WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

$49/month Fiat 500e lease

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I know you guys wanna be like me :)
Fiat 500 electric car. 100-ish mile range.

http://insideevs.com/black-friday-saturday-sunday-lease-deal-fiat-500e-49-per-month-0/

Lease it and leave at your Parker/Havasu house. Or use as a grocery-getter...it's half the cost of your cell phone LOL

It's actually $2500 down, but CA sends you a $2500 rebate so effectively no down.

The deal I got was $99/month, this is cheaper than cheap.
(I upped it to 12k miles, $5k lease damage waiver, I'm at $130-ish including tax Lee month.)

Even Jay Leno rolls in one! LOL

IMG_6670.jpg

rvrrun

Reaction score
That's almost too cheap to pass up. How much is insurance on yours and how do you like it?

pronstar

Reaction score
Insurance is the same as my previously owned Volt and my wife's Prius.

I like it for what it is - cheap urban transportation with HOV access. It's more fun to drive than it has any right to be.

Honestly, the payment makes you overlook a lot of real shortcomings tho LOL...it's a great "extra car" as long as you can live with the range and tiny size.

It's not a car that can drive great distances. Charging takes time, not supercharger compatible.

rvrrun

Reaction score
I just want it to run back and forth to the shop (8 miles) and around town errands. I already have 20k miles on our truck and this would be a much better in town car. The biggest negative is a lack of garage space, I'd be worried about people messing with the charge cord in the driveway. We are going down to the dealer on Hawthorne in a couple to look at them.

pronstar

Reaction score
I just want it to run back and forth to the shop (8 miles) and around town errands. I already have 20k miles on our truck and this would be a much better in town car. The biggest negative is a lack of garage space, I'd be worried about people messing with the charge cord in the driveway. We are going down to the dealer on Hawthorne in a couple to look at them.

Honestly it would be perfect for you. This lease is cheaper than the depreciation every mile puts into your truck.

Also, you want a 240-Volt charger, they're around $300-$400 these days. The car will take 240V / 30A.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
Pretty cheap and perfect for someone to go shopping and run errands in,.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I might need to do this for the nanny

Good idea...that way if it gets impounded, you'll be the registered owner and you can go get your stroller and car seat whenever. It's a win win. :D
Although it's probably so small, you might be able to get a car seat in it, but not a stroller. :D

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Good idea...that way if it gets impounded, you'll be the registered owner and you can go get your stroller and car seat whenever. It's a win win. :D
Although it's probably so small, you might be able to get a car seat in it, but not a stroller. :D

Word [emoji41]

Singleton

Reaction score
Might have to go look into this. My middle son turns 16 in April, so this would be perfect for him to drive to/from school.

Never mind, fine print get you
here is some fine print, as usual (like turning over your qualifying California CVRP rebate at point of sale and turning in a competitor?s leased car), so the actual rate you pay may be slightly higher if you don?t meet all of the requirements

pronstar

Reaction score
Might have to go look into this. My middle son turns 16 in April, so this would be perfect for him to drive to/from school.

Never mind, fine print get you
here is some fine print, as usual (like turning over your qualifying California CVRP rebate at point of sale and turning in a competitor?s leased car), so the actual rate you pay may be slightly higher if you don?t meet all of the requirements

The competitive lease doesn't mean you have to turn the leased car in, just that you have a leased car in your garage....and honestly, OC Fiat gave me the lease-conquest rebate even though I didn't actually have a competitive lease. Not sure if they'll do this for the $49 deal.

You do have to put $2500 down as posted, but you also get $2500 chashback from the state so it's a wash.
My deal was $99/month, not the $49 deal, as stated in the OP.

When I got mine, I did everything over email, spent less than 30 mins at the dealership.

Singleton

Reaction score
The competitive lease doesn't mean you have to turn the leased car in, just that you have a leased car in your garage....and honestly, OC Fiat gave me the lease-conquest rebate even though I didn't actually have a competitive lease. Not sure if they'll do this for the $49 deal.

You do have to put $2500 down as posted, but you also get $2500 chashback from the state so it's a wash.
My deal was $99/month, not the $49 deal, as stated in the OP.

When I got mine, I did everything over email, spent less than 30 mins at the dealership.

We will see what the deal is March 31. Last day of Q1 for them. That is the day I get something for the kid.

pronstar

Reaction score
We will see what the deal is March 31. Last day of Q1 for them. That is the day I get something for the kid.

These deals don't go away for long :thumbup:
It's a compliance car and FCA has to move a certain number of them in order to sell cars in the state.
And when they need to make their numbers, the lease specials get more attractive.

The $99/no down deal that I got pretty much runs almost constantly, the $49 deals pop-up a few times per year, usually on OC Fiat's website.
There have got to be at least a dozen people at my work who got them at $99/month. Our parking lot is chock full of these clown cars LOL

milkmoney

Reaction score
Waiting on OC Merrill, although I don't see him so guess it needs to be done.

Son of a bitch that is gay [emoji12][emoji106][emoji202]

rvrrun

Reaction score
I went to Rusnak to look at them, the salesman said the OC deal is a lie and that rebates are no longer offered. As soon as he said that, I left. I'll drive down to OC tomorrow after the rain leaves and see what the skinny is. I don't have a leased car now, but even for $99/month I'll be ahead not putting miles on the truck.

pronstar

Reaction score
I went to Rusnak to look at them, the salesman said the OC deal is a lie and that rebates are no longer offered. As soon as he said that, I left. I'll drive down to OC tomorrow after the rain leaves and see what the skinny is. I don't have a leased car now, but even for $99/month I'll be ahead not putting miles on the truck.

This is the $99 deal I got that basically runs all the time:
$99/month lease (includes $2500 down which I got back from the state, plus competitive lease cash even tho I didn't have a competitive lease for the first one I got)
$10/month to increase miles to 12k per year (lease offer is 10k per year)
$10/month FCA lease warranty (I can return the car with bald tires, door dings, up to $5k in physical damage without any penalty)
$15/month tax
~ $136 total monthly payment (might be a buck or two more/less)

I got the exact same deal for two of these little cars, because I totalled the first one after making one payment :skull
Same deal as several co-workers got, my negotiation tactic was "I want the same deal they got"

The put the competitive lease cash into my first deal even tho I didn't qualify for it.
I did qualify for it on the second lease, because technically I was already leasing one LOL

rvrrun

Reaction score
What's the range on one of those?

It's advertised at 87. The charge time is 24 hrs with 110 and 4 with 240.

I have 240 in the garage, bit its full of cars. I would need to leave this thing in the driveway and move it every morning so the wife can get out or park it on the street. Charging it and putting it somewhere are the two things we are discussing before we look again tomorrow.

boatpi

Reaction score
On the CA rebate of $2,500 it has changed;

1. Among other details you must be a CA resident.
2. If income is above 150K GROSS as single, or above 300K married, NO rebate and more details if it is a Tesla.

I believe everyone must fill out a 4056T form too.

For someone like RvRun who say worked in HB and resided in Torrance, or vs., this is perfect. One day charge commute and HOA sticker on the cheap. I know the Prius plug in we have is priceless on many freeways.

DaBank

Reaction score
This is the $99 deal I got that basically runs all the time:
$99/month lease (includes $2500 down which I got back from the state, plus competitive lease cash even tho I didn't have a competitive lease for the first one I got)
$10/month to increase miles to 12k per year (lease offer is 10k per year)
$10/month FCA lease warranty (I can return the car with bald tires, door dings, up to $5k in physical damage without any penalty)
$15/month tax
~ $136 total monthly payment (might be a buck or two more/less)

I got the exact same deal for two of these little cars, because I totalled the first one after making one payment :skull
Same deal as several co-workers got, my negotiation tactic was "I want the same deal they got"

The put the competitive lease cash into my first deal even tho I didn't qualify for it.
I did qualify for it on the second lease, because technically I was already leasing one LOL

Do you have a contact there that you dealt with? How far of a range on the freeway ? I live in the desert so would it make home from the dealer in OC?

DaBank

Reaction score

Post up what they say in person. I am really thinking about going down tomorrow also if this is really $49 and $2500 down and California gives a $2500 rebate.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Post up what they say in person. I am really thinking about going down tomorrow also if this is really $49 and $2500 down and California gives a $2500 rebate.

That's what it says on the website for 10k mile/year (I might do 3-4k with the truck for long trips and the '32 and t- bird on weekends). There is a $395 fee at lease end and $1000 at signing if you don't have an existing lease.

DaBank

Reaction score
That's what it says on the website for 10k mile/year (I might do 3-4k with the truck for long trips and the '32 and t- bird on weekends). There is a $395 fee at lease end and $1000 at signing if you don't have an existing lease.

I knew about the $395 and was hoping maybe they will still do the $1k without a current lease. 10k miles a year is plenty for this car. $49 a month and $10 for the lease warranty and $15 for taxes would be only $74 a month.

Heylam

Reaction score
What is the approximate monthly cost of electricity to charge one of those nightly?

rvrrun

Reaction score
What is the approximate monthly cost of electricity to charge one of those nightly?

I couldn't find any data specifically on the 500e, but the site I found said EVs take about 30 kWh for 100 miles. Cheaper than gas for an econobox and definitely less than my truck uses.

The jalopnik article said the weight distribution of the 500e is 53/47 and the battery is under the floor for a low CG, couple that with the electric motor that will beat just about anything across a cross walk, and it should be fun to drive. Also, it uses regenerative braking, and the friction brakes don't come into play under 8mph. All this thing should need is tires and wiper fluid.

Heylam

Reaction score
Any idea what that equates to in dollars at SCE rates?

pronstar

Reaction score
Do you have a contact there that you dealt with? How far of a range on the freeway ? I live in the desert so would it make home from the dealer in OC?

Vanessa Diaz is the gal who I, and a bunch of people I know, used.
At 80 - 85 mph, I'll kill the battery in 50-ish miles.
In stop and go city driving, or heavy traffic, it'll go 110 - 120 miles.

Details at SCE's site here:
https://www.sce.com/wps/portal/home/residential/electric-cars/residential-rates/!ut/p/b1/hc_NboJAFAXgZ3HBUubAGMHuhpQMg3-1osXZNNDgSIKMQVrSt-9o3Giq3t25-U5yL5EkJbLOfkqVtaWus-qU5fDT8TmLxBKCrxIGEbwGTjQVwGxgwMYA3BmGZ_0PIq-Jn_DQkDFG6zeXDjzvFvB3z4WI1-FkHjgufPcCRhxhFM8NSBYUgi4wWzJGgeEFPDgyJlJVOj8_vGF1Tn1FZFNsi6Zo7O_GrHdtezi-WLDQdZ2ttFZVYX_pvYX_Kjt9bEl6Lclhn6IUfZn_dr0_EY5KsQ!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?from=/residential/rates/electric-vehicles.htm

I rent and didn't want to install a separate meter, so I'm on a TOU-EV plan.
My bill went down, so did most people I know, despite adding an electric car, because there are no tiered rates for EV's (tiered rates increase in cost as you use more power).
Use as much as you want, pay a flat rate for peak/off-peak/super off-peak times.

BUT...
My power during the day, from 10am to 8pm, is very expensive - around $0.45/kW.
We don't use much power during the day, but if we did, then we would have to reconsider the plan we're on.

Edison's site:
Many customers may see a decrease in the annual cost of electricity on the Residential Time-of-Use Plan without shifting any of their existing household loads. If a few tasks (like clothes and dish washing or pool pump operation) can be switched to low cost off-peak and, preferably, to super-off peak periods, the Residential Time-of-Use Plan may help you save additional money on electricity. With this rate plan, rates change seasonally too, rising in summer and dropping in winter.

Any idea what that equates to in dollars at SCE rates?

The car has a 24kW battery, and about 18kW or so is useable.

I think I pay $0.11/kW at Super Off Peak times.
18kw x $0.11 = $2.00 to go 100-ish miles.

No oil changes.
No gas.
No tune-ups.
No maintenance at all beyond normal tire care.

Really, the age of the disposable car is here.
For literally less than a cell phone bill.

Heylam

Reaction score
Thank you for that info. Definitely makes sense now. Thanks

boatpi

Reaction score
On SCE rates I believe you can only have one special rate plan aside from the separate meter. I have the AC cut off plan, so for about 5 months per year they can cut off my AC for a few hours each day. This has occurred once in 9 years. This plan gives you a $44.95 credit for 5 of the summer months per year. I have the Prius plug in on a timer from 10 Pm to 6 AM, but it tops off in 2 hours. My rates rose maybe $5 a month, so 13 miles X 30 days =390 miles. This really will never effect me but it interesting to note. A relative has two EV cars as he has a newer house with solar, so charges 14 hours a day free.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I have solar so now maybe the scale is tipping back. I had kind of tossed the indies because according to my math that's 4K on a car I'm giving back in 3 years. I could buy something pretty decent for 4K and it would probably last much longer than 3 years. I guess there's variables. I may go look today.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Well, at least as long as the gov't unfunded mandates stay around... :thumbsup

Lease on a gas power one is around 250.00/mo out here (the e model isn't sold in this market).

rvrrun

Reaction score
I called before going to see if they still had them, they do but the deal is up to $69 today and they would not budge on the lease conquest rebate so that would be $1k at signing. Also, we don't meet the income requirement for the clean air rebate so I am out.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I have solar so now maybe the scale is tipping back. I had kind of tossed the indies because according to my math that's 4K on a car I'm giving back in 3 years. I could buy something pretty decent for 4K and it would probably last much longer than 3 years. I guess there's variables. I may go look today.

You having solar may make an electric car very compelling.

You have to put gas in a 4K beater and that is where the math starts to go sideways.

This Fiat costs a couple bucks to charge off peak. At under $100 a month there is probably not cheaper transportation available unless you want to buy an early 90s Geo Metro or Toyota Tercel. But yes after year 4 with a beater you are probably ahead, but you are driving a 30 year old car that kinda sucked 30 years ago and will certainly need some sort of maintenance.

I still have my Yaris that is about to be 10 years old.. so I am out in this Fiat deal.

Strabo

Reaction score
How many grandkids can I shove in it? Rob it's smaller than my rhino.

BajaMike

Reaction score
Oj8_vGF1Tn1FZFNsi6Zo7O_GrHdtezi-WLDQdZ2ttFZVYX_pvYX_Kjt9bEl6Lclhn6IUfZn_dr0_EY5KsQ!!/dl4/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?from=/residential/rates/electric-vehicles.htm[/URL]

preferably, to super-off peak periods, the Residential Time-of-Use Plan may help you save additional money on electricity. With this rate plan, rates change seasonally too, rising in summer and dropping in winter.[/I]

The car has a 24kW battery, and about 18kW or so is useable.

I think I pay $0.11/kW at Super Off Peak times.
18kw x $0.11 = $2.00 to go 100-ish miles.

No oil changes.
No gas.
No tune-ups.
No maintenance at all beyond normal tire care.

It's less than my cell phone bill.......:eek

rvrrun

Reaction score
How many grandkids can I shove in it? Rob it's smaller than my rhino.

My 9 year old behind the driver seat had her knees touching. I am 5'10". The article I read says the floor in the E is higher to accommodate the battery.

pronstar

Reaction score
Honestly it's a commuter car...back seats are for small kids, or temporary adult punishment only. But it does have LATCH anchors back there for car seats.

If you need something to regularly take 4 adults around, this really isn't the car for you.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Honestly it's a commuter car...back seats are for small kids, or temporary adult punishment only. But it does have LATCH anchors back there for car seats.

If you need something to regularly take 4 adults around, this really isn't the car for you.

This is my problem with the car. My Yaris 2 door fits 4 adults comfortably. I'm 6'3 and can sit in the back without my knees touching the front seat.

Hugh Jascaulk

Reaction score
From all the bad ass boats and toys people own on this board, no way in hell would I think most would qualify for the rebate with a 150k single and 300k joint max gross income[emoji51]

rvrrun

Reaction score
From all the bad ass boats and toys people own on this board, no way in hell would I think most would qualify for the rebate with a 150k single and 300k joint max gross income[emoji51]

That's what sunk the deal for us.

pronstar

Reaction score
They really tightened the reigns in the cash back program, was $500k combined income when I leased mine.

Put the lease in your kid's name?

rvrrun

Reaction score
If you make 300K combined, why the fuck would you need to pinch pennies with this lil RC car anyways? LOL....friggin ballers.:D

That's exactly it. I started racing RC when electrics debuted, the 500e would have brought back memories.