CBCE9AF0-C911-44DB-AA36-A890ABFC7F85.jpeg
6C4E4EBD-5F23-4AE0-9F96-FA94514D495A.jpeg
695F9A8A-5806-45C1-8DAF-F3898E734270.jpeg
A5EB9BAC-A091-42CD-8EF5-D6F7D64E5C20.jpeg
0B751F4B-888A-485F-8B4D-0ACF805C53B7.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Yeah that might not fit into allot of toy haulers. My BIL Turbo S with a slight off set rim barley fits in his toy hauler.

A slight offset rim on a Turbo S will make them 77" or even wider. It is just under a foot longer though, as the bed hangs over and beyond the rear tires. It is only about 1 foot longer overall than a Turbo S, however the body of the Speed car is wider.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
A slight offset rim on a Turbo S will make them 77" or even wider. It is just under a foot longer though, as the bed hangs over and beyond the rear tires. It is only about 1 foot longer overall than a Turbo S, however the body of the Speed car is wider.
It’s for Motorhome kings with big enclosed or flat bed trailers 🤣
My Canned ham is 82” wide with rear paddles so I have a sand jack for Glamis tire changes outside my skinny peasant TH lol.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I like that it has a built in receiver, thing looks badass! If I wasn't trying to finish my Manx I would have probably got onboard with this when Dave did at the show...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It’s for Motorhome kings with big enclosed or flat bed trailers 🤣
My Canned ham is 82” wide with rear paddles so I have a sand jack for Glamis tire changes outside my skinny peasant TH lol.

That is me.. I just rent RVs/ trailers a couple times a year.

I will need to sell my open trailer and pick up an enclosed. My trailer is about 1/4" too narrow :)

manxman

Reaction score
I like that it has a built in receiver, thing looks badass! If I wasn't trying to finish my Manx I would have probably got onboard with this when Dave did at the show...

you still haven't finished the manx!!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
'Mock up'. Missing about 50% of a total car.
Progress.
Front looks ready to haul ass. Long A arms

It’s gonna be done and shipped to Havasu in a week or so. They are in the process of building it. This car will have the production wiring harness (made here in CA) and every accessory on it. Stereo, lights, intercom, everything.

This one is still carbon bodied. I want to see the plastic bodied production version off the assembly line. They are saying those will be out for testing in late March. Like I said before, there is a lot of work going on in parallel they haven’t been sharing.

The harness is supposedly prewired for all accessories. Everything is plug and play.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
It’s gonna be done and shipped to Havasu in a week or so. They are in the process of building it. This car will have the production wiring harness (made here in CA) and every accessory on it. Stereo, lights, intercom, everything.

This one is still carbon bodied. I want to see the plastic bodied production version off the assembly line. They are saying those will be out for testing in late March. Like I said before, there is a lot of work going on in parallel they haven’t been sharing.

The harness is supposedly prewired for all accessories. Everything is plug and play.
Simplicity would be nice!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Simplicity would be nice!

We will find out when I get the car. They made mention of the radio antenna being part of the harness too. I’m not running their radio, but I’m planning to use the provisions already in the harness.

Would be awesome not to have to disassemble the car and have wires already tucked and hidden from factory. Just pop in a fuse and hook up to existing wiring provisions.

Duramax

Reaction score
Great video, even better pic of the oh fuck moment. Always amazes me that more fans dont get killed at these races, especially in mexico, drivers just pin it regardless of the crowds nearby.
After I stopped racing SX and MX, I bought a KX500 and built it to try a couple desert races (I also wanted to run Pikes Peak when it was still dirt). Anyway, my first race was called Point to Point, which ran from the boarder of AZ and zig zagged it's way to the Oasis Bar in Rocky Point. I think 110-120 miles maybe. I remember one of the truck guys the night before the race told me, "if you see a large group of people watching in a strange location, it usually means they buried a railroad tie or dug a hole, so either slow down or aim for the group!".
He said Point to Point was rare for that, mostly the 500 and 1000. The pro bikes were always first, and I only ever saw one group that was there watching a jump, not a hole or anything. I always remembered that and I always thought the same as you, "how in the hell do more people not get killed"

Reactions: DWC

2Driver

Reaction score
Watched rg’s last stream where he went over it. Pretty impressive, that guy puts a lot of effort into getting the progress out there for public consumption.

Maybe its me but that front end takes a lot of warming up to and Im not there yet, minor stuff in the scheme of things I guess.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Watched rg’s last stream where he went over it. Pretty impressive, that guy puts a lot of effort into getting the progress out there for public consumption.

Maybe its me but that front end takes a lot of warming up to and Im not there yet, minor stuff in the scheme of things I guess.
Fugly 😫

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Well we haven’t seen one with the actual lights and grill yet. From some angles I like it, from others it’s just OK. I think the actual parts like the grille and lights will add some texture and depth to the front angles. It looks odd without the front grill, I agree.

I know some people are WTF over the truck bed. I don’t care what it looks like, that was a great idea in my book.

DMF

Reaction score
I am extremely impressed with it so far!

MeCasa16

Reaction score
Well we haven’t seen one with the actual lights and grill yet. From some angles I like it, from others it’s just OK. I think the actual parts like the grille and lights will add some texture and depth to the front angles. It looks odd without the front grill, I agree.

I know some people are WTF over the truck bed. I don’t care what it looks like, that was a great idea in my book.
The truck bed is one of the features I want the most.. I wish my can am had that.

Roaddawg

Reaction score
Who's got a pre-order car they want to sell me :)

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Who's got a pre-order car they want to sell me :)

If you have the Facebook, join the speedutv page, lots of preorders for sale.

I just bought #125 from somone, he ended up making 1K on the deal, but I still go it cheaper than if I ordered one today.

Roaddawg

Reaction score

I just bought #125 from somone, he ended up making 1K on the deal, but I still go it cheaper than if I ordered one today.

Yea I'm waiting to get approved. Hopefully will be on there tomorrow

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Nice pickup! I think the price for the preorders is about to spike again once they do this next round of tests. The preorder prices jumped in November when they were testing the original cars.

The problem ordering now is that you might not have it until the end of the year.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

you got that cheap! I’m number 113 and it would take a lot more to get me off it.. I saw guys selling numbers way higher for 3500-5000 profit

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
you got that cheap! I’m number 113 and it would take a lot more to get me off it.. I saw guys selling numbers way higher for 3500-5000 profit

That was during and after the first round of testing. The internet is back to thinking that the Speed UTV isn’t going to happen.. in 2-3 weeks business will pick up again when videos of the 4 seater testing in the wild emerge.

If I can snag another early reservation for $1k markup, I may just do it.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
How do you verify it’s a legit sale?

Like posted above, I did the transaction through Speed, I sent them the money via my ATM card, and they will refund the original purchaser his money. For the other 1K that he was asking over the original price, I just Venmo'd him the money.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
So all said and done what are things going to set people back if ordered with all the bells and whistles? $50k?

Is he doing out of state delivery for AZ folks and avoiding sales tax?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So all said and done what are things going to set people back if ordered with all the bells and whistles? $50k?

no way to avoid sales tax as a whole?

I think I’m into mine 47.. but I don’t really need to do anything to it after I get it. It’s about 9k cheaper than my can am was after I built it and twice the car.

riverroyal

Reaction score
no way to avoid sales tax as a whole?

I think I’m into mine 47.. but I don’t really need to do anything to it after I get it. It’s about 9k cheaper than my can am was after I built it and twice the car.
Haaaa. Do nothing....not possible

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I have seen a completed car. My buddy got to drive it and it’s a game changer. Nothing on the market comes close in both ride and quickness.

Those of you who took a chance and got in early with deposits are going to be rewarded.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I’m at $36 with options plus tax and fees. I didn’t get every little thing. I’m gonna be at $40-$41 all in. I have my own GPS, comms and lights to add that I already bought, that is like $1200 worth of stuff and included in my $41k figure.

I could easily sell the car for $50+ when I get it.
Price has gone up $5k (and will continue to go up)
Speed key is an option that is $2500, my car has it already included. I’ve already got 20-25% equity built into the thing.

Buy someone’s early spot in line soon for a small mark up If you want one.

Once they start testing again in another week or so the spots in line for sale will jump in price again.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have seen a completed car. My buddy got to drive it and it’s a game changer. Nothing on the market comes close in both ride and quickness.

Those of you who took a chance and got in early with deposits are going to be rewarded.

Wrong. The car is made of fairy dust and Robby took our money and went on vacation. :)

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Wrong. The car is made of fairy dust and Robby took our money and went on vacation. :)
Lol
The car is all that for sure. It’s the logistics of parts if something goes wrong (follow up), that is the only question now. Time will tell. Great vehicle otherwise

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Lol
The car is all that for sure. It’s the logistics of parts if something goes wrong (follow up), that is the only question now. Time will tell. Great vehicle otherwise

Agreed. I’m expecting a small problem or two. As long as they get addressed, I will be happy. With a flagship dealer there in town I feel pretty good about taking that risk. Also Robby can’t afford a problem ridden car and angry customers when launching the brand.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

It was a bit of a risk early on but you all appear to be geniuses now lol

I was seriously blown away by the final product. Polaris and Can Am have no choice but to step their game up otherwise this car is going to decimate their sales.

Both Polaris and Can Am cars will flood the used market as the Speed car is in full swing rolling off the production line. This car makes today’s cars look like the Rhino’s and Rangers of years ago.

There is literally nothing like it. Congrats LOF.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Agreed. I’m expecting a small problem or two. As long as they get addressed, I will be happy. With a flagship dealer there in town I feel pretty good about taking that risk. Also Robby can’t afford a problem ridden car and angry customers when launching the brand.
For sure
I switch sxs’s around every 5 years. In 3 years , the bugs will either be worked out or they won’t. 👍

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I was seriously blown away by the final product. Polaris and Can Am have no choice but to step their game up otherwise this car is going to decimate their sales.

Both Polaris and Can Am cars will flood the used market as the Speed car is in full swing rolling off the production line. This car makes today’s cars look like the Rhino’s and Rangers of years ago.

So did you see it out in Parker? Which one did you see? Spill the beans!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
For sure
I switch sxs’s around every 5 years. In 3 years , the bugs will either be worked out or they won’t. 👍

Honestly the biggest thing that could make these early cars a little less desirable is them being 1000 cc. In 2-3 years this car will be amazing I’m sure after getting more feedback from customers.

If/when Polaris comes out with this 1400cc Pro R I know these Speed cars will start coming with the 1265cc short block they have been working on... at least as a factory option.

Once Polaris successfully lobbies for the legislative changes to legalize SXS over 1000cc, the floodgates are gonna open.

It will be expensive, but Speed says the 1265cc short block will be a bolt on deal however. It is cool they thought of that as part of the development cycle.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Honestly the biggest thing that could make these early cars a little less desirable is them being 1000 cc. If/when Polaris comes out with this 1400cc Pro R I know these Speed cars will start coming with the 1265cc short block they have been working on.

Once Polaris successfully lobbies for the legislative changes to legalize SXS over 1000cc, the floodgates are gonna open.

It will be expensive, but Speed says the 1265 Cc short block will be a bolt on deal however.

On a side bar sort of , that seems a big hill to climb to get Ca. to change that 2011 ruling.(1k cc limit)
Right amount of $ and influence are the only way that will change.
Or it will be a non Ca car, (which would be cool😎)

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Add used toy haulers to the glut of sales as 70% of the current ones won’t fit this 4 seater

That’s a flat bed/enclosed trailer car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
On a side bar sort of , that seems a big hill to climb to get Ca. to change that 2011 ruling.(1k cc limit)
Right amount of $ and influence are the only way that will change.
Or it will be a non Ca car, (which would be cool😎)

Agreed. I think that is why that car has not come out yet. A few months ago we were talking about Speed not having CARB approval.. the Pro R was not on that list either. I keep waiting for that data to be updated though. The last CARB listing was from June of last year.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
So did you see it out in Parker? Which one did you see? Spill the beans!

In Havasu. It was a Baja Bandit car and I was asked not to share pictures. Nothing top secret just respecting the owners request.

I’d sell your RZR now if you want all the money for it.

Singleton

Reaction score
Agreed. I think that is why that car has not come out yet. A few months ago we were talking about Speed not having CARB approval.. the Pro R was not on that list either. I keep waiting for that data to be updated though. The last CARB listing was from June of last year.

If my memory is right, CARB only meets twice a year.
I could see sales occuring in AZ and CA purchasers having to wait longer

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If my memory is right, CARB only meets twice a year.
I could see sales occuring in AZ and CA purchasers having to wait longer

I believe you are correct, and that first time for 2021 should have happened, but I have no idea on the inner workings of that totalitarian bureaucracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.