WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

496 Gen 7 heads - what replacements are available? Raylar, Dart iron... any else?

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious who else makes replacement heads for the 496? I know of Raylar and I believe either dart or world makes an iron head, but are there any others? Mostly just curious to know what's out there.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Call Alexi at BoostPower. I do have a new in box set of roller rockers for the gen7 sitting in my garage 400$

Qwiketz

Reaction score
Thanks. Mostly just learning what’s out there and learning more about the gen7 for now. I’ll keep that in mind though

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just curious who else makes replacement heads for the 496? I know of Raylar and I believe either dart or world makes an iron head, but are there any others? Mostly just curious to know what's out there.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Hi all,

The Raylar are CNC Aluminum and would be my first choice over the iron heads.

Qwiketz

Reaction score
thanks for taking the time to round that info up.

Qwiketz

Reaction score
thanks guys. I will check him out down the road. I have been watching many of his videos on youtube.

I'm also curious to see how this whole Dart block develops that is supposed to be a direct replacement. Sounds like they'll have a water jacketed version and one that is siamese that you can go to a big bore and relatively big cubic inches.

Once again, not in any rush. Just gathering info in case I do have to make some decisions down the road or have some cash burning a hole in my pocket.