WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

496/8100 Vortec

RiverSpeed-Marine

Reaction score
Is your 496 Broken? Need a new motor? Well then we are looking for you.
We are searching for a 496 owner who lives in the Arizona area, who needs a rebuilt 496 for their boat. Our new engine must be installed by a certified Mercury Tech at a licensed boat repair facility. Your engine ECM must be a MEFI 4 or you must be willing to use our new wiring harness and Holley ECM. Your short block package will sold to you at a sizable discount. It will be dyno tuned. We are looking for a person who is keeping the boat stock. Exceptions will be exhaust type, Headers or factory IRON. The block will be new, with ALL forged internals 9:1 forged pistons. 547 cubic inches. We estimate the horsepower increase between 500-560, Short block will come with oil pump, double roller timing set, new head bolts, and new Cometic head gaskets. You will be responsible to have your heads refinished to spec. All sensors must work. For more information please email us [email protected]

We are Arizona Speed & Marine and River Speed & Marine

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have read this twice and still can’t fi guy RE out exactly what you are asking for?

hallett21

Reaction score
Customer provides you a 496 and you rebuild including computer at a discount?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Sounds like a new short block and the rest your stuff. I should check on this since mine is out of the boat.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
The Merc 496 didn’t come with a MEFI 4 type ECM…That was more of a Volvo Penta (and a few others) that ran that design ECM in the earlier years.
Mercruiser used a Motorola 555 PCM design.