WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Driver

Reaction score
He already has an assembly partner. The cars are being assembled at the Hisun factory in Texas.
They have used partners as manufacturing and design consultants every step of the way. That is how they have gone from an idea to working prototypes in less than a year.

LOL are you on the pay role?
Ha, Im a cheer leader too. Go Speed

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
LOL are you on the pay role?
Ha, Im a cheer leader too. Go Speed

No, but I’m just trying to illustrate it does not take 3 years to design and build a golf cart, and they aren’t doing it alone in a vacuum.

Reactions: DWC

lf2

Reaction score
They have an interesting way of solving for axle clearance issues with that U shaped lower shock mount with the axle going through the middle. Looks weird, but should be super strong.

that style has been done before in the truck world. King makes a shock bottom to utilize that setup.
124FF711-6837-46AA-8960-49A57E9F097A.png

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am still praying for late January delivery! :).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
RG said yesterday these should begin deliveries in 2-3 months. They are confident enough In the power train now to move into production.

Clutches will have some user adjustment built into them so you’ll have the ability to tune the clutch without buying a clutch kit.

Also he made mention the new Polaris engine in the new car is a 1.4L. And that the Speed car easily out powers it.

I’m reading between the lines here, but it’s sounds like larger displacement engines for the Speed car will be available as production engines in the future.

There will be a 1265cc short block available for the Speed car as a hop up.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ Sounds like it's coming along. Hopefully you guys get your cars soon.

Any idea what motor he is talking about for the RZR? Sounds like a new motor?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
RG said yesterday these should begin deliveries in 2-3 months. They are confident enough In the power train now to move into production.

Clutches will have some user adjustment built into them so you’ll have the ability to tune the clutch without buying a clutch kit.

Also he made mention the new Polaris engine in the new car is a 1.4L. And that the Speed car easily out powers it.

I’m reading between the lines here, but it’s sounds like larger displacement engines for the Speed car will be available as production engines in the future.

I called Speed two days ago to add a few things and the lady was telling me end of January? Granted that’s probably what they told her to say.. but now it’s end of feb / mar?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I called Speed two days ago to add a few things and the lady was telling me end of January? Granted that’s probably what they told her to say.. but now it’s end of feb / mar?

They’d have to be starting assembly line manufacturing in a couple weeks to support that.

You’ll see the 4 seat test mule before they go into production. They are going to have to dial in the suspension and clutching for that before they start cranking them out. I expect that process to go quickly, as the big problems have already been solved for.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
They’d have to be starting assembly line manufacturing in a couple weeks to support that.

You’ll see the 4 seat test mule before they go into production. They are going to have to dial in the suspension and clutching for that before they start cranking them out. I expect that process to go quickly, as the big problems have already been solved for.

I had assumed they already had frames etc in production..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Didn’t Robby say he already had 400 cars out of production a few weeks ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only watched the latest show and they didn’t say anything. I haven’t watched the previous 39

Timmmmmy

Reaction score
I talked to Robby in Parker a couple weeks ago and asked him when production would start and he told me January

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I had assumed they already had frames etc in production..

I think preproduction yes. They still have to validate all the fit and finish off the line before they go full production. Plus you have shipping lead times.

DLC

Reaction score
Oh that’s cool ! Who would have thunk that Santa and RG had a connection!

lol

update your thoughts on the tool kit after you have it a little bit.

c_land

Reaction score

I am going to be impressed if RG can pull it off that fast.

Polaris pulled a speed Utv and has delayed their release until at least after KOH and is expecting even later than that.

That car is BIG from what I was told. The guys that were working with it compared it to the size of a class 10 car.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Polaris pulled a speed Utv and has delayed their release until at least after KOH and is expecting even later than that.

That car is BIG from what I was told. The guys that were working with it compared it to the size of a class 10 car.
Not gonna happen. If the production line is not even done and they aren’t showing it ready to produce there’s no way. These lines don’t just work with a light switch.
Thanksgiving 21

DMF

Reaction score
Not gonna happen. If the production line is not even done and they aren’t showing it ready to produce there’s no way. These lines don’t just work with a light switch.
Thanksgiving 21
I would personally prefer to get mine in November of 2021 at this point.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I’ve seen the car. The body is longer and wider than a normal UTV. The 4 seat car only has a wheelbase 3 inches longer than a 4 seat RZR Turbo S and is only 10 inches longer. Most of that length is the bed. It’s not any wider than a Turbo S 4 seater with aftermarket wheels.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thanksgiving 21

Where did you see the production line was not done?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Polaris barely admits the car even exists lol. Polaris and Speed are very different as companies. I would wager that the problem with the Polaris car has more to do with the engine size than anything else. Unless the laws are changed, it is not a SXS, and subject to a host of other regulations in CA alone. Speed can’t afford endless development cycles, which is why they partnered with outside vendors for the design of some of the major components and that is how they got where they are this quickly.

Regardless of how long it takes, they have gotten this far in only 14 months. That is designing a new car, a new engine, a new trans and new suspension/shocks. That is very impressive.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
Where did you see the production line was not done?
Are they in production? Like car 1 is at stage 1 of a line? I hope so. I personally have not seen a factory line picture ready to build. Maybe it’s out there, I haven’t seen it

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Are they in production? Like car 1 is at stage 1 of a line? I hope so. I personally have not seen a factory line picture ready to build. Maybe it’s out there, I haven’t seen it

That is why I asked. They have said those efforts have been in parallel to car development, and there has been no evidence to the contrary so far.

They are very much in production of parts from their suppliers.

2Driver

Reaction score
Covid has gummed a lot of supply chains. I'm financing a spec home that was to be done by Halloween and its just now in the final stages. Getting stuff isn't real easy right now especially from CA. I'm sure this has a lot to do with things.

Personally I'm rooting for the guy, I think its cool when one guy with an idea disrupts an established industry.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I’m in the only one thinking this company/ product is being developed to basically sell to a large corporation?

2Driver

Reaction score
There’s not much to buy that other manufacturers cant just copy and do themselves. All the manufacturers have thier nitches, who would be a buyer, it’s not really propitiatory.

For that reason I’m out. :)

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m in the only one thinking this company/ product is being developed to basically sell to a large corporation?

Why would any of them spend the money for a buyout? They all think they are going to crush the Speed car with their offerings. They have the capacity to do so, but will bean counter themselves to death trying.

The entire reason this car exists is because RG’s efforts and ideas on cars in the past were dismissed.

He was going to source engines from one of the other manufacturers and the limitations coming from those negotiations drove him to just build his own.

This brand really is RG’s baby.. I don’t see him selling it, at least for awhile.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Why would any of them spend the money for a buyout? They all think they are going to crush the Speed car with their offerings. They have the capacity to do so, but will bean counter themselves to death trying.

The entire reason this car exists is because RG’s efforts and ideas on cars in the past were dismissed.

He was going to source engines from one of the other manufacturers and the limitations coming from those negotiations drove him to just build his own.

This brand really is RG’s baby.. I don’t see him selling it, at least for awhile.

I’m not saying BRP,Polaris, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Maybe another big corporation that can get this thing mass produced the way the prior mentioned companies can do. Unless RG doesn’t have that vision for this company.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m not saying BRP,Polaris, Yamaha or Kawasaki. Maybe another big corporation that can get this thing mass produced the way the prior mentioned companies can do. Unless RG doesn’t have that vision for this company.

He has a mass production assembly line partner in Texas (Hisun) that is assembling the cars. They are expecting to complete 40 units per day once they get rolling. They have about 10k cars sold to dealers and individuals as of now.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
He has a mass production assembly line partner in Texas (Hisun) that is assembling the cars. They are expecting to complete 40 units per day once they get rolling. They have about 10k cars sold to dealers and individuals as of now.

It will be interesting to see if Hisun will be willing to only produce Speed cars next year. 40 cars a day X 250 working days a year = 10,000 car's. If Robby doesn't start shipping cars soon he will be delivering 2021 model car's in 2022.

JayBreww

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see if Hisun will be willing to only produce Speed cars next year. 40 cars a day X 250 working days a year = 10,000 car's. If Robby doesn't start shipping cars soon he will be delivering 2021 model car's in 2022.

He’s already going to be delivering 2020 cars in 2021.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
He’s already going to be delivering 2020 cars in 2021.

I think they were gonna be 2021’s from the start.

Honestly I think the November date was just part of the hype. It was pretty obvious to me all along they were not going to support a late November delivery. All the paperwork has said expect a March delivery.

Maybe the assembly line wasn’t even going to be ready to go until 2021?

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Just slap a new VIN on the 2021s lol.

baja-chris

Reaction score
Today Feb 8, I got this info:
"We need to do the final testing on the clutch and powertrain. Once we have the green light on those we will be able to get a couple of complete production cars built and we will then need to test them. Once the testing is complete we will go into full production."

I'm expecting to see it this summer. As long as I have it to prerun the 2021 Baja 1000 this fall I'm happy.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Today Feb 8, I got this info:
"We need to do the final testing on the clutch and powertrain. Once we have the green light on those we will be able to get a couple of complete production cars built and we will then need to test them. Once the testing is complete we will go into full production."

I'm expecting to see it this summer. As long as I have it to prerun the 2021 Baja 1000 this fall I'm happy.

Fuck me... this thing isn’t anywhere near done

Singleton

Reaction score
Would be interesting if he would of ran Hammers with it.
Can Am dominated the SXS division and 1 finished Saturday as well.

bunch of people will be pissed if they don’t have them come Sept 2021

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Fuck me... this thing isn’t anywhere near done

They have been saying this exact announcement for a few weeks.

Once they get the production 4 seater prototype built, (waiting on clutches supposedly) they claim they will be doing a 7500 mile test, basically non stop in Parker/Havasu and move into production.

There are a bunch of details they seem to be rounding out, like the gauge cluster. They weren’t gonna be ready by now anyway judging by what I’ve seen. I’m judging how close they are to production by how close the Hastings building buildout happens :)

Last edited:
Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I think he know hes gonna be crucified if he’s out there racing while people are waiting for cars lol.

riverroyal

Reaction score
I got a 12 pack of someone's fav beer that says you won't see these until thanksgiving.
I can't even get a fucking couch for 3 months from a factory that has made them for 20 years. That's a couch that's been tested!
7500 trouble free miles??? With no changes and a retest?
You guys are crazy.
Bernie to the white courtesy phone..

intense

Reaction score

Im surprised they didn't run one there also

Status
Not open for further replies.