WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
No joke. Kinda pumped up to see it up close at the RDP party. Kinda not.

I'm a little bummed I cant make it today to see it, but the ones I really want to see are the production line units they are currently working on.

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
apparently they started months ago!

The 2 seat preproduction car is out in "private" testing, and the 4 seat preproduction car is still testing. Not to mention the other covert testing that is going on behind the scenes. I am really happy they are testing these things in the heat.

The 4 seat assembly line cars need to have some miles on them, so I am thinking a month to finish those, a month to test them, and 90 days after that we might start seeing cars being delivered and that puts us around August/September. That of course is if there are not supply constraints. We will see what shakes out.

Popping out those first assembly line cars for everyone to see will buy him some good will through summer. :)

My advice to anyone interested - If you are thinking of buying a reservation from someone getting impatient, do it now before the production cars debut.

FasterBae

Reaction score
Really wanted the el jefe 4 seater but with upgrades/build times went back to Polaris (sold XP4 S to upgrade). Ordered a 2021 XP4 Pro with a bunch of accessories (8-10 week lead time) and due to demand not a lot of wiggle room Price wise. Once Robby has these production dates figured out Ill probably sell and switch

LowRiver2

Reaction score
705AC4E8-C78E-4394-953F-49F9BB63AC4E.jpeg
413AE50A-EF2F-47F0-9A28-AE4BCD3178E9.jpeg
A148F6C3-8A09-458E-BEE6-2977DCB4B885.jpeg

Thing is huge: You guys are gonna have fun/ but no toy hauler will fit this lol.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I sat in the car at the street fair and it was really roomy. It's definitely a big bitch and I think this thing will make the earth flat! I'm starting to get excited about taking delivery of mine.

View attachment 996356
Well hell, now I know your screen name too🙂, lol. Great meeting you two at the afterparty. 👍😎

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The thing I think surprised me the most about it was the cage being multi-piece modular/bolt together. I guess I assumed RG would build it as a full piece cage assembly.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I sat in the car at the street fair and it was really roomy. It's definitely a big bitch and I think this thing will make the earth flat! I'm starting to get excited about taking delivery of mine.

View attachment 996356

Yea the footprint of the car isn't really that big (same width as a 4 seat Turbo S or Can Am with aftermarket wheels), but the body that is notably wider and taller.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The thing I think surprised me the most about it was the cage being multi-piece modular/bolt together. I guess I assumed RG would build it as a full piece cage assembly.

That allows assembly to be much cheaper and easier. RZRs are shipped in a crate with the upper cage bolted together and final assembled by the dealer. I don't think the Speed cars will be shipped like that, I believe the upper cage is all one piece?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That just does not work for shipping (these are usually crated for shipping) and allows assembly to be much cheaper and easier.
Exactly what I figured when I saw it but just assumed he'd differentiate his product from all the other SxS's in that regard.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Well hell, now I know your screen name too🙂, lol. Great meeting you two at the afterparty. 👍😎

It was great meeting you as well! The After party was awesome, we had a blast.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
That allows assembly to be much cheaper and easier. RZRs are shipped in a crate with the upper cage bolted together and final assembled by the dealer. I don't think the Speed cars will be shipped like that, I believe the upper cage is all one piece?

Even though it bolts together, I think it has a much better designed and stouter roll cage than any other utv on the market.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Exactly what I figured when I saw it but just assumed he'd differentiate his product from all the other SxS's in that regard.

Yea, this is one of the compromises made to make it a production car. As @Racer56 said, I think this is the strongest cage in the industry by far.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I believe they bolt together in some sections

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
Waiting for these to make production for a deal on an 1000xp Polaris, lol

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I configured my car today and finalized all of my accessories. I'm El Jefe master number 782 and was told that I should expect to take delivery in August.

View attachment 999119

I like that color combo! Is your overall master number? 782? Or is that your El Jefe model number? I believe we will have about the same delivery date.

I should have went with the silver wheels, they will hold up better over time I think.

Singleton

Reaction score
Doesn’t even matter.. these things are gaining value faster than 2x4s.

while I agree with that, if they don’t make that August date, folks are going to get pissed sooner or later.
IMO, dirt season is over they should be telling everyone October and then make folks happy if they get a 30 day payment due notice earlier.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
while I agree with that, if they don’t make that August date, folks are going to get pissed sooner or later.
IMO, dirt season is over they should be telling everyone October and then make folks happy if they get a 30 day payment due notice earlier.

Agreed. He has another 5 months of good will. No one was going to use the cars much now anyway.

In the end the cars will be better because of the delays. They have stated the 2 months of clutch delays allows them more testing and they made many tweaks that would have otherwise gone into the MY2022... at this point out cars might be MY2022 anyway.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Agreed. He has another 5 months of good will. No one was going to use the cars much now anyway.

In the end the cars will be better because of the delays. They have stated the 2 months of clutch delays allows them more testing and they made many tweaks that would have otherwise gone into the MY2022... at this point out cars might be MY2022 anyway.
Right on schedule 🍺

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
You guys will all sell your spots in line when the Polaris Pro D drops in July anyways

If it isn’t turbocharged that thing will be a good car, but I think it won’t be received that well. It is going to cost way too much to add power to it. If it is over 1000cc it is certainly going to change the game though.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Polaris RZR Pro R specs rumor

We present to you what we believe will be dropping later this year.

These are the important changes we can more/less confirm from the 2022 models:
  • Now referred to Pro R, no longer using XP naming
  • New 4-cylinder Polaris ProStar naturally aspirated motor (we've mistakenly called it NorthStar, unverified displacement, probably >1000cc & >200hp)
  • New automatic 5-speed sequential transmission seen on the 2020 Polaris Slingshot; No CVT!
  • New transfer case with split driveshafts featuring 3 u-joints each!
  • New independent front/rear differentials, possibly shift on the fly (as in >5mph)
  • At LEAST 72" wide, but have been told to expect 76 or 78"
  • New beefier front a-arms with new U-shaped uppers to allow for shock mounts on the lower arms!
  • Rear shocks appear to be 3.0" shock bodies, possibly with slow/fast adjustment and rebound; much like the new Can-Am Smart-Shox; 2.5" assumed for the front.
  • New, much larger, trailing arms with exposed stiffening rail.
  • Dual 2-to-1 collectors on the headers, dual to single pipe at the muffler; exits rear-center like Can-Am/Yamaha.
  • New 15" 5-lug wheels that we've seen from spy photos!
  • Appears to have Maxxis Liberty tires, likely 32x10r15!
  • No longer 40/60 balanced... we'll have to see what it comes out to after review units are delivered!
  • Updated ROPS cage with similar geometry.
  • Updated Ride Command with new cluster options.
  • 2 and 4-seat versions already ready, but expect the 4-seat to be announced in the fall; as is Polaris' typical cadence.
What hasn't shown any signs of changing:
  • Overall body design/plastics
  • Interior
  • Bed/Storage

beerrun

Reaction score
In Robbie's defense can am and razor are having a hard time building cars too the dealers can't get them

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Polaris RZR Pro R specs rumor

We present to you what we believe will be dropping later this year.

These are the important changes we can more/less confirm from the 2022 models:
  • Now referred to Pro R, no longer using XP naming
  • New 4-cylinder Polaris ProStar naturally aspirated motor (we've mistakenly called it NorthStar, unverified displacement, probably >1000cc & >200hp)
  • New automatic 5-speed sequential transmission seen on the 2020 Polaris Slingshot; No CVT!
  • New transfer case with split driveshafts featuring 3 u-joints each!
  • New independent front/rear differentials, possibly shift on the fly (as in >5mph)
  • At LEAST 72" wide, but have been told to expect 76 or 78"
  • New beefier front a-arms with new U-shaped uppers to allow for shock mounts on the lower arms!
  • Rear shocks appear to be 3.0" shock bodies, possibly with slow/fast adjustment and rebound; much like the new Can-Am Smart-Shox; 2.5" assumed for the front.
  • New, much larger, trailing arms with exposed stiffening rail.
  • Dual 2-to-1 collectors on the headers, dual to single pipe at the muffler; exits rear-center like Can-Am/Yamaha.
  • New 15" 5-lug wheels that we've seen from spy photos!
  • Appears to have Maxxis Liberty tires, likely 32x10r15!
  • No longer 40/60 balanced... we'll have to see what it comes out to after review units are delivered!
  • Updated ROPS cage with similar geometry.
  • Updated Ride Command with new cluster options.
  • 2 and 4-seat versions already ready, but expect the 4-seat to be announced in the fall; as is Polaris' typical cadence.
What hasn't shown any signs of changing:
  • Overall body design/plastics
  • Interior
  • Bed/Storage

Since we are bench racing cars that don’t exist, the Speed car is gonna walk that Pro R deal :)

JRS1939

Reaction score
I don't know who wrote that list but half is true and half is not true. It is 110% true for the turbo R release in late summer 2023. But for now you're looking at 225hp NA 4 cyl motor with CVT. The primary is 14 inches in diameter. The secondary 20 inches in diameter. The belt is 6 inches longer than the pro xp and almost a full inch wider. 109mph from the factory.

And BTW there are plenty of pictures out there of them with a simple Google search.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don't know who wrote that list but half is true and half is not true. It is 110% true for the turbo R release in late summer 2023. But for now you're looking at 225hp NA 4 cyl motor with CVT. The primary is 14 inches in diameter. The secondary 20 inches in diameter. The belt is 6 inches longer than the pro xp and almost a full inch wider. 109mph from the factory.

And BTW there are plenty of pictures out there of them with a simple Google search.

Zero chance it runs with a speed car in terrain.. or holds up when you are done..

DLC

Reaction score
The good thing for all fans is the bar is being raised - All thanks to speed car and Robbie G !!

wondering what can am will spilt out and WHEN....

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The good thing for all fans is the bar is being raised - All thanks to speed car and Robbie G !!

wondering what can am will spilt out and WHEN....

I keep hearing new Can Am transmission for 2022.

Reactions: DLC

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I keep hearing new Can Am transmission for 2022.

I was in Barstow this weekend for an offroad event, I stayed at the hotel since it was so hot. There were a ton of filming crew trucks, and vans, and one of those Long Travel boom cars. One of the guys told me they were doing filming for Can-Am.

Could be related.

JRS1939

Reaction score
Zero chance it runs with a speed car in terrain.. or holds up when you are done..

Well we will be able to tell soon enough. 79" wide and 30" of travel. The additional weight it's going to have is going to help the suspension. And BTW, the oem turbo made 505hp on the factory dyno. 2023+ though and the 10 speed tranny

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well we will be able to tell soon enough. 79" wide and 30" of travel. The additional weight it's going to have is going to help the suspension. And BTW, the oem turbo made 505hp on the factory dyno. 2023+ though and the 10 speed tranny

not sure I’m understanding what you are saying here

Blackmagic94

Reaction score

Where are you getting this info.

Status
Not open for further replies.