WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A friend of mine mother owns the land. The original deal was a 20 year lease on the land when the investment company built the building for Hastings. When Hasting went out the company has continued to pay the rent on the land. If they where to miss payment then the building would revert back to her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's a pretty aggressive deal when you purchase that building.. It wouldn't make sense for a lot of people, but could make sense for a large corporation or dealership.. From my knowledge though that land isn't going to be for sale anytime soon. It's pretty much a forever accruing money maker for their family so they won't sell.

RD

LHCBOY

Reaction score
Yes it's a pretty aggressive deal when you purchase that building.. It wouldn't make sense for a lot of people, but could make sense for a large corporation or dealership.. From my knowledge though that land isn't going to be for sale anytime soon. It's pretty much a forever accruing money maker for their family so they won't sell.

RD

Yes you are correct along with several other commercial properties that they own in town..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

RD

I don't know much about RG but he seems to have developed a fairly successful business. I would imagine they weighed the cost benefit of that location vs some other location, as there are many in town, or building new.

If it is a base of operation for sales, service, adventures, racing, and R&D, he would be getting a fairly good value out of the location.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't know much about RG but he seems to have developed a fairly successful business. I would imagine they weighed the cost benefit of that location vs some other location, as there are many in town, or building new.

If it is a base of operation for sales, service, adventures, racing, and R&D, he would be getting a fairly good value out of the location.

Oh I agree, I'm sure they did their research.. The last guy that bought it, didn't do his research and was opening a very large gym on the property. After he bought it he found out about the land lease deal, and was trying to sell it..

Or at least that's the story I was told. I'd have to ask the RE team the ins and outs of it.

RD

PlanB

Reaction score
Speed UTV dealer in Havasu is going to be where the Halloween shop is, in the old Hastings building on Palo Verde South and Lake Havasu Ave.

Sounds like production is close to being on schedule after all. They are expecting assembly line test units in November.

Two runs of 400 seaters will be built first, followed by a run of 500 2 seat Diablos.

Robby also noted that there are already several preproduction cars that have been used for emissions testing etc. that the public has not seen and they have not shared details on.

The locals will lose their shit over this. Always talking about wanting a Trader Joe's or Olive Garden in that building on the havasu FB page. LOL...

Reactions: DWC

PlanB

Reaction score
It is almost as if someone has been saying this for months :)

At least if it breaks I can put the car in neutral and let it roll downhill to the dealer from my house.

I could literally do that. Our place is about 1/4 mile up off of Papago. :)

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The locals will lose their shit over this. Always talking about wanting a Trader Joe's or Olive Garden in that building on the havasu FB page. LOL...

Yea that is just what they need.. An overpriced supermarket that will come and go in a year, or another corporate restaurant!

PlanB

Reaction score
Yea that is just what they need.. An overpriced supermarket that will come and go in a year, or another corporate restaurant!

Yeah, the transplants want to turn the place into California. They don't understand the business model for most of these places won't work in Havasu. Good to know RG is going in that building. Nice and close if we were to move on from the Can-am after a few years.

SmilesPerGallon

Reaction score
When do you guys honestly think these cars will be delivered? I am looking to put a deposit down on a 4 seat...

DMF

Reaction score
When do you guys honestly think these cars will be delivered? I am looking to put a deposit down on a 4 seat...
I put my deposit down in August and my master number is 1813. They said it will be a February/March delivery. I don't expect to get it until Mayish.

SmilesPerGallon

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Does your deposit go towards the final price of the car? And financing available?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave
how do you like the rzr? Is it a turbo?

Mira a 2017 non turbo. Just an interm car until this car arrives. It is actually a pretty nice little car! Nothing like my can Am, but 1/2 the price as well

SmilesPerGallon

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to chose colors and other options for the base model cars? Thanks for the answers guys

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to chose colors and other options for the base model cars? Thanks for the answers guys

No choice on colors for base model. You can choose whatever option parts you want though.

As far as we know today, the only parts differences are the base car has non-beadlock wheels, no roof and plastic seats.

They have said there will be finish differences as well. Everything powder coated black, different grille, stuff like that. Drivetrain, suspension and shocks are supposed to be identical.

SmilesPerGallon

Reaction score
No choice on colors for base model. You can choose whatever option parts you want though.

As far as we know today, the only parts differences are the base car has non-beadlock wheels, no roof and plastic seats.

They have said there will be finish differences as well. Everything powder coated black, different grille, stuff like that. Drivetrain, suspension and shocks are supposed to be identical.

Powertrain is the same as well correct? Honestly the only add ons I would like from Speed is the roof and window nets. I think

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Powertrain is the same as well correct? Honestly the only add ons I would like from Speed is the roof and window nets. I think

Yea all the same. The Speed window nets are oppressively expensive, like $800/pair. I may wait for another option for those. I am getting their windsheild though.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Looks like he's testing it in Parker this week.
20201102_182232.jpg
20201102_182220.jpg

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ok so pricing was raised again, you can only buy cars at MSRP now. 4 seat LE cars are now $37k. The base model 4 seat car is now $32k

Over 9400 units have been presold.

Testing is continuing, there is another 7 day test session in AZ starting Monday.

They are expecting pre production assembly line cars by Christmas. Those will still have a couple billet parts like clutches as they are finalizing the clutch changes, but they will be basically production cars.

Things seem to be moving along. This test has all the factory emission components on the car, they are now testing the car with the power train in a near production configuration.

Last edited:

Duramax

Reaction score
Ok so pricing was raised again, you can only buy cars at MSRP now. 4 seat LE cars are now $37k. The base model 4 seat car is now $32k

Over 9400 units have been presold.

Testing is continuing, there is another 7 day test session in AZ starting Monday.

They are expecting pre production assembly line cars by Christmas. Those will still have a couple billet parts like clutches as they are finalizing the clutch changes, but they will be basically production cars.

Things seem to be moving along. This test has all the factory emission components on the car, they are now testing the car with the power train in a near production configuration.
I have to be honest, when this came out I thought you guys were all crazy, but it seems to be moving along nicely.

What's up with his tools though? Are they a gift with the car or is he selling them?

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I have to be honest, when this came out I thought you guys were all crazy, but it seems to be moving along nicely.

What's up with his tools though? Are they a gift with the car or is he selling them?

Tool kit is $1500

No way he is including shit for free it's another biz...lol

LowRiver2

Reaction score
There was scuttle butt about the engine not being on the 2020 list of engines to be tested by CARB. Is Speed saying that all emissions testing/approvals are complete?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I was skeptical for awhile until the spring time frame of this year. All in all I think the car will be OK. It will have a few quirks I'm sure, just like everything else. He has said a couple times the production costs for the car are much higher than anticipated. Some of that was them adding features to the car because of the great response in this pre-order stage.

I see the MSRP for the cars continuing to jump up as production gets going, and certainly into 2022. If the car delivers on its promise of performance, no way is it going to stay in that price range that it is in today.

He is selling the tool kits, they do not come with the car. The tools are like an all purpose set for off roading or mechanical stuff on the go. It is a neat idea, but I won't be buying them.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
There was scuttle butt about the engine not being on the 2020 list of engines to be tested by CARB. Is Speed saying that all emissions testing/approvals are complete?

I don't think they have made that definitive declaration, but I have not seen every announcement either. Hes made mention many times of the ongoing CARB testing, and the fuel system passed and catalytic converters were revised to pass CARB testing.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Tool kit is $1500

Correct. I'll be lucky if they give me a free Speed Energy drink when I pick up my car.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I don't think they have made that definitive declaration, but I have not seen every announcement either. Hes made mention many times of the ongoing CARB testing, and the fuel system passed and catalytic converters were revised to pass CARB testing.
There was a post stating that CARB has a list of engines to be tested through July 2021 and Speed isn’t one of the co.’s listed.
Maybe that part (testing), is filed under another mfg. name?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
There was a post stating that CARB has a list of engines to be tested through July 2021 and Speed isn’t one of the co.’s listed.
Maybe that part (testing), is filed under another name?

Aren't they buying these engines from another manufacturer as a carbon copy of the Arctic Cat Z1 engine? So one would think that it may already be approved? Or does carb testing have to happen in final configuration in the vehicle?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe that part (testing), is filed under another name?

Certainly could be another name, but I don't know for sure. I might poke around and see if those listings are public information.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Aren't they buying these engines from another manufacturer as a carbon copy of the Arctic Cat Z1 engine? So one would think that it may already be approved? Or does carb testing have to happen in final configuration in the vehicle?

Nope, 100% new engine. It might be based of something, but supposedly all new design.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Certainly could be another name, but I don't know for sure. I might poke around and see if those listings are public information.
My Bro in law is in the low 80’s on this, I’m hoping for the best and will definitely be looking at the cars in 2023

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Maybe that part (testing), is filed under another mfg. name?

So I found some data on the CARB site of what is approved and what is not. There are a bunch of spreadsheets.

Speed is not in there for 2021 that I can see.

Interestingly enough, there are no new Polaris models (like the new model that is supposed to be coming out) that I can see either. All the standard ones are in there though.

I will keep looking, but it looks like the EO has not been issued yet. Maybe final testing is needed from a car in production form?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So I found some data on the CARB site of what is approved and what is not. There are a bunch of spreadsheets.

Speed is not in there for 2021 that I can see.

Interestingly enough, there are no new Polaris models (like the new model that is supposed to be coming out) that I can see either. All the standard ones are in there though.

I will keep looking, but it looks like the EO has not been issued yet. Maybe final testing is needed from a car in production form?
Maybe they are saying fuck CARB and going 49 state legal? Lol!

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Tool kit is $1500

It 's to make some revenue so he can get the car completed.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
It 's to make some revenue so he can get the car completed.

You'd think that 9400 deposits of $4000 each would be a pretty good start at getting a car put together.

With that amount of volume (about double what I was expecting) it makes a lot of sense why they have a dealership in the Caribbean...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You'd think that 9400 deposits of $4000 each would be a pretty good start at getting a car put together.

With that amount of volume (about double what I was expecting) it makes a lot of sense why they have a dealership in the Caribbean...

And Dubai!

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Yes and he has a car for that amount..... You know the saying....to be a millionaire in off road you need to start with 2 million.

I'm hoping I'm wrong and that it all pans out for everyone. But I'm still leery that it will happen to the extent that has been publicized..... I can see huge lawsuits coming for being late/delays, carb, and all the other BS people sue for.

rickym20

Reaction score
He made a few jumps down olds, suspension looked great and handled the whoops like nothing. I am sure he probably caused a few more deposits for new cars with the show he put on. I know I am trying to figure out how to make a purchase myself once they start cranking them out. My 2 boys were in that video and talking with him made their weekend.
8DBAAB02-2ACC-4494-95CA-76F333349EC9.png

riverroyal

Reaction score
does look like it works good. But if this is the test rig before production its going to be a while.

Duramax

Reaction score
That can't be production suspension. Looks bad ass though!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That can't be production suspension. Looks bad ass though!

Only thing different on this car is the joints on the front arm. These arms are adjustable, stock will be fixed with the same size joints.

production forged hubs, production forged spindles, axles, shocks, arms, steering, tie rods, brakes, are all production spec parts.

front bulkhead is prototype billet instead of production high pressure cast. Cage is production with regard to tubing bends and sizes, but has door bars and is not bolted on.

Clutches are billet, cast production clutches will be out by the end of the year. They had to completely redo the clutches after the first couple tests, so that was one hold up.

22591953-78a7-4876-906c-43b3ea84d402-png.928066

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
does look like it works good. But if this is the test rig before production its going to be a while.

As these tests keep happening, people are getting excited, but most everyone I have talked to that is actually a buyer is fine with them taking the time to make it right. It just makes our day 2 upgrade list shorter and shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.