WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I find that hard to believe. He is doing more PR cleanup than Jen Psaki.

Not necessarily, it's something he's passionate about and he makes it a point to refute what he believes is misinformation. Is he drinking a little more coolaid than most? Sure, but I can't necessarily blame him. It's a badass car and should be awesome when it's done.

I'm an RG fanboy myself (own a XX) and it' crazy to see how much of this looks similar. Doors, latches, hinge mechanism, interior layout and design, cage design etc etc. I think it's disingenuous to say he started from a blank slate.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Lucky the show was in a better hood. If it was like the LA auto show, That thing would have been a bare carcass after the vultures were done picking at it.
The only thing left would have been the gusset with "The Bolt". lol!

cold_one

Reaction score
So where’s the pic of the bolt?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8193D2A6-9463-4197-A3CE-8585BD9CF3F0.png
F55FB005-5DB3-478A-BDC1-339400AE7BA1.png

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Not necessarily, it's something he's passionate about and he makes it a point to refute what he believes is misinformation. Is he drinking a little more coolaid than most? Sure, but I can't necessarily blame him. It's a badass car and should be awesome when it's done.

I'm an RG fanboy myself (own a XX) and it' crazy to see how much of this looks similar. Doors, latches, hinge mechanism, interior layout and design, cage design etc etc. I think it's disingenuous to say he started from a blank slate.

I’ve never been under the illusion that these car were going to be on time going back 2 years.

I’ve told everyone parts and support are going to be a problem early on.

I’ve always said these cars will have their problems just like anything else.

The rest has been bringing info that I know to the group and correcting the same misinformation that comes up page after page.

Cars made in China (Actually Texas)

The welding robots won’t be set up for 9 months (robots welding stuff 1 month later)

They have no parts (pictures of parts)

They won’t get here from China for the show (5 days later they magically appear for the show)

They aren’t doing enough testing (they have been testing for a year, RDP members have even seen the test mules)

You are never going to get your car (Why do you care?)

There is a bolt in the weld of a gusset in a preproduction car, the sky is falling the entire car is crap (It is preproduction, it will 100% be fixed)

I don’t like that RG showed off incomplete preproduction cars (Then don’t buy one. The vast majority of people were happy to get a look at the progress made.)

That sums up 35 pages. If stating the obvious, and putting forth the knowledge I gather for the group makes me a zealot, - whatever, I’m guilty I guess.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Well this thread was started April 2020. So…

And post 8 was mostly spot on. Missed it on the suspension and the price getting raised after the commit, but was right about the impending recession :) Been saying the cars will be late for 2 years.

These questions are why I didn't put down a deposit at the sand show. There was so little info then - 1 Liter engine car with 200 HP, 300HP car would have a 1.3L engine, what options come with it, what don't etc. The prototypes looks really cool. I crawled all over it at the Sand Show. I am with RD, I'd probably buy the key :)

At the time I did not think the 1.3L full optioned 300 HP+ car would be $32K. I still think it will be delivered later than advertised, and still suspect they will jack up the final price.

But selling you a race gas tune for 300HP out of the standard 999 CC turbo engine for 1$ and voiding your warranty... I can see as plausible for $32K.

It sounds like these "launch edition" cars will come with some upgrades that are on the prototype - Seats, roof, etc. which for the $32K price makes them a good deal. It a turn key package for the price.

Suspension seems to be Wildcat XX based, so it is not like a clean sheet of paper.

They are still taking deposits online, so I'm still reasonably confident I could get in line to get one.. especially with the impending recession - which i'm sure will delay production.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I’ve never been under the illusion that these car were going to be on time going back 2 years.

The rest has been bringing info that I know to the group and correcting the same misinformation that comes up page after page.

The welding robots won’t be set up for 9 months (robots welding stuff 1 month later)

They won’t get here from China for the show (5 days later they magically appear for the show)

They aren’t doing enough testing (they have been testing for a year, RDP members have even seen the test mules)

There is a bolt in the weld of a gusset in a preproduction car, the sky is falling the entire car is crap (It is preproduction, it will 100% be fixed)

I don’t like that RG showed off incomplete preproduction cars (then don’t buy one. The vast majority of people were happy to get a look at the progress made.)

That sums up 35 pages. If stating the obvious, and putting forth the knowledge I gather for the group makes me a zealot, - whatever, I’m guilty I guess.

I'm not saying you're doing anything wrong with what you have been saying. All I am saying is that you are more passionate and more committed to correct information being in the public than any of the other thousands of people who have deposits.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Lucky the show was in a better hood. If it was like the LA auto show, That thing would have been a bare carcass after the vultures were done picking at it.
There was a lot more ghetto people there than the last show. I couldn't even get close to a speed car as they were all congregated around it and each seat filled. Had 1 thug cut right in front of beer line. Decided not to say anything his tattoo across his forehead said it all.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
There was a lot more ghetto people there than the last show. I couldn't even get close to a speed car as they were all congregated around it and each seat filled. Had 1 thug cut right in front of beer line. Decided not to say anything his tattoo across his forehead said it all.
Yeah, different crowd than the gardening show.

Duramax

Reaction score
Usually when a thread takes off like this something crazy has happened. The bolt filling the gap is pretty crazy, BUT

I have never witnessed a member respond to almost 100% of negative comments like LOF. I bet in 35 pages he has 85% of the posts.

DUDE, what are you doing!!?? This shit is making you look insane, really.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Not sure who wants to be a beta tester anyway. I’d wait for about the 3rd revision of this car if I was any of you. That means about 2030 or so.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
This was the busiest section of the event. I would love to own one, but I think I will be buying a 2022 Can Am now and maybe buying a Speed in a couple years when they are easy to come by.
IMG_4996.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not sure who wants to be a beta tester anyway. I’d wait for about the 3rd revision of this car if I was any of you. That means about 2030 or so.

Seems like around 5000-6000 people want to?

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
That's when you hand him a 20 and have him order your beer for you

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score

I don’t like that RG showed off incomplete preproduction cars (Then don’t buy one. The vast majority of people were happy to get a look at the progress made.)

1632164090775.gif

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Im not gonna argue if it is a screw or not, it probably is. I don’t know how fine a robot welder can go, so I was asking the question.

I’ve never said these will be without flaws. Nothing is, and that really isn’t even an expectation now or 5 years from now.

Mine will he without flaws.. dunno about yours. 🤪

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Good for them. A fool and his money are soon parted.

and that is ASSUMING the cars will not meet those people's expectations. And you know what they say about ASSuming....

DWC

Reaction score
I know it is an issue. And it is a small gusset we are talking about, not a tube intersection. Do you understand what preproduction means?Again are we judging the entire project based on the first cars assembled that aren’t being sold to customers?
I’m going to have to carry less beer on next seasons trips. Putting together another box with duct tape, straps, tie wire, JB weld and extra bolts. :oops:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I’m going to have to carry less beer on next seasons trips. Putting together another box with duct tape, straps, tie wire, JB weld and extra bolts. :oops:

It’s chinese, so please make sure they are class 12.9 bolts.

Reactions: DWC

702sandman

Reaction score
Did the frames get welded by robots on the pre production cars ? Looks like they need longer bolts also
0686A857-1798-4747-9F15-BF1DDA3DE3B2.png

Attachments

• AD9FD84F-2207-4FA9-95A2-346D465D7A85.png
    AD9FD84F-2207-4FA9-95A2-346D465D7A85.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 153

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Did the frames get welded by robots on the pre production cars ? Looks like they need longer bolts also
View attachment 1051485

Complete amateur hour assembly protocol. At first, I thought I was missing out on the ground floor pricing. Now, I've completely lost interest in this for several reasons. Pre-production or not, that's an embarrassment. both the welds and the bolt length. (good catch)

c_land

Reaction score
These pics are said to be from a couple of weeks ago in Sand hollow

1632178295854.png

1632178269202.png

1632178323170.png

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The Speed car is what we call in the gun industry as

Vapor ware

Also the gun industry companies always say a new product is “2 weeks away” and it’s always bullshit typically

I smell gun smoke every time he posts

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
So apparently the word is the bolt in the weld was supposed to be there.

The mistake was it is should stick out so buyers have a spot to mount the free billet framed 8x10 glossy that Robby will be personally signing for each new owner.

Boy I really feel stupid for not putting down my deposit now...

robby.jpg

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I was was at the sand sport show and the cars looked great. All of the suspension welds were spot on and so were most of the chassis welds. Overall I am really impressed with the cars and the quality of all of the parts. Robby and crew are making great progress and hopefully they can pull the production trigger this year.

702sandman

Reaction score
This has become a bench racing thread.

it’s actually really cool to see his car come from the beginning to where it is now. I’m sure there will be bumps and bruises along the way but it’s a nice insight into the actual production process. I know we have had some issues at Polaris also but they get them fixed and keep moving forward, I’m sure Robbie has sleepless nights lol. In the end I think the competition of a new car coming and other manufacturers releasing new products will only benefit us the consumer in the long run. A big hurdle will also be keeping the customers happy if stuff breaks and there’s no parts right away. One other thing I’m curious about is the test mules that have been running around are they pre production cars that hi sun built completely? To see how their process holds up ? I know the original cars Robbie tested are built differently I’m sure, like the frames, billet front Bulkhead etc. I’m just curious if the production parts have been tested or just his hand built cars.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Usually when a thread takes off like this something crazy has happened. The bolt filling the gap is pretty crazy, BUT

I have never witnessed a member respond to almost 100% of negative comments like LOF. I bet in 35 pages he has 85% of the posts.

DUDE, what are you doing!!?? This shit is making you look insane, really.
You haven’t figured out yet that LOF is the end all, be all of every argument? You can’t even tow a lawn tractor on a harbor freight trailer unless it’s with an F-150. Whatever he owns, or in this case is waiting to own, is THE BEST shit on earth and there’s no debate. How dare you, sir.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
it’s actually really cool to see his car come from the beginning to where it is now. I’m sure there will be bumps and bruises along the way but it’s a nice insight into the actual production process. I know we have had some issues at Polaris also but they get them fixed and keep moving forward, I’m sure Robbie has sleepless nights lol. In the end I think the competition of a new car coming and other manufacturers releasing new products will only benefit us the consumer in the long run. A big hurdle will also be keeping the customers happy if stuff breaks and there’s no parts right away. One other thing I’m curious about is the test mules that have been running around are they pre production cars that hi sun built completely? To see how their process holds up ? I know the original cars Robbie tested are built differently I’m sure, like the frames, billet front Bulkhead etc. I’m just curious if the production parts have been tested or just his hand built cars.

They are testing these cars after they go through them of course and complete the missed details. These are the first all full production part cars built by Hisun. Production parts have been tested in hand built cars to date in different combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.