WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

41' Apache Scalp Hunter Overview (boating material)

Tank

Reaction score
Wow, that is sad. I distinctly remember that boat growing up. Probably THE boat that got me into boats. Begging my pops to take us to boat shows, taking all of the manufacturer's literature and taping it to my walls like posters, memorizing the lines and models of the boats so I could tell my dad as they passed down the river, etc. I hope someone brings it back.
It would take a LOT of money to bring it back. It has a hole in the starboard side, it’s been sitting out in the open Arizona heat for years and years. It would require yanking the deck off and striping it down to a bathtub - even pulling all stringers out and pulling transom off. Stripping all wood completely out of the whole thing. Then rebuilding and probably adding Kevlar and some other high end strenghtheners Since cooking in the sun probably hasn’t helped the integrity of the fiberglass.

Then after all that labor was done you could get to just the normal restoration and updating. lol

Cubic dollars.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Here’s someone’s chance to get into the 41 Apache restore game! “Honcho” has been sitting on the side of Vern’s shop in havasu for like 20 years! 😳👎👎 rough!

View attachment 1062868
Man that is sad..... just sitting out there in those awful elements all those years. Nobody even cared enough to cover the poor gal. And you say that used to run around Parkers narrow waters ha..... all I see is a salvagable swim step. heres to hoping someone who has lots of desire brings her back.... not to Parker but perhaps Miami, lol

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
It would take a LOT of money to bring it back. It has a hole in the starboard side, it’s been sitting out in the open Arizona heat for years and years. It would require yanking the deck off and striping it down to a bathtub - even pulling all stringers out and pulling transom off. Stripping all wood completely out of the whole thing. Then rebuilding and probably adding Kevlar and some other high end strenghtheners Since cooking in the sun probably hasn’t helped the integrity of the fiberglass.

Then after all that labor was done you could get to just the normal restoration and updating. lol

Cubic dollars.
Sounds like it could be a Theseus’ ship situation. :-( Too bad.

Tank

Reaction score
I wonder what the build time really is on a new one and the cost. Used 41 Apaches are a little much these days. Id rather have this if going used: http://www.lipship.com/used_boats/view/119
Darrens boat. Things sick and maintained with open check book. Darren did all the upgrades, most of which were done by Phil (Lip-Ship). It's a great boat!!

nameisbond

Reaction score
Darrens boat. Things sick and maintained with open check book. Darren did all the upgrades, most of which were done by Phil (Lip-Ship). It's a great boat!!

Does look in excellent shape for the age.....................