WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

465' Long, $500 Mil - NORD

Tank

Reaction score
New mega yacht on the block. This this is pretty sick. Freakin Russian billionaires! :rolleyes:😆

Cool retractable garage on the top for the helicopter to stay out of the elements.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
That is just beautiful. I feel poorer just looking at it.

M/Y Dilbar is very impressive also. It’s bigger than Nord, but Nord has more style, in my opinion.

Lately..... I have been seeing more and more shadow Yachts. A shadow yacht is a humongous boat that shawdows a Super Yacht and holds multiple other boats, tenders, submarines, jet skis, helicopters, and whatever else the owner wants. It is beyond baller money! Lol

Tank

Reaction score
That is just beautiful. I feel poorer just looking at it.

M/Y Dilbar is very impressive also. It’s bigger than Nord, but Nord has more style, in my opinion.

Lately..... I have been seeing more and more shadow Yachts. A shadow yacht is a humongous boat that shawdows a Super Yacht and holds multiple other boats, tenders, submarines, jet skis, helicopters, and whatever else the owner wants. It is beyond baller money! Lol

Yeah, Dilbar is nice, I do like the lines of NORD a lot better though. And yes, NORD is only 10th on the worlds largest list. My personal favorite ever since it left the yard is Abramovich's Eclipse (once the largest now #3 largest, about to be #4 largest as there's a new yacht / research vessel going to be new largest).

Kind've funny top 14 largest yachts in the world are owned by Russian billionaires and Arabian politicians. Matter of fact top 25 largest yachts in the world are owned by Russian billionaires and Arabian politicians except for two Americans (David Geffin and Jody Allen (Paul Allens sister))

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
22 years ago, I am on a Bareboat Charter in the BVI, when “Tatoosh” showed up. At the time it was the 3rd largest yacht in the world at 310’. Today........ it’s not even in the Top 100. It’s really on a whole new level now.

Word is...... some billionaire is in the process of converting a surplus aircraft carrier in a Super Yacht. I wonder if you will be able to land a Plane on it? I just want to see the finished product! Lol

Tank

Reaction score
22 years ago, I am on a Bareboat Charter in the BVI, when “Tatoosh” showed up. At the time it was the 3rd largest yacht in the world at 310’. Today........ it’s not even in the Top 100. It’s really on a whole new level now.

Word is...... some billionaire is in the process of converting a surplus aircraft carrier in a Super Yacht. I wonder if you will be able to land a Plane on it? I just want to see the finished product! Lol
Here's the newest "worlds biggest yacht" to bump everyone down. 7' longer than Azzam at 597'. It'll be an expedition / research and luxury yacht kind've like Paul Allen's Octopus

Explorer-mega-yacht-REV-OCEAN-arrives-in-Norway-for-outfitting.jpg
luxury-yacht-rev.jpg
Worlds-largest-yacht-launched-The-183m-REV-Ocean-3.jpg

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
I don’t see any hot chicks on the boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
If any of you ever want to go on a cruise ship that is off the charts....... here it is! I bet most of you have never heard of this cruise ship company. Just too wet your whistle..... this cruise ship comes with submarines and helicopters! Take a look. My wife and I got cancelled when Covid hit. We will rebook when the world gets back to normal.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Lol, a retractable hangar for the chopper.

Love to see a tour of the inside, especially the engine rooms
I'm pretty sure they had a retractable hanger on one of the boats on Whale Wars (I think that is what it was called) the one season they had a helicopter. It was the only way to keep it flight worthy in the elements.

Sent From Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Will it fit in the channel?

Oh and the owner says he is staying away from site 6, y'all a bunch of assholes🤣

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Needs some 600's bolted on the back then I'll be impressed

Taboma

Reaction score
Crew from Nord must be from California, in the video they were all wearing masks. 😂

Really enjoyed this youtube clickbait :rolleyes: Secret Sub ? Uhhhh, no, nice CC launch, although it very well may have a secret sub ??? The size of the mask wearing crew on the stern certainly provide perspective to the size of this monster.
Also I finally found my answer to Opus or Nord after seeing pictures with both names on her. The build itself was named Project Opus, now owned by the Russian, it's Nord.

Nord secret sub.JPG

PlanB

Reaction score
^^^ German flag on the back?

Tank

Reaction score
Crew from Nord must be from California, in the video they were all wearing masks. 😂

Really enjoyed this youtube clickbait :rolleyes: Secret Sub ? Uhhhh, no, nice CC launch, although it very well may have a secret sub ??? The size of the mask wearing crew on the stern certainly provide perspective to the size of this monster.
Also I finally found my answer to Opus or Nord after seeing pictures with both names on her. The build itself was named Project Opus, now owned by the Russian, it's Nord.

View attachment 979015
Yeah, it was orginally built as OPUS but the name changed during the build. The current owner commissioned the build and it just finished sea trials. At some point he changed the name to NORD but I can't find any literature on why. 🤷‍♂️

By the way, many of these mega yachts do actually come with subs now.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yeah, it was orginally built as OPUS but the name changed during the build. The current owner commissioned the build and it just finished sea trials. At some point he changed the name to NORD but I can't find any literature on why. 🤷‍♂️

By the way, many of these mega yachts do actually come with subs now.

I know many come with subs, well not that I've been shown, but I've seen pictures 😁 But I know THAT boat with the big RED arrows pointing at it, is a center console tender ;)

36 Guests in 20 staterooms, blows my mind. I could stow away on that baby and remain hidden for a year, while enjoying all the amendments. 😂

clarence

Reaction score
Kind've funny top 14 largest yachts in the world are owned by Russian billionaires and Arabian politicians. Matter of fact top 25 largest yachts in the world are owned by Russian billionaires and Arabian politicians except for two Americans (David Geffin and Jody Allen (Paul Allens sister))

Arabian "politicians"? Heh.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I guess its all relative.... I was watching a golf tournament couple years back down in Bahamas.... Tigers yacht was in the marina close by and that thing was actually one of the smaller yachts there.

rrrr

Reaction score
Out of curiosity I found this Wikipedia page which lists the world's largest yachts.

I believe it also satisfactorily answers the question of at what length a boat is classified as a yacht.

The only legal distinction is between boats above 24 m (78.75 ft) and below is that those above 24 m are viewed as a yacht and therefore must have a licensed skipper on board.

Perusing the list, one finds that the German shipyard LĂźrssen is the preferred constructor for the largest yachts.

Thanks to Tank for starting this entertaining and informative thread.

Tank

Reaction score
Arabian "politicians"? Heh.
Exactly... ;)

Out of curiosity I found this Wikipedia page which lists the world's largest yachts.

I believe it also satisfactorily answers the question of at what length a boat is classified as a yacht.

The only legal distinction is between boats above 24 m (78.75 ft) and below is that those above 24 m are viewed as a yacht and therefore must have a licensed skipper on board.

Perusing the list, one finds that the German shipyard LĂźrssen is the preferred constructor for the largest yachts.

Yep. Lurssen is the top dog. Blohm and Voss is up there too.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score

No Kidding.... thats news, I didn't know that but had heard over a certain tonnage you had to have a captain. So many different opinions on all that out there. Good to know, thanks.

Taboma

Reaction score
No Kidding.... thats news, I didn't know that but had heard over a certain tonnage you had to have a captain. So many different opinions on all that out there. Good to know, thanks.

I'm with you Bill, when I've read a bit on this footage or tonnage Capt's license requirements, it's like arguing trim tabs on RDP. I've read no requirement for private of any size, then I've read 200 Tons, then 24 meters, but I suspect the insurance company might have different requirements. I know an acquaintance moved from 45', to 65', to finally 94', just not sure if he ever acquired a license along the way. Last I heard the 94' was for sale and he was going back down to a 60' something to make it easier to handle with limited crew.

Regardless, this is one problem I can almost 100% guarantee, I will never have. 😂

Tank

Reaction score
I'm with you Bill, when I've read a bit on this footage or tonnage Capt's license requirements, it's like arguing trim tabs on RDP. I've read no requirement for private of any size, then I've read 200 Tons, then 24 meters, but I suspect the insurance company might have different requirements. I know an acquaintance moved from 45', to 65', to finally 94', just not sure if he ever acquired a license along the way. Last I heard the 94' was for sale and he was going back down to a 60' something to make it easier to handle with limited crew.

Regardless, this is one problem I can almost 100% guarantee, I will never have. 😂
Buddy has a 90' troller. 3 stories, elevator, dinning room, full kitchen, 4 full staterooms and crew quarters with 4 bunks 6 bathrooms. Thing is pretty bad ass. He bought it and restored the whole thing, actually added a master bedroom and head on the 3rd floor off the pilot house. He ran it alone but would only really go out with a group and you know if you're going out with him, you're working. Not to mention prepping for seas (dinning table gets wrapped, anything that can knock over gets put on the beds, etc) Something that size does take multiple hands to get shit done safely.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
You would think that I would know about the cutoff between when a licensed captain is mandatory...... but I don’t. I think the reason why is....... in today’s world, your insurance carrier is calling the shots. It has been that way for a while now. But it continues to clamp down.... For instance, a couple of years ago, you could go to the boat show and purchase a boat with quad outboards, with no boating experience, and still get insurance coverage. Not anymore! Now, under the exact scenario, you would have to have a licensed captain with you for the 1st 6 months of ownership. That is not a law or anything like that..... that is all the insurance companies banding together, to help mitigate their losses.

Somewhere the exact size in which you need a captain license, gets distorted. But we can all agree that you need a license to captain a cargo ship.

I don’t have time, but the place that will have the answers is either the Coast Guard or MMI. (Merchant Mariner Institute)

I apologize that I don’t know, but I have had a license for so long, that I have no idea what the light distribution on a commercial barge going down the Mississippi is? Which is now taught in all boat captain schools nationwide. I got my license in 1980, when I was 16.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hope they're better at docking than the "Teal" yacht.😊

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hope they're better at docking than the "Teal" yacht.😊

That was not the Captains fault! That was the boat builders fault. That Captain saved millions in property damage by choosing to make contact where he did..... twice. Had he hit the bridge, it not only would have been 10 times more expensive, but at least 5000 people would be taking the long way around for months, while the bridge was being fixed. Don’t take my word for it..... the Captain and his story is all over the internet. It’s being debated on every boating website that I am aware of. It sucks having no control of a broken boat...... all sorts of bad things can happen. That incident is proof of the dangers of computerized control that reboots itself while in forward gear. I can’t believe the millennial software engineer didn’t see that problem coming. Lol

rrrr

Reaction score
Perspective: $1mil+ per foot.
View attachment 979099

I remember how shocked I was when the price of recreational boats exceeded $1,000/foot.

😁

In 1979, I bought a 26' Sleekcraft Executive with a Harman 440 direct from the factory for $16,000. That was about $2,500 less than the cost from a dealer in California. In 2004, we bought a Chaparral 256 from Plano Marine for $58,000, a discount from the boat show price of $67,000 because of my relationship with Greg Ray. I had know Greg for about 12 years at that time. Greg won the 1999 IRL championship, and I crewed on the car from 1998 to 2004. A comparable boat, the 2021 Chaparral 256 SSX, is around $175,000.

I took this photo on pit lane in 1999, right before Greg won the pole at Atlanta Motor Speedway. He also won the race.

13938915830_b3aa550b73_z.jpg

This was the 2003 car.

217_1710l.jpg

The TrimSpa girls were hot, they flew a few in for every race. I took this photo at Michigan International Speedway:

5755015787_d524441639_z.jpg

One of my duties on race morning was to find a hottie to sit in the car and hold the brakes on for pit stop practice. That was fun. Unlike real life, I was never turned down.

😁

Last edited:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
That was not the Captains fault! That was the boat builders fault. That Captain saved millions in property damage by choosing to make contact where he did..... twice. Had he hit the bridge, it not only would have been 10 times more expensive, but at least 5000 people would be taking the long way around for months, while the bridge was being fixed. Don’t take my word for it..... the Captain and his story is all over the internet. It’s being debated on every boating website that I am aware of. It sucks having no control of a broken boat...... all sorts of bad things can happen. That incident is proof of the dangers of computerized control that reboots itself while in forward gear. I can’t believe the millennial software engineer didn’t see that problem coming. Lol
My post was in jest and concur with yours.😉😊

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I look forward to seeing this yacht at Parker.

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
My post was in jest and concur with yours.😉😊

I hope I didn’t seem like a dick, because I read your post in the jest that it was meant. Sorry.

spectras only

Reaction score
Perspective: $1mil+ per foot.
View attachment 979099
When Dennis Washington had the 20 foot extension added to his smaller Attessa III, it cost 20 million. ;) He was friends with Allen and had to upgrade the size of his small yacht. His bigger yacht Attessa IV, is still my favouriteof all superyachts
I'd take the small one, Attessa III, easier to dock,haha

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I was in Cabo fishing a couple of years ago and Vava II was in port....#62 on the list and at 96m it's big. Cant imagine the bigger ones... Cost big bucks to dock the boat in the harbor there

Attessa IV is in Cabo a lot, always anchored outside the harbor.

A7532166-A7C1-4A21-971D-4B0FCD473B3A.jpeg

CF812C94-64F3-462A-9576-E597990D15AC.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
I was in Cabo fishing a couple of years ago and Vava II was in port....#62 on the list and at 96m it's big. Cant imagine the bigger ones... Cost big bucks to dock the boat in the harbor there

Attessa IV is in Cabo a lot, always anchored outside the harbor.

View attachment 979175
View attachment 979176

Funny, it's in La Paz now. Right next to Lonian and Hodor. :oops: 🤤

12.png