Reaction score
speedballs.jpg
:rolleyes:

Deckin Around

Reaction score

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
The el jefe was on display yesterday on Fremont at the Mint.

I assume it will be down at buffalo bills at the start/finish today and tomorrow.

67861A39-D649-48CA-A66B-6F2F84DD2DAB.jpeg

yz450mm

Reaction score
For you pro turbo r folks. Lmao this was at a dealer in AZ today and a few pics were taken.
Ho-Lee-Fook, that is one ugly machine. And if those are really the welds, what the f***?

The front Springs look way out of whack, and the "roll cage" is even worse than a stock 2016 yxz cage 😁. Couldn't they at least put an intrusion bar in there, or some corner gussets?

This might hurt some feelings and ruffle some feathers, but can't many of us remember when Polaris was literally a joke in the off-road vehicle (quad) world?

Polaris has never been an innovator of anything, they watched Yamaha birth the (current) side by side with the Rhino and then came up with their own version, then rode their own marketing campaign until now. The only real thing they have on anybody else these days is the live valve shocks, but that won't be exclusive to them for long. Even most Polaris owners will admit that they fit and finish is s***, which I can't understand why that's acceptable for them?

Speed UTV is real, no matter how much a few people want to try and shoot it down. I think that Yamaha also has a new yxz ready to drop that is going to blow everybody away, which is why they're being so secretive. But who knows? Competition is good for everybody, including and especially the consumers.

Happy Friday fuckers!

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Ho-Lee-Fook, that is one ugly machine. And if those are really the welds, what the f***?

The front Springs look way out of whack, and the "roll cage" is even worse than a stock 2016 yxz cage 😁. Couldn't they at least put an intrusion bar in there, or some corner gussets?

This might hurt some feelings and ruffle some feathers, but can't many of us remember when Polaris was literally a joke in the off-road vehicle (quad) world?

Polaris has never been an innovator of anything, they watched Yamaha birth the (current) side by side with the Rhino and then came up with their own version, then rode their own marketing campaign until now. The only real thing they have on anybody else these days is the live valve shocks, but that won't be exclusive to them for long. Even most Polaris owners will admit that they fit and finish is s***, which I can't understand why that's acceptable for them?

Speed UTV is real, no matter how much a few people want to try and shoot it down. I think that Yamaha also has a new yxz ready to drop that is going to blow everybody away, which is why they're being so secretive. But who knows? Competition is good for everybody, including and especially the consumers.

Happy Friday fuckers!

You summed up what I’ve been saying in this thread and the other Pro R thread.

The Polaris bean counters ruin everything they make. I’m sure this car will be good, but it will still need $10k of crap by the time you are done.

All these cars are built to a mass production standard. Those welds are ugly, but they are likely fine structurally.

I looked at a Kawasaki this week, I think that one is really good from a fit and finish perspective. Of the turbo cars, I think Polaris is better than Can Am, but it is a low bar. If Speed falls between those 2, they will be just fine.

The Speed roll cage will be the best and safest on the market by far.

Icky

Reaction score
All these cars are built to a mass production standard. Those welds are ugly, but they are likely fine structurally.
If that was a real "structural " weld, you would be grinding it out to replace it. More than likely you would be grinding it out for the guy that replaces you.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
If that was a real "structural " weld, you would be grinding it out to replace it. More than likely you would be grinding it out for the guy that replaces you.

Then why is that one on the dealer floor for sale, and what robotic welder was replaced? :)

That weld is a structural part of the cage at a multi tube joint. The Speed car bolt was on a small gusset for a tube crossbar.

These are mass produced cars welded by robots. The welds aren’t going to always look perfect.

PlanB

Reaction score
You summed up what I’ve been saying in this thread and the other Pro R thread.

The Polaris bean counters ruin everything they make. I’m sure this car will be good, but it will still need $10k of crap by the time you are done.

I looked at a Kawasaki this week, I think that one is really good from a fit and finish perspective. Of the turbo cars, I think Polaris is better than Can Am, but it is a low bar. If Speed falls between those 2, they will be just fine.

The Speed roll cage will be the best and safest on the market by far.

I don't have any welds on my X3 frame that look anywhere near that bad. If that is a typical weld on a RZR, I am not sure I would put it above Can Am.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Happy Friday fuckers!
Years back i was asked to race for polaris on their new pwc factory team
It was like signing your racing death certificate. I passed for less lucrative deal.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I don't have any welds on my X3 frame that look anywhere near that bad. If that is a typical weld on a RZR, I am not sure I would put it above Can Am.
Many Can Am welds and chassis parts just break after 2000-3000 miles. I'm not saying that to be pejorative, but out of all the cars Can Ams seem to need the most maintenance or upgrades as they are used. I'd also say as of this moment they are probably the best overall performing cars on the market.

Honestly I'm sure RZRs in the future will look better.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Many Can Am welds and chassis parts just break after 2000-3000 miles. I'm not saying that to be pejorative, but out of all the cars Can Ams seem to need the most maintenance or upgrades as they are used. I'd also say as of this moment they are probably the best overall performing cars on the market.

I would distinguish that the X3 issues appear to be design related and not due to QC. The fact that all suspension components are single shear doesn't have anything to do with welds, just a poor design.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I would distinguish that the X3 issues appear to be design related and not due to QC. The fact that all suspension components are single shear doesn't have anything to do with welds, just a poor design.

No this is actual components breaking. I know half a dozen guys that have all broken the same stuff at basically the same mileage. These are fully built cars with all the gusseting and are used but not abused. The forums pretty much echo the same story.

The trailing arms simply age out and start cracking everywhere. The front ends start stress cracking, transmission mounts fail, hubs break.

There is a reason Geiser makes replacement frames for the Can Am. People that drive their cars hard are constantly chasing stress cracks as the cars age.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
No this is actual components breaking. I know half a dozen guys that have all broken the same stuff at basically the same mileage. These are fully built cars with all the gusseting and are used but not abused. The forums pretty much echo the same story.

The trailing arms simply age out and start cracking everywhere. The front ends start stress cracking, transmission mounts fail, hubs break.

There is a reason Geiser makes replacement frames for the Can Am. People that drive their cars hard are constantly chasing stress cracks as the cars age.
Ahh gotcha I misunderstood what you were saying.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure Rhys Millen also sells full chromoly rzr chassis for the same reason

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Ahh gotcha I misunderstood what you were saying.

In fairness, I'm pretty sure Rhys Millen also sells full chromoly rzr chassis for the same reason

Rhys Millen will build you a car, not sure if they will sell you just the chassis, but I get your point. However, I don't have any friends starting to think about the possibility of getting new RZR chassis down the road though.

Again, I'm not saying this to be disparaging to Can Am. These are mass produced cars made to sell at a price point. The all have their problems and quirks. Up to this moment the Can Am seems to be the best car out there, it just needs extra maintenance. But all of them are all getting better every year.

I will wager in a few months the RZR welds in that area will look better.

If someone wants a tig welded hand made 100% in the USA car you can buy one. Just not for $35K.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
66 pages later I’m convinced my Jeep Gladiator as built and as modified is a far better value than any of these “cars” and while they’re different vehicles for different purposes there’s a lot to be said for Jeeping with A/C, heat, no dust, no helmets and no intercoms.

I’ve considered buying a SxS but none of this encourages me to make the leap

3736F01C-DE93-4865-93B9-F7EC24497951.jpeg

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
66 pages later I’m convinced my Jeep Gladiator as built and as modified is a far better value than any of these “cars” and while they’re different vehicles for different purposes there’s a lot to be said for Jeeping with A/C, heat, no dust, no helmets and no intercoms.

View attachment 1071853

Yawn. That is probably better for everyone.

Enjoy your jeep. It will hold its value better than a SXS.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score

View attachment 1071853
Definitely multiple ways to have fun in the dirt and no right answer. You will be climate controlled and cleaner, us sxs folks can cover a lot more ground in a day at higher speeds

WhatExit?

Reaction score
Definitely multiple ways to have fun in the dirt and no right answer. You will be climate controlled and cleaner, us sxs folks can cover a lot more ground in a day at higher speeds
Depends on the terrain

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
For the most part for me a wheel is a wheel,never quite understood the interest regarding style. For sure Bead Lock & size major reasoning for replacing stock.
But,gotta say those wheels on your Jeep look awesome. Perfect for that vehicle. 👍
3A88E09A-D848-45B8-8584-9C1402ADD517.jpeg

PlanB

Reaction score

View attachment 1071853

I own both and they are completely different animals. It will take you forever to get anywhere in a Jeep on any of the terrain around Havasu. I like take our's out to the BLM area on the California side of parker. The trails are not as chewed up and there are some decent hills to crawl up and down. We took the Jeep once from the Bunker bar back to our house, and the trails South of the Bunker bar are brutal in the Jeep unless you are going really slow.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

If you went jeep speed in a SXS, the SXS would literally last decades and probably never break.. maybe an axle here or there.

If you tried to go SXS speed in a modded jeep, you’d be immobile and needing thousands of dollars worth of repair in 10 mins.

Both are fun, both are different.

riverroyal

Reaction score

Many speed cars have welds that fail at......oh wait. Too soon

counterpart7

Reaction score
Then why is that one on the dealer floor for sale, and what robotic welder was replaced? :)

That weld is a structural part of the cage at a multi tube joint. The Speed car bolt was on a small gusset for a tube crossbar.

These are mass produced cars welded by robots. The welds aren’t going to always look perfect.
Not for sale. Brandon Sims KOH car, goes to Lone Star Racing next.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Not for sale. Brandon Sims KOH car, goes to Lone Star Racing next.

So it’s a preproduction car? How poetic.

If we go with the logic laid out in this thread -

How could Polaris let this out of the factory, ever? Polaris is going out of business with a weld like that. The cars and brand are crap, and anyone that is waiting to buy one is an idiot. There is no way anyone will get a nice car based off this preproduction unit that can’t be improved upon in any was before these cars go in to be mass produced.

Also these don’t exist.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Reaction score
You never hesitate to insult those who don’t agree with your all-knowing opinions

Hermosa

Pibb + Red Vines = CD
Reaction score
For you pro turbo r folks. Lmao this was at a dealer in AZ today and a few pics were taken. View attachment 1071720 View attachment 1071721 View attachment 1071722
If you think those welds are bad, you should look at my 2018 Can Am. It was horrible, and the fit and finish was the worst ever. I didn't look at it before I bought it. That was a mistake. I wanted to blame it on being built on a Friday, but I don't think welding robots care about Fridays.

riverroyal

Reaction score
this was on page 3!!!!! Blasphemy

I watched 5 minutes of the last speed presentation. The car may into production in a few months, minus a engine

riverroyal

Reaction score
yes, they started talking about new cranks, coated pistons, oil pumps, bearings, shifting...Im afraid the motor is no where close to mass production. Obviously getting it right is key, but trying these new parts doesnt sound great.
On the flip side it will give Carl1 more time to secure pre sales

Singleton

Reaction score
this was on page 3!!!!! Blasphemy

I watched 5 minutes of the last speed presentation. The car may into production in a few months, minus a engine

you watched 5 minutes, I had to stop watching the updates. Being in sales I thought they would be more polished, they are more like an open dialogue (not what I consider a product update).

I keep looking at those lower number spots being sold and think about taking advantage. However until a production date is released and cars are rolling off the line, I am staying on the sideline. Might pay more, but I like to earn the juice on my money vs letting someone else earn it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
yes, they started talking about new cranks, coated pistons, oil pumps, bearings, shifting...Im afraid the motor is no where close to mass production. Obviously getting it right is key, but trying these new parts doesnt sound great.
On the flip side it will give Carl1 more time to secure pre sales
If you want to keep thinking what they are talking out in these announcements is all present tense, you can but that is not the reality.

Just like the welding robots and chassis jigs at the factory, you said it would take them 9 months to be operational, and they had full chassis in like 6 weeks.

Just like everyone said there was no way they could get the preproduction cars from the factory to the Sand Show in time.

It isn't because they have some magic R&D process, it is because they are controlling what information is released when.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
you watched 5 minutes, I had to stop watching the updates. Being in sales I thought they would be more polished, they are more like an open dialogue (not what I consider a product update).

I keep looking at those lower number spots being sold and think about taking advantage. However until a production date is released and cars are rolling off the line, I am staying on the sideline. Might pay more, but I like to earn the juice on my money vs letting someone else earn it.

Delivery dates are starting to be being thrown around, so either its gonna happen or be an embarrassing miss.

HTTP404

New But Seasoned Inmate #2002
Reaction score
If you want to keep thinking what they are talking out in these announcements is all present tense, you can but that is not the reality.

Just like the welding robots and chassis jigs at the factory, you said it would take them 9 months to be operational, and they had full chassis in like 6 weeks.

Just like everyone said there was no way they could get the preproduction cars from the factory to the Sand Show in time.

It isn't because they have some magic R&D process, it is because they are controlling what information is released when.

Thanks for the clarification Baghdad Bob!

HotRod82

Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if the hold up is due to product liability insurance and other legal issues.......

Status
Not open for further replies.