WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
So I am not allowed to discuss the product. Get over yourself. Sounds like your upset that a year later you found out this is Chinese made stuff. Did Robbie announce that a year ago when you all paid a deposit?

You would be wrong there. I don't have any skin in this game. I'm not in the market for a car yet. You just come across as a total a-hole in this thread.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I need a rear bench too, for hauling the dog at times. Have you already talked to Simpson? Are they using your car to prototype the rear bench? Who should I talk to about getting one?

@Devious_Chris is a dealer for them he was going to arrange it for me. Being it’s a low master number I figured I’d send mine over there first for seat heaters (the ones that go up your back as well not just on the bottom cushion) and a rear bench with three sets of seatbelts and heaters etc..

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
People with money in the game clearly have their pride in the way.

It’s like a girl who is getting beat by their husband and tell everyone he is great because of their personal pride

It’s not pride.. it just that we don’t care. It is a $35k mass production off road vehicle. If I don't have to spend 10k on it after purchase, like I would with the other $35k mass production off road vehicles, I just saved $10k.

I’ll give your prideful friend what he has in his car plus $3k for his spot in line.. I bet he won’t take it because he wants his China car and knows if it’s half as good as he was promised, it is a value.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@Devious_Chris is a dealer for them he was going to arrange it for me. Being it’s a low master number I figured I’d send mine over there first for seat heaters (the ones that go up your back as well not just on the bottom cushion) and a rear bench with three sets of seatbelts and heaters etc..

Did you decide what you are doing? Full new seats front and rear?

DLC

Reaction score
Man This is one of the best threads! It just keeps on giving! Over 1200 reply’s…..

The guy who started this thread must be a genius!…..

LoL

It’s just over a year old!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
That’s utter bullshit. My friend who is on the list to buy one from the first month said he never knew about China till this week.

And comparing my efi throttle body injection kit to your car is funny. Hope that Chinese steel holds up in crash yo

In all seriousness if your friend wants to pass now and is looking to sell his spot I’d be interested. Do you know what number he is?

dezrtracer

Reaction score
That’s utter bullshit. My friend who is on the list to buy one from the first month said he never knew about China till this week.

And comparing my efi throttle body injection kit to your car is funny. Hope that Chinese steel holds up in crash yo

I'll take his spot in line , cash in hand if he wants out . What # ?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Did you decide what you are doing? Full new seats front and rear?

I am just going to do the rear bench.. I might even have a fiberglass guy here in Havasu take the two rears and cut them abd stretch it.
There was a guy that had a custom scoop made on here for his over the top jet boat that did a bunch of carbon work.. I want to track that guy down.

baja-chris

Reaction score
I am just going to do the rear bench.. I might even have a fiberglass guy here in Havasu take the two rears and cut them abd stretch it.
There was a guy that had a custom scoop made on here for his over the top jet boat that did a bunch of carbon work.. I want to track that guy down.

Please share what you end up with. I don't need seat heaters but I do want to use it to take my dog to the beach. Something custom would be cool.
Like a widened seat that can hold a big dog on one side, and a tote and cooler on the other side.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Please share what you end up with. I don't need seat heaters but I do want to use it to take my dog to the beach. Something custom would be cool.
Like a widened seat that can hold a big dog on one side, and a tote and cooler on the other side.

You want one of the carrier deals they make for RZR rear seats. Once these cars come out, something like that will be easy to make.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

The way these one piece seats are constructed, I see that being a huge money and time suck to do it out of composite, unless your goal is to make an aftermarket rear bench.

An aluminum seat like a Kirkey however, I think that could be pretty easily widened.

I do worry the suspension seats bottoms will be too thick, but for kids it may work out. We will have to see.

Last edited:

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I don’t have a deposit can’t afford one, can’t afford a RZR, can am, or rhino right now but sure hope this thing pushes the market so I can pick up something cheap for next winters desert season. Actually I’m really liking the 660 in the for sale section on here but timing isn’t right with our river season starting next weekend and running through august.
But I’ve never seen sooooo much hate from some on something that doesn’t even really exist yet. All most like Robby got ahold of someone’s wife or something personal.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
1st 100% production 4 seat car is done!

Looks like the didn’t use the Dodge headlight switches 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Pics? Was it on the web zoom thing?

Zip through this video. First 20 mins he is going through pics of the Inside and outside.

The car is missing the shifter boots and a couple little fit and finish items.It has the production shocks set up how they have been testing the car (you are not going to get orange and blue springs).

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
@RiverDave you are gonna have some some fab work ahead of you getting the rear bench in there. That rear console is high.

D9757C53-FCD3-4266-B21F-71A13B87EEE9.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave you are gonna have some some fab work ahead of you getting the rear bench in there. That rear console is high.

View attachment 1017749

We are gonna figure out something l.. not an option for me. I have three kids! Lol

That said I picked up a second build slot #528 while we were traveling.. I’m gonna configure it tomorrow. Price was right.

I think I can get 529 as well if you are interested.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
We are gonna figure out something l.. not an option for me. I have three kids! Lol

That said I picked up a second build slot #528 while we were traveling.. I’m gonna configure it tomorrow. Price was right.

El Jefe?….

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Yea let me know. If the price is right I’ll buy it.

As for the seat, I think it just depends on what is under those cup holders.

RaceTec

Reaction score
I am really starting to wish I would have bought in when I saw you at the sand show Dave...

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What the hell ashley. Don’t you already have one

I was/am just gonna resell it, or maybe take this one and sell my original. If you want it Don, I’ll step aside and let you have it.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
That’s why I bought the second one.. lol. With the first production car being done I think we are closer than most think.

Yep. I still think it is gonna be this year, but well into the desert season before we start to see cars in our hot little hands. If they started manufacturing today, it would probably be 90 days until first deliveries. They are going to test those assembly line cars for at least a month, so that puts us at November-December for deliveries.

I'm also using the work done on the Hastings/Speed dealer as an indicator of how close we are are getting :)

I also liked RG's assurance that he is going to hold some of the parts back initially for spares, as he knows people will wad up their cars.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yep. I still think it is gonna be this year, but well into the desert season before we start to see cars in our hot little hands. If they started manufacturing today, it would probably be 90 days until first deliveries. They are going to test those assembly line cars for at least a month, so that puts us at November-December for deliveries.

I'm also using the work done on the Hastings/Speed dealer as an indicator of how close we are are getting :)

I also liked RG's assurance that he is going to hold some of the parts back initially for spares, as he knows people will wad up their cars.

I don’t know why they would have to test all the production cars for a month? Maybe test the first couple?

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting how long it will take to get the cars from China through the ports of Long Beach to then get unloaded. Massive delays on shipping conexs and huge prices as well. Figure a 30-120 day delay there alone

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
I'll be surprised if we see one this year. I was pretty optimistic when Todd said they would have 10 production cars the middle of May to start testing. It's the end of June now, and we only have 1 90% completed car, not 10. I was also surprised that the car hasn't gotten the steering chatter fixed yet, and that they are working on that with Power Steering Solutions at the moment, that, and still on King Springs. Robby hasn't really addressed any issues with the supply chain, and I find it hard to believe that there are none considering what's going on with new cars/trucks, and those guys have MUCH deeper pockets to get stuff made.

While I would love to have my first SXS sometime late summer, I'm not crossing my fingers, but realistically, I don't really need mine anytime soon, as I haven't sold anything to get the Speed car, and I really enjoy my Baja bugs in the desert.

dirtslinger2

Reaction score
You guys are forgetting how long it will take to get the cars from China through the ports of Long Beach to then get unloaded. Massive delays on shipping conexs and huge prices as well. Figure a 30-120 day delay there alone

They are being built in Texas.

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
We are shipping stuff in thru Seattle or Oakland now to bypass the Long Beach what times makes a big difference

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
We are shipping stuff in thru Seattle or Oakland now to bypass the Long Beach what times makes a big difference

Helps but still doesn’t fix the shortage and extreme price increase in a box to ship something right now. Unless Robby wants to pay a premium his stuff is gonna get delayed to just ship from China.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That would be true if they were being assembled in China, which they are not, so this entire post has no accuracy.

Yes some parts are coming from overseas. You act as if their assembly partner that assembles these things didn’t factor in that lead time and that parts haven’t already been started being produced months ago. The assembly line for the car was just dreamt up last week, right?

Last edited:

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
That would be true if they were being assembled in China, which they are not, so this entire post has no accuracy.

Yes some parts are coming from overseas. You act as if their assembly partner that assembles things didn’t factor in that lead time and that parts haven’t already been started to be produced months ago.

What is made in China on it? If you don’t think there is any production delays and shipping delays then you are clearing living in bubble right now dude.

RaceTec

Reaction score
What one of you guys need to do is call in during one of his videos and ask these questions! What is being sourced overseas and what isn't etc. There is a LOT more completed and I believe being made here in the USA than you guys expect at this point!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What is made in China on it? If you don’t think there is any production delays and shipping delays then you are clearing living in bubble right now dude.

Who said there wouldn’t be shipping delays? You are assuming parts from suppliers are not already in the supply chain, and still think the cars a being shipped from China which are both false assumptions. Just like people thought the robots building the chassis wouldn't be done for 6-9 months after seeing the picture of the manufacturing facility and then a chassis popped out 2 weeks later.

Oh they must have just shipped over enough parts to build only 1 functional car in RG's garage.

Say in your lane.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
What one of you guys need to do is call in during one of his videos and ask these questions! What is being sourced overseas and what isn't etc. There is a LOT more completed and I believe being made here in the USA than you guys expect at this point!

Honestly it is immaterial. The only people that are whining are the ones that don't have one. The cars will be ready when they are ready. All these UTVS are made from foreign components, I don't know why we are suddenly scrutinizing this car. If there are production delays, there are production delays. Ford can't even get a Bronco to market right now.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Who said there wouldn’t be shipping delays? You are assuming parts from suppliers are not already in the supply chain, and still think the cars a being shipped from China which are both false assumptions. Just like people thought the robots building the chassis wouldn't be done for 6-9 months after seeing the picture of the manufacturing facility and then a chassis popped out 2 weeks later.

Oh they must have just shipped over enough parts to build only 1 functional car in RG's garage.

Say in your lane.

where is the driveline being made?
What is being made in USA or it’s just finally assembly?

Status
Not open for further replies.