WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No way. To be in the possession of owners by this thanksgiving they would need to ready to go in a create for shipping.

You said Thanksgiving 2021. We will all be enjoying them by Thanksgiving 2021.

Thanksgiving 2020.. not so much.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I think they are gonna be late but not a year.. maybe a month or two?

If they are still in the testing phase of the motor, I think that month or two might be ambitious. But hopefully they can pull it off! I'm digging these car's more and more. But scares the shit out of me with new car, company etc. But since I just got the 2021 X3 I'm locked in to what I have. LOL

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If they are still in the testing phase of the motor, I think that month or two might be ambitious. But hopefully they can pull it off! I'm digging these car's more and more. But scares the shit out of me with new car, company etc. But since I just got the 2021 X3 I'm locked in to what I have. LOL

The motor is done and has passed CARB emissions. They are finalizing the tuning strategies.

PlanB

Reaction score
Hopefully these end up being as good as advertised. I don't want to have to dump 20K into the next car we buy.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah, I guess it always seems to work like that.

Assuming the car is OK and not a turd, you’d have to spend less than half to get a Speed car to where yours will be.

In theory we will not have to spend money on a cage, seats, harnesses, clutching, engine tuning and chassis upgrades, wheels, and a few other items.

The story is we won’t need spring and shock changes.. the testing is and will be in the Havasu/Parker area, so I’m hoping that is the case, but not holding my breath on that.

We are all buying lights, comms, GPS, helmet blowers, stereos, accessories, tools, storage and other useless do dads, so there is no escaping those costs.

Having to spend $5-6k in upgrades instead of $20k on the Can Am was worth taking the risk to me.

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Sounds like a good deal. I am hearing Shock Therapy is getting one for testing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Race UTT 2 seat preproduction car is coming together. It is set about 5 inches too high on the suspension mock up here and it is on 35” tires. Car will come with 32” tires.
6CA00CE5-0C7B-4C31-99B6-04951FFF3EE5.png

This is all production suspension and production forged hubs, spindles, stub axles, etc.
22591953-78A7-4876-906C-43B3EA84D402.png

This guy is 6’3 in the car.

FCE9B5B0-C2CD-4811-BC39-5B569D30F0E9.png

Robby Gordon in the bed

BA8D9684-DF42-481C-BA8C-28C521BD9520.png

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Couple more of the back end, pedal box/front structure and front suspension. The billet bulkhead in the front is preproduction. The car will have a cast and machined front bulkhead.

A1544EFD-5D82-476F-B852-70A02B7B6150.png
78BD8B10-50E6-4BCA-A8E0-34822D8566A5.png
1B1C1025-5302-4534-AA68-31510552469E.png

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It looks legit
They posted the engine dyno tests as well.

Made 230HP and 138 lb/ft of torque. At the 300 HP tune it made 302 HP and 195 lb/ft of torque.

They ran the engine at full throttle and full load for several minutes and it was still making 225 HP, and nothing melted down.. you can see the entire manifold, turbo hot side and exhaust pipe glowing red. The full video of the engine test is on YouTube.

D1C677DF-4A33-40A3-9998-F2C5EE8EBDE6.png

96D4DC1E-F94E-42EA-9A32-358BCE060424.png

riverroyal

Reaction score
Is it a brand new motor? Meaning not a bombardier partial, or yamaha. Etc.
like a brand new motor from scratch?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Is it a brand new motor? Meaning not a bombardier partial, or yamaha. Etc.
like a brand new motor from scratch?

Yea 100% new, clean sheet of paper 2 cylinder 999cc engine. They have been testing them for a couple months both in emissions and durability. Forged internals, inconel exhaust valves. They are saying output is closer to 400 HP in race trim with better valve springs for higher RPM.

The turbo and exhaust will be at the very back of the car, and opposite Polaris and Can Am that place the turbo right behind your ass.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yea 100% new, clean sheet of paper 2 cylinder 999cc engine. They have been testing them for a couple months both in emissions and durability. Forged internals, inconel exhaust valves. They are saying output is closer to 400 HP in race trim with better valve springs for higher RPM.

The turbo and exhaust will be at the very back of the car, and opposite Polaris and Can Am that place the turbo right behind your ass.
Keep the heat away from the passenger and driver? Why would you want to do that? Nothing like a several hundred degree hot spot right behind your ass when its warm outside.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Keep the heat away from the passenger and driver? Why would you want to do that? Nothing like a several hundred degree hot spot right behind your ass when its warm outside.....

More like 1500 degrees.. LOL.

RD

Hdgasser

Reaction score
Car looks HUGE!!!

10k I’m assuming it comes with a bunch of prepaid speed accessory crap but if not car number 55 will be for sale right after this one sells!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Car looks HUGE!!!

10k I’m assuming it comes with a bunch of prepaid speed accessory crap but if not car number 55 will be for sale right after this one sells!!

Yea the rear bEd/body itself looks around 65” wide. The fender flares in the rear only look like they are covering about half of the rear tires.

I bet the $10k is just the spot the buy the car.

Mine might just get put up for sale for $50k upon delivery and accessory install. My car is #1010, so many will have hit the dirt already. I think there is gonna a heavy markup on these when they actually hit dealers, and the price to get one is just gonna get higher and higher.

Taking delivery and selling to someone as “used” with no sales tax will net a really quick sale for a high price.

Reactions: DWC

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Yea the rear bEd/body itself looks around 65” wide. The fender flares in the rear only look like they are covering about half of the rear tires.

I bet the $10k is just the spot the buy the car.

Mine might just get put up for sale for $50k upon delivery and accessory install. My car is #1010, so many will have hit the dirt already. I think there is gonna a heavy markup on these when they actually hit dealers, and the price to get one is just gonna get higher and higher.

Taking delivery and selling to someone as “used” with no sales tax will net a really quick sale for a high price.

With $32k enclosed trailers selling in 1 hour, I’d say you will get good $ for your car lol
E5ECC09F-275C-4F29-920B-1A15444CF5FB.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
With $32k enclosed trailers selling in 1 hour, I’d say you will get good $ for your car lol View attachment 928969

It seems too cool NOT to take delivery and at least SEE how it runs :)

It is gonna make my garage situation really cramped though. I’m gonna have like 12 to 18 inches between my boat tires and the Speed rear tires. lol :)

If it does not work out with the Speed car I’ll probably get a Pro XP4 or find a Turbo XP4 and stay with a 64” wide car. I gotta imagine this is the last year for the 64” Turbo XP.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It seems too cool NOT to take delivery and at least SEE how it runs :)

It is gonna make my garage situation really cramped though. I’m gonna have like 12 to 18 inches between my boat tires and the Speed rear tires. lol :)

If it does not work out with the Speed car I’ll probably get a Pro XP4 or find a Turbo XP4 and stay with a 64” wide car. I gotta imagine this is the last year for the 64” Turbo XP.
I would tend to agree with that being the last year with so many cars being wider.
Polaris would be smart just to keep the general at that wheel base and go wide with everything else the demand for big open car widths seems to be the way it’s going

Agreed
Big speed and wide open throttle are in demand over trail goats

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Speed UTV dealer in Havasu is going to be where the Halloween shop is, in the old Hastings building on Palo Verde South and Lake Havasu Ave.

Sounds like production is close to being on schedule after all. They are expecting assembly line test units in November.

Two runs of 400 seaters will be built first, followed by a run of 500 2 seat Diablos.

Robby also noted that there are already several preproduction cars that have been used for emissions testing etc. that the public has not seen and they have not shared details on.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Speed UTV dealer in Havasu is going to be where the Halloween shop is, in the old Hastings building on Palo Verde South and Lake Havasu Ave.

Sounds like production is close to being on schedule after all. They are expecting assembly line test units in November.

Two runs of 400 seaters will be built first, followed by a run of 500 2 seat Diablos.

Robby also noted that there are already several preproduction cars that have been used for emissions testing etc. that the public has not seen and they have not shared details on.

That Hastings building is abhorrently expensive and the parking lot is small.

surprised they’d but that much money on either renting or buying the building when you don’t own the land. The chick that owns the land won’t sell and wants big rent each month.

I am excited to hear that they are close to on schedule!!

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
That Hastings building is abhorrent you expensive and the parking lot is small.

surprised they’d but that much money on either renting or buying the building when you don’t own the land. The chick that owns the land won’t sell and wants big rent each month.

Shocked to hear that. Hasting Hastings been closed for a few years now? Long time to not collect rent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That Hastings building is abhorrent you expensive and the parking lot is small.

I think they are buying it, he said they “close” in 30-45 days.

riverroyal

Reaction score
For this group thatS actually fantastic news. That type of investment means any buyer here that is a havasu guy will have the best of everything. Interesting

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For this group thatS actually fantastic news. That type of investment means any buyer here that is a havasu guy will have the best of everything. Interesting

It is almost as if someone has been saying this for months :)

At least if it breaks I can put the car in neutral and let it roll downhill to the dealer from my house.

DMF

Reaction score

At least if it breaks I can put the car in neutral and let it roll downhill to the dealer from my house.
When do you think the 1st 400 cars will actually be delivered?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
When do you think the 1st 400 cars will actually be delivered?

I have been thinking between Christmas and the end of Jan, so 1-2 months late. I have no insider info, but if they are getting preproduction 4 seaters off the assembly line in Nov, they are probably going to test and inspect them throughly, then slowly ramp into production for the first batch.

They are looking at a 40 car per day capacity, so once the assembly long gets rolling, they should catch up very quickly. My car is going to be in the 2nd batch of 400.

He gave no indication of how much time is going to between the first 3 “batches”. Certainly there will need to be a little retooling time as they switch from the 4 seater to the 2 seaters.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh Robby also said that whatever size seat you pick for the front you will get that size for BOTH front seats not just the driver.

After the Sand Show they decided they needed a new size, Standard Wide. I think that gives them 4 total sizes - standard, standard wide, tall, and tall wide.

I have not finalized my order yet, I need to do that and get some guidance from them on what seat size works best.

The current seats are in Parker today and you can try them out at the Speed concession trailer at the race.

DMF

Reaction score
I am master #1813 so I believe I will be in the 4th or 5th run of cars...hahaha. I like the idea of there being at least 1,500 cars on the trail before i get mine. Whatever issues there are should be squared away by the time I get it. The down side to that is the 6 month warranty starts when you get the car. If the car is delivered in May then the car sits all summer when it's to hot to drive. By the time the season starts back up the car is out of factory warranty.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Yore still not driving it with us this Thanksgiving

riverroyal

Reaction score
Robby Robby Robby.....His nuts must be ground from everyone hanging on them.
By the way my SxS budget is slashed due to LOF and his kitchen remodel connections. BS 😁

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yore still not driving it with us this Thanksgiving

I still have my RZR for that :). To be fair, I never was going to have mine by Thanksgiving, I put my deposit down too late. They officially told me March 2021 in my confirmation email with them this May. So if I get it before March, they are over-delivering for me. Robby has said they would arrive early than “officially” promised all along though.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I am master #1813 so I believe I will be in the 4th or 5th run of cars...hahaha. I like the idea of there being at least 1,500 cars on the trail before i get mine. Whatever issues there are should be squared away by the time I get it. The down side to that is the 6 month warranty starts when you get the car. If the car is delivered in May then the car sits all summer when it's to hot to drive. By the time the season starts back up the car is out of factory warranty.

4 seater or 2 seater?

They only have sold like 70 short wheelbase 2 seaters.. so if you got the Baja Bandit I think you are going to be waiting a little while. If you have a 4 seater you might get bumped up a little bit because they are building more of those.

They need 500 production El Diablo 2 seaters to have the platform qualified for racing. That is why they the 3rd run.

DMF

Reaction score
4 seater or 2 seater?

They only have sold like 70 short wheelbase 2 seaters.. so if you got the Baja Bandit I think you are going to be waiting a little while. If you have a 4 seater you might get bumped up a little bit because they are building more of those.

They need 500 production El Diablo 2 seaters to have the platform qualified for racing. That is why they the 3rd run.
Yeah, I heard him say that in last night's video. I bought a 4 seater. He said, that the 3rd run which is 2 seaters will take them to master number 1,45?. I figure I would be in the 4th run of cars possibly the 5th run. At 40 cars a day assuming M-F hours it will them a month to build 800 cars. Mine should be built towards the end of the 2nd month or beginning of the 3rd month of production.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think they are buying it, he said they “close” in 30-45 days.

Only the building is for sale, not the land.. I know a lot of guys that looked into it pretty heavy including myself. Jason (BoomBandits) and myself considered it for a location to open up a large bar / night club / event center.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
One would think a Havasu realtor would have some inside information.

I can tell ya all about the building / lease land etc.. LOL. I can't tell you if someone else with another realtor makes a move though?

We aren't Robby's realty group.. but if we were, I would have told him to run from that building unless he managed to secure the land as well, which to my knowledge isn't for sale.

RD

LHCBOY

Reaction score
I can tell ya all about the building / lease land etc.. LOL. I can't tell you if someone else with another realtor makes a move though?

We aren't Robby's realty group.. but if we were, I would have told him to run from that building unless he managed to secure the land as well, which to my knowledge isn't for sale.

RD

A friend of mine mother owns the land. The original deal was a 20 year lease on the land when the investment company built the building for Hastings. When Hasting went out the company has continued to pay the rent on the land. If they where to miss payment then the building would revert back to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.