lbs or 1.5 gallons more in an hour out of 15 gallons total, and that is only if you are using all 200hp 100% of the time. 50% duty is more realistic.

NA motors run between 0.450 and 0.500 lbs per hp per hour and Forced induction is between .500 and .550 lbs per hp per hour in gasoline.

1Carl

Reaction score
Yes but you have double motor size, bigger tires, and about 2500+ lbs once accessories are added. So I don’t think you’re going to get a lot of miles out of the tank. It’s already running premium fuel. Also I noticed on the Baja 1000 pro r, had limit straps on suspension. If so you’re not getting all that useable travel.

1Carl

Reaction score
Here’s limit strap at top and still had 3 broken shocks. Lol

Attachments

• 282C8C60-9CE0-4D2B-AE3E-ECAE5898913D.jpeg
    282C8C60-9CE0-4D2B-AE3E-ECAE5898913D.jpeg
    88.3 KB · Views: 105

cakemoto

Reaction score
Maybe next thanksgiving you suckers will have your cars😁😁

1Carl

Reaction score
Hope these new R model welds come with some JB Weld or you might need a new cage. Keep suppliers in business. Lol

Attachments

• CCB25855-0DCE-4866-BB34-57B44592076E.jpeg
    CCB25855-0DCE-4866-BB34-57B44592076E.jpeg
    304.1 KB · Views: 141

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Last time I went to Alamo in my can am I had it in eco mode and was just cruising. I showed up with just under a half tank

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I received an email from Speed tonight telling me the assembly line is close to starting up.

Those must be lies. The people at Speed must not have been listening to the experts here telling them what they won’t be able to do.

Did you forward them this thread to set them straight?

702sandman

Reaction score
In our turbo race cars we average on the low 4.6 to the high side 6.5 dependent on race track and if it’s hard pack or more sandy washes. The shock issue is not a Polaris part that failed. It actually didn’t break lol but I won’t get into details till Wayne talks about it since it is one of his sponsors Parts. It’s a super easy fix and should not be a problem on production cars.

DMF

Reaction score
Those must be lies. The people at Speed must not have been listening to the experts here telling them what they won’t be able to do.

Did you forward them this thread to set them straight?
They want me to configure my car. I don't want to give them anymore money until I see things happening.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
They want me to configure my car. I don't want to give them anymore money until I see things happening.

Wait until they threaten to eliminate you. Might be able to duck them for awhile.

Or just configure the colors and seat sizes on the car, ($0) then buy your options outside the purchase of the car and install them yourself.

DMF

Reaction score
Wait until they threaten to eliminate you. Might be able to duck them for awhile.

Or just configure the colors and seat sizes on the car, ($0) then buy your options outside the purchase of the car and install them yourself.
That's my plan. Is it worth the $150 upgrade from the rugged to pci on the rg model. I'm thinking a spare tire as well.

riverroyal

Reaction score
more money for something that doesn't have a delivery date? I have a bridge.........

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That's my plan. Is it worth the $150 upgrade from the rugged to pci on the rg model. I'm thinking a spare tire as well.

That intercom deal is like a religious debate. Yes, they have you by the balls with the spare tire deal. Where else are you gonna get a Speed tire and OEM speed wheel? It is Polaris bolt pattern, but you might as well just get the spare with the car. The cost of the spare isn't horrible, but hold down is a rip off at $125. I bought it but am probably going to make a custom one like I did for my RZR.

Keep in mind the shipping for things like the roof rack, light bars, and windshield will be a lot. If you are considering those, buying those items after the fact, it may not be cost effective. If you can get to the Havasu dealer, I would assume at some point you can just get them there and forgo the shipping.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I would definitely buy the trail kit.. that’s worth it. I think you have to buy the break in kit to maintain warranty (better ask them)

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What's the trailer kit?

Trail kit. Comes with the spare, spare tire holder, spare axle, spare tire rod, a couple other pieces and a jack. The jack may be optional.

Break in kit comes with a belt, filter, and all fluids for the first service.

Riverryder

Reaction score
so being that these things are meant to go in the desert and get trashed. the guys that did the run from havasu to primm. a couple people broke stuff i read. being that they have 10000 cars to deliver seems like they wont have extra parts laying around for you guys to order? say you break something is there going to be another huge wait on getting parts to fix the car? or did robby take readily available parts that are already made to put car together besides the motor and body?

DMF

Reaction score
so being that these things are meant to go in the desert and get trashed. the guys that did the run from havasu to primm. a couple people broke stuff i read. being that they have 10000 cars to deliver seems like they wont have extra parts laying around for you guys to order? say you break something is there going to be another huge wait on getting parts to fix the car? or did robby take readily available parts that are already made to put car together besides the motor and body?
When I spoke to Speed this morning, I specifically asked this question. They said they have allotted 10% of all manufactured hard parts for spare parts. Meaning, any part to build an actual car will have a 10% spare inventory for customers to order replacement parts from day 1 of delivered cars. Any accessories like, light bars, bumpers, mirrors, heated seats, storage boxes, etc will most likely be hard to get after your car is delivered.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
When I spoke to Speed this morning, I specifically asked this question. They said they have allotted 10% of all manufactured hard parts for spare parts. Meaning, any part to build an actual car will have a 10% spare inventory for customers to order replacement parts from day 1 of delivered cars. Any accessories like, light bars, bumpers, mirrors, heated seats, storage boxes, etc will most likely be hard to get after your car is delivered.

Based on this it might be a good idea for you guys to get ready to place orders for parts. In fact one could buy parts and resell them at a hefty profit down the road 🤩

Status
Not open for further replies.