WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Pretty sure he said that his team is no longer doing any racing until the speed cars are done. So this is a good sign?
They just raced Parker didn’t they. I believe in his kids car DNF

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Tonight’s updates -

Went over the production front bulkheads. All pivot pivot and threaded attachment points have steel inserts into the cast aluminum bulkhead.No U joints in the driveshafts, instead they are using same tech they used in NASCAR to build cambered rear ends in straight axles.

Chassis is 100% done and off to production

They revised the windsheild and are finalizing a few other accessories.

Out of the near 300 items they had to revise coming out of Sand Sports, they are down to 4 they need to finish.

RG said the customer response and deposits have allowed them to build a much better car. He said they put all those dollars back into development.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I watched episode 88 this morning. My assessment of delivery still stands at September time frame. They are making changes to tooling (like bulkheads) plumbing, wiring, windshield, and a lot more. These changes have to go through proto runs, the. Production proto. Then approval. That takes months in some cases (major tooling on casting). I think in the back of their minds they want this released by sand show 22’ I believe that will happen as well

1Carl

Reaction score
Well I’m glad I’m still waiting on my Speed UTV and didn’t sell to buy an R model. Lol

Attachments

• B0E73D79-3337-46A6-9DCC-CF9496F9F5E5.png
    B0E73D79-3337-46A6-9DCC-CF9496F9F5E5.png
    3 MB · Views: 182

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t see this as any better than the people bashing on speed..

Anyone can break anything if ya try hard enough

Sure but just wait for the uproar from the peanut gallery when you admit had to air up the tires on your Speed car.... let alone break anything :)

Nordie

Reaction score
Sure but just wait for the uproar from the peanut gallery when you admit had to air up the tires on your Speed car.... let alone break anything :)

Yeah but calling a car that hasn't been in the publics hands yet superior to something that is in the public hands, well it's pretty pointless. That's probably why when any little thing happens to a speed car people are going to talk shit.

You should know this already, you're the smartest guy on RDP, this has been happening on forums forever.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah but calling a car that hasn't been in the publics hands yet superior to something that is in the public hands, well it's pretty pointless. That's probably why when any little thing happens to a speed car people are going to talk shit.

You should know this already, you're the smartest guy on RDP, this has been happening on forums forever.

People are free to say whatever they want.

However talking shit on a product or business while not knowing even a small subset of the facts around the product or business model is equally pointless. As you said, the final product it is not in the public’s hands to judge it yet.

It is blatantly obvious by this thread that people hold Polaris, and Speed to different standards however. People seem to accept and expect failures from Polaris because they have a long history of botched rollouts, product delays, recalls, etc. but seem to expect total perfection from Speed.

Or they don’t have a SXS at all :)

Nordie

Reaction score

However talking shit on a product or business while not knowing even a small subset of the facts around the product or business model is equally pointless. As you said, the final product it is not in the public’s hands to judge it yet.

It is blatantly obvious by this thread that people hold Polaris, and Speed to different standards however. People seem to accept and expect failures from Polaris because they have a long history of botched rollouts, product delays, recalls, etc. but seem to expect total perfection from Speed.

I think most people are just taking shots at you. I know that you're fully aware of that.

I still stand by what I said 500 pages ago, I hope they succeed and I have no skin in the game. I might own a SxS someday, but have always preferred 2 wheels.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think most people are just taking shots at you. I know that you're fully aware of that.

I still stand by what I said 500 pages ago, I hope they succeed and I have no skin in the game. I might own a SxS someday, but have always preferred 2 wheels.

Watching them go though all these machinations and hiding behind a UTV just to fight with me is part of the fun :)

I also stand by what I said 500 pages ago. The car will be late, and there is risk in any new product. This product looks pretty cool with features not in any other SXS and represents and pretty good value when they deliver on it. That still holds true today.

BRONCOBOY

Reaction score

I dont think people expect total perfection from speed but they do expect a car!

Done-it-again

Reaction score
And speed owners don’t think their cars are going to break. Lol. People will find the week link and stuff will break.

RG taking more time right now will NOT prevent the speed car from breaking.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
And speed owners don’t think their cars are going to break. Lol. People will find the week link and stuff will break.

RG taking more time right now will NOT prevent the speed car from breaking.

I don’t know where anyone said the car will be unbreakable.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I don’t know where anyone said the car will be unbreakable.
You have mentioned it before saying. “If it’s taking longer to make it right. Im good with that”. That’s suggesting the longer RG takes the more bullet proof it it will be.

He can come out with it in the next 4-5 months and will be the same if it comes out in 6-12 months.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You have mentioned it before saying. “If it’s taking longer to make it right. Im good with that”. That’s suggesting the longer RG takes the more bullet proof it it will be.

He can come out with it in the next 4-5 months and will be the same if it comes out in 6-12 months.

LOL. Explain to me again how that is saying it is not gonna break ever? We are both smart enough to know what you claimed and what I actually said are not the same thing.

Your premise must be why automakers don’t make refinements to cars year after year...oh wait they do that constantly, year after year. As do Polaris Can Am and the rest.

The more R&D they do, and changes they make from that R&D, the better the car will be. That goes for everyone making SXS, or anything else. If Speed came out with the car 6 months ago, the car they have today is much better and more polished by leaps and bounds.

If they take another 6 months working on it, it would be better still. As they have said in the weekly releases, they are continuing to work on the car, and aside from a handful of remaining items they are working for the initial run of cars, all the other refinements they have made are going into the next generation cars to come down the line.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
No, but your buddy Carl sure is implying it with his desperate sales tactic of repetitively bashing the competition.

As your hanger-on @WhatExit? knows, anyone is free to post anything they want.

Based on your desperate sales tactic premise, can we agree that repeatedly bashing Speed is just as desperate of a anti-sales tactic?

When I break my car all of the dingleberries hanging in this this thread will magically show up to bash the car and me. I’m sure I can count on you then for the same consistent stance :)

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So I watched one of the Speed Shows out at the river. My friends bought a reservation for one? If that's what you call it?

I was embarrassed for the guy. He clearly had no Clue what he was talking about. The thing that Really struck me was him saying...

There is way more to this than I thought there would be (or some shit like that).

RG bit off a shit ton more than he could ever chew. It was sad to watch. 😔

Hope he eventually pulls this off.

1Carl

Reaction score
I just put up some of my cars for sale. I have too many. I still have more besides these.

Attachments

• BE24A5AB-E4F7-4AE2-AF7A-129E8BC78C0E.png
    BE24A5AB-E4F7-4AE2-AF7A-129E8BC78C0E.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 119

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Carl has 40k plus tied up in money so far on these cars (only ones shown) the #35 car is 70k plus all said and done

Give me a fucking break!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So I watched one of the Speed Shows out at the river. My friends bought a reservation for one? If that's what you call it?

I was embarrassed for the guy. He clearly had no Clue what he was talking about. The thing that Really struck me was him saying...

There is way more to this than I thought there would be (or some shit like that).

This is my consensus too

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Carl has 40k plus tied up in money so far on these cars (only ones shown) the #35 car is 70k plus all said and done

Give me a fucking break!
Hey, at least it’s down from the original asking price of best offer over $80k! “He knows what he has.” 😂 😂 😂

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
Man if he would’ve stuck with the idea of stretching the 2 seat xx or similar he would’ve really made Polaris/can am look bad 2 years ago!! Then he could’ve put all his time and energy into the car he’s got going now and really hyped it up with a couple years of race results and customer feed back. Now that’s all going to start with a 100% new car that’s going to be built way over budget and probably make the non deposit/second run of cars priced out of the market. I hope not as I still want one in three years.

6DA7C3FC-8DB0-4687-B15B-46F37C8D24EA.jpeg
This thing taken from the 1st post of this thread would be all you see at glamis or anywhere in the southwest if he had made it! I would’ve had this in my garage instead of my RZR!!!

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Hey, at least it’s down from the original asking price of best offer over $80k! “He knows what he has.” 😂 😂 😂

The problem is, so does everyone else.😁

Speed has already announced changes that need to be made to the cars but won't be on the first runs of production.

How many runs is anyone's guess at this stage.

That alone, in my mind, should kill any excessive value of the early cars.

If Speed keeps making comments like that, 1Carl may be in for a bit of an awakening on his prices

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

What no one cares to remember is that this went from making several hundred cars a year to multiple thousands because of consumer demand. Of course there will be challenges scaling that, and everything that goes with it.

I’d rather them admit their challenges and watch them overcome them as they have for them past 2 years as opposed to sitting in silence and delivering a car with no customer input.

The alternative is just waiting for your thing to be delivered. Would you rather have been able to sit in, touch and feel the product you’ve been waiting for? Or just get the call to pick it up.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Speed has already announced changes that need to be made to the cars but won't be on the first runs of production.

If Speed keeps making comments like that, 1Carl may be in for a bit of an awakening on his prices

That is like saying I won’t buy a 2022 truck because the 2023 will be better. That does not seem to stop anyone. It does not stop SXS buyers every year either.

It is obvious the cars coming out in another 18 months will have improvements.. so will the Pro Rs out in 18 months.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score

Its the new Bitcoin. Come on man!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Man if he would’ve stuck with the idea of stretching the 2 seat xx or similar he would’ve really made Polaris/can am look bad 2 years ago!! Then he could’ve put all his time and energy into the car he’s got going now and really hyped it up with a couple years of race results and customer feed back. Now that’s all going to start with a 100% new car that’s going to be built way over budget and probably make the non deposit/second run of cars priced out of the market. I hope not as I still want one in three years.

View attachment 1084113 This thing taken from the 1st post of this thread would be all you see at glamis or anywhere in the southwest if he had made it! I would’ve had this in my garage instead of my RZR!!!

Production of that car was not scalable and Textron didn’t think there was demand to make it. Now Speed has more reservations for its first model year than Textron Wildcats in existence.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
That is like saying I won’t buy a 2022 truck because the 2023 will be better. That does not seem to stop anyone. It does not stop SXS buyers every year either.

It is obvious the cars coming out in another 18 months will have improvements.. so will the Pro Rs out in 18 months.
Aaaannd that’s why he should’ve released a car 2 years ago!

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score

The difference is, for better or worse depending on a person's viewpoint, manufacturers don't generally tell the public that they have identified issues on presold cars that they are going to let slide and only address on vehicles being made at a later time in production.

I'm not saying the issues are large, Robbie didn't specifically identify them, I'm just saying people are now aware that if they're willing to wait a bit, they can have a car that's had fixes done to identified issues.

Not a great thing for those who bought multiple spots and are hoping to capitalize on them

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The difference is, for better or worse depending on a person's viewpoint, manufacturers don't generally tell the public that they have identified issues on presold cars that they are going to let slide and only address on vehicles being made at a later time in production.

I'm not saying the issues are large, Robbie didn't specifically identify them, I'm just saying people are now aware that if they're willing to wait a bit, they can have a car that's has fixes done to identified issues.

Not a great thing for those who bought multiple spots and are hoping to capitalize on them
He didn’t say there were issues that weren’t addressed, he said they have identified improvements and refinements for the next gen cars.

Anyone buying anything knows that the products down the road will be better and faster. It happens with cars, off road toys, phones etc. it does not stop people from buying this years iPhones, new C8 corvettes, Broncos, Pro R RZRs, etc when it is a certainty there will be better, faster models out later.

If you think that is going to diminish demand for these in the fall, you are living in a fantasy.

You had people in this thread whining that RG is trying to make the car too perfect and taking too long, now you are worried the car is not perfect enough and there will be no demand for these in the fall.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
What no one cares to remember is that this went from making several hundred cars a year to multiple thousands because of consumer demand. Of course there will be challenges scaling that, and everything that goes with it.

I’d rather them admit their challenges and watch them overcome them as they have for them past 2 years as opposed to sitting in silence and delivering a car with no customer input.

The alternative is just waiting for your thing to be delivered. Would you rather have been able to sit in, touch and feel the product you’ve been waiting for? Or just get the call to pick it up.

If you're asking me...

I know better than to buy a (let's say) a first model release of any new vehicle.

Buying the first edition of a whole new vehicle, period?

That's a huge bag of nope for me.

And if they are asking for my input, all that does is convince me they really don't know what the fuck they are doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.