Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Done-it-again

Reaction score
What is the HP/torque?

That would look great in the hallett!

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
It was never Dyno'd. So I am not sure. I don't want to even guess.

I saw 5700 RPM on a 28 lab in the Speedster.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
It should work good.

It idles pretty smooth. Not sure if you need that but it works for an IO

The exhaust turns down pretty early but I am not sure what your requirements are there?

How it work on a jet boat

Reaction score
I'm not a motor guy whatsoever, however, I have thrown the idea around of going non-mercury engine because of the sheer cost associated with Blue motors and increased HP. Is this motor built for reliability or does it need special care, outside of the traditional maintenance, fluids, filters, etc..., considering the customization of the build? It would go inside a 09 Conquest. Currently has a 496 HO so I'd also have to get a new drive and add hydraulic steering. Thanks

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
I'm not a motor guy whatsoever, however, I have thrown the idea around of going non-mercury engine because of the sheer cost associated with Blue motors and increased HP. Is this motor built for reliability or does it need special care, outside of the traditional maintenance, fluids, filters, etc..., considering the customization of the build? It would go inside a 09 Conquest. Currently has a 496 HO so I'd also have to get a new drive and add hydraulic steering. Thanks

Teague has good reputation of building solid and reliable motors, This thing should be trouble free for many years if treated correctly. Has far better parts in it than a merc blue motor as well.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
I thought Brian from B&D built this motor?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Its pretty turn key. Its not whacked out. I set it up to drive it.

Just do the usual maintenance and it should be good

The EFI helps with the idle and shifting.

You should be good.

Duck'ed_Up

Reaction score
It was totally rebuilt by Teague last October.

They changed a few things, new cam and a lot of other new parts

Did it have problems or you just weren’t happy with it?

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
You must have not read the other thread. Lol

It had a water leak internally.

It was all fixed by Teague. It had to be completely rebuilt so it is like new now. Runs good now.

I came to the conclusion that 27 needs a lot more power and a supercharger. This engine runs fine. The boat itself just need more speed.

Did it have problems or you just weren’t happy with it?

Last edited:

farmo83

Reaction score
This looks like the ticket for my little schiada

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
BTW, just throwing this out there. For anyone who is seriously interested, my boat is stored 5 minutes from the Delta.

It would be very easy to talk me into taking a quick spin on the Delta so you can see how it runs. (me driving of course with you as DD, designated drinker)

Easy in and out.

Discuss it over drinks at Windmill.

Last edited:

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Same. But I am open to negotiation. ;):D

Xring01

Reaction score
Teague has good reputation of building solid and reliable motors, This thing should be trouble free for many years if treated correctly. Has far better parts in it than a merc blue motor as well.

I have seen the exact opposite... on a couple of occasions.
No... I am not going to get into the details... because an engine builder buddy of mine inherited some off that mess.. Not sure if the Lawsuit has been resolved yet.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
So far all my friends have been happy with their Teague motors and there are alot of them running around here

Last edited:
Reactions: D19

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I also have the drive for sale if you need that too. Update add with that

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Seems a can swap alone should be plenty for 6.5-7psi with a Whipple on top, and that’s seriously keeping it reliable. 6.5-7 with 9.5/1 would be very reasonable and dependable. Hell could easily go 8-10psi on 91 with a little octane booster.

prorider

Reaction score
Seems a can swap alone should be plenty for 6.5-7psi with a Whipple on top, and that’s seriously keeping it reliable. 6.5-7 with 9.5/1 would be very reasonable and dependable. Hell could easily go 8-10psi on 91 with a little octane booster.

That would make it 900-1000 hp. Don’t think you understand dependable in a boat.

D19

Reaction score
I have seen the exact opposite... on a couple of occasions.
No... I am not going to get into the details... because an engine builder buddy of mine inherited some off that mess.. Not sure if the Lawsuit has been resolved yet.

Pretty lame to mention this drama in DaveC's classified thread. Granted it might not be your motive to sabotage a sale, but your comment is defiantly not contributing anything positive.

farmo83

Reaction score
I considered this but by the time I modified it to fit my boat I think it will be more economical to just rebuild what I have. GLWTS.