WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Itā€™s like Polaris and Can Am build bulletproof cars that donā€™t need $5k in upgrades right off the showroom floor :)

There isnā€™t anyone proud enough of their Arctic Cat, Polaris, or Can Amā€™s that would tout their quality, myself included.

riverroyal

Reaction score
There isnā€™t anyone proud enough of their Arctic Cat, Polaris, or Can Amā€™s that would tout their quality, myself included.
IM proud of my can am quality. Ive spent ZERO on making it more reliable, ZERO. 2200 havasu miles and ZERO issues. Not one thing has broke.
Ive spent 15k in accessories but none of that was to avoid a breakage or DNF on a trail.

Saying speed car is superior is just more nut swinging. How would anyone know? Off 20 minute youtube clips?
Give it another 18 months, then brag about not breaking anything.

Before someone gets pissed, Im a buyer of a Speed after its proven. By proven I mean the COMPANY and the product. I thought that would be in 22, more like late 23 until Im buying (if its that great) once you guys all have them. Yes, I will pay more

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
IM proud of my can am quality. Ive spent ZERO on making it more reliable, ZERO. 2200 havasu miles and ZERO issues. Not one thing has broke.
Ive spent 15k in accessories but none of that was to avoid a breakage or DNF on a trail.

Saying speed car is superior is just more nut swinging. How would anyone know? Off 20 minute youtube clips?

Before someone gets pissed, Im a buyer of a Speed after its proven. By proven I mean the COMPANY and the product. I thought that would be in 22, more like late 23 until Im buying (if its that great) once you guys all have them. Yes, I will pay more

If you are getting passed by Rhinos out on the trail, sure nothing ever breaks :)

Every SXS out there is built to a price point with many compromises. EVERY One.

What ever happens with the Speed car, it will raise the bar for everyone else.

The cage and chassis alone is light years better than anything on any Polaris or Can Am. The included safety features are better than anything out there period. The suspension components are built and designed stronger than anything else out there. That is not nut swinging, it is simply obvious when you see the cars side by side and read the specs for each car.

Reliability, we have no idea about yet, but the raw components and geometry of the car, are simply better than what is out in the market today.

And still the only people complaining about the Speed cars are the ones that donā€™t have one on order. You say ā€œHow could it be any good?ā€ We say ā€œHow could it be any worse?ā€

Last edited:

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score

Can we add you to the nutswinger crowd in 2023 then?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
If you are getting passed by Rhinos out on the trail, sure nothing ever breaks :)

The cage and chassis alone is light years better than anything on any Polaris or Can Am. The included safety features are better than anything out there period. The suspension components are built and designed stronger than anything else out there. That is not nut swinging, it is simply obvious when you see the cars side by side and read the specs for each car.

Reliability, we have no idea about yet, but the raw components and geometry of the car, are simply better than what is out in the market today.

And still the only people complaining about the Speed cars are the ones that donā€™t have one on order. You say ā€œHow could it be any good?ā€ We say ā€œHow could it be any worse?ā€

Chyna

DLC

Reaction score
Iā€™m actually amazed at how much input people have on a sxs that they donā€™t plan on buying!

I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he said itā€™s just a big ol Madoff scam to rip off peopleā€¦. He doesnā€™t even own a sxs and has no plan to ever buy oneā€¦..

But he has his opinion! I hope it raises the bar Accross the board and we all get better carsā€¦

riverroyal

Reaction score

I agree on this. By the way Riveroyal was the FIRST to ever put a back seat in a 600cc Rhino. I went to PRP and they thought I was a crazy. Then went to the dunes and the rangers had a field day. Essentially I started the 4 seat UTV world. Ha. RG has nothing on me. Except 12000 peoples money.

I cant break my Can am, well havent yet. So yes the speed car should be fine. The width will be interesting. Havasu trials are 'typical' UTV width, Speed car will have 2 wheels in the groove, 2 out

riverroyal

Reaction score
Iā€™m actually amazed at how much input people have on a sxs that they donā€™t plan on buying!

I was talking to a buddy yesterday and he said itā€™s just a big ol Madoff scam to rip off peopleā€¦. He doesnā€™t even own a sxs and has no plan to ever buy oneā€¦..

But he has his opinion! I hope it raises the bar Accross the board and we all get better carsā€¦
I have more friends that say this than dont. Its one big scam and good luck. The longer it takes, the more I hear it.

Reactions: DLC

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The people doing most of the shit talking and speculation on here and on the fb pages have something in common..

None of them have any skin in the game.

most the people with deposits arenā€™t complaining and are fine with the current timelines

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For those wondering I have #113 which would be day 3 of production if they do their 40 cars a day.

They have had some minor problems in testing that set them back a bit.. I believe I am looking at a fall delivery. Which again Iā€™m fine with.

riverroyal

Reaction score
For those wondering I have #113 which would be day 3 of production if they do their 40 cars a day.

They have had some minor problems in testing that set them back a bit.. I believe I am looking at a fall delivery. Which again Iā€™m fine with.
113, be on the 1st truck to havasu for sure. Does the dealer install some of the options, or does it arrive complete? Be cool to have local guys doing the bolt ons.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
113, be on the 1st truck to havasu for sure. Does the dealer install some of the options, or does it arrive complete? Be cool to have local guys doing the bolt ons.

it arrives complete. Mine is going straight to Simpson though for a rear bench.

RaceTec

Reaction score
It isnā€™t a scam.. to say that is beyond ridiculous.
I can verify that it isn't a scam, the amount of development and raw dollars spent is amazing! Robby and his team are great and doing EVERYTHING right as far as I can see. As Dave said there have been development setbacks that are getting you guys much better components. For example a 3 speed trans with a MUCH better clutch. Clean sheet engine with the turbo in the correct location. If you really want to race this thing the engine is VERY capable of much bigger numbers! I don't understand the back and forth with the guys who aren't even buying? Have you looked at all of the pictures of production test mules and watched the development videos?

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
At what point will this car be obsolete by the time it comes out and something else better will be the next big thing?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I agree on this. By the way Riveroyal was the FIRST to ever put a back seat in a 600cc Rhino. I went to PRP and they thought I was a crazy. Then went to the dunes and the rangers had a field day. Essentially I started the 4 seat UTV world. Ha. RG has nothing on me. Except 12000 peoples money.

I cant break my Can am, well havent yet. So yes the speed car should be fine. The width will be interesting. Havasu trials are 'typical' UTV width, Speed car will have 2 wheels in the groove, 2 out

Keep in mind the Speed car is 77ā€ wide at its absolute widest. That is about equal to a 72ā€ car with most aftermarket wheels, so it is not going to feel much wider on the trails than what you have today.

The body is wider than a Can Am or RZR, and that is gonna be the big difference.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
At what point will this car be obsolete by the time it comes out and something else better will be the next big thing?

Not anytime soon. Polaris might be debuting a 77ā€ 1.3L NA car (turd) based on the pro XP platform, and Can Am supposedly has a new transmission in the works for next year.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I would have been like #22 if I had thrown money down when I talked to RG at SSSS 2019. There was just not a clear enough vision then for me to plunk down the cash.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I can verify that it isn't a scam, the amount of development and raw dollars spent is amazing! Robby and his team are great and doing EVERYTHING right as far as I can see. As Dave said there have been development setbacks that are getting you guys much better components. For example a 3 speed trans with a MUCH better clutch. Clean sheet engine with the turbo in the correct location. If you really want to race this thing the engine is VERY capable of much bigger numbers! I don't understand the back and forth with the guys who aren't even buying? Have you looked at all of the pictures of production test mules and watched the development videos?

The people that still think this is somehow a ā€œscamā€ I have written off as idiots at this point. The guy didnā€™t buy a piece of commercial property, go in front of the LHC city council for permitting, build multiple test mules, design an engine and SXS from scratch, just screw a couple thousand people out of SXS deposits, and piss off EVERY powersports dealer conglomerate in the southwest.

There are far cheaper and easier ways to screw people out of their money.

dspracing

Reaction score
It isnā€™t a scam.. to say that is beyond ridiculous.

Can we change this guy's title to "#1 Speed car naysayer/verified 2023 Speed car buyer"?

Dude has never broken his canam which means he somehow drives slower than @gqchris , calls Speed everything but real and now claims he is in line to buy one. But not until the company is proven which is crazy talk following his statements to continually debate this car ever being a real thing. Since he invented the 4 seat SXS I do question why RG does not have him on the design team if he has any hopes of a successful product.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can we change this guy's title to "#1 Speed car naysayer/verified 2023 Speed car buyer"?

Dude has never broken his canam which means he somehow drives slower than @gqchris , calls Speed everything but real and now claims he is in line to buy one. But not until the company is proven which is crazy talk following his statements to continually debate this car ever being a real thing. Since he invented the 4 seat SXS I do question why RG does not have him on the design team if he has any hopes of a successful product.
Struck a nerve huh...calm down.

I wish 'robbie ' success. Without success i have friends out some cash.
Its all in good fun.
Guys here were claiming this unicorn was showing up a year ago. Which myself and a few others were saying was impossible. Not because we wished failure,, because its reality. Which turns out is accurate.

Since i have no skin in the game this will be my last post on the topic.
Good luck to all the buyers that have thousands out and still wait. Someday you will pass me on a trail, plesse keep the finger on the steering wheel.

I still put the 1st back seat in a rhino. Lol. And my utv is sitting right here, not broke.
Im actually pissed i bought a extended warranty

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
WTF man? Why do you have such a hard on for these cars? Are you buying one? Just STFU already.

So I am not allowed to discuss the product. Get over yourself. Sounds like your upset that a year later you found out this is Chinese made stuff. Did Robbie announce that a year ago when you all paid a deposit?

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
So I am not allowed to discuss the product. Get over yourself. Sounds like your upset that a year later you found out this is Chinese made stuff. Did Robbie announce that a year ago when you all paid a deposit?

I'll discuss the product with you.
Show me the product.

That is all

Dan'l

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Tell me us about this dream rg has please I have 3 buddies that have some decent numbers

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Itā€™s been common knowledge the entire time that the cars would be made in USA by Hisun.

Iā€™m glad I softened the feeling of disappointment when you open your Chinesium EFI and it smells up yore house like the inside of Harbor Freight :)

2Driver

Reaction score
Ill trade straight across, my deposit on this from 1970 for anyoneā€™s current speed car deposit.

To be transparent, some are starting to think the flight may get delayed again .

D1C0F6F9-15BE-45DD-896A-B703A824BB08.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Struck a nerve huh...calm down.

I wish 'robbie ' success. Without success i have friends out some cash.
Its all in good fun.
Guys here were claiming this unicorn was showing up a year ago. Which myself and a few others were saying was impossible. Not because we wished failure,, because its reality. Which turns out is accurate.

Since i have no skin in the game this will be my last post on the topic.
Good luck to all the buyers that have thousands out and still wait. Someday you will pass me on a trail, plesse keep the finger on the steering wheel.

I still put the 1st back seat in a rhino. Lol. And my utv is sitting right here, not broke.
Im actually pissed i bought a extended warranty

The original delivery date predicted by the company was this last thanksgiving..

Nobody was claiming this was showing up a year ago.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Itā€™s been common knowledge the entire time that the cars would be made in USA by Hisun.

Iā€™m glad I softened the feeling of disappointment when you open your Chinesium EFI and it smells up yore house like the inside of Harbor Freight :)

Thatā€™s utter bullshit. My friend who is on the list to buy one from the first month said he never knew about China till this week.

And comparing my efi throttle body injection kit to your car is funny. Hope that Chinese steel holds up in crash yo

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Thatā€™s utter bullshit. My friend who is on the list to buy one from the first month said he never knew about China till this week.

And comparing my efi throttle body injection kit to your car is funny. Hope that Chinese steel holds up in crash yo

Your friend is misinformed, just as you are were about your China EFI. Read this thread, it was known when this thread started Hisun would be manufacturing them, and it was not new news then.

Iā€™ll buy your friend out of his for cash if he is that upset about it.

The parts for all of the mass produced SXS are made in China... we will all be just fine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I will buy your friends spot + cash depending on the number!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Oh and I talked to Robby on day 1 when he announced he was doing These cars at the sand sports super show.. his exact words to me was they will be built in China at a state of the art Mfgā€™ing facility and even showed me pics of the robotics / building etc.

it was later I believe that they were to be actually assembled in Texas?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Oh and I talked to Robby on day 1 when he announced he was doing These cars at the sand sports super show.. his exact words to me was they will be built in China at a state of the art Mfgā€™ing facility and even showed me pics of the robotics / building etc.

it was later I believe that they were to be actually assembled in Texas?

It does not even matter Dave. The only people that seem care that parts come from China havenā€™t put down a deposit and buy Chinese EFI systems and use Chinese smartphones. I bet some of them have Chinese solar panels on their house assembled by slave labor overseas, but they want to whine about a UTV made with Chinese parts when they own a UTV with chinese parts. They have 0 credibility in the discussion.

Iā€™ve never seen more concern on this financial forum over how several of us want to spend our money :)

baja-chris

Reaction score
Mine is going straight to Simpson though for a rear bench.

I need a rear bench too, for hauling the dog at times. Have you already talked to Simpson? Are they using your car to prototype the rear bench? Who should I talk to about getting one?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
People with money in the game clearly have their pride in the way.

Itā€™s like a girl who is getting beat by their husband and tell everyone he is great because of their personal pride

DMF

Reaction score
People with money in the game clearly have their pride in the way.

Itā€™s like a girl who is getting beat by their husband and tell everyone he is great because of their personal pride
Serious question, what isn't made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.