Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_4675.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Can we stop calling Side by Sides "Off Road" cars? They are mass produced, over hyped Golf Carts. They are just extra large Quads.

Before you jump all on my shit, I have been anti SXS for years, they are destroying the trails with their locked rear ends. (Rzr Rash), lack of driver skills, ease to the public etc...……….It's like a Sea Doo guy calling his "Sea Doo" a boat.

El Jefe Master 125#, and I'm sure it's gonna smoke my Baja, but none of your SXS's are "Off-Road" cars. I don't know why that term "Car" erks me so much, since I'm gonna own one at some point.

Carry on.
I prefer to call them plastic cars

Stayin'ontop

Reaction score
Probably in these 17 pages somewhere.....
But i’m curious how many of you have taken measurements and if and which toy haulers the 77” wide will fit into

arch stanton

Reaction score
Probably in these 17 pages somewhere.....
But i’m curious how many of you have taken measurements and if and which toy haulers the 77” wide will fit into
since trailers are built 102 inches wide on the outside that leaves 25 inches for wall thickness and door frames I don't see 77" wide as a problem hell if I buy one I want to do out set wheels for dunning I want to get to about 90" or as close as I can get and still get it in a trailer

Riverbottom

Reaction score
They were playing with them in Parker yesterday. Parked down by Badenoch's , Speed trucks and Toyo truck.

Singleton

Reaction score
since trailers are built 102 inches wide on the outside that leaves 25 inches for wall thickness and door frames I don't see 77" wide as a problem hell if I buy one I want to do out set wheels for dunning I want to get to about 90" or as close as I can get and still get it in a trailer

any ToyHauler with a slide will have issues.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
I talked to Robby pretty extensively at the SSSS before I put down the deposit.

extremely wealthy Chinese business man. They will he produced in a giant Mfg facility over there that is pretty state of the art.
Hunter Biden????? four seater fits One adult, and 3 little girls????? fuck china and their business's....fuc'n commies harvest little girls for their bussiness men fuc party's...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Most of all those parts are “production”

Yep, we are getting there. I know the belt cover is not stock, we have covered the body not being stock. Looks like this one also has the billet front bulkhead. Happy to see things moving forward.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

NicPaus

Reaction score
Thats a 102 wide deck over trailer, so guessing the width is in the mid 80's or so?
Looks like 82" or so. Drive over wheel wells are wider than mine and I got 84" between.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Thats a 102 wide deck over trailer, so guessing the width is in the mid 80's or so?

Car is supposed to be 77" wide.

My guess is that's an 8ft trailer (96") not 102", most people who tow a lot in Baja build 8ft trailers because the roads are so narrow in Baja, especially way down south.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Doesnt look like it, you would see it in that picture since those units are pretty wide. There has to be something like a ram down there with the lines running to it.

Its hard to tell, but a full hydro system is $$$. Would be very surprised if that is production. But I haven't owned a sxs since the Rhino days and I know since then there has been some sort of power assist on current units.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And I forget, belt or no belt? I had heard one key feature was no belt but in the pics it looks like a belt housing. If it has a belt what has RG done that the other manufacturers have not figured out yet to keep the things from overheating and breaking in the sand?

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
Its hard to tell, but a full hydro system is $$$. Would be very surprised if that is production. But I haven't owned a sxs since the Rhino days and I know since then there has been some sort of power assist on current units.

It's a hydraulic steering rack, not a Howe, but similar. He's shown it on a few of the videos.

ZSTIV

Reaction score
Yep, we are getting there. I know the belt cover is not stock, we have covered the body not being stock. Looks like this one also has the billet front bulkhead. Happy to see things moving forward.
Correct!
you can buy the fan which is kinda cool, but yes the front diff is cast not billet but I think it has production gearing inside. Pretty close to go time!

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
And I forget, belt or no belt? I had heard one key feature was no belt but in the pics it looks like a belt housing. If it has a belt what has RG done that the other manufacturers have not figured out yet to keep the things from overheating and breaking in the sand?

Still belt driven, but I think having the 3 speed trans being run off the CVT will help people keep their RPM where it needs to be to not smoke belts. Will still probably require some mechanical sympathy from the right foot.

2000 miles on stock belt for my XX.

riverroyal

Reaction score
looks nice. Im no engineer but this is different. Nothing ties the center line of the wheel to the frame. Is there no side to side forces on the drive shaft?
car.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
looks nice. Im no engineer but this is different. Nothing ties the center line of the wheel to the frame. Is there no side to side forces on the drive shaft?
View attachment 986039

It does not need them. The trailing arm attaches to multiple points on the chassis just like a sand car or dual sport car. Wildcat XX has had this same suspension design for years with no problems.

Radius rods are a SXS thing to try to keep the toe and camber curves consistent through the suspension travel... the problem is the scrub (track width change) they create.

And we don't have to buy $700 worth of upgraded radius rods.

Additionally, you can use a single rear trailing arm on either side of the car.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
chase light in the roof is sweet.

Yes the roof comes precut for it. I ended up adding it to my order because it is plug and play and the roof is made for it. It was a $299 option however it is just a $150 china chase light, but actually many SXS builders are using the china chase lights. They work really well.

DLC

Reaction score
there is a technical term called, “angle of the dangle“ they are both the same size and side to side act as a independent swing arm, strong and less moving parts to bind and have issues with, I believe they are both interchangeable from side to side. They were designed to eliminate rt to LF parts and kept the KISS method - Keep It Simple Stupid

View attachment 986039

ZSTIV

Reaction score
The main thing that needs to be production is production.
It will happen...
making a car like this from scratch that has this much potential isn’t easy. Trust the process, good things come to those who wait! 😉

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Still belt driven, but I think having the 3 speed trans being run off the CVT will help people keep their RPM where it needs to be to not smoke belts. Will still probably require some mechanical sympathy from the right foot.

2000 miles on stock belt for my XX.
Sounds like it is not a CVT but instead more like a Harley then. Belt drive from engine to the trans?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Sounds like it is not a CVT but instead more like a Harley then. Belt drive from engine to the trans?

I may be off on this but my understanding is that there is still a CVT Clutch that connects the belt drive to the engine. Where on a harley there is a traditional multi-plate clutch that is connecting the belt to the engine.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I may be off on this but my understanding is that there is still a CVT Clutch that connects the belt drive to the engine. Where on a harley there is a traditional multi-plate clutch that is connecting the belt to the engine.
on a normal sxs the belt is the clutch and trans. When someone said it has a 3 speed trans in it with a belt, it makes me think the belt is the transmission source between the engine and transmission like a Harley. I could see how they could combine the belt transmission and the clutch to essentially make the belt a centrifugal clutch and transmission source from the crank to the 3 speed transmission.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

It is a standard CVT, you can just shift on the fly. In the RZR, Can Am, Rhino etc. all have high and low range gear, I am sure you are familiar with that. Traditionally, you had to come to a stop to change gears. Shifting between Lo and Hi on the fly kills the transmission.

In a Rhino and Kawasaki there is a wet clutch. The RZRs and Can Ams use the belt itself as the clutch. The Speed will use the belt as the clutch as well.

The Speed car has 3 gears, Lo , Hi and Overdrive, and you can shift between them on the fly. It still has the CVT that is used as the clutch to get going, and will vary the drive ratio throughout your selected gear.

It is not like an automatic trans in a car where you would just stick in Overdrive and let the CVT do the work. You will need to start in LO or HI, and click through the gears either once or twice to get into overdrive. The shifter is sequential so you shift through P-R-N-L-H-OD just by pulling or pushing the shifter. In order to up or downshift you will have to lift off the throttle while underway.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC
Status
Not open for further replies.