WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

DLC

Reaction score
So i was talking to my high school buddy who is a GM at a Motorsports dealership, can am is slowly delivering units to dealers / allocation will be slow to arrive….
so prices will remain high. Doesn’t make much sence to blow out cars if you have to wait to get more stock.

im wondering if Berts and the other dealers will a huge car selection at the sand show, like in past years.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
So i was talking to my high school buddy who is a GM at a Motorsports dealership, can am is slowly delivering units to dealers / allocation will be slow to arrive….
so prices will remain high. Doesn’t make much sence to blow out cars if you have to wait to get more stock.

im wondering if Berts and the other dealers will a huge car selection at the sand show, like in past years.

Blow out pricing = MSRP + fees lol.

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
AZ West has almost nothing on the lot
8FC3E3E9-71D3-450A-A43C-6FC2AE5A14A5.jpeg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I understand buying and selling cars for profit, but I can't wait to get mine and I'm definitely not going to sell it anytime soon. I configured it and purchased all of the accessories exactly how I want it.

Hopefully we get the car's by the beginning of next year. I have a group trip planned for Saint Anthony's in June.

El Jefe #792

Screenshot_20210504-182647~2.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I understand buying and selling cars for profit, but I can't wait to get mine and I'm definitely not going to sell it anytime soon. I configured it and purchased all of the accessories exactly how I want it.

Hopefully we get the car's by the beginning of next year. I have a group trip planned for Saint Anthony's in June.

El Jefe #792

View attachment 1047940

That looks good. I am hoping I don’t regret the black wheels immediately. I know the machined ones will look good for longer.

I am likely keeping #1010, which is my original car.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
That looks good. I am hoping I don’t regret the black wheels immediately. I know the machined ones will look good for longer.

The one I got for you is 327 right? Are you selling that one?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score

I'm kinda old school and don't really like the all blacked out look. I'm a bright and shiny kinda guy

Eventually I will have the wheels polished, nickel plate all of the suspension and have polished stainless bumper's.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Bottom line folks. biden was NOT ELECTED President of the United States 11/3/20. biden was HIRED President of the United States 11/3/20. Anyone 70 years of age and older understands the disgrace of events going down as we speak.
Thank God many of us young or old have the fortitude and guts to see us thru the next few years. History will be the truth and fact.
Im pretty sure biden is why these cars are late.
Lol.

I was thinking about this....my current utv is amazing. About the time these speed are delivered and bugs worked out the timing is right to get something else. This delay is working in my favor 😀

Reactions: DLC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Im pretty sure biden is why these cars are late.
Lol.

I was thinking about this....my current utv is amazing. About the time these speed are delivered and bugs worked out the timing is right to get something else. This delay is working in my favor 😀

You won’t want a new one once you actually do the suspension on yours.

riverroyal

Reaction score
You won’t want a new one once you actually do the suspension on yours.
I hope. New springs next friday. Set up for havasu only and washboards. Big whoops have been fine. G outs arent a thing for me, no dunes. Jumping spills beer.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I hope. New springs next friday. Set up for havasu only and washboards. Big whoops have been fine. G outs arent a thing for me, no dunes. Jumping spills beer.

It will be way better. When you get the springs you’ll realize nothing was fine before. Take the time to mess with the shocks a bit after the spring change and it will save lots of spilled beer.

bentprops

Reaction score
Cool update tonight on parts and the race car builds for the Sand Show next week.

They got in a ton of production parts to put on the race cars. The parts are showing look really good. The CV cover and bracing system looks bad ass. - Full cast aluminum CV covers with quick release latches. Integrated clutch support bearings tying both clutches together, cast in provision to add a cooling fan (fits same fan that is on the radiators). You’ll need gloves to change a belt though, that thing will be warm!

All the suspension hardware is 19mm / 3/4” except the rear trailing arm bolts, and there are only like half a dozen different bolt lengths that hold everything on.

No they are not using Dodge truck light switches, they have their own. Car will be keyless start with a fob and a push button. There will be the 300 HP key, a regular key and each has a valet mode.

Looking forward to next Friday night when they pull the covers off these things at the show.
I dont know as i call 10 sets of tail lights a ton.

JayBreww

Reaction score
"Don't touch the cars, the doors don't open and close right. "- Robby Gordon 🤦‍♀️
Hasn’t this car been out for “months” in the test phase? He said they have to put a shim in it? But then change the mold? Why didn’t he put the shim in for the event?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
God I want one of these bad!!!! Just can’t justify the price right now

JayBreww

Reaction score
On the live feed everyone seems to be having a good time. Good for RG and his crew. Looking forward to checking the cars out tomorrow.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
It’s not the price it’s the lack of cars that scares me 😂😂😂

Don’t order a Bronco or any new car then.

Just got home from the show. The cars are pretty awesome overall. The examples there weren’t perfect, but they are preproduction cars they rushed to get there. Things like the door and tailgate latches needed adjustment, there was a panel missing her on there on a couple of them, just stuff like that. I sat in them, the driving position and ergonomics are are awesome. Visibility is great, space in the bed with the spare is huge. I’m pretty happy. If they tune up a few things on the overall finish, these will be fine.
DB1BB9A1-58E3-40FE-9F67-64ECE3C68B44.jpeg
59EF8497-33D7-4F03-9C88-FCE492F6DF8D.jpeg
E16B0130-12A8-4652-9B76-EDEF7E55D174.jpeg
6A7FF4F7-09EA-4E99-AD7E-35982258BD6A.jpeg
B1D9230D-09D0-4066-86DA-4CECE8E62162.jpeg
92F7E112-DDB4-4B96-A861-A8205348F257.jpeg
9452451F-2624-4BB3-80C7-97577EEE93EA.jpeg
266C6D69-8B15-46A1-938A-4ED624FE32FC.jpeg
DBEB6ADD-7FFD-440A-9529-0BDA81BCD42B.jpeg
5433D053-A7CD-4187-B0BE-1A7999172416.jpeg
0571AA19-29F2-4ED3-94FF-136C36EBF05B.jpeg
401F3FDA-0E5F-4D25-A505-DDC902E12C9F.jpeg
AF8F85CA-24DD-49B5-B041-C58734FA1488.jpeg

Last edited:

DLC

Reaction score
Omg you were at the show! Next time let’s have beers in the parking lot! Before we go in…

lol

JayBreww

Reaction score
Don’t order a Bronco or any new car then.

Just got home from the show. The cars are pretty awesome overall. The examples there weren’t perfect, but they are preproduction cars they rushed to get there. Things like the door and tailgate latches needed adjustment, there was a panel missing her on there on a couple of them, just stuff like that. I sat in them, the driving position and ergonomics are are awesome. Visibility is great, space in the bed with the spare is huge. I’m pretty happy. If they tune up a few things on the overall finish, these will be fine. View attachment 1050654 View attachment 1050655 View attachment 1050656 View attachment 1050657 View attachment 1050658 View attachment 1050659 View attachment 1050660 View attachment 1050661 View attachment 1050662 View attachment 1050663 View attachment 1050665 View attachment 1050666 View attachment 1050667
Do you still think by the end of January?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Why? I basically have to hose off mud on my Can Am seats sometimes. How do clean mud off of suede?

No idea. That’s why I didn’t get that model. I got the LE model with vinyl seat covers.

They are alcantara so more durable than suede, but they aren’t gonna look good after couple trips in the dirt and a couple cleanings. It will probably be ok for the sand guys.

That said, a lot of people like to just keep their cars in the garage to look at them :)

Dirty Air

Reaction score
Does anybody know of someone that has a pre order 2 seat El diablo LE that wants to sell their spot? I got cash in hand and ready to pull the trigger. I was going to pre order Last year when the price was lower but was not financially able to. I understand that some have become available on Facebook but I'm not much of a social media guy (No FaceF*ck account) any help would be appreciated.

lavey jr

Reaction score
Went to the sand show today.
My take on the Speed UTV.

I really like the look of the car in all aspects.
There was a lot of questionable welds on the chassis. Welds on the cage and suspension parts all looked good to me.
The doors don’t fit well, hard time opening and closing them properly. They also felt very flimsy to me when open.
The race car had a full billet front bulkhead/diff while the production cars were cast. I understand why but seeing the two at the same time makes you wish damn I want that billet piece.
The body panels, in my opinion, look good visually but feel cheap and looking up close they look cheap.
The rear bed is awesome and I really like that and the radiator cover actually looks nice even though I liked the visible fans in all the presentations. I’m sure you could remove that if you wanted.

Overall it’s still on my list of wanting to get this rather than another Polaris or Can Am. But I hope they sort out these fine details and quality control stuff. I’m also looking forward to the enclosed version.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Went to the sand show today.
My take on the Speed UTV.

I really like the look of the car in all aspects.
There was a lot of questionable welds on the chassis. Welds on the cage and suspension parts all looked good to me.
The doors don’t fit well, hard time opening and closing them properly. They also felt very flimsy to me when open.
The race car had a full billet front bulkhead/diff while the production cars were cast. I understand why but seeing the two at the same time makes you wish damn I want that billet piece.
The body panels, in my opinion, look good visually but feel cheap and looking up close they look cheap.
The rear bed is awesome and I really like that and the radiator cover actually looks nice even though I liked the visible fans in all the presentations. I’m sure you could remove that if you wanted.

Overall it’s still on my list of wanting to get this rather than another Polaris or Can Am. But I hope they sort out these fine details and quality control stuff. I’m also looking forward to the enclosed version.

Agreed on all counts. It appeared all the latches are adjustable so I’m thinking that part will be easy to fix. It looked like they were putting the final touches on stuff and just ran out of time. Each one had a couple pieces missing, a seat on one, a muffler on another, a couple interior panels on a third. The doors were hollow feeling, but that said, what we have now on cars are are just pieces of tin. A Polaris General or even a Pro XP door feels a little more substantial. It did feel like the doors were the right size though. Getting in the back wasn’t too bad at all, and the front had a good amount of room.

I’m not overly concerned with the cage welds as these were literally the first ones built. They will dial that stuff in as we get closer.

Last edited:

lavey jr

Reaction score
Agreed on all counts. It appeared all the latches are adjustable so I’m thinking that part will be easy to fix. It looked like they were putting the final touches on stuff and just ran out of time. Each one had a couple pieces missing, a seat on one, a muffler on another, a couple interior panels on a third. The doors were hollow feeling, but that said, what we have now on cars are are just pieces of tin. That said, a Polaris General door feels a little more substantial. It did feel like the doors were the right size though. Getting in the back wasn’t too bad at all, and the front had a good amount of room.

I’m not overly concerned with the cage welds as these were literally the first ones built. They will dial that stuff in as we get closer.

Yes I agree and understand these cars aren’t ones to base my deal or no deal of the end full release cars and that these were obvious they weren’t fully finished and got done what they could to make the show. At least we all have a hands on look at these and have an idea on the cons to look out for and judge their quality improvement when they finally hit the public hands.

Also, looking at these Speed UTV’s and knowing the price of them I’m sure waking through the Bert’s Mega Mall area looking at the RZR and Can Am prices made a lot of people happy with the price of the Speed haha

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yes I agree and understand these cars aren’t ones to base my deal or no deal of the end full release cars and that these were obvious they weren’t fully finished and got done what they could to make the show. At least we all have a hands on look at these and have an idea on the cons to look out for and judge their quality improvement when they finally hit the public hands.

Also, looking at these Speed UTV’s and knowing the price of them I’m sure waking through the Bert’s Mega Mall area looking at the RZR and Can Am prices made a lot of people happy with the price of the Speed haha

That’s for sure on the pricing of new machines. You are better off dropping your car off at TMW, SDR, or Madigan or anywhere reputable for a few $K more than the Berts build with wheels, seats, lights, stereo and a cage :)

One thing that seemed better than I expected was the digital dash in the Speed car. It actually looked really nice. The shifters felt great, as did the steering wheel/ steering column assembly, and everything the driver touches. You can tell that someone that is a driver had input on how things should feel and where things should be placed. All that stuff felt very solid with no slop or play.

lavey jr

Reaction score
That’s for sure on the pricing of new machines. You are better off dropping your car off at TMW, SDR, or Madigan or anywhere reputable for a few $K more than the Berts build with wheels, seats, lights, stereo and a cage :)

One thing that seemed better than I expected was the digital dash in the Speed car. It actually looked really nice. The shifters felt great, as did the steering wheel/ steering column assembly, and everything the driver touches. You can tell that someone that is a driver had input on how things should feel and where things should be placed. All that stuff felt very solid with no slop or play.

Forgot to mention that!
Driver seat feel is awesome, as is the rest of the seating. The dash display is very nice. I love the ratcheting shifter feel! I’ll be excited to see how that feels while the engine is running and at different speeds. Plus the overdrive gear!
One thing I hated about my RZR was the whole stopping or slowing for the 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.