WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

40' Skater on the river?

DickieB

Reaction score
This past weekend there appeared to be what I thought was a solid white 40' Skater romping up and down the river at about 75-80 or so............VERY NOISY so probably had BIG Power........Seemed to be a little large for the river but pretty damn impressive!
Anyone know who that was and was it a 40' Skater? (No issues, just damn jealous!) :eek :)

2Driver

Reaction score
Came through up river way too fast imo for the amount of traffic.

HgH Vltg

Reaction score
I saw A LOT of big boys out there this weekend. Big Cats, big V's.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
He was seen making bad decisions all weekend long. I followed him on the 95 from Havasu and watched him pass a car on the shoulder going past Schooner's (Tommy's) by the dam. When I say shoulder I mean in the dirt, spitting rocks on a two lane road. Later we saw him pass the sandbar going fast enough that he would have killed someone if they turned in his way. I hear it took him about 30 min to put it on the trailer at the public ramp on one engine. Seems like a real legit guy to have on the water :thumbsup

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
He was seen making bad decisions all weekend long. I followed him on the 95 from Havasu and watched him pass a car on the shoulder going passed Schooner's (Tommy's) by the dam. When I say shoulder I mean in the dirt, spitting rocks on a two lane road. Later we saw him pass the sandbar going fast enough that he would have killed someone if they turned in his way. I hear it took him about 30 min to put it on the trailer at the public ramp on one engine. Seems like a real legit guy to have on the water :thumbsup

Just because you have money, doesn't mean you have brains. Maybe KARMA got him and one of his engines blew.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
He was seen making bad decisions all weekend long. I followed him on the 95 from Havasu and watched him pass a car on the shoulder going passed Schooner's (Tommy's) by the dam. When I say shoulder I mean in the dirt, spitting rocks on a two lane road. Later we saw him pass the sandbar going fast enough that he would have killed someone if they turned in his way. I hear it took him about 30 min to put it on the trailer at the public ramp on one engine. Seems like a real legit guy to have on the water :thumbsup

WONDERFUL:rolleyes

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Oddly, RD saw the guy make the same dukes of hazard pass in the same place the day before. :eek

mbrown2

Reaction score

Ditto...as much I liked the look and the filthy sound of the boat he was not driving good for the conditions...way too fast through floating traffic near the dam and then cut it very close to one of my friends going down river.

Boat Potato

Reaction score
Saw him make some passes in front of roadrunner. Lot of people on the dock talking shit about it. Then he was there taking up the whole dock in the afternoon by himself.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
I think we can all agree that we wish we were that cool...

skater40

Reaction score
His name is Tommy Broiles and yes it was a 40' skater.

prosthogod

Reaction score
Sounds like the "honeyman" douchbag from years ago.

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
LOL...Skater40 is not the owner/driver of the boat this thread is based on...maybe ask before you call out...
That was the joke LOL
Skater 40 is the owner of predator 2 right?

smallblocksperry

Reaction score
how about the old school camo P-51 plane that was making fly by passes 20' above the river! we were at the public ramp launching the hallett when this monster skater went by and that badass plane

edit: not sure which model plane it was but it was making some pretty hairball passes, is that legal?

Brian

Reaction score

It did take him 30 min to put it on trailer, 1 engine. It was interesting to watch.

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Tommy, welcome to RDP and thanks for being a douchenozzle on the river. Please pm 460 for your care package

LOL, skater40 owns (owned) a different '40 Skater... Hardly anyone has heard of it though.

p1954073053-6.jpg

Brian

Reaction score
how about the old school camo P-51 plane that was making fly by passes 20' above the river! we were at the public ramp launching the hallett when this monster skater went by and that badass plane

edit: not sure which model plane it was but it was making some pretty hairball passes, is that legal?

How about the green Hallett laying down some nice passes Friday - Monday evening??:thumbsup

Tommy Gun Images

Media Lackey
Staff member
Reaction score

At least he had a license to operate it...

smallblocksperry

Reaction score
How about the green Hallett laying down some nice passes Friday - Monday evening??:thumbsup
haha would of ran her harder but E85 isn't available at parker anymore and I am burning 70 gallons a day in that little 19' she's definitely a runner though, long beach in August here I come

Waffles

Banned
Reaction score
LOL, skater40 owns (owned) a different '40 Skater... Hardly anyone has heard of it though.

p1954073053-6.jpg
See my post above. Lol that was the joke. I know Gary owns predator I just thought it was funny that skater 40 replied in a thread about a.... 40' skater lol

TLAW719

Reaction score
The boat described sounds like maybe it was widow maker?

DickieB

Reaction score
I think we can all agree that we wish we were that cool...

Yep, I'd love to have enough $ to be that cool but since everyone else really feels like I did, he was really pushing his luck on the river, especially on Memorial Day weekend. Too many novices and he was going Waaaayyy too fast for the conditions.

Anyway, cool boat and I'm glad it turned out that nobody was hurt.

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score

p1954073053-6.jpg

That pic is nuts...if that was my boat it would be framed on the wall...only thing that would make it better is if the cockpit cover was removed.

sfury

Reaction score
Hope it didn't have red canopies like this one[emoji51] Image1464806763.867473.jpg I can't imagine him doing anything like this.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score

The Skater was wielding 1,800 per side. He lost an oil pump then a trans. put a new trans. in and headed to road runner. We were parked on the same dock, he was cool and his girl was hot!

ps: he's a smoker and he did pick up any butts he might have dropped. :p

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Saw him make some passes in front of roadrunner. Lot of people on the dock talking shit about it. Then he was there taking up the whole dock in the afternoon by himself.

By parking that beast there he kept three roll bar boats and their bro's and hoes from ruining your time at the bar. ;)

Boat Potato

Reaction score
By parking that beast there he kept three roll bar boats and their bro's and hoes from ruining your time at the bar. ;)
Haha, ya and me from parking. It was packed Saturday afternoon. We went back to the house and made our own mudslides.[emoji106]

getreal

Reaction score

the plane looked like an AT-6

attitude

Reaction score
My mom said that a big white boat passed them very close doing 80-90 then blew one of its motors, so karma did get this guy:thumbsup

guest hs

Reaction score
If you have a 40 foot cat why would you run it on the river it doesn't make any sense!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
On Friday I happened to be over at Schooners in Paradise, in the parking lot talking to the owners about a potential Rdp event.

It happened pretty quick, but it looked to me like he blew the stop sign on the road that merges with 95 and pushed some other cars into oncoming traffic.

After reading Tom's post it's possible he might have just passed on the right in the shoulder? Either way giant skater and truck on shoulder passing people is how I saw it on Friday. Tom put it in the group text Saturday that he was following him and saw him pass on the shoulder, and I was thinking "twice in two days? What the fuck?"

RiverBound's mom has a 8 minute video of him trying to put it on the trailer on her FB page.

When I got back from the lower river, I can say he was pretty much the talk of the town, and not in a good way.

rivergames

Reaction score
The motors didn't sound good. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them detonated

707dog

Reaction score
Any pics of the said 40 skater? Closed canopy cockpit? We have one that runs the delta every now and then thats all white and hauls the mail i doubt it but wondering if he towed it down there!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Any pics of the said 40 skater? Closed canopy cockpit? We have one that runs the delta every now and then thats all white and hauls the mail i doubt it but wondering if he towed it down there!

Just a white skater with canopies (open). There are actually two of them that look really similar out here.

This one isn't widow maker. WM has red around the rims of the canopies if I remember right.

cicchetti_24

Reaction score
Let's get this video up. I need some entertainment after reading that burning flag thread.

I was just gonna say time to go and check out the hot teacher thread it could be promising

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Let's get this video up. I need some entertainment after reading that burning flag thread.

Can't download video from fb.. Or at least I couldn't figure out how. It's basically 8 minutes of this guy trying to put it on the trailer, with some interesting narration that is less than positive.

707dog

Reaction score
Just a white skater with canopies (open). There are actually two of them that look really similar out here.

This one isn't widow maker. WM has red around the rims of the canopies if I remember right.

Gotcha:thumbsup yeah the one up here is a older flat deck with enclosed cockpit its runs hard too