WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

attitude

Reaction score
@LOF, why is Carl saying he paid 56k for the car? At least that’s what I took from the adding up on the right of the build sheet.

Also, the little part of the live stream I was able to watch they said they were trying to make sure their power was on point on the dyno because their car is bigger than the competition, do we know the dimensions and weight yet? The Pro R seems like a massive car but the Speed doesn’t look any bigger?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you are financing - they can lock in the financing 30 days before delivery. If paying cash, 30 day notice with payment due on delivery. They can’t force cash buyers to pay in full 30 days in advance. They can force cash buyer to have funds verified before delivery (no check on day of, check needs to be submitted and cleared before car leave lot).

for direct buyers - where will delivery be, that is the question I have.

Delivery - Havasu, Anaheim, or direct to you for additional fees is what was said earlier.

Heard mentioned once that they may work with some of their dealers to use them as delivery hubs as well.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@LOF, why is Carl saying he paid 56k for the car? At least that’s what I took from the adding up on the right of the build sheet.

Also, the little part of the live stream I was able to watch they said they were trying to make sure their power was on point on the dyno because their car is bigger than the competition, do we know the dimensions and weight yet? The Pro R seems like a massive car but the Speed doesn’t look any bigger?
If someone bought every single option available you could get the price that high I guess. Sand tire package, all the lights, stereo, spare parts, jacks, storage, winch, windsheild, tools, etc etc etc.

Pro R is verily likely heavier than the Speed by a couple hundred pounds. It is for sure longer and taller. Speed is a couple inches wider.

The speed car is probably going to be 200-300 lbs heavier than a comparable 4 seat Can Am or RZR.

A Turbo S or 4 seat Can Am is about 1800 lbs. A Pro R is 2400! Speed will land in the middle somewhere.

I missed some of that part but think people were getting a bent out of shape about some of the at the wheels dyno numbers they had shown. Dyno through a CVT is kinda wonky. And at the wheels as as we all know are lower than flywheel. Again I missed the actual question he was addressing.

attitude

Reaction score
If someone bought every single option available you could get the price that high I guess. Sand tire package, all the lights, stereo, spare parts, jacks, storage, winch, windsheild, tools, etc etc etc.

Pro R is verily likely heavier than the Speed by a couple hundred pounds. It is for sure longer and taller. Speed is a couple inches wider.

The speed car is probably going to be 200-300 lbs heavier than a comparable 4 seat Can Am or RZR.

A Turbo S or 4 seat Can Am is about 1800 lbs. A Pro R is 2400! Speed will land in the middle somewhere.

I missed some of that part but think people were getting a bent out of shape about some of the at the wheels dyno numbers they had shown. Dyno through a CVT is kinda wonky. And at the wheels as as we all know are lower than flywheel. Again I missed the actual question he was addressing.
Got it👍 I didn’t hear them say any of the new dyno numbers, just talking about how torque and power cross at 5225 or whatever RPM they said. Robby also said their transmission is bigger than the competition will eat more power.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
My only interest in Robbie and his Speed Cars endeavor is seeing how this all plays out relative to me keeping or removing the RG initials from my Wildcat XX 😁 Oh and also to find out eventually if he's going to include Wildcat XX servicing at his LHC location. 👍

I am surprised that none of the RDP doubters has raised the suspicion bar a notch or two higher due to Todd Romano's BS Degree from ASU being Psychology o_O
Hmmmmm, that in addition to his well documented Marketing Wizardry, well I think I need not suggest more. ;)

Pretty sure he started Dragon Fire and sold it for a bazillion

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
First thing I have read that I find a little shocking.. I am surprised they haven’t procured or at least been in advanced discussion with both rigged and pci by now?
At the Sand show PCI already had the Speed radio & intercom setup in their booth and told me they had received their first P.O. and were starting production.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
At the Sand show PCI already had the Speed radio & intercom setup in their booth and told me they had received their first P.O. and were starting production.

The stock factory setup would be rigged (without the upgrade?)

I was guessing he was talking about a friend that worked there.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Is this thing really going to be that much better that the Pro R? I have seen videos and they are absolutely amazing, from the dash to suspension, etc,etc.

I can only imagine what Can AM comes with.
I think so. The Speed UTV should be a superior car in terms of design and build quality. Speed is building these cars to fill the niche of desert racers/experienced drivers to have a production car as close to a race car as possible.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

The power connection for the radio and intercom come in all production cars regardless if you order it or not. Any accessory you order in advance of car shipment comes installed.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The car is wired for most options from the factory. Entire stereo wiring is already in there for sub, amp and door speakers. You just buy the kit, and bolt it in.

Same with Intercom, it is a 5 minute install, plug and play. Same with lights and whips, etc.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yes base is Rugged, there is a couple hundred uplift for PCI.

HCP3

Reaction score
My only interest in Robbie and his Speed Cars endeavor is seeing how this all plays out relative to me keeping or removing the RG initials from my Wildcat XX 😁 Oh and also to find out eventually if he's going to include Wildcat XX servicing at his LHC location. 👍

I am surprised that none of the RDP doubters has raised the suspicion bar a notch or two higher due to Todd Romano's BS Degree from ASU being Psychology o_O
Hmmmmm, that in addition to his well documented Marketing Wizardry, well I think I need not suggest more. ;)

Was that the guy in the leather jacket? He seemed like an odd candidate to present a highly anticipated product update.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Weird how autocorrect can change one letter and it changed the entire intent of my post.. lol

I am pretty sure the cars (originally) came factory with a rUgged radio setup. You could pay 150.00 to upgrade to pci..

I paid the 150.

So what I was saying is I was thinking his buddy worked for rUgged.. and the car came with rugged. Not the car was “rigged” for a radio.

It was originally coming with one from the factory?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
RG & Speed Car nothing to do with flipping. 2 separate transactions. Somebody mentioned “Margin Call”, for sure Margin Call a bitch and the real deal,you gotta pay up or lose.

Taboma

Reaction score
Was that the guy in the leather jacket? He seemed like an odd candidate to present a highly anticipated product update.
Honestly, I wouldn't know the guy if I tripped over him. 😁 I was just checking out his "Shrink" bios and figured I could get our man rmarion rolling with a conspiracy story just to juice up the thread a little. Getting a little how they say, boring, with LOF answering the same questions he did 80 pages ago. 🤣

I lost multiples more money 20 + years ago as an investor in two start up automobile companies, then even Carl, Dave and LOF combined would at this point if Robbie and Todd ran off to the Caymans. 🤣

Taboma

Reaction score
Relax orange man, I was just trying to change the tempo a bit by lighting off a psychological conspiracy thriller to liven up this thread.
Ole Dave thinks I'm being serious and doubting Todd's mastery of the human conscious, when I'm giving him master baiter Kudos.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Relax orange man, I was just trying to change the tempo a bit by lighting off a psychological conspiracy thriller to liven up this thread.
Ole Dave thinks I'm being serious and doubting Todd's mastery of the human conscious, when I'm giving him master baiter Kudos.
Once again.. Huh?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Honestly, I wouldn't know the guy if I tripped over him. 😁 I was just checking out his "Shrink" bios and figured I could get our man rmarion rolling with a conspiracy story just to juice up the thread a little. Getting a little how they say, boring, with LOF answering the same questions he did 80 pages ago. 🤣

I lost multiples more money 20 + years ago as an investor in two start up automobile companies, then even Carl, Dave and LOF combined would at this point if Robbie and Todd ran off to the Caymans. 🤣

How dare you talk about 2 startup automotive companies that went belly up in this thread! You know the "rules"

What 2 companies are you referring to?

Taboma

Reaction score
How dare you talk about 2 startup automotive companies that went belly up in this thread! You know the "rules"

What 2 companies are you referring to?
Oh I can feel the chill way over here, despite not being negative about Speed.

I hadn't realized before this morning who Todd was, I'd just heard the name mentioned, but I hadn't made the connection.
If I had a car ordered, which I don't, because I don't need a car of that level, I'd feel far more confident knowing he was not only onboard, but a major player, if not THE major player in this business endeavor. I'd trust his business savvy, and certainly marketing abilities, far, more than Robbie's. With their combined talents, I think they make a great team. I'd drop the bucks for one if I had any need for it.

The two Companies --- Well, despite it being a long time ago. There's still friendships involved, so that dirty laundry needs to remain in the hamper, as you know, the mighty RDP reaches far and wide. In both cases it was bad timing, like two years late into a rapidly evolving game, that and really bad marketing sunk those ships.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh I can feel the chill way over here, despite not being negative about Speed.

I hadn't realized before this morning who Todd was, I'd just heard the name mentioned, but I hadn't made the connection.
If I had a car ordered, which I don't, because I don't need a car of that level, I'd feel far more confident knowing he was not only onboard, but a major player, if not THE major player in this business endeavor. I'd trust his business savvy, and certainly marketing abilities, far, more than Robbie's. With their combined talents, I think they make a great team. I'd drop the bucks for one if I had any need for it.

The two Companies --- Well, despite it being a long time ago. There's still friendships involved, so that dirty laundry needs to remain in the hamper, as you know, the mighty RDP reaches far and wide. In both cases it was bad timing, like two years late into a rapidly evolving game, that and really bad marketing sunk those ships.

Todd runs the entire business side of Speed UTV, RG runs design and R&D.

As you rightly said earlier, this was stuff covered 80 pages ago. Hold onto your jock strap and get ready to be scolded for investing in failed businesses and taking a risk. 😂.

Taboma

Reaction score
Todd runs the entire business side of Speed UTV, RG runs design and R&D.

As you rightly said earlier, this was stuff covered 80 pages ago. Hold onto your jock strap and get ready to be scolded for investing in failed businesses and taking a risk. 😂.
I, or I should say We, since my wife had a couple of "Sure things" during the Dot-Com era that flamed out, were a lot more ballsy with our $$ 25 years ago. Neither of us were every gamblers, between us we haven't dropped but maybe a grand in Vegas or Tahoe in our entire lives.
I guess we were just confident at the time that worse case, we'd recover and best case we'd be rich --- well, we tried. 🤣 But hey, that's living man. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I, or I should say We, since my wife had a couple of "Sure things" during the Dot-Com era that flamed out, were a lot more ballsy with our $$ 25 years ago. Neither of us were every gamblers, between us we haven't dropped but maybe a grand in Vegas or Tahoe in our entire lives.
I guess we were just confident at the time that worse case, we'd recover and best case we'd be rich --- well, we tried. 🤣 But hey, that's living man. 👍

I have a couple friends that invested a lot with this broom dude from your neck of the woods. Guy got on Shark Tank a couple years later after he burned through $3m of the investors money.. I watched the pitch when it came out, and it was a bomb. I then saw that the pitch was voted one of the worst Shark Tank pitches ever. 😂 Poor bastards never saw a dime.

You too can buy a $40 broom and dustpan if you want to.

WISP Cleaning Set – Angled Broom with Clip-on Foot Operated Dustpan - Mini Whisk Handheld Brush/Dust Pan Combo – Long Telescopic Handle, Electrostatic Bristles - Traps Dust, Pet Hair (Blue) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XWL978C/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_M9MCGX12G9PRZ1WKE8Q9

1Carl

Reaction score

I paid more than that as I paid a premium markup to buy Master #35. I am not the original owner.

1Carl

Reaction score
I was chatting with guy yesterday on messenger. He was looking to buy my car but didn’t want to pay. He had Can Am race team and they were switching over to speed cars. He said he had 3 cars preordered but we couldn’t work out a deal. I think more race teams will be switching once these cars start coming out. In last weekly update a few days ago, RG said if you wanted to make a competitors car as good as speed you would need to spend about $90K.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
If you are financing - they can lock in the financing 30 days before delivery. If paying cash, 30 day notice with payment due on delivery. They can’t force cash buyers to pay in full 30 days in advance. They can force cash buyer to have funds verified before delivery (no check on day of, check needs to be submitted and cleared before car leave lot).

for direct buyers - where will delivery be, that is the question I have.

Seems to me they are free to set the T&C of purchase any way they see fit.

Why cant they force cash buyers to pay 30 days out if thats what their t&c calls for?

Financing becomes an interesting lock for both parties.
Once you lock financing - the payment starts on the day the paperwork says - car or no car.
Once Robbie accepts payment he has X days to deliver the car to end user before he is in breach with the finance company and or client

(Im not saying he'd do this- but its happened at dealerships)
This can result in a prioritization of delivery thats out of whack with what a cash buyer has been told. Getting out of whack with your finance co jeopardizes multiple sales.
"Thumping" one cash buyers delivery day becomes the goto remedy if something slows down.

As the guy with the coolest razor here (haha lets throwdown) I'm eager to see this new toy on the market.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was chatting with guy yesterday on messenger. He was looking to buy my car but didn’t want to pay. He had Can Am race team and they were switching over to speed cars. He said he had 3 cars preordered but we couldn’t work out a deal. I think more race teams will be switching once these cars start coming out. In last weekly update a few days ago, RG said if you wanted to make a competitors car as good as speed you would need to spend about $90K.

Honestly I am thinking about getting a 2 seat El Diablo and going racing in the new Super Stock class with it. It would save $15k ish over building a Can Am to similar specs.

Stock cage already BITD legal, already has race seats, already on 32s, already has 14 gallon tank (15 gallon class maximum) already has internal bypass shocks, suspension parts are solid. width is already at class maximum.

It will still need prep work, but for $32k you are way ahead out of the gate.

Reactions: DLC

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Honestly I am thinking about getting a 2 seat El Diablo and going racing in the new Super Stock class with it. It would save $15k ish over building a Can Am to similar specs.

Stock cage already BITD legal, already has race seats, already on 32s, already has 14 gallon tank (15 gallon class maximum) already has internal bypass shocks, suspension parts are solid. width is already at class maximum.

^ Feeding^ this thread with Prime Rib on a Saturday Evening. 👍. :)

HCP3

Reaction score

That should be fun to watch. A bunch of amateurs in a spec car class.

DLC

Reaction score

Dude what the Hell are you saying…. We said no Disclosure…….

now the storyline is out

bentprops

Reaction score
Well thats good to know seeing how i paid for mine over a year ago.
4000k deposit x 15000 orders, hes sitting on 60 million not counting accessories.

Dirty Air

Reaction score
4000k deposit x 15000 orders, hes sitting on 60 million not counting accessories.

This statement is not even remotely close to accurate. First off, not everybody had to put up a 4k deposit, some are as little as $1500 (depending on car model and accessories) and that's only on the direct orders from Speed (approximately 5k orders) . The other 10-12k orders are for the dealer network and I am very sure they didn't have to put up deposits.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
i figure an avg deposit of 2500-3000 for 4000 cars. rest are dealers with no deposits.

he raked in 10 mil to do this "project" im sure funds are low for this level of R&D at this point. However showing he raised 10 mil he WILL get any bank to back him and or equity investors. So capitol to run and get the business off the ground is a non issue at this point.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

If he had three cars preordered why would he want to buy one of your crazy priced slots?

I have numbers similar to yours that I’d let go for a ton less than 80k?? And they are fully loaded as well. I’m sure I’m not alone in that thought process.

Hell 15k to me right bow and you can have 113 and it’s got just about anything and everything you could want.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I got a two seater for that exact reason. 😍. I have two 4’s one which will be sold, and then 1 two seater to go racing with friends

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Only the individual orders have paid deposits, not dealer orders.

Status
Not open for further replies.