WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

44' Magic

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I was there when they were just putting it together and shopping around for A/C units for it
Supposed to be a Lake Powell boat but didn't turn out as planned.
Didn't know one was in Havasu
I think only 3 made?

image0000001 (4).jpg

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
There’s was one on Powell years ago same color , much bigness made our Heat look small . Stateline ramp

Tank

Reaction score
cheaper to replace each trip then the other options.
this sled is not going anywhere quickly

Definitely gonna be a few. Wonder what that big bastard weighs.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
The problem was if one motor went down it couldn't get on plane even with almost 2000 hp

hallett21

Reaction score
Never understood why It didn’t have 6s or some built up imco drives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sczagurs

Reaction score
Saw online some new guy bought it after it had been sitting out for a while. I believe Eticket rebuilt it.

Reactions: DWC

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Saw online some new guy bought it after it had been sitting out for a while. I believe Eticket rebuilt it.
When Elite Motorsports was sharing the E-Ticket building, they were working on the 44 when I was getting my boat serviced. That boat is bigly huge.😆

playdeep

Reaction score
Stopped in at Magic one day to say hi to Keith Sayre(RIP)...
He gave me the grand tour of that behemoth.
It was like a small condo.
There was even a 44in flat screen T.V.

franky

Reaction score
The problem was if one motor went down it couldn't get on plane even with almost 2000 hp
It could barely get on plane with all three! Took FOREVER to pop up.

riverroyal

Reaction score
How times have changed. Old magic built three 44 foot yachts in 6 months

New magics are sitting behind a yard full of old boats for years.

Motoxxxloak

Reaction score
This was rolling through the channel on Sunday. Looked like a massive TANK. Looked pretty sick to be honest. Sounded good too.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
In 2003 or 2004..... could be later or earlier, Magic was one of the sponsors of the Desert Storm Poker Run.

All I remember is that I ran card stop 4 with the family that owned Magic Boats and we did it on the brand new 44’ Red Magic. It was very nice. It also planed well and it got up and went. It was one of the nicest boats on the lake, at that time. We all had a fun afternoon and had more room than the usual card station at the time.

Thats my contribution to this thread......

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Not a new boat, it’s the second one Magic did just remodeled and back on the water.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
That’s a big girl.

Skool me on the origins of Magic. My neighbor at the shop in Phx says he started that boat company. He saw my boat in the shop and came over to shoot the shit. He’s in catering trucks now amongst other things and they’re all named “Majic...”

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
If your talking Tom Staben Ventura County.Sorry to hear about embezzlement.Tom is good people,takes no shit from anybody,but he good people.

Tank

Reaction score
From VC Star -

A woman accused of embezzling more than $900,000 from a well known Camarillo-area business owner pleaded not guilty to multiple felony charges on Monday.

The case resulted from a lengthy investigation by major crimes detectives with the Ventura County Sheriff's Office, authorities reported Monday. The sheriff's office is contracted to provide police services in Camarillo.

On Sunday, Camarillo resident Neydi Veronica Garcia turned herself in at the Camarillo Police Station after learning a warrant had been issued for her arrest, authorities said. Garcia's 38th birthday was Sunday, jail records show.

Garcia had been hired by Thomas "Tom" Staben in 2016, gaining his trust over time to become his chief financial officer, according to the sheriff's account. She was responsible for all of Staben's personal and business finances. The embezzlement involved multiple businesses, Senior Deputy Ryan Poynter said Monday.

Staben, a contractor, has sometimes made local headlines over the years. He has done millions of dollars worth of dirt-moving jobs for the County of Ventura despite a history of running afoul of environmental regulations.

Starting in March 2017, Garcia allegedly began embezzling money from Staben's personal and business accounts, the sheriff's office said. The activity continued until the theft was discovered in May 2019, authorities said.

The agency's investigation found Garcia had embezzled more than $900,000.

On Monday morning, Garcia pleaded not guilty to 12 felony counts and denied all special allegations, Ventura County Superior Court records showed. Charges included multiple counts of grand theft, identity theft and filing a fraudulent tax return. A call to her attorney was not immediately returned Monday afternoon.

Garcia remained at Todd Road Jail Monday afternoon in lieu of $1 million bail, jail records showed. Her next court appearance is scheduled for Thursday afternoon in room 13.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Thanks Tank.Like said Tom good people. There is alotta history to the history the creep reporter decided to mention.
Over the years when Tons and tons of dirt,rocks,trees,closed down roads Tom was the guy who reopened the roads.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been talked about on here before but... who owns the magic molds now and why hasn’t someone been building them? It seems like people love those hulls and would be good business in today’s market.

Tank

Reaction score
Thanks Tank.Like said Tom good people. There is alotta history to the history the creep reporter decided to mention.
Over the years when Tons and tons of dirt,rocks,trees,closed down roads Tom was the guy who reopened the roads.
Oh, I'm sure there's more to that story. The VC Star is a liberal puke rag.

Javajoe

Reaction score
I’m sure this has been talked about on here before but... who owns the magic molds now and why hasn’t someone been building them? It seems like people love those hulls and would be good business in today’s market.
Horizon Motorsports in Havasu has started making new Magic’s this year. There is a couple threads on here about it.