WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

'55 MANDELLA

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I am restoring Rozzie Barton's 18' '55 Joe Mandella twin prop-twin rudder speed ski boat. The wood hull has been rebuilt and glassed. I am waiting for a call from the painter. The '55 Olds engine has been rebuilt. The trailer now has tandem axles w/brakes. The paint job will be as original '56 Olds, turquois/white.
I would appreciate information about the boat.
HARLAN ORRIN

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I am restoring Rozzie Barton's 18' '55 Joe Mandella twin prop-twin rudder speed ski boat. The wood hull has been rebuilt and glassed. I am waiting for a call from the painter. The '55 Olds engine has been rebuilt. The trailer now has tandem axles w/brakes. The paint job will be as original '56 Olds, turquois/white.
I would appreciate information about the boat.
HARLAN ORRIN

Harlan, It's me, Denny Scales,...........I've been back & forth up to Idaho recently, ran into Jerry Gilbreath & Bruce Izatt Jr. Jerry's got a bunch of old Mandella pics, I'm going back July 4, I'll go thru Jerry's pics an see IF he's got any of Rozzie's boat.

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
Harlan, It's me, Denny Scales,...........I've been back & forth up to Idaho recently, ran into Jerry Gilbreath & Bruce Izatt Jr. Jerry's got a bunch of old Mandella pics, I'm going back July 4, I'll go thru Jerry's pics an see IF he's got any of Rozzie's boat.

How far away from Bruce Izatt are you up there? Make sure to tell him Barry Obler says hello. He got me my first Vogue ski, it's still in the rafters in the garage, and his dad had a lot to do with teaching me to ski. Gilbreaths were family friends as well, with the Mandella racing, but less likely that Jerry would remember me, maybe my father Bruce.

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
How far away from Bruce Izatt are you up there? Make sure to tell him Barry Obler says hello. He got me my first Vogue ski, it's still in the rafters in the garage, and his dad had a lot to do with teaching me to ski. Gilbreaths were family friends as well, with the Mandella racing, but less likely that Jerry would remember me, maybe my father Bruce.

Bruce has a place on the Spokane river in Post Falls, about 5 miles from where I'm staying at. I'll definately pass along your hello :D

harlanorrin

Reaction score

I would be interested in any pics of vintage wood Mandellas.
Rozzies boat paint design was like a 1956 Oldsmobile, in turquois and white.
I will be leaving in the morning for the v-drive boat show at Bass Lake, north of Fresno.

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I would like to get a speed ski to display with my '55 Mandella. It will be going to the painter soon.
HARLAN ORRIN

Skyskier

skiing Parker since 1960
Reaction score
I would like to get a speed ski to display with my '55 Mandella. It will be going to the painter soon.
HARLAN ORRIN

Call me when you get back, I'm pretty sure I still have an old Stearns racing ski up in the rafters, I'll look this weekend.
Denny