WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

4 seat speed UTV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Your boat won’t run that number is the sand either, what is your point?

We are taking about a multi day rally over multiple terrain types here. Nothing in that rally is running 90 in the sand.

I never mentioned anything about a rally. Just stated no side by side is running that fast in sand due to load

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I never mentioned anything about a rally. Just stated no side by side is running that fast in sand due to load
Once again, pay attention. We were not talking about a sand drag race. We were talking about the Dakar Rally.

That said there are SXSs that will do 90 in the sand. Many of them. Easily. With parts ordered online.

Yes a twin turbo sand car is faster. If you want a sand car, buy a sand car.

Last edited:

riverroyal

Reaction score
cool video. The last minute showed them in a way that they will be driven. 1st few minutes doesnt really show much, all UTVs look like that going 20mph.

DLC

Reaction score
That area they are riding in is a fun spot it’s around the corner from my house.

It’s In between sailing hawks and the pot growers on London Bridge road

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
cool video. The last minute showed them in a way that they will be driven. 1st few minutes doesnt really show much, all UTVs look like that going 20mph.

Last Saturday I was driving on that exact spot they filmed the last minute on. It is a rough, narrow, stretch at the moment.

Reactions: DLC

Taboma

Reaction score
That area they are riding in is a fun spot it’s around the corner from my house.

It’s In between sailing hawks and the pot growers on London Bridge road

Pot growers ? On the Refuge, or Havasu VIP storage or ??

Anyway, in 13 years of owning a SxS in Havasu, never used it on a single local trail, always trailered up to our ranch property. Thought about checking this area out some time mid-week, I'm guessing you can access it right of LB Rd. ?
Don't really want to ride into some Desert Hills cartel pot farm by accident. :oops:

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Anyway, in 13 years of owning a SxS in Havasu, never used it on a single local trail, always trailered up to our ranch property. Thought about checking this area out some time mid-week, I'm guessing you can access it right of LB Rd. ?
Don't really want to ride into some Desert Hills cartel pot farm by accident. :oops:

There are no cartel pot farms out there you will drive into LOL. Yea there are multiple spots to get into that section on LB Rd. Most of the entrances are wide and smooth enough you can just continue at 40 MPH right onto the dirt. You can take that section of dirt east up towards the 95 and it funnels you up to the bridge on the 95 that you can go under and access the trails between Palo Verde North and Tractor Supply. Again this a good area to play around in, and you are close to civilization if something happens.

DLC

Reaction score
234CBF54-0069-4897-9CA8-007C7DA5289B.png
The pot growers are in the white building with all the chain link & barb wire, it’s like the 1st building on the east side heading north after passing sailing hawks and the sand wash.

Disclaimer-
I don’t know for sure if they grow but when you drive past it sure smells like it. Security is high and it has no advertisements on the building, so wife and I call it the pot grower building

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
The pot growers are in the white building with all the chain link & barb wire, it’s like the 1st building on the east side heading north after passing sailing hawks and the sand wash.

Disclaimer-
I don’t know for sure if they grow but when you drive past it sure smells like it. Security is high and it has no advertisements on the building, so wife and I call it the pot grower building

I've seen that place and wondered what's going on. 15-20 years ago, we used to go there for some awesome Mexican food, but I can't recall the name of it. I thought maybe with all the security fencing it was either a "Black Site" or the Desert Hills Brothel or Opium Den :oops:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 1060218 The pot growers are in the white building with all the chain link & barb wire, it’s like the 1st building on the east side heading north after passing sailing hawks and the sand wash.

Disclaimer-

Wow there are a lot more bushes and trees in that wash today than what is in that picture.

Taboma

Reaction score
View attachment 1060218 The pot growers are in the white building with all the chain link & barb wire, it’s like the 1st building on the east side heading north after passing sailing hawks and the sand wash.

Disclaimer-

You just may be 100% correct. It is the old Mexican Restaurant building. But they've added all those airconditioned containers and obviously the security fencing. It's listed as Parker South Farming, Agricultural Engineers. Registered AZ corporation license # L19257603. Their Principle / agent of record is a Scottsdale attorney, Sean M Carroll, that's a registered agent for a whole lot of companies, many agricultural.
Parker South Farming.JPG

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
My friends Dejong monster Manx has a transmission that cost more than my new RZR! Season prep is more than all the upgrades I’d ad to it. Do I love driving/riding in is 125k plus LS powered car he’ll yeah!!! Do I won’t the cost and repair bills? He’ll no!!

RVRKID

Reaction score
Who wants to jump to #35, seems like a great deal😂😂

Attachments

• BCA7764E-7B73-4C3D-AB7E-31692D460D50.png
    BCA7764E-7B73-4C3D-AB7E-31692D460D50.png
    336.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 44D71450-2EFF-48C0-8D5C-F179F6FA73A7.png
    44D71450-2EFF-48C0-8D5C-F179F6FA73A7.png
    351.3 KB · Views: 120
  • 0B5C1F86-3920-469E-A83B-692F3DD8263D.png
    0B5C1F86-3920-469E-A83B-692F3DD8263D.png
    488.1 KB · Views: 134

702sandman

Reaction score
I was hitting 90 on gps in last weeks worlds race in Havasu in the sand washes no problem. At silver state my car topped out at 103 on gps but can’t hold long there due to belt temps. these “golf carts“ beat the fastest 10 car in silver state and the baja 400. The Days of doing 35 mph in our rhinos is long over lol. And honestly I find my self more in my RZR than my buckshot that has a whipped redline motor at The dunes. these things are a blast in every environment
0788CEFA-F2E3-44F6-8133-0855130AF72A.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

boatnam2

Reaction score
You just may be 100% correct. It is the old Mexican Restaurant building. But they've added all those airconditioned containers and obviously the security fencing. It's listed as Parker South Farming, Agricultural Engineers. Registered AZ corporation license # L19257603. Their Principle / agent of record is a Scottsdale attorney, Sean M Carroll, that's a registered agent for a whole lot of companies, many agricultural.
View attachment 1060223
Wish i would of bought stuff out there when they were giving it away, Going to see a lot of biz moving out there in ole parker south.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Geezus a flat landing? Ouch.
It did land great compared to others. Or it was edited that way.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Had i known this was happening this weekend i would have gone. Looks fun.

That video explains what you hear when people say 'oh those break, they have issues with suspension'
Well...no shit

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
No doubt the race car exist even states in the video it’s the race car jumping. It was the only race utv shown jumping. Why didn’t they jump the cars marked pre production? Maybe because it would have taken to much editing to get it to look better than all the other non race utvs in the video? Either way saying the car exist still isn’t true they’re all pre production or race built cars at this point.

I do like these cars don’t get me wrong and would love to own one when they actually exist. But for now the truth is they don’t exist because I don’t see any posts of the owner of car #1 showing off is ride. When he does then yes they will truly exist. Until then?

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Polaris RZR Pro R specs rumor

We present to you what we believe will be dropping later this year.

These are the important changes we can more/less confirm from the 2022 models:
  • Now referred to Pro R, no longer using XP naming
  • New 4-cylinder Polaris ProStar naturally aspirated motor (we've mistakenly called it NorthStar, unverified displacement, probably >1000cc & >200hp)
  • New automatic 5-speed sequential transmission seen on the 2020 Polaris Slingshot; No CVT!
  • New transfer case with split driveshafts featuring 3 u-joints each!
  • New independent front/rear differentials, possibly shift on the fly (as in >5mph)
  • At LEAST 72" wide, but have been told to expect 76 or 78"
  • New beefier front a-arms with new U-shaped uppers to allow for shock mounts on the lower arms!
  • Rear shocks appear to be 3.0" shock bodies, possibly with slow/fast adjustment and rebound; much like the new Can-Am Smart-Shox; 2.5" assumed for the front.
  • New, much larger, trailing arms with exposed stiffening rail.
  • Dual 2-to-1 collectors on the headers, dual to single pipe at the muffler; exits rear-center like Can-Am/Yamaha.
  • New 15" 5-lug wheels that we've seen from spy photos!
  • Appears to have Maxxis Liberty tires, likely 32x10r15!
  • No longer 40/60 balanced... we'll have to see what it comes out to after review units are delivered!
  • Updated ROPS cage with similar geometry.
  • Updated Ride Command with new cluster options.
  • 2 and 4-seat versions already ready, but expect the 4-seat to be announced in the fall; as is Polaris' typical cadence.
What hasn't shown any signs of changing:
  • Overall body design/plastics
  • Interior
  • Bed/Storage

1635213944596.jpeg

Hoonigan Terrorizes City With New 2022 Polaris RZR XP Pro R Side-by-Side​

Big jumps, smoky drifting, and wild stunts in the city streets.​

001 2022 polaris rzr xp pro r hoonigan long beach jump video

Oct 22, 2021
Hot on the heels of the company's cryptic social media teaser, the new 2022 Polaris RZR XP Pro R was just spotted in the leading role of Hoonigan's latest insane YouTube video drop. With professional racer and stunt driver RJ Anderson behind the wheel, the crew took the specially modified Polaris RZR XP Pro R to Hoonigan's back yard, tormenting the streets of downtown Long Beach, California.

Getting' Jiggy With The Hoonigans​

While we still must wait a few weeks (November 9, to be specific) to learn all about this impressive new UTV model from Polaris, handing one over to Hoonigan is a great way to spread the word. In less than 24 hours on YouTube, the jumping, sliding, drifting, and general mayhem have earned more than 300,000 views. And, while a new Polaris side-by-side and RJ Anderson would be enough to bring the views, cameos are made by a few other famous friends including Tanner Foust, Darren Parsons, Blake Wilkey, Vinny Anatra, and Hertrech Eugene Jr.

Walker Evans Shocks And BFG Tires, Oh My!​

By digging into the video, and with the help of a few of our friends on social media, we've been able to confirm a few more details about the upcoming 2022 Polaris RZR XP Pro R model. First, and most obvious, we can see that this particular unit sport shocks from Walker Evans Racing, which are outfitted with Polaris' Dynamix electronic control. Tires are larger than the 2021 Pro model, and the tread pattern of the BFGoodrich Baja T/A KR2 tires match that seen in the teaser. While it's not practical that every Pro R model will get these race tires, it's exciting to see that BFGoodrich might be involved.

New 4-Cylinder 2.0L Engine?​

It would also appear that this RZR XP Pro R is fitted with the rumored 4-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine. Rumors have it that it will displace about two liters, however, to be classified as a Recreational Off-Road Vehicle (ROV) in the United States engine size needs to be under one liter. If this is true it'll be interesting to see how Polaris handles that regulation. Also interesting is the sound of the constant engine RPM, which indicates that a CVT is still employed and not the rumored 5-speed sequential-shift transmission.

Interior Is… The Same​

The interior of the car appears to be the same as the 2021 RZR XP Pro that we've been testing. This particular RZR XP Pro R is fitted with cam-lock harnesses and Sparco seats, which we've got to figure are part of the Hoonigan prep and will not be included in the production side-by-side. It also has a "hoon-handle," better known as a turning brake, which will also not be a feature of the production car (boo!) The RZR XP Pro R does appear to have the Rockford Fosgate audio system, so that's a plus in our book.

Bring On The Jumps!​

The one thing we know for sure is this: Polaris and Hoonigan know how to build excitement. If you haven't seen the Jump Cuts: Sending It In The Streets Of Long Beach video yet check it out below. We can't wait for the official unveiling.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
View attachment 1061036

View attachment 1061037

Oct 22, 2021
Hot on the heels of the company's cryptic social media teaser, the new 2022 Polaris RZR XP Pro R was just spotted in the leading role of Hoonigan's latest insane YouTube video drop. With professional racer and stunt driver RJ Anderson behind the wheel, the crew took the specially modified Polaris RZR XP Pro R to Hoonigan's back yard, tormenting the streets of downtown Long Beach, California.

While we still must wait a few weeks (November 9, to be specific) to learn all about this impressive new UTV model from Polaris, handing one over to Hoonigan is a great way to spread the word. In less than 24 hours on YouTube, the jumping, sliding, drifting, and general mayhem have earned more than 300,000 views. And, while a new Polaris side-by-side and RJ Anderson would be enough to bring the views, cameos are made by a few other famous friends including Tanner Foust, Darren Parsons, Blake Wilkey, Vinny Anatra, and Hertrech Eugene Jr.

By digging into the video, and with the help of a few of our friends on social media, we've been able to confirm a few more details about the upcoming 2022 Polaris RZR XP Pro R model. First, and most obvious, we can see that this particular unit sport shocks from Walker Evans Racing, which are outfitted with Polaris' Dynamix electronic control. Tires are larger than the 2021 Pro model, and the tread pattern of the BFGoodrich Baja T/A KR2 tires match that seen in the teaser. While it's not practical that every Pro R model will get these race tires, it's exciting to see that BFGoodrich might be involved.

It would also appear that this RZR XP Pro R is fitted with the rumored 4-cylinder, naturally aspirated engine. Rumors have it that it will displace about two liters, however, to be classified as a Recreational Off-Road Vehicle (ROV) in the United States engine size needs to be under one liter. If this is true it'll be interesting to see how Polaris handles that regulation. Also interesting is the sound of the constant engine RPM, which indicates that a CVT is still employed and not the rumored 5-speed sequential-shift transmission.

Interior Is… The Same​

The interior of the car appears to be the same as the 2021 RZR XP Pro that we've been testing. This particular RZR XP Pro R is fitted with cam-lock harnesses and Sparco seats, which we've got to figure are part of the Hoonigan prep and will not be included in the production side-by-side. It also has a "hoon-handle," better known as a turning brake, which will also not be a feature of the production car (boo!) The RZR XP Pro R does appear to have the Rockford Fosgate audio system, so that's a plus in our book.

Bring On The Jumps!​

The one thing we know for sure is this: Polaris and Hoonigan know how to build excitement. If you haven't seen the Jump Cuts: Sending It In The Streets Of Long Beach video yet check it out below. We can't wait for the official unveiling.

If only this car that has been rumored for over 2 years existed... 😂

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
So what happens if Polaris offers a bigger then 1000cc engine setup?

The world ends.

This isn’t an IF, the car does have an engine larger than 1000 cc. In fact I’m betting it is 2000cc. They aren’t gonna get 200+ HP out of 1.3L NA 4 cylinder with 9000 RPM.

It does not seem to have the rumored 5 speed gearbox though. It still looks like it has a belt.

And in theory you don’t have to wear a helmet in it per (current) CA law.

702sandman

Reaction score
View attachment 1061036

View attachment 1061037

Oct 22, 2021

Interior Is… The Same​

Bring On The Jumps!​

There is a lot in this upper list that isn’t accurate. Just a FYI

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score

There is a legal grow operation, white brick building with a shit ton of ac units on the roof and rzr wire around it.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
The world ends.

This isn’t an IF, the car does have an engine larger than 1000 cc. In fact I’m betting it is 2000cc. They aren’t gonna get 200+ HP out of 1.3L NA 4 cylinder with 9000 RPM.

It does not seem to have the rumored 5 speed gearbox though. It still looks like it has a belt.

Explain the 1000cc rule to a mouth breather like myself in more detail please.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Explain the 1000cc rule to a mouth breather like myself in more detail please.
Effectively it is no longer governed by the below laws because it is no longer classified as an ROV. I would guess that CA is probably working on changing that right now. In the meantime, they will probably be registered just like a sandrail.

In AZ, there are no engine size requirements for registration, just more affordable to get the OHV decal if your car is less than 1800lb.

I am interested to see how insurance companies will handle the change, especially for CA units registered like a sandrail.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Disclaimer-

It is a grow facility and has been for years.. interesting side note. They had to disable the emergency doors on the facility because people were breaking in somehow opening them with a coat hanger style deal.. 🤪😍

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
The world ends.

Polaris has been testing both the belt driven Pro R and a Pro R with a gearbox in Havasu. Rumor is that the gearbox model will be an option in the next year or two.

They’re sneaky about the machine with a gearbox. Not switching gears when near others out riding but when you’re way off in the boonies it’s definitely got a gearbox.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Polaris has been testing both the belt driven Pro R and a Pro R with a gearbox in Havasu. Rumor is that the gearbox model will be an option in the next year or two.

They’re sneaky about the machine with a gearbox. Not switching gears when near others out riding but when you’re way off in the boonies it’s definitely got a gearbox.

What are you? The LOF for Polaris? :cool::rolleyes:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I keep hearing Can Am has a new gearbox in the works as well.

To me that might mean it still has a belt, with a gear box. If it was gearbox only, it would be a dog if you never shifted around people. With the power these cars are making these days these things need an overdrive/higher top gear. I don't see many people out there wanting to bang gears all day long either.

Reactions: DWC

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I keep hearing Can Am has a new gearbox in the works as well.

To me that might mean it still has a belt, with a gear box. If it was gearbox only, it would be a dog if you never shifted around people. With the power these cars are making these days these things need an overdrive/higher top gear. I don't see many people out there wanting to bang gears all day long either.

I don’t know anything about the CanAm but it wouldn’t surprise me. As the displacement and capabilities get broader they’ll be searching for more efficient and dependable ways to get the power to the wheels.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don’t know anything about the CanAm but it wouldn’t surprise me. As the displacement and capabilities get broader they’ll be searching for more efficient and dependable ways to get the power to the wheels.

I know nothing about the Can Am either, just heard it mentioned a few times by different people.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Well everyone pretty much called you a liar or dismissed you when you said you saw a prototype Speed UTV :)

Ya but in reality who really got the last laugh? It was easy to spot who knew what they were talking about and who didn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.