WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5 blade props

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
Is anyone running using or used a 5 blade prop.

I have a 25' eliminator w/ a massaged 454. I'm thinking a 4 blade 22 would be great for pulling skiers and such but I'm wondering about a good prop for when I'm running up Powell fully loaded with camp gear. 3 80 lb dogs 2 adults 2 kids gear for atleast 3 days.

Currently using a 4 blade 25* have used a 4 blade 24* and that was better. I think a 22* 4 blade would perfect and curious about these 5 blades.

Any thoughts or opinions experiences?

C08H18

Reaction score
Have you experienced any cavitation getting on plane with either the 25p or 24p? if so, a 22' may help. 5 blade props are typically used with higher HP and when centerline of prop shaft is at or above the bottom of boat, so i would stick with the 4 blade.

Trash

Reaction score
I would go with the Bravo 22" and go no bigger for Powell. The altitude sucks the life out of N/A motors.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Right on fellas thanks for the input. I don't feel like it's a cavitation as it did perform better with the 24*. And I understand what you're saying about the 5 blades.

It's tough reading information on these propeller websites as they don't divulge enough information or they say a prop is for one application and it's works for another.

Thank you again.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
On my 240 with big HP I ran a 5 blade 24 at Powell and it ran fast with great mid range. Lugged a bit out of the hole. My backup that I ran occasionally was a 4 blade 26 and it would redline a little higher than the 5 blade and didn't have as much top end speed or mid range but you could tell the motor and drive were much happier with 4 blade for the hole shot and while at lower speeds.

What are you going to Powell for anyway? Good luck getting past all those surfer boats in the channel and the hoards of "uptight and judgemental mormons!" Oh, and be careful, they wear one pieces!:eek:

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Haha yes the surf boats are out of control lately and the mormons look down on me me as a throw my tall boy in the air to wave hello but eh... Whatevs. So Powell is where we go to hit the water we usually go camp near rock creek so we lose the crowd generally. This weekend will be our last weekend there for the summer and we will be at 35 days there since mother's day this summer. And between the boats I think we will have logged 75 hours this season.

So I just picked up my eliminator and the bravo 1 drive is new. My Crownline has a bravo 3. Two completely different animals.

My natural intuition was to look for a 4x22* but then I saw those 5 blades and thought maybe, but I should ask around.

Thank you @J DUNN

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Haha yes the surf boats are out of control lately and the mormons look down on me me as a throw my tall boy in the air to wave hello but eh... Whatevs. So Powell is where we go to hit the water we usually go camp near rock creek so we lose the crowd generally. This weekend will be our last weekend there for the summer and we will be at 35 days there since mother's day this summer. And between the boats I think we will have logged 75 hours this season.

So I just picked up my eliminator and the bravo 1 drive is new. My Crownline has a bravo 3. Two completely different animals.

My natural intuition was to look for a 4x22* but then I saw those 5 blades and thought maybe, but I should ask around.

Thank you @J DUNN

No problem. I know there is A LOT that I don't know so it's not my place to suggest what you should use. Just share what my experience is and hopefully that helps you.

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers