WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
So tying up a deposit for 2 years is what then.
Are any of those that have deposits out complaining and not able to get their money back in any way? (this includes selling their spot, typically at a profit)

No? Then that argument does not hold water.

Has their been any news of unpaid vendors where Speed is in breech of contract for payment? I haven't heard or seen any so no theft there.

Short of uncertainty of quality (I can understand that, but it is still early) and ASSumptions...... what reasoning or proof do you have to be trolling as hard as you are? Same for Monkeybutt

DwatsPdx

Reaction score
😶

242152077_5199584343401836_6321011974535762247_n.jpg

242323704_6751759511508188_675738857566709647_n.jpg

Attachments

• 242323704_6751759511508188_675738857566709647_n.jpg
    242323704_6751759511508188_675738857566709647_n.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 118
  • 242482941_10159499074583209_3773494590702354028_n.jpg
    242482941_10159499074583209_3773494590702354028_n.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 126

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
That boat was never an investment and it’s still not for sale. Nice try. And you were wrong on that one too 😂😂

Well we will never know sadly. You could get what you were thinking last summer, the market finally came to you... 2 years a pandemic and unprecedented government spending later.

The boat is an investment. It is an investment of your time, in your sanity and family memories.

Everything has a cost. You could have put that money into the markets instead of buying a boat and you’d have half a million dollars today. So you tell Dave he lost money putting down a deposit, so did you buying a boat.

If you guys are all so concerned with how we spent $1500 of our dollars all of a sudden, we will bludgeon you with the results... well I will at least. Dave will probably be more subtle about it. If the Speed cars suck, I will sell it for a profit and buy a new RZR. I am fine either way.

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Well we will never know sadly. You could get what you were thinking last summer, the market finally came to you... 2 years a pandemic and unprecedented government spending later.

The boat is an investment. It is an investment of your time, in your sanity and family memories.

Everything has a cost. You could have put that money into the markets instead of buying a boat and you’d have half a million dollars today. So you tell Dave he lost money putting down a deposit, so did you buying a boat.

If you guys are all so concerned with how we spent $1500 of our dollars all of a sudden, we will bludgeon you with the results... well I will at least. Dave will probably be more subtle about it. If the Speed cars suck, I will sell it for a profit and buy a new RZR. I am fine either way.
Hopefully Karma doesn’t catch up to you while you’re bludgeoning people 😳

outboard_256

Reaction score
The welds I could careless about. I know a ton of fabricators. That crack in the casting is disturbing though and first I have seen of that. The chain crumpled up inside doesn’t matter to me.. it wasn’t ready for Offroad it’s a display model.

Fixing bad welds on something already finished is really hard. Many times its easier to start all over. Its not because the fabricator is not good, its because it will take more time to fix the bad welds then to make a new part. If there are big gaps in fitment you aren't just going to fix it later.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
The welds I could careless about. I know a ton of fabricators. That crack in the casting is disturbing though and first I have seen of that. The chain crumpled up inside doesn’t matter to me.. it wasn’t ready for Offroad it’s a display model.

That crack looks like the breather fitting there might have been hit hard and that is what caused the crack. Probably why the breather fitting isn’t there.. it broke.

DwatsPdx

Reaction score

Yeah the welds arent a big deal on pre production stuff. Once the robots start doing them they will be great. The casting looks like it might have to go back to redesign.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Fixing bad welds on something already finished is really hard. Many times its easier to start all over. Its not because the fabricator is not good, its because it will take more time to fix the bad welds then to make a new part. If there are big gaps in fitment you aren't just going to fix it later.

makes ya wonder how they fix all those wadded race trucks and SXS’s after each race.. lol

Seriously it’s cutting a tube out grinding off the old bullshit making a new tube (if the old one is short) and welding it in.

This is real real basic shit.

to get back to the arguing though I am confident (and I’m one of the real early numbers) that the vehicle I get isn’t gonna look anything like these pics from the sand show

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

To your and everyone’s point on the bad welds - from all the pictures I have seen the bad welds, bolt, etc. appear to only be on one of the chassis. I think that one is literally the first one they made with the robots and fixtures. A couple of the other bad weld pictures are of the same ugly weld on the same chassis and have been floating around for weeks. That black car looks to be that same first chassis and original car they used for some of the assembly mock up.

The other cars were built later, and I have not seen as many or any pictures of the welds on the “later build” cars that were there, those just seem to be missing parts.

Riverryder

Reaction score
The keys to happiness:

An F150, a beat up Mazda Miata, a cobra 230 and an imaginary speed UTV. Wish I’d known this earlier.

Oh, and stay in California and havasu no matter what!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
😂🤣

outboard_256

Reaction score
To your and everyone’s point on the bad welds - from all the pictures I have seen the bad welds, bolt, etc. appear to only be on one of the chassis. I think that one is literally the first one they made with the robots and fixtures. A couple of the other bad weld pictures are of the same ugly weld on the same chassis and have been floating around for weeks. That black car looks to be that same first chassis and original car they used for some of the assembly mock up.

The other cars were built later, and I have not seen as many or any pictures of the welds on the “later build” cars that were there, those just seem to be missing parts.

is this the same car? RD took this pic and from the welds I can see on the top corner don't look great. These aren't just "gussets" that's the main c-pillar of the roll cage.

7C0073D7-24C1-4B0A-8E3B-1D50381BF13E.jpeg

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Just a little guy with a big mouth. Good thing for him he’s hiding behind a keyboard with all of his words of wisdom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
is this the same car? RD took this pic and from the welds I can see on the top corner don't look great. These aren't just "gussets" that's the main c-pillar of the roll cage.

View attachment 1051887

Agreed, those need tuning up, but to be fair, THAT is about what we see in places on a Polaris and Can Am as well.

I don't think that is the same car, as it has the orange cage. But in hindsight, and not trying to get Covid from 1000 people hovering around, I'd be interested in seeing what differences there are or were chassis to chassis. Did they all look like that? Was there improvement seen across the 4 cars that were there?

Did they all have the bolt in them? Did the welds at the front bulkhead look better or the same? Were those C pillar welds better across the other cages or the same?

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
I will give credit to RG for building a real cage that does not have to be changed like the other SXS models, this one might actually survive a true roll over.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Shit now I'm all self conscious about my welds. Since the cages on these are exactly the same, let me know if there are any other specific welds you want photos on to compare the Textron robots to the Hisun robots.

1632241541452.png

1632241545406.png

Reactions: DWC

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Could you imagine if this was a new west coast boat model coming out with flaws......... I wonder if anyone would back that up.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Could you imagine if this was a new west coast boat model coming out with flaws......... I wonder if anyone would back that up.

What are you talking about? Look at all the people that bought Cheetahs for decades. :)

I've seen new Howards and Cobras with sides that had more waves in them than an ocean and people gobbled them up.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
What are you talking about? Look at all the people that bought Cheetahs for decades. :)

I've seen new Howards and Cobras with sides that had more waves in them than an ocean and people gobbled them up.

Pretty much what I said....Lets be honest, no body was thinking Cheetahs were going to be the end all boat, but sold due to price point. Nice try.

On the other hand the Speed Car is/was going to be the be all sxs and no more modification needed after buying one. Time will tell

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Eliminate away 😂

It’s just stupid to keep doing that shit.. and before we go with the “he started it”. I’d like to point out some of the “mature” comments that were made.

it takes two. If someone is poking and prodding me I just say “ok”. I find it saves a lot of time and makes them feel relatively small in the process.

Back to for speed or against.

I’m for. Black magic what ya got. Lol

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It’s just stupid to keep doing that shit.. and before we go with the “he started it”. I’d like to point out some of the “mature” comments that were made.

it takes two. If someone is poking and prodding me I just say “ok”. I find it saves a lot of time and makes them feel relatively small in the process.

Back to for speed or against.

I’m for. Black magic what ya got. Lol
I don’t give a shit who started it I don’t take back anything I said. Yore moderator is a joke

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I don’t give a shit who started it I don’t take back anything I said. Yore moderator is a joke

he doesn’t moderate the main forum. He moderates the dungeon.

stop being a child.. even after I said knock it off your still going

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So I’m right...

What do you mean? I said that 2 years ago and again in the first pages of this thread 18 months ago Repeating the correct information makes you correct too I suppose.

I have never said these would be on time, ever. Q1 of 2021 I thought it would be this July-August, that has passed obviously. We have more clarity now and I think we are 4 months out barring no other issues, which absolutely could pop up.

I also said this months ago, and what I am excited about is that they will be testing these preproduction cars when it is still hot. With the radiator in the back, the cars running hot has been a concern for me since seeing the initial design, especially with a windshield.

gqchris

Reaction score
I was actually wondering how you guys were feeling after that SXS show this weekend? I know @RiverDave mentioned he was uncomfortable a few times with the crowds and you mentioned it also Ashley. How ya guys fairing this week? Kinda kept me away from it knowing how crowded it was gonna be!

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I was actually wondering how you guys were feeling after that SXS show this weekend? I know @RiverDave mentioned he was uncomfortable a few times with the crowds and you mentioned it also Ashley. How ya guys fairing this week? Kinda kept me away from it knowing how crowded it was gonna be!

We are all feeling good here.

At the end of the day I'm not scared of getting Covid, but I'd rather not get sick. I will be honest, I was slightly concerned, and didn't want to sit and hang around with people breathing on me too long, and as you saw people were piled around the cars. Me, my wife and kids were "in the crowd". We found a spot in the back corner of their booth at the back of one of the cars in the hospitality area for the reveal so we had a little space. We hung back until I saw a hole in the crowd around one of the cars and we popped over and each sat in one for a few seconds. Then we got out of there, slathered on some hand sanitizer and went on our way. The rest of the show was not super crowded on Friday. At the Speed booth was the only time I really thought about it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
What do you mean? I said that 2 years ago and again in the first pages of this thread 18 months ago Repeating the correct information makes you correct too I suppose.

I have never said these would be on time, ever. Q1 of 2021 I thought it would be this July-August, that has passed obviously. We have more clarity now and I think we are 4 months out barring no other issues, which absolutely could pop up.

I also said this months ago, and what I am excited about is that they will be testing these preproduction cars when it is still hot. With the radiator in the back, the cars running hot has been a concern for me since seeing the initial design, especially with a windshield.

I just wanted to see how many paragraphs you would write. 🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.