specs say up to 300 hp but I don’t think that is $32,000

video on the link with the specs

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Not yet but that looks nice
specs say up to 300 hp but I don’t think that is $32,000

video on the link with the specs

You can buy the key for a dollar and it just voids the warranty.. The warranty is I think 3 or 6 months anyways.. I plan on getting the key. Lol

I put a deposit on one at the sand sports show when I was buying my can am.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
When do they start delivery? Been hearing about it for a while

Reactions: DLC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
They are building their own engine, their own shocks? Its hard to believe this wont take years. And is all of this coming out of the small shop in Anaheim that they also base the racing program out of or have they expanded?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
They are building their own engine, their own shocks? Its hard to believe this wont take years. And is all of this coming out of the small shop in Anaheim that they also base the racing program out of or have they expanded?

These questions are why I didn't put down a deposit at the sand show. There was so little info then - 1 Liter engine car with 200 HP, 300HP car would have a 1.3L engine, what options come with it, what don't etc. The prototypes looks really cool. I crawled all over it at the Sand Show. I am with RD, I'd probably buy the key :)

At the time I did not think the 1.3L full optioned 300 HP+ car would be $32K. I still think it will be delivered later than advertised, and still suspect they will jack up the final price.

But selling you a race gas tune for 300HP out of the standard 999 CC turbo engine for 1$ and voiding your warranty... I can see as plausible for $32K.

It sounds like these "launch edition" cars will come with some upgrades that are on the prototype - Seats, roof, etc. which for the $32K price makes them a good deal. It a turn key package for the price.

Suspension seems to be Wildcat XX based, so it is not like a clean sheet of paper.

They are still taking deposits online, so I'm still reasonably confident I could get in line to get one.. especially with the impending recession - which i'm sure will delay production.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Last edited:
Reactions: TPC

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score

From the videos I saw they’re doing it out of his “old” Nascsr shop in North Carolina. Said he tapped into all his NASCAR and off road resources / engineer friends for input. I really like the rear / front arms being the same with regards to left and right, and the shocks all being the same size (F/R valving is different) Looks really promising.. can’t wait to see one.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I talked to Robby pretty extensively at the SSSS before I put down the deposit.

This deal is being backed by an extremely wealthy Chinese business man. They will he produced in a giant Mfg facility over there that is pretty state of the art. He was showing me pics of the factory and the robots etc.. I can’t remember how big it was now but I was to say 3 million sqft? Maybe more.

engineering and prototypes will be done here I’m sure and after that production will move over there.

I haven’t been following up on the videos but will
Watch those today.

DLC

Reaction score
Being that it is almost a prototype production run, he could just shut down or move onto a different design or even move onto another project direction...
then your kind stuckwith out any real support

DLC

Reaction score
Although I sure hope is extremely successful!

that would be totally bad ass! 300hp or even close to that, 120“ WB and AIr Conditioning Just need a Team Warranty SUPPORT!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Been watching the weekly product releases from RG. I’m going to throw down my deposit. Price on the LE goes up June 1, and the $32K only gets you the base car, LE goes up to $37K on June 1.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

jesco

Reaction score
These cars are going to be pretty badass, he's thought of EVERYTHING.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
These cars are going to be pretty badass, he's thought of EVERYTHING.

Yep. Crossing my fingers there are no major problems or flaws with manufacturing on the first thousand of them or so. I like the weekly engineering live streams they are doing, that is really driving interest and sales for them.

I wasn’t really a believer at the sand show last year, but seeing their progress, design and the thought put into it changed my mind.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So my can am is going to be going up for sale soon as my Speed car will be coming to fruition. :D

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So my can am is going to be going up for sale soon as my Speed car will be coming to fruition. :D

Haha. You getting the RG or staying with the LE edition? I’m gonna roll my own radio setup as I don’t want the PTT and headset jacks in the dash center stack, and I don’t want the suede seats and suede steering wheel. So I am sticking with the LE. I would like the window nets for the rear seats though. That is really the only RG feature I’d want.

Last edited:

37 boat

Reaction score
Master unit #538, 4 seater #456 here. Might keep my Can am until I know the Speed works as it should. Unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse...:)
Can am.jpg

LBZRCKS

Reaction score
#347 I did the RG upgrade, at first I wasn't that into the orange but that latest rendering looks pretty good to me.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The test configurator is up!

At this moment I am between these designs. Same colors or color fade, just inverted or tone on tone with ghost graphics. I think I like the orange to red fade better than the straight orange. Plastics are going to be grey. Leaning towards the first one, but I have a couple months to decide.

I generally don't like multi spoke wheels, but I like the 13 spoke wheels better than the flat face 6 hole wheel option. The 6 spoke reminds me of the old Porsche phone dial wheels.

I thought I heard Robby mention you will be able to do the speed logo in a couple different colors.. I'd like to have the logo black.

Thoughts?

speed 1.JPG
speed 2.JPG

speed 3.JPG

speed 4.JPG

speed 5.JPG

speed 6.JPG

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The grey one three up from the bottom

I like that one and the first one. Don't copy me :)

Sounds like they will be reaching out to you in a month or so, you are one of the first 400.

Did you get the RG edition or the LE? I'm going to roll my own intercom/radio setup and save some coin... I don't want the PTT buttons on the dash and want the dash setup a little better laid out so I can mount a Lowrance or iPad high on the dash.

I will probably get the windsheild, front light bar and chase light bar as options.

I'd like just rear window nets for the kids, but I dont know if that will be an option. I don't need all 4 for $1500.

Last edited:

yz450mm

Reaction score
If I had to pick from one of those, I like the third one down (mostly Orange).

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I like that one and the first one. Don't copy me :)

Sounds like they will be reaching out to you in a month or so, you are one of the first 400.

Did you get the RG edition or the LE? I'm going to roll my own intercom/radio setup and save some coin... I don't want the PTT buttons on the dash and want the dash setup a little better laid out so I can mount a Lowrance or iPad high on the dash.

I will probably get the windsheild, front light bar and chase light bar as options.

I'd like just rear window nets for the kids, but I dont know if that will be an option. I don't need all 4 for $1500.

I got an email about upgrading to the rg edition.. and I honestly didn’t have time to read it.

What’s the difference? Cost etc?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I got an email about upgrading to the rg edition.. and I honestly didn’t have time to read it.

What’s the difference? Cost etc?

You get window nets, radio and intercom setup (sounds like it will be Rugged stuff), Alcantara seat covers and steering wheel, orange cage and suspension parts, and the RG race team graphics, meaning it is orange and black and you don't get to configure anything.

It is a $3K upgrade. I don't want the alcantara, and I like a black cage and suspension because it will show less scratches. Also choosing my own colors is nice.

My comm setup is only going to cost like $700 out of pocket so I don't see the value in the RG for me personally. I'd like rear window nets but don't need them for the front. I'd rather spend the extra money on the factory windshield, lights, etc.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ll have to call them. I’d like the nets and lights. Honestly I’m going with pci this time around. I had it in my Ranger and pressure wash the whole car all the time. With the rug and stuff if you even get a damp it will break according to my detail buddies.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’ll have to call them. I’d like the nets and lights. Honestly I’m going with pci this time around. I had it in my Ranger and pressure wash the whole car all the time. With the rug and stuff if you even get a damp it will break according to my detail buddies.

They want $800 for the front light bar.. It better be good. :) Im basing that off of the configurator and what they charge for their Wildcat light bar. Their Comms setup for the Wildcat installs in 5 minutes, but is $1600 and you still need headsets. Again i'm assuming the option cost will be similar. The window nets they have for the Wildcat are also very nice, so I'd assume these will be of the same quality. They claim to have a pre build car ready in the next 6 weeks or so.

I'm going with my off brand 25 watt radio like I have in my RZR and am going to try a Rugged intercom this time because I want bluetooth unless someone dissuades me. The Avcomm intercom I have works well and seems to be fine if it gets a little wet, but I cover it with a zip lock bag when I wash the car.

It sounds like you want the LE edition you have then. Robby said they will make a mounting plate for PCI if you want to go that direction... but honestly it is going to be a flat shaped plate, you can make whatever you want pretty easily. That is probably what I will be doing. That 2nd display for the passenger is going to be an option as well... I don't think I need that.

Robby had said that the blank area behind the shift levers will be open for people that want stereos to install their head unit. I think I will install my intercom and radio there, and mount the tablet or GPS where the comms are in the picture below.

That said, the factory cluster is supposed to have screen mirroring, so you could in theory just use Leadnav or some other GPS app on your phone and mirror it.. but I don't want to bank on that.

2021-speed-UTV-interior-dash-vents-and-passanger-monitor-650x366.jpg

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why is there vents on the dash? This thing gonna have AC and Heat?

riverroyal

Reaction score
pretty sad image for something costing the same as a new car

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why is there vents on the dash? This thing gonna have AC and Heat?

Closed cockpit car with heat and AC coming in 12 months. You can defer your deposit to that car if you want.. they are thinking another $6k-8K for that car. All the lineup is going to share the same dash, I think the open cars will have vent block off plates.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
pretty sad image for something costing the same as a new car

They are going into tooling now for the body and suspension, that was their major push. Now they are circling back to the interior. That was an early design drawing I posted. They are doing weekly live design and progress updates every Wednesday night. Speed is being pretty transparent and are taking customer input right up until the last minute before they have to lock in the design. It is a pretty cool process.

I know it is a new brand, but on a Polaris or a Can Am we don't even get to see anything... it just comes out.

As an example the engine is going to have a cartridge style oil filter and 2 weeks ago someone said they should put a drain plug on the cartridge housing to make the oil changes less messy and they added it to the engine design.

I was not really onboard with getting one until late April when they started the weekly updates. Seeing what they have done, the safety and thought going into it really changed my mind and I figured i'd take the risk. I know it is also marketing, but they did a bare chassis comparison between the Can Am, Polaris and the Speed chassis design.... that was eye opening.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
LOF, so what would a 2 seater cost me? To be like my current X3 or the equal

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
LOF, so what would a 2 seater cost me? To be like my current X3 or the equal

BEFORE July 15, $30,000. for the LE. After July 15, $30,000 is for a base car, LE goes up another $2K or $3K. It will go up another $2k at the end of 2020.

LE comes with these extras-
roof
carbon seats instead of plastic
beadlock wheels
full wrap you can choose your colors on
belt temp built in
some minor trim upgrades.

You have 2 wheel bases to choose from in a 2 seat car, a 95" and a 110". The 110" will be the one to get. It will have room behind the front seats, and It will have a 50"X 35" bed, big enough for a 35" spare.

Car comes with 32.5" tires, 3.25" shocks, 230 HP, and the extra key for 300HP on E85. 3 speed trans you can shift on the fly - Low speed, High speed and Overdrive/Cruise, selectable 4WD, front locker, 5 point harnesses, etc.

You don't need a cage upgrade, you don't need shock upgrades, you don't need seat belt upgrades, you don't need better seats, you don't need chassis upgrades, you don't need a spare tire mount, just throw it in the bed with your cooler and go.

Really you just need radio, lights, mirrors, and a windshield if you want one.. and you are ready to go. That is where I really saw the value. I don't have to do a full build for $15K. I will probably be into my 4 seater for $36K with options after TTL and delivery, and I'm ready to go. I can't do a build on a new RZR or Can Am for anywhere close to that.

Of course the risk is there is some big issue with them, and where to get warranty work. It sounds like they have signed a few dealers up already, and they are focusing in So Cal and AZ to start the dealer network. It sounds like Coyne will be a dealer. I think he mentioned he has like 1500 pre orders from dealers to date, on top of the 1400+ private party orders.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.