WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

40 years of Metallica.

sgtskidmark

Reaction score
They lost me with the black album, however they are laughing all the way to the bank, on the other hand if I still paid for Sirius I probably give it a go to see if I could hear any of the songs that they cut from “not” them all, even though they were covers.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
If you want to see them play in Sac in October you're going to need the jab or produce a negative test within 72 hours.🤣

Let me guess, Metallica sucks now? 🤣 🤣 🤣

HCP3

Reaction score
Anyone else enjoying Sirius Satellite’s tribute to this?

Nope. They took over the SiriusXM Metal channel recently. They ended up muting all of the new metal bands. Typical move that Metallica would do. $.

Last edited:

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
'Garage Days Revisited' was their only semi-decent album . . .other than that, it was all GARBAGE.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Nope. They took over the SiriusXM Metal channel recently. They ended up muting all of the new metal bands. Typical move that Metallica would do. $.
Nice to see someone else paying attention to the satellite radio I’ve been a part of for 20+ years.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I have just about everything they've ever recorded. I've liked their music since the late 80's, when my sister was in high school. My parents would let her take the car places if I went too. They figured she'd get into less trouble. When Lars went on a bitch fest about Napster, I kind of laughed...they weren't the most "stand up, pillars of community". Like their music, but, like most "stars", could care less about their politics.

DURAMAXYFZ

Reaction score
One of my first albums going up was "And justice for all" I was in the 10th grade and went to Jack Murphy stadium in San Diego (lived in Woodcrest. riverside) 2nd row seats with Body Count and GNR. Couldn't hear for 3 days. Never liked their music much since. But the channel has been great.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Lars is a prick
True story i spend 3 long weekends at dave Mustaines studio in north sd about 10 years ago.
My sons band recoreded there. Dave himself mixed a song and took these young lads under his wing to give them the recording experience.
He worked in the vocal booth with my son for endless hours. The man is a great human.

In the warehouse where megadeth housed a mountain of tour gear was stacked of framed 'stuff'
Within these stacks was a gold album, ride the lightning. Buried, not on a wall.

One of the most amazing things was seeing dave walk into the coachhouse in san juan capo to see my sons band perform. My son was 14 or 15. The crowd shit themselves.
Metallica is money, megadeth is musicians who play for the love of the craft.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Anyone else enjoying Sirius Satellite’s tribute to this?

Yes I am.

Kind of interesting...all the negative comments.

My Son plays guitar and knows many Metallica rifs. Love listening to him play them.

I went to HS with James, me a freshman him a senior. I played bass at the time and we had a garage band going so watching him and another school dude play in the quad at lunch was pretty cool. I am still amazed how fast they went forward after the recycler ad from Lars. On full tour in like 2 years.

One of the Guitar players for Warrant, I'm good friends with his sister from HOA Construction work over 20 years. She said her brother is good friends with Lars but I've not herd anything further. I can get they they are probably all full up with personality these days. I like the S&M 2 album and all the Helping hands work they do.

Tank

Reaction score
I like Metallica. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can say that growing up I wasn’t a fan of metal. Which was kinda weird because I I liked punk. Metallica was the first metal band I liked. Probably because of their main streaming (it was “one” that started me down the metal hole in jr high) That lead to me liking other metal, older hair band stuff, newer stuff etc. came across Ramstein recently, don’t know how I’ve missed these guys all these years.

Anyway, point being, the main streaming / “sell Out” as some would call it, plays it’s purpose and doesn’t mean the music is bad. Metallica is a great band.

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like Metallica. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I can say that growing up I wasn’t a fan of metal. Which was kinda weird because I I liked punk. Metallica was the first metal band I liked. Probably because of their main streaming (it was “one” that started me down the metal hole in jr high) That lead to me liking other metal, older hair band stuff, newer stuff etc. came across Ramstein recently, don’t know how I’ve missed these guys all these years.

Anyway, point being, the main streaming / “sell Out” as some would call it, plays it’s purpose and doesn’t mean the music is bad. Metallica is a great band.
How did you miss Ramstein?
Come on man, guitarist has had a flame throwing face mask for years!
Ultimate F' off covid mask right there.

Tank

Reaction score
How did you miss Ramstein?
Come on man, guitarist has had a flame throwing face mask for years!
Ultimate F' off covid mask right there.
I have no fuckin idea! I was in a buddies shop a year or two ago and duhaust was playing and I’m like who’s this?! This shit is the jam! Now they’re in my standard lineup. 😁

nameisbond

Reaction score
My uncles closest friends in high school had a popular Canadian band in the 1980's. One of them became a record producer and he produced several albums for Metallica. I got free tickets when they played in Vancouver.

His friend: Bob Rock - Wikipedia

PlanB

Reaction score
Lars is a prick
True story i spend 3 long weekends at dave Mustaines studio in north sd about 10 years ago.
My sons band recoreded there. Dave himself mixed a song and took these young lads under his wing to give them the recording experience.
He worked in the vocal booth with my son for endless hours. The man is a great human.

In the warehouse where megadeth housed a mountain of tour gear was stacked of framed 'stuff'
Within these stacks was a gold album, ride the lightning. Buried, not on a wall.

One of the most amazing things was seeing dave walk into the coachhouse in san juan capo to see my sons band perform. My son was 14 or 15. The crowd shit themselves.

I have a fiend that was working San Marcos as a deputy and Dave brought him and some other deputies into their studio in San Marcos and played "44 Minutes" (about the North Hollywood shooting) for them before it was released. He said Dave was a really cool guy. I believe they have moved their studio to Nashville. I know Dave had a house in Fallbrook but not sure if he is still in the area at all anymore.

As far as Metallica, their first for albums are great. Master of Puppets is in the library of Congress because of it's historical value. I like their old stuff the best, but their newer stuff has grown on me.

adam909

Reaction score
I think metallica is one of the greatest metal bands... They have a world wide following that I dont know what other band would compete with them.. The only album that I really like is kill them all.. That album just has that raw thrash metal feeling.. There latest hardwired album i feel is a great album and much needed do to they have really disappointed since the grunge era..

But I am a megadeth fan. They have a new album coming up and I have a feeling its going to be great... Wont be rust in peace great but still incredible..

thmterry

Reaction score
We have tickets to the Rockville festival (Metallica 2 nights) at Daytona speedway in November. 4 days of camping in the infield. I love these big festivals you can camp at and go back and forth to the RV anytime you need a beer.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I think metallica is one of the greatest metal bands... They have a world wide following that I dont know what other band would compete with them.. The only album that I really like is kill them all.. That album just has that raw thrash metal feeling.. There latest hardwired album i feel is a great album and much needed do to they have really disappointed since the grunge era..

But I am a megadeth fan. They have a new album coming up and I have a feeling its going to be great... Wont be rust in peace great but still incredible..

How could you call them one of the greatest metal bands if they have disappointed you for a quarter century?

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
If you want to see them play in Sac in October you're going to need the jab or produce a negative test within 72 hours.🤣

Let me guess, Metallica sucks now? 🤣 🤣 🤣

GRADS favorite Metallica lyrics

20210912_155308.jpg

Backlash

Reaction score
I absolutely love Metallica. The fact that they can still put on a show that's as good today as they were years ago, is pretty amazing. Yes they've gotten older, but their level of talent hasn't diminished. They're still able to drive the tempo of their music, without sounding as though they are rushing, as if they were still young. It doesn't matter to me what other people say, I like their music regardless. 👍

riverroyal

Reaction score
I have a fiend that was working San Marcos as a deputy and Dave brought him and some other deputies into their studio in San Marcos and played "44 Minutes" (about the North Hollywood shooting) for them before it was released. He said Dave was a really cool guy. I believe they have moved their studio to Nashville. I know Dave had a house in Fallbrook but not sure if he is still in the area at all anymore.

As far as Metallica, their first for albums are great. Master of Puppets is in the library of Congress because of it's historical value. I like their old stuff the best, but their newer stuff has grown on me.
Yeap. The san marcos studio is where we were.
He sold fallbrook and has a ranch in tenn.

adam909

Reaction score
How could you call them one of the greatest metal bands if they have disappointed you for a quarter century?

They may not be my favoriet band but I can easily see there greatness.. Look at the amount of world wide fans they have. Look at how many world tours they have done and played and sold out in parts of the world no other metal band yet any other band can even come close too.. Please name another front man that can play and sing like James does with the type of vocals and speed? The amount of fans and sales world wide have proven for them to be one of the biggest of all times..

I would think that metallica is one of the highest grossing bands.. I bet they gross more then the Beatles, Stones I would even put AC/DC in there.. And these are bands that been around way before metallica..

Last edited:

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
Lars is a prick

Great story. I grew up on metallica and megadeth, and in Dana Point. So I know the coach house quite well. Been playing guitar since 1994. Would love to spend time with Dave. 🤘

welldigger00

Reaction score
There is no doubt that when Metallica hit the scene, they had such an impact of pure evil that no one could touch. I grew up with maiden, sabbath, AC/DC, Preist, Motörhead, exodus, you name it. No one could match their level of darkness. I think it is because they were inspired by classical music, an the original gangster of riff was Bach. Master of puppets was the last of the purity in their sound in my opinion. And justice was good, but not the same level of “oh my god, what the fuck am I hearing” as puppets. Orion is a masterpiece in my book, a close second is Call of the Khlutu on lightning. Master class music. Thanks to Dave and Kurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam909

Reaction score
There is no doubt that when Metallica hit the scene, they had such an impact of pure evil that no one could touch. I grew up with maiden, sabbath, AC/DC, Preist, Motörhead, exodus, you name it. No one could match their level of darkness. I think it is because they were inspired by classical music, an the original gangster of riff was Bach. Master of puppets was the last of the purity in their sound in my opinion. And justice was good, but not the same level of “oh my god, what the fuck am I hearing” as puppets. Orion is a masterpiece in my book, a close second is Call of the Khlutu on lightning. Master class music. Thanks to Dave and Kurt.

If Justice had justiice for Jason meaning lars not making that album sound bass less.. I belive that album would be metallicas best album.

Your ad here

Reaction score
I'm skipping over the Metallica take over. It's just, well, tough to listen to. They are a very sucessful band but I just can't get into the Metallica era music. The Dave Mustaine era Metallica music kicks ass. Little trivia here, Dave Mustaine had an influence in 3 of the big 4 bands.

adam909

Reaction score
I'm skipping over the Metallica take over. It's just, well, tough to listen to. They are a very sucessful band but I just can't get into the Metallica era music. The Dave Mustaine era Metallica music kicks ass. Little trivia here, Dave Mustaine had an influence in 3 of the big 4 bands.

some more trivia about Mustaine.. Slash and mustaine used to hang out and smoke crack together due to them living in the same area in the late 80's. Slash gave it some thought that he was going to leave guns and play with mega. Slash and Dave came up with some riffs that dave latter used in rust in piece.. Im glad that the two didnt team up due to Dave found marty and that was the best era of megadeth.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I was a huge Metallica fan back in the day. I saw them several times live and remember my ears ringing for days after some of the shows. Somewhere along the line they lost me after the Black album and haven't really listened to them much since.

badgas

Reaction score
Great Band !

Saw them 4 times on the And justice for all tour 88/89 ish 3 nights at Irvine meadows and one night at long beach arena. They were awesome. I wish I could have seen them with Cliff Burton. I have not seen them since but I would love to.

Bowtiepower00

Reaction score
I’m on the younger end of Metallica fans. Black Album was released when I was in fifth grade- and was one of the first CDs I ever bought- fourth to be exact. Load and Reload were released when I was in HS, and are my favorites. Blasphemy I know. I appreciate the older shit too. Finally got to see them when they came to Glendale a couple of years ago. Awesome concert.

013493FD-A220-4D08-83DE-A48C55BEB6D0.jpeg

On another note, vintage concert shirts are worth $$$$, just FYI.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Saw them prolly a dozen times up to when Justice came out…saw them maybe twice since.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I saw Metallica open for Ozzy with their Kill Em All album. They’ve been my favorite band my entire life. I bet I’ve seen them 15/20 times. Yes their new stuff is disappointing. I can’t hardly listen to it. I get it though. Bands evolve. People writing the music change. Doesn’t change how epic their early music was.

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
st anger is the only album of theirs i dont care for. i am pretty eclectic when it comes to music, i will listen to alot of stuff different genres as long as it sounds good to me. dont give a fuck what the lyrics are about or the other drama around bands. i have seen interviews of both metallica and mustaine i felt they are all dicks after some of the comments made by all of them. whatever, dont care, shut yer trap and entertain me..
Megadeth live is spot on. Metallica live Lars stands in front of the drums showing off while his performance suffers lol

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
You're regularly scheduled programming will be back after Sept 15th. Metallica is great, but they don't need there own startion.

Backlash

Reaction score
I hadn't seen the Miley rendition, and kindof wish I hadn't. Hahaaa! I have never been a fan of her or her music, and this song is a perfect example of why. She really isn't that talented IMHO.

It was nice of them to open up the studio for amateur hour though. Now that she's proven she can't sing, kick her out and get back to what you guys do best.

😁

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
You're regularly scheduled programming will be back after Sept 15th. Metallica is great, but they don't need there own startion.

If the Beatles. Jimmy Buffett and Tom Petty get a channel. Metallica should. So should Zeppelin. I’d be fine alternating back and fourth between those two.

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
I hadn't seen the Miley rendition, and kindof wish I hadn't. Hahaaa! I have never been a fan of her or her music, and this song is a perfect example of why. She really isn't that talented IMHO.

It was nice of them to open up the studio for amateur hour though. Now that she's proven she can't sing, kick her out and get back to what you guys do best.

😁

You're joking right...lol

She is as about as talented live as anyone in her age bracket.

Love or hate her that was an amazing duet.

Havaduner

Never home on weekends
Reaction score
If the Beatles. Jimmy Buffett and Tom Petty get a channel. Metallica should. So should Zeppelin. I’d be fine alternating back and fourth between those two.

Wow, guess I need to channel surf out of my pre sets sometime. Didn't know JB or TP had their own channels. Guess they should, since Pearl Jam does too.