35" tires
20" suspension
heating and a/c
Only $35k
The new Bunker Bar hopper lol
UTV-B-scaled-flares-brawley.jpg

Brokeboatin221

Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, I’d buy a gas one….. would be kickass to street legal.

Last edited:

Flatsix66

Reaction score
200m range, not bad. I always thought it would be fun to find a blown YXZ or something and converting to electric.

2Driver

Reaction score
Looks cool!

While I’m rooting for all these new start-up vehicle companies, its just hard to think they are all going to be long lived vehicle manufacturers.
There so much liquidity for Investment start-ups and no shortage of entrepreneurs whiling to spend it.

The herd will be thinned and some will be thinned while in proof of concept mode. Next 5 years will be interesting to watch for sure

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'd be more interested in this that just about anything else I've seen... 200 mi range is plenty..seems well equipped...I like ac as well lol.

4 motors, one for each wheel is appealing as well....no belts etc to break. Deposit refunds if production doesn't start in a year. For a $100 I may just sign up.

Reactions: DWC

rrrr

Reaction score
Jeep has a trademark on the classic CJ grill appearance. Brawley will be receiving a letter soon if they haven't already.

Regarding other EV startups, in their second quarter SEC documents, Lordstown Motors stated without a significant cash infusion, they might not be able to continue as an ongoing concern.

In addition, the SEC and the DOJ are investigating possible illegalities in Lordstown's claims about their future vehicle orders. The firm has been hit with 11 class action lawsuits since March, and the stock price has declined more than 40% in the last two months.

copterzach

Reaction score
Where are they getting shocks from? I found front Fox shocks for my truck. But rears are on back order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DLC

Reaction score
The video shows the stock tires in the sand, I wonder how paddles would do

rrrr

Reaction score
Looks cool!

While I’m rooting for all these new start-up vehicle companies, its just hard to think they are all going to be long lived vehicle manufacturers.
There so much liquidity for Investment start-ups and no shortage of entrepreneurs whiling to spend it.

The herd will be thinned and some will be thinned while in proof of concept mode. Next 5 years will be interesting to watch for sure

Take a look at this list of failed US automobile manufacturers. The number of startups around the turn of the 20th century is incredible. At that time, the car industry was in its infancy, and there was no way to determine which ones had the engineering and financial capabilities to survive. There were literally hundreds of companies formed in the early 1900s.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Pretty cool. I wonder what size diesel/gas generator you need to recharge it when you are in the desert?

It has a 60kwh battery, that’s a lot of electrons.

A big generator @ 220V, 30 amps or higher.
Or a lot of time with a smaller one @ 120v…we’re talking days.

And regen isn’t going to net much range off-road…it’s not like you’re riding your brakes all that often in sand, maybe a bit more on hardback.

My Volt had a 17kwh battery, it wouldn’t charge overnight at 120v/12amps if it was flat. 220v/30a was much better but still took several hours. So multiply that by 4

So people either invest in large generators, stick to gas power.

DC and/or fast charging is meaningless out in the middle of nowhere. Realistically, no one owns a gennie that big.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

pronstar

Reaction score

One thing is for sure:
It will give nowhere near 200 miles of range in the sand with paddles.

I would guess maybe 1/10th of that, based on how Tesla’s perform towing a load uphill.

pronstar

Reaction score
Where are they getting shocks from? I found front Fox shocks for my truck. But rears are on back order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fox has production facilities in several countries. At a manufacturer level, if they can provide Ford with ~400k shocks a year for the Raptor, they can accommodate this.

The shocks you and I get aren’t made on a high volume assembly line.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It has a 60kwh battery, that’s a lot of electrons.

A big generator @ 220V, 30 amps or higher.
Or a lot of time with a smaller one @ 120v…we’re talking days.

And regen isn’t going to net much range off-road…it’s not like you’re riding your brakes all that often in sand, maybe a bit more on hardback.

My Volt had a 17kwh battery, it wouldn’t charge overnight at 120v/12amps if it was flat. 220v/30a was much better but still took several hours. So multiply that by 4

So people either invest in large generators, stick to gas power.

DC and/or fast charging is meaningless out in the middle of nowhere. Realistically, no one owns a gennie that big.

They are saying 80% in an hour on a fast charger...who knows if that will be accurate. My BMW has a 9.2kw battery and it takes around 8 hours on "reduced" charging on 110v outlet.

Energy:
  • 40 kWh and 60 kWh of energy storage available
  • Advanced battery conditioning system extends cold weather range and increases battery lifecycle
  • Available DC fast charging can charge up to 80% capacity in under an hour
  • Class-leading energy density from the use of cutting-edge NMC pouch cells

With an estimated range of over 200 miles, DC fast charging, and an onboard 6-kilowatt charger, and regenerative braking, the Brawley™ provides a gamut of convenient charging methods. In short, the Brawley™ provides exceptional recreational motoring, modular customization, with an extremely powerful yet environmentally quiet and clean battery-electric powerplant.

pronstar

Reaction score
They are saying 80% in an hour on a fast charger...who knows if that will be accurate. My BMW has a 9.2kw battery and it takes around 8 hours on "reduced" charging on 110v outlet.

Energy:
  • Advanced battery conditioning system extends cold weather range and increases battery lifecycle

With an estimated range of over 200 miles, DC fast charging, and an onboard 6-kilowatt charger, and regenerative braking, the Brawley[emoji769] provides a gamut of convenient charging methods. In short, the Brawley[emoji769] provides exceptional recreational motoring, modular customization, with an extremely powerful yet environmentally quiet and clean battery-electric powerplant.

For sure.

IMHO the problem that needs a solution is, what off road area has any sort of fast charging capability?

An RV generator won’t come close to providing the current needed to fast charge an EV battery.

Plus you’ll need an inverter gennie, or have a way to give a pure sine wave…these EV’s need clean power.

Last edited:

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

They will do great for 20 miles. Did you see Back to the Future? It will take 1.21 gigawattas to recharge it.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

Energy:

With an estimated range of over 200 miles, DC fast charging, and an onboard 6-kilowatt charger, and regenerative braking, the Brawley™ provides a gamut of convenient charging methods. In short, the Brawley™ provides exceptional recreational motoring, modular customization, with an extremely powerful yet environmentally quiet and clean battery-electric powerplant.

Literally the only place to use this thing is Stoddard Wells / Barstow so you could quick charge the thing to get home/play tomorrow.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
One thing is for sure:
It will give nowhere near 200 miles of range in the sand with paddles.

I would guess maybe 1/10th of that, based on how Tesla’s perform towing a load uphill.

x1000

A Tesla can’t even get close to the advertised range in real world driving.

DLC

Reaction score
So Who’s going to the Sand Show this year?

I like to go Friday night! I hope it’s a big show and RG / speed has a big ol booth selling cars like hot cakes!

2Driver

Reaction score
200 mi. range, talk is cheap.
At production weight it will probably be a pig.

In the deep sand on a warm day thats going to create some BTUs.
Even the 3 wont let you do too many ludicrous runs in a row as they say it will damage the motors

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

I like to go Friday night! I hope it’s a big show and RG / speed has a big ol booth selling cars like hot cakes!
Likely may not be too big. No inventory. People aren’t getting canam this year. No rvs really but I am going if they have it

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

I will be there Friday. RG/Speed said they are doing everything they can to have a production car there. I’d like to see it and I’m hoping by then there is some clarity on the production dates.

They need to change the fender and rear door plastics, that is gonna be a running change at some point soon in production, but they are not changing it now as it will push out initial deliveries.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
The Can Am BQ was designed to raise prices On their cars….. Higher price more profit…..

lol
sounds good HuH

Likely may not be too big. No inventory. People aren’t getting canam this year. No rvs really but I am going if they have it

Reactions: DWC

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
FANTASY: $35,000 for an electric vehicle that's not in production

REALITY: Probably won't make it into production. If it does the price will be 2+X that

DLC

Reaction score
I ve got a 4seat Maxx rolling on 35’s it kicks ass!

QUOTE="riverroyal, post: 4187140, member: 280"]
45k takes mine with a full tank
[/QUOTE]

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I will be there Friday. RG/Speed said they are doing everything they can to have a production car there. I’d like to see it and I’m hoping by then there is some clarity on the production dates.

They need to change the fender and rear door plastics, that is gonna be a running change at some point soon in production, but they are not changing it now as it will push out initial deliveries.

I have a friend that is pretty close to the speed organization.. He tells me there will be several production cars there, or at least that’s the plan. He anticipates my lower number car will be delivered in October sometime.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I have a friend that is pretty close to the speed organization.. He tells me there will be several production cars there, or at least that’s the plan. He anticipates my lower number car will be delivered in October sometime.

That is what they are shooting for, if there are no other delays it could happen. They need to be making them on the assembly line by the Sands Sport Show for you to get yours in October.

The car is done, they are just tweaking some things and figuring out the assembly line operations to build them most efficiently.