WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm wondering if the shocks are made here. They seem to be using the same set of setup shocks for all the cars. I am just basing that on the spring colors, or maybe they set up several sets of shocks that way.

the springs are kings that they are using until their production springs come in

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
RG said tonight the preproduction cars they are currently finishing up WILL be at The Sand Show. (4) of the 4 seaters, and 2 of the full race chassis they are building for UTV World Championships will be on display.

They have already sold 7 of the race Speed UTVs @ $125k each.

Last edited:

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
The show was really good tonight! It was nice not to hear the same old sales pitch and actually get a real update.

Also you got to love Robby being Robby. If you talk shit about Speed on the interwebs, he will track you down and cancel your order and refund you your money.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
The show was really good tonight! It was nice not to hear the same old sales pitch and actually get a real update.

Also you got to love Robby being Robby. If you talk shit about Speed on the interwebs, he will track you down and cancel your order and refund you your money.
Well, you can't really blame some of the customers. They have been waiting a long time for these cars. I'm definitely not talking shit back at Robbie, but it's been a few years, hasn't it? Someone could have had a bad ass X3 or RZR by now in that time frame.

One of the best comments I liked was from a status update on Instagram by Robbie. Customer said something like "oh thank you for the status update! I was beginning to worry, because you know it's only been 2 years since we gave you money". [emoji44] that comment got some laughs and then was quickly deleted. Lol

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well, you can't really blame some of the customers. They have been waiting a long time for these cars. I'm definitely not talking shit back at Robbie, but it's been a few years, hasn't it? Someone could have had a bad ass X3 or RZR by now in that time frame.

One of the best comments I liked was from a status update on Instagram by Robbie. Customer said something like "oh thank you for the status update! I was beginning to worry, because you know it's only been 2 years since we gave you money". [emoji44] that comment got some laughs and then was quickly deleted. Lol

The cars will be about 1 year and a couple months late. In 3 weeks it will be 2 years since the announcement of the cars. If you truly believed he was gonna build an entire mass produced car from a clean sheet of paper, from the ground up, in 12 months, you were high.

Right now, even with the delays he’s still bringing a new car to market faster than all the other UTV manufacturers have in the past.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
The cars will be about 1 year and a couple months late. If you truly believed he was gonna build an entire mass produced car in 12 months, you were high. Right now, with the delays he’s still bringing a new car to market faster than all the other manufacturers.
True. I had no interest or intention of buying one. By what I've seen, they looks pretty sweet. I'm still on the hunt for a brand new YXZ 1000R SS SE for a shop car.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
True. I had no interest or intention of buying one. By what I've seen, they looks pretty sweet. I'm still on the hunt for a brand new YXZ 1000R SS SE for a shop car.

I get the frustration. But this car, on paper anyway, is wayyyyy better than what was promised 2 years ago.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I get the frustration. But this car, on paper anyway, is wayyyyy better than what was promised 2 years ago.
Yea it's basically a trophy truck on a sxs platform, which is bad ass.

I know a lot of people in the aftermarket sxs parts world (myself included) that are a little bummed that they are building a car that won't have much in the way custom/aftermarket parts. I heard everything will be from them. I don't know how they are doing that, it's just what I heard.

240Hallett

Reaction score

I know a lot of people in the aftermarket sxs parts world (myself included) that are a little bummed that they are building a car that won't have much in the way custom/aftermarket parts. I heard everything will be from them. I don't know how they are doing that, it's just what I heard.
I think one of their main selling points seems to be build the car with all the good shit so you don’t have to go buy the good shit somewhere else.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
I think one of their main selling points seems to be build the car with all the good shit so you don’t have to go buy the good shit somewhere else.
True, but there are a ton of people out there that want their own personal touch so their car stands out from everyone else.

A wrap or custom paint job will only take you so far. At the end of the day, your car is still stock. Aftermarket parts companies thrive on that want and need to stand out.

Plus, it doesn't matter how over engineered or strong a car is, there is always a weak link somewhere. It's up to the aftermarket companies to find the weak link, design something to make it better and put it into production. That's where people get that "personal touch" they are looking for. [emoji108]

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

They have the patent on the geometry/ suspension design or something like that. I think there will be opportunity for a lot of parts and upgrades though. The Speed provided option stuff is expensive for what it is.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

That is where the value is. I don’t have to go out and buy a better cage, chassis bracing, upgraded arms, better seats, better wheels, spare tire storage, etc. that is $10k of crap I just rattled off.

The aftermarket will still end up creating or replacing some of that stuff, just to be different though.

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
They have the patent on the geometry/ suspension design or something like that. I think there will be opportunity for a lot of parts and upgrades though. The Speed provided option stuff is expensive for what it is.
Yea, some of the stuff I see out there for other platforms is outrageous when you look at the price.

But if you want something bad ass, you have to be ready to pony up the dough. In all facets of motorsports/powerboats, custom does not equal cheap. [emoji849][emoji38]

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

This is my critique of ole Uncle Robby, the patents that he has and his willingness to aggressively pursue those patents with cease and desist letters has killed aftermarket support for those of us with XX's.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
This is my critique of ole Uncle Robby, the patents that he has and his willingness to aggressively pursue those patents with cease and desist letters has killed aftermarket support for those of us with XX's.

Yep. The good thing is that it does not look like the car will *need* those heavy components that only he produced this time around.

Things like bumpers, windshields, roofs, mounts for crap, lights, storage, all kinds of interior stuff, and probably some mechanical upgrades will be needed.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
The best thing about the Speed SxS is it’s going to force the other manufacturers to step up their quality game. I just feel bad for everybody who sold their old cars anticipating they would be getting their New Speed this fall. Good friend of mine is kicking himself for selling his perfectly good 200hp RZR Turbo At the end of last season thinking he was going to get his Speed in July/August. Looks like your not going to see these rolling off the assembly line until Summer 2022?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The best thing about the Speed SxS is it’s going to force the other manufacturers to step up their quality game. I just feel bad for everybody who sold their old cars anticipating they would be getting their New Speed this fall. Good friend of mine is kicking himself for selling his perfectly good 200hp RZR Turbo At the end of last season thinking he was going to get his Speed in July/August. Looks like your not going to see these rolling off the assembly line until Summer 2022?

No it is going to be very late this year or Jan ‘22 for first deliveries pending no large issue.

They are testing the preproduction cars right after sand show, make any last adjustments and hit go on assembly line production. They are 98% there.

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
No it is going to be very late this year or Jan ‘22 for first deliveries pending no large issue.

They are testing the preproduction cars right after sand show, make any last adjustments and hit go on assembly line production. They are 98% there.

All indications point to this being accurate and hopefully they can ramp it as quickly as they area hoping and get to their daily production goal.

My only hiccup on all of this is, remember back when there was an issue with clutching that was to blame for the cars not making it for 2020 delivery? Looking back, that definitely appears to have been a bit of a lie or a bit of ignorance on part of the Speed team, how do we know there isn't something else lurking.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
All indications point to this being accurate and hopefully they can ramp it as quickly as they area hoping and get to their daily production goal.

My only hiccup on all of this is, remember back when there was an issue with clutching that was to blame for the cars not making it for 2020 delivery? Looking back, that definitely appears to have been a bit of a lie or a bit of ignorance on part of the Speed team, how do we know there isn't something else lurking.

It was absolutely an excuse, and/or a lie. I don’t think they ever said “This is why we aren’t delivering” but they certainly blamed it for slowing the process down. They seemed to have used the time wisely and refined other aspects of the car during that downtime.

To your point, they were not ready to assemble cars then, probably for multiple reasons. I think gearing up for mass production took (is taking) longer than they anticipated as well.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Where are they at with smog certification on the powerplant? I know that can be a nightmare and take forever?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Where are they at with smog certification on the powerplant? I know that can be a nightmare and take forever?

I have not looked in the last couple months

They have said that is “done”.

I can’t find the engine in any of the publicly available CARB materials... but I can’t find the Polaris 2L for their new car in there either.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

Haha we shall see. Looking at some of those robotic welds I seen on last weeks YouTube Presentation I think they’re a lot farther behind than 98% ready to roll. Some of those looked liked they hired a grip of 2nd Graders to work the welding jigs, lol 😂
1630689341192.png

JayBreww

Reaction score
The cars will be about 1 year and a couple months late. In 3 weeks it will be 2 years since the announcement of the cars. If you truly believed he was gonna build an entire mass produced car from a clean sheet of paper, from the ground up, in 12 months, you were high.

Right now, even with the delays he’s still bringing a new car to market faster than all the other UTV manufacturers have in the past.

I think a lot of buyers were under the impression that cars were already being built at the show. What did they have, 6 display cars that sold everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Haha we shall see. Looking at some of those robotic welds I seen on last weeks YouTube Presentation I think they’re a lot farther behind than 98% ready to roll. Some of those looked liked they hired a grip of 2nd Graders to work the welding jigs, lol 😂 View attachment 1045307

Looks about like Polaris weld quality :) Customer cars are not going to come out like that.

These are “preproduction” cars for a reason. If that is the biggest problem, we are home free.

The cars are coming, they can’t afford to let this slip past another Off Road season.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

I’d be one of those people.. bummed I sold my can Am

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I think a lot of buyers were under the impression that cars were already being built at the show. What did they have, 6 display cars that sold everyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one was under that impression that gave them a deposit. They had 2 stretched 4 seat Wildcat XX based cars. They said those cars were the prototype / proof of concept vehicles. They were very open that the final car would be “like” this, and they were designing and bringing the cars to market. The project just exploded in scope.

The car they have built is better in every way than the prototypes they showed 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Javajoe

Reaction score
We need this man negotiating with the taliban 😂

http://instagr.am/p/CTXg2PzJZDM/
Guy is just a LITTLE full of himself.
Sounds like Liam Neeson 😆 talking about I will find you. Funny how he says he will sell it to someone else the SAME DAY. 🤦‍♂️
Sorry, great Racer but a tool. Can’t wait to hear what he says when they get sold and some bad reviews come out about certain things. All stuff has good and bad reviews.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Guy is just a LITTLE full of himself.
Sounds like Liam Neeson 😆 talking about I will find you. Funny how he says he will sell it to someone else the SAME DAY. 🤦‍♂️
Sorry, great Racer but a tool. Can’t wait to hear what he says when they get sold and some bad reviews come out about certain things. All stuff has good and bad reviews.

He will sell the spot same day. I’ve already “made” $10k On 2 cars because of MSRP increases. Early cars were $6k cheaper. I have a couple people a month DMing me asking if I know of spots for sale.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
I’m gonna draw a picture for you

you said dec or Jan you would have your car

I said want to bet

You made a bet for Fucking Feb

see the issue there. Of course you don’t.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m gonna draw a picture for you

you said dec or Jan you would have your car

I said want to bet

You made a bet for Fucking Feb

see the issue there. Of course you don’t.

You asked If I wanted to bet.. that was the bet. You declined. Go be poor elsewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.