WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

5th wheel hitch - F**k ETrailer.com

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Looking for a 5th wheel after etrailer.com promised they would have it delivered today and now it is on back order.

2020 Ford Super Duty long bed with factory puck set up rated for 24k or more.

I tried Arrow trailer supply no luck.

We are leaving for Havasu with the new truck and trailer on Friday.

I am in So Cal

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't know where you are, I think Benlo's RV had a couple places in SoCal. Also, if need be, hit an RV dealer. Usually overpriced, but they tend to stock them...so you can drive off the lot.

Good luck, been there, done that!

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
I ordered some LEDS from there yesterday. Said delivery Friday, email this morning say backordered. Think they need a new stock checking program.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
Looking for a 5th wheel after etrailer.com promised they would have it delivered today and now it is on back order.

We are leaving for Havasu with the new truck and true or Friday.

if you are in Phoenix, I have a 25k Reese hitch that uses that puck system and you are welcome to use it in the meantime.

Meaney77

Reaction score
When I purchased my F450 I was able to get the hitch direct through Ford and the factory Ford/Reese hitch was the same price as if I purchased through any other company. It wasnt marked up and re branded as a Ford product.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
if you are in Phoenix, I have a 25k Reese hitch that uses that puck system and you are welcome to use it in the meantime.

Thank you I really appreciate that I am in So Cal. If worse comes to worse I’ll take you up on that offer.

Cdog

Reaction score
Why aren’t you guys going with the factory reese set up that is made to work with the puck system in the truck?

I have ran this set up in my 2006 Chevy since it was available. It used to be called the Reese signature series now I think it’s called the elite. I have the 18 K slider works great.

sfury

Reaction score
I can get you a 20K RVK3300 Friday for 1000.00 plus tax but no 25K's around. seven144017599 Robert

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
I have a "superglide" slider, believe it is 26k, that I have no use for. Mint condition, has cover and everything. You'd need to get the under-bed components to mount, but I'd let the hitch go if your interested. Nice hitch

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Why aren’t you guys going with the factory reese set up that is made to work with the puck system in the truck?

I have ran this set up in my 2006 Chevy since it was available. It used to be called the Reese signature series now I think it’s called the elite. I have the 18 K slider works great.

So does the B&W Companion. Each hitch mfg builds it to fit each truck mfg.

Some people like the fact the B&W is US made.

Cdog

Reaction score
So does the B&W Companion. Each hitch mfg builds it to fit each truck mfg.

Some people like the fact the B&W is US made.

Is the Reece not made in the USA? The rail system & gooseneck in the ford bed is made by Reece.

HitIt

Reaction score
eTrailer is great when things go smoothly. If you have a problem, it is almost impossible to resolve. They dont care about you *at all* and are really rude about it. I have had it go both ways.

Cheap/fast/good. Choose your vendor accordingly.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hope you can find what you need...sounds like the rdp support system has some leads for you.
I wouldn't be totally pissed at etrailer. A ton of manufacturers have been adversely affected by this damn plandemic. Many e-retailers don't actually stock items but 3rd party ship them to you.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Is the Reece not made in the USA? The rail system & gooseneck in the ford bed is made by Reece.

No, mexico by draw tite

Personally I don't care, I just don't want the chucking so not sure what has a tighter king pin locking. The B&W has a twin jaw vs the reese has a single...

My old hitch was a reese but it was old and had a single straight bar.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
How do you like the Curt?

It has been flawless, only downside is the weight of the hitch but that is primarily due to the slider which I needed since I didn't opt for a long bed. Takes two strong guys to lift it into the bed and that is with taking the head off. I plan on putting up a chain hoist in my garage so I can do it by myself but need to do some reinforcements before hand.

IMG_7455.jpg

jones performance

Reaction score
the quality of the B&W hitches is top notch. only hitches ill ever buy. i bought one after having my 5th wheel come off a reese hitch a few years ago.

glamis0812

Reaction score
If I was closer to you I would let you use mine. I also ordered my B&W through etrailer but it was a month before all this crap going on.

Last edited:

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
It has been flawless, only downside is the weight of the hitch but that is primarily due to the slider which I needed since I didn't opt for a long bed. Takes two strong guys to lift it into the bed and that is with taking the head off. I plan on putting up a chain hoist in my garage so I can do it by myself but need to do some reinforcements before hand.

View attachment 915455

Pull the pins and leave it attached to the trailer? I plan on doing this the next time I connect to the truck.
My trailer is stored inside, suppose it wouldn't be a good idea if stored outside at a storage facility.

King295

Well-Known Inmate #20225
Reaction score
Pull the pins and leave it attached to the trailer? I plan on doing this the next time I connect to the truck.
My trailer is stored inside, suppose it wouldn't be a good idea if stored outside at a storage facility.

I keep my hitch in the garage on a moving dolly to keep it out of the elements, plus I use the bed of my truck often for motorcycles. If I only needed a quick disconnect and re-connect I would consider it but I'm not keen on having it hanging off the front of my trailer. Plus, it would be a pain to line it back up and get it into the pucks (not a lot of room for error).

I bought this off etrailer to use with the chain hoist and have all the parts just lagging on getting it put up.

waterboy

PONTOON MEMBER
Reaction score
When I got my 2020 I went with a Reese goose box on the fifth wheel and just a ball in the bed of my truck in the puck system works great no heavy hitches to move around.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on the 5w hitch jaws? Two or One? I've heard quite a few youtube videos on recommending the one single jaw as preferable to the two jaws because it wraps completely around the kingpin, vs the two jaws that meet in the middle behind the kingpin.

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Hope you can find what you need...sounds like the rdp support system has some leads for you.
I wouldn't be totally pissed at etrailer. A ton of manufacturers have been adversely affected by this damn plandemic. Many e-retailers don't actually stock items but 3rd party ship them to you.

I only reason I am upset is I was told over the phone when I ordered that my items would arrive by 8/26 and I paid $250 in rush shipping. Then this morning I receive the top plate to my 5th wheel hitch and not the lower section that attaches to the factory puck set up. So I ask the guy why the hell would I pay extra to rush half a hitch? :mad:

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I only reason I am upset is I was told over the phone when I ordered that my items would arrive by 8/26 and I paid $250 in rush shipping. Then this morning I receive the top plate to my 5th wheel hitch and not the lower section that attaches to the factory puck set up. So I ask the guy why the hell would I pay extra to rush half a hitch? :mad:
Ahh, now I get your displeasure.👍

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Upland, CA

Its far but my BIL just bought one from an RV dealer in Valencia, it the one that is off of the 5 before Magic Mountain, you can see them from the freeway. They stock them for that truck, The dealer in Valencia referred him. Its was pricey but took all of 15 min to put in. They did it for him. He was in a similar situation a month ago,

Cdog

Reaction score
When I got my 2020 I went with a Reese goose box on the fifth wheel and just a ball in the bed of my truck in the puck system works great no heavy hitches to move around.

This is the route I’m going with a new truck. I have never had to use the slide on my 5th set up. CCSB truck

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Its far but my BIL just bought one from an RV dealer in Valencia, it the one that is off of the 5 before Magic Mountain, you can see them from the freeway. They stock them for that truck, The dealer in Valencia referred him. Its was pricey but took all of 15 min to put in. They did it for him. He was in a similar situation a month ago,

By chance do you know the dealer name? I am searching for it now as well.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
So what's the consensus on the 5w hitch jaws? Two or One? I've heard quite a few youtube videos on recommending the one single jaw as preferable to the two jaws because it wraps completely around the kingpin, vs the two jaws that meet in the middle behind the kingpin.

Wanting to know the something before buying mine, still waiting for the trailer to be built. Guess I should buy it now as it could take forever to get.

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score

We are leaving for Havasu with the new truck and trailer on Friday.

I am in So Cal
Does Redneck trailer supply have them?

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Does Redneck trailer supply have them?

I tried them and they would have to order it.

I did find a new Curt Q24 that has the puck system so ill end up going with that for the mean time.

wzuber

Reaction score
does redneck in mira loma stock that curt hitch

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Have you tried Redneck Trailer in Mira Loma?